Your Favorite Quote(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkV5

Really Experienced
Simple and easy, just post up your favorite quotes for everyone to see!
It doesn't matter where it came from (movies music, tv, books).

I'll start with a pretty common one...

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it."
- Ferris Bueller

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
Theodore Roosevelt

Spoken in the British House of Commons:
"I wish to thank your sir for proving to me that there is no such thing as unutterable nonsense "
Unknown.

From a newspaper feature about a distant town in Greenland with rampant criminality and disrupted families:

"This is one of the most violent places in the world, but people here live beyond fear."

there is something very quirky and intriguing about that aphorism..

Thats on of my favorites Melissa, it is here on my desk at work.

I have done a couple of pieces or art with it on them and am eventually going to have it engraved in a coffee table i think. It's strange to think it came from the same man who said 'speak softly and carry a big stick.'

Sex without love is an empty experience,
but, as empty experiences go, it's one of the best.

Woody Allen​

"When you were born, you were crying and the whole world was smiling. Live your life to the fullest so that when you die, the whole world is crying while you're smiling."

~Anonymous

Sex without love is an empty experience,
but, as empty experiences go, it's one of the best.

Woody Allen​

He has some GREAT ones.

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
- Woody Allen

"Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got them and some of them stink."

:D

Here's two from our eloquent president:
"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004 (Watch video)

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

more here http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/blbushdumbquotes2.htm

O, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!...

Sir Walter Scott (1771–1832),​

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.”

Oscar Wilde

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers. Ricky Bobby

"Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

"if there's a steady paycheck involved, I'll believe anything you want me to "-ernie hudson in Ghostbusters

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Oscar Wilde

I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
Roy Croft

I know what you`re thinking about,`
said Tweedledum: ` but it isn`t so, nohow.`

`Contrariwise,` continued Tweedledee,
`if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn`t, it ain`t.. That`s logic.`

Lewis Carroll​

Try not to become a man of success but a man of value.

Albert Einstein

I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure which is try to please everybody

Herbert Bayard Swope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back