Since You've Been Gone. (CLOSED)

SortOfBeautiful

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 28, 2011
Posts
902
Since You've Been Gone. (CLOSED for Magister26)

ashley.jpg
ashley2.jpg


Ashley Sullivan
Age: Twenty-Two​


Hot, and humid. That’s exactly what the weather was like in that small town in Mobile, Alabama. But wasn’t it always? Ashley Sullivan had been born and raised in that hick town, as were parents, and their parents, and so on. She didn’t mind living in a town where everyone knew everyone and there was no such thing as a secret. Because your business was everyone’s business. Sure, sometimes it all got a little old, and growing up she often dreamed about moving to the city and making a life for her out there…but certain forces kept her there in Mobile.

One of those ‘forces’ was her family. Richard Sullivan owned one of the largest farms in Bailey, and provided a lot of fresh foods to the locals and even some outside vendors. The Sullivan family was pretty well off, and very well-liked by others in town. Richard Wallace was a good man, and his only daughter was the town’s sweetheart. It was a shame such a beautiful young woman was hidden away in the middle of nowhere, but it wasn’t until recently, a little over four years ago, that she became romantically available. ‘Back on the market’, her dad called it. Although, Ashley felt differently.

While there were a few guys in town who were anxious to date her, she just wasn’t ready. She didn’t like to talk about her high school sweetheart who left shortly after high school to enlist in the military. She didn't just lose a boyfriend, but also her best friend. They hadn’t exactly ended on the best of terms and to this day, the memories of the way things ended still hurt. Ashley kept to herself a lot about the break-up, and tried her damn hardest to move on. So, now that he was out of sight, she also tried to keep him out of mind. Easier said than done.

”Ashley, sweetie, will you get me another beer?” Ashley’s father asked as they sat in the backyard of one of the locals. There was a barbeque going on, and about twenty people or so were in that large backyard that overlooked the lake in town. A few people had even wandered down to swim, but Ashley had stayed up where the food and beer were.

“Sure, pops.” She smiled and stood up from the lawn chair she had been sunbathing in and walked over to a cooler across the lawn. She wore cute, knee-length white cotton sundress, and her curled, golden blonde hair bounced at her shoulders as it was practically glowing underneath the sun that blared down on them. Leaning over, Ashley reached her small hands into the cooler as her fingers fumbled through the melted ice before she fished out two beers.

Today was turning out to be just a normal, typical day in Mobile, Alabama.
 
Last edited:
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc356/gta4realzzz/hot-army-guy-2.jpg
Brian Donovan
Age: 25

Having grown up in Mobile as the son of the town's sheriff, Brian's life had always been controlled and organized for him. His father was a little dictator who wanted Brian to follow in his footsteps and become a deputy. It was why, when he finished high school, he decided to enlist in the army. It would allow him to go away from his father but also make him proud. Mr. Donovan was a true patriot, having served in the Marines in his youth.

His choice however, made someone else unhappy. His girlfriend at the time, Ashley, was against his choice and wanted him to stay with her. Unfortunately he had to go, he was starting to feel oppressed by this town. It was never against her but she didn't took it that way. He left for Colorado and became a soldier. He loved it but after four years, decided to move on. Especially when he got news that his dad had been found dead in his house. Heart attack. As his mother had passed away before he had left, Brian was now alone in the world, the only child of the family.

Packing up, he returned to Mobile with some guilt about his father, about his choice...He had inherited the house but he had no money to keep it. He would have to work. Mobile being a small town, the news about his return spread fast and the fact that he was alone and in need of a job too.

Having known him and his father for yours, Mr. Sullivan didn't wait and drove to the Donovans' house and offered his condolences to the boy then proposed him to work for him on his farm. Brian was a strong man and his work in the army had certainly turned him into a hard working fellow.

Brian didn't hesitate and accepted the offer, happy to have quickly found a source of revenue to keep the house. He accepted Mr. Sullivan's invitation to a little barbecue organized by some locals, a mean to celebrate his return to Mobile. He was nervous about their reaction since it was rare some one left town...Then he thought about Ashley...How would she react to his return?

After a long day settling things with the administration and the lawyer, Brian drove to the address of the barbecue, hoping for a relax evening with friends and a few beers. He hoped he would see Ashley there but was also afraid of meeting her. Parking his car, he slowly walked towards the gathering, nervous as hell. The last time he was nervous like that was when he had announced to his girlfriend that was enlisting...
 
Last edited:
While fishing for those beers, Ashley Sullivan had no idea that her own father had gone behind her back and met up with her ex-boyfriend. Brian was back in town, and she had no idea. How was it, that in a town full of people who loved to gossip and where word got around so fast, that no one ever told her that her high school sweetheart was back in town? Permanently.

Brian's father, whom she had grown up with and loved, had passed away recently. The whole mourned for that old man that had touched so many people. As the sheriff, a lot of the locals looked up to him. It was strange not seeing his cheerful face in the diner, or stopping by the farm to say hello. He had been the Sheriff in Bailey since before she was born, and they'd only been able to find a temporary replacement for him so far.

As Ashley let the ice water drip from the beers in the grass, her curly blonde head turned around when she heard a few squeals of excitement and cheers coming from a few others at someone arriving from the side of the house. Ashley smiled at the cheerful greeting, but her pretty face lost all expression when she recognized who had arrived. Brian.

Without even realizing it, Ashley's heart began to race just like it had four years ago whenever he just simply walked into a room. But this wasn't just a young boy she was looking back at now, this was a man. He was taller, that face was much more handsome and mature, and his shoulders were more broad, and...Ugh, so much for thinking a broken heart would help her get over her first love.

