Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT THE FUCK??? My car loan charges me $500 a month. Last month I owed 10,990, and I paid $600 like I always do. This month I owe 10,500? WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY FUCKING ARE STEALING MONEY FROM ME LIKE THAT??? I noticed a while ago that they don't appear to be taking anything off the principal amount when I overpay, but I still paid more to get the load out of the way sooner than later. AND NOW THE FUCKS ARE ACTING LIKE I DIDN'T PAY THEM $200 FUCKING DOLLARS? ARE THEY FUCKING INSANE??? WHAT THE ABSOLUTE MOTHER FUCKING FUCK!?!?!?!?!? Mother fucking fucker FUCKS!!!!

I've had a feeling for a year now those fucks are overcharging me. When I used an online loan calculator it said that I should be 100% paid off by the end of March, and yet with my bank's calculations I will still owe through the five year period even though I have been paying $100+ every single month since March of 2010.

I'm sick of these fucks. I would have gotten a loan through my regular bank for 5% if GMAC had actually closed out my last car loan when I paid it off in 2005, but no. Those fucks screwed me over by not releasing my Firebird's title, and now everyone else is screwing me the fuck over like a bunch of fucking fucks. Well fuck them all. I'm coming for my money back.

WHAT THE FUCK??? My car loan charges me $500 a month. Last month I owed 10,990, and I paid $600 like I always do. This month I owe 10,500? WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY FUCKING ARE STEALING MONEY FROM ME LIKE THAT??? I noticed a while ago that they don't appear to be taking anything off the principal amount when I overpay, but I still paid more to get the load out of the way sooner than later. AND NOW THE FUCKS ARE ACTING LIKE I DIDN'T PAY THEM $200 FUCKING DOLLARS? ARE THEY FUCKING INSANE??? WHAT THE ABSOLUTE MOTHER FUCKING FUCK!?!?!?!?!? Mother fucking fucker FUCKS!!!!

I've had a feeling for a year now those fucks are overcharging me. When I used an online loan calculator it said that I should be 100% paid off by the end of March, and yet with my bank's calculations I will still owe through the five year period even though I have been paying $100+ every single month since March of 2010.

I'm sick of these fucks. I would have gotten a loan through my regular bank for 5% if GMAC had actually closed out my last car loan when I paid it off in 2005, but no. Those fucks screwed me over by not releasing my Firebird's title, and now everyone else is screwing me the fuck over like a bunch of fucking fucks. Well fuck them all. I'm coming for my money back.

Are we to take it that you are not amused? :)

I watched "Last Vegas" last night. Interesting movie and worth watching IMHO, anyway.

A guy "chick-flick" if there ever was one. :D

Watching the Olympic Slope Style event is making me want to grab my board and head to the mountains.

No matter what we do with our life, or how much we think we are in control, destiny determines our path. Some days, I don't like destiny.

Well guys! I am just coming on for a little blurt. I know how Ogg and HP love these management stories I bring on here and now that I have started teaching again, I already have a bundle! Yup, I have been teaching for a week and ...

It started with the line manageress circulating an online form for us all to fill in. Could we tick if we were going to bother to show up for sessions we are contracted to deliver :rolleyes:, and could we give the title of our presentation. I replied saying we needed to have a discussion as it’s hard to decide what to deliver a session about, without knowing what other people are doing.

There was no discussion so the day before the event, it emerged that two of us were teaching the exact same topic – the other person having been advised by Line Manageress to cover the same material as I had said I would be covering ten days before.

Meanwhile, Line Manageress emailed that as the train coming in from where I and a colleague live would be arriving an hour and a quarter before the event, she would be bringing cream cakes! I replied that the weather forecast was for gale force winds and heavy rain, and could she confirm that she expected us to make our way through these conditions. Eventually another manager got back to say, Yes, you must go. My colleague drove over, and on our way back we were privileged to see a lorry jack-knifed onto the barrier between the motorway lanes, with fire officers running around cutting the driver out of his cab.

We got there early, to find the building wasn’t open! Line Manageress was there but there were no cream cakes :mad:. “Did you get my email I sent half an hour before?” she enquired, then added herself: “I thought as I sent it that you would probably be travelling ha ha ha.” Ha ha ha.

Line Manageress seemed confused as to why we mere tutors had brought to her attention a Six Nations rugby match on that day and a major local derby between the two neighbouring city football teams. Then she was surprised that hardly any students came to the event. She instituted a huddle at the front of the classroom. For fifteen minutes the students sat twiddling their thumbs while she tried to figure out what to do with five lecturers and not enough students to go round. Eventually my colleague and I agreed to spend most of the day in the nearby Costa cafe, so our colleagues could deliver their teaching and nip off early.

When I returned to deliver my session, a student rushed past me in tears, saying: “I can’t stand it! I’ve got to get out!” Now, we do have a lot of students with mental health issues but ordinarily they find the module an encouraging and affirming process, not one which leads to them leaving with the screaming heebie-jeebies. I tried to run after her a little way but I had to get back to teach my class and I saw the Line Manageress whom I asked to go after her.

Students in my session then informed me that they had received an email saying that although the event went on all day, it was split in two halves and they could come the morning or the afternoon. Some had arranged childcare cover just for the morning, and were expecting to go home at 12 noon. So they were trying to figure out how to manage to stay the rest of the day – plus, in spite of my asking for this to be ascertained beforehand there was no information circulated about the lack of catering facilities open on Saturdays so nobody knew if there was anywhere they could go to get food. (I had brought a substantial picnic of course :cool:.)

Meanwhile I had realised that the first tutorial for my student groups was timetabled for the exact same time as the Day School, so everyone else’s group have got extra tutorial support ahead of the first assignment whereas my groups have to make do with a ropey old Day School :mad:.

Today I have an email from the Line Manageress saying what a great success, and how positive the students were about the event, even though I know for a fact that two lecturers have complained about her to management and one tore a strip off her on the day such that she snuck off home without saying goodbye to us (presumably taking all the cream cakes with her).

Oh well, at least I was able to get home (safely – just about) in time to see the predictable disaster that was the Calcutta Cup match in a pub with a decent whisky, surrounded by sad Welshman and one dressed as a banana :nana:.

Holy hell, that was close. *gasping after nearly missing the bus* And this damn tooth is really beginning to hurt! :(:mad:

Hi, Duchess. *hugs*

Last edited:
Naoko:
Today I have an email from the Line Manageress saying what a great success, and how positive the students were about the event, even though I know for a fact that two lecturers have complained about her to management and one tore a strip off her on the day such that she snuck off home without saying goodbye to us (presumably taking all the cream cakes with her).

Have you asked her where they are or where they went ?
Loved it, Darhlink. :rose:

JOhn, mate.
I thought you'd had the tooth fixed ?

Naoko:

Have you asked her where they are or where they went ?
Loved it, Darhlink. :rose:

JOhn, mate.
I thought you'd had the tooth fixed ?

Got fillings last week, but my tooth has been sensitive ever since and is starting to get much more painful now. The interwebs tell me the aching after fillings is normal for a couple weeks....followed by pictures of cats. But I'm calling the dentist after work today about it. At the very least they can prescribe some good painkillers.

Got fillings last week, but my tooth has been sensitive ever since and is starting to get much more painful now. The interwebs tell me the aching after fillings is normal for a couple weeks....followed by pictures of cats. But I'm calling the dentist after work today about it. At the very least they can prescribe some good painkillers.

They must use some real strange stuff over there. Assuming an 'average' filling,
my experience is 'all gone in 24-36 hours.'

They must use some real strange stuff over there. Assuming an 'average' filling,
my experience is 'all gone in 24-36 hours.'

It was deep near the nerve though. So my biggest worry is that I'll still need a root canal.

Well guys! I am just coming on for a little blurt. I know how Ogg and HP love these management stories I bring on here and now that I have started teaching again, I already have a bundle! Yup, I have been teaching for a week and ...

Oh well, at least I was able to get home (safely – just about) in time to see the predictable disaster that was the Calcutta Cup match in a pub with a decent whisky, surrounded by sad Welshman and one dressed as a banana :nana:.

I found early in my career that 'management' and 'education' were mutually exclusive concepts and those who practised one usually didn't understand the other. Those in education management can talk the talk, quote management gurus, read management books and even write incomprehensible texts, but they have never walked the walk and managed in a situation where failure means instant dismissal.

... Edited :TMI

Naoko - keep trying to get your managers to manage properly. Your students deserve better than managerial incompetence.

Last edited:
By the sound of it, you perhaps should have had it done!
[ Sympathy, though ]

Well, initially they said that it was close, but not at the nerve, so they did fillings instead. I really hope this just goes away, but I'm going back in a week anyway so we'll see.

Why does chicken cost so much more than beef? I get a hamburger at some places for around $9.00, and chicken will cost $12.50 to $14.50. I don't get it.

Busy, busy week. Couple of tests, project due, and a short paper due. Oh and some large winter storm headed this way, heh. :rolleyes:

Mr Penn and I watched Sharknado last night and it was gloriously silly!

The indignation and shifting moralities of Litsters almost makes me want to chuckle.

Wondering how much alcohol is safe to take with ibuprofen, or if I even care. :mad:

Should have blurted this earlier -- got our latest electric bill. We'd switched suppliers and dontcha know, they raised the rate. More than twice as high; this is our highest bill ever, including summers where we run A/C. We are switching back to PECO, although it's a bummer we can't switch until March 6.

Mr Penn was NOT a happy camper when he saw that bill.

2.8 degrees outside. 63 inside the office because I turned the heat off yesterday afternoon when it reached room temperature, and forgot to turn it back on before I left...

I was looking for crochet patterns for the PowerPuff Girls. One link led me to a blog, moistcrochetedvagina.blogspot.com.

uh huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back