Ashley had never wanted Brian to leave. While joining the military was noble and honorable, it scared the hell out of her that he was going to be far away and she wouldn't get to see him every day. And hell, maybe it was insecurity, but she also worried that he'd leave that small town and find a world of women that he was interested in, leaving her behind in the dust. She'd loved him more than anything, and it would have killed her if something happened to him, too. She worried that he was only joining to please his father, and they eventually broke up the day that he left. It hurt like hell, but she thought that four years was plenty of time to heal and move on. Apparently not.

Suddenly feeling sick and nauseous, she realized that she was just nervous. And a little panicked. Quickly, she walked over to her dad sitting in one of the lawn chairs and set the beers down on the ground next to him.

"Dad," She breathed, exhaling heavily when she realized that she'd been holding her breath. "Brian's here."

Ashley's father looked back up her with a little nod, seemingly not surprised.

"You knew?" She exclaimed, her bright eyes wide with surprise of her own. "Why didn't you tell me? Dad I can't--" Ashley's words were cut off where she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She didn't have to look to know it was Brian, and she swallowed nervously and slowly turned around to look at him face to face.

"Hey, Brian." She greeted with a bright smile, sincerely happy to see him, and see him looking as wonderful as ever. He looked good, and everyone was happy that he was back. Leaning in, Ashley gave Brian a hug to make up for the lost time. Even if it was a little awkward, she couldn't deny that it was nice to feel his arms around her again, even if it was just for a second.

"Welcome back." Pulling away, Ashley cleared her throat as her father stood up now to shake his hand. She still was a little upset that he knew all this time that Brian was back, and no one thought to tell her, especially in knowing the relationship that she used to have with him.
 
Brian remembered the day where he had left for Colorado, the day where his relationship with his sweetheart ended abruptly. They had a very strong argument, her being afraid of him leaving and not returning, of him flirting with city girls, of him dying on the field of battle. The poor girl had been afraid and he, the one who was supposed to take care of her, was moving out of her life, without consulting her...He had been a jerk that day, accusing her of being possessive and jealous, of being afraid of evolving, of growing up...

He had regretted these words for a long while but never had the courage to return and to apologize. He wanted to but he could not leave the base without receiving harsh disciplinary measures. Now could be his chance but he doubted Ashley would even want to talk about four years ago. She probably had a new boyfriend now. Such a gorgeous woman, it was impossible she was still single after four years!

Brian did some small talk with the locals, all happy to see him back and all giving him their condolences for the death of his father. Sheriff Donovan was a well respected member of the community and knew everyone. For most residents of the city, it was like they had lost a brother, a father or an uncle. Brian, however, wanted this to end. Of course he was sad, but every comparison to him or any questions about the possibility of succeeding him, were like knives in an open wound. Brian was there to calm down and pass to something else.

Suddenly, he noticed Mr. Sullivan and his daughter on the edge of the field and, being a well educated young man, decided to go towards them to say hello. Brian's eyes opened wide when he discover how gorgeous Ashley was. She was already a beauty four years ago but now, she was a goddess! Her long luscious blonde hair, her curves and the way she wore this little sundress made Brian heart beat real fast.

Approaching, he waited for the conversation between father and daughter to end before moving closer to shake Mr. Sullivan's hand. As she turned to face, Brian smiled. "Hello Ashley, how are you? Thanks for the warm welcome....I appreciate it."

He took her in his arms like in the old days but he was even stronger and made sure not to squeeze her too much. Her perfume was the same, the way her curves felt in his arms was the same. Too many memories....It hurted like hell to be confronted to all this, especially since his father's departure.
 
Last edited:
It was weird to Ashley how just the simplest of touches could bring back so many memories, as if it were just yesterday. Four years ago, those arms of Brian's were always where she wanted to be. They were her home. And she was just in them again, feeling the same comfort that it once brought her. Though she was sure he was nothing but a stranger to her now. She knew nothing about him anymore.

Even after Brian had left for the Army, Ashley didn't ask questions about him, and she left the room whenever someone spoke of him. The sooner she could move on and not have to talk or think about him...the easier it would be to get over him, she thought at the time. Easier said than done.

His dad had even tried to talk to Ashley about his son, wanting the two of them to work things out. But it was too late. She'd been selfish in her worry of his safety, and her need for him to stay in Mobile and grow old her. And he had been harsh with his words, cutting her deeper than any knife. To them, it was over.

But to anyone who saw the two of them now, and the way they still looked at each other...things were definitely not over.

"We're real glad you're back, son." Her dad said as he shook Brian's hand firmly. She resented how much her dad still respected Brian, since both of their parents were pretty close and grew up together..and Mr. Sullivan had always liked him, even accepted and appreciated his relationship with his daughter.

But damn it, there was was no relationship anymore! He'd made damn sure of that the moment he left Mobile.

"I'd hate to talk work right now, but do you think you can start tomorrow mornin'? There's lots to be done. Ashley can help you." Her dad offered Brian, while Ashley stood there, confused.

"Wait, what?"

"Ash, I offered Brian here to work on the farm until he gets settled back in here. I'm sure you'll help him and show him what needs to be done, right? Her dad gave her a firm look, and Ashley just glared back at him.

"I'm sure someone else can use his help, dad. He didn't need us then, he doesn't need us now." She said through gritted teeth. She didn't mean it coldly, or to be mean. She just didn't think she could handle seeing him all day, every day, right now.

When her dad just gave her a look, Ashley rolled her eyes emotionally and turned to walk away before she started to break down. She knew her dad was just trying to help, but she also got the feeling from her dad that he was secretly trying to push them closer together again.
 
Brian was glad Mr. Sullivan had offered him this job. He knew most people in town but he would never had accepted to work for someone else. Most of them were kind and polite but in reality, they were harpies, always talking behind each others' back. That was one of the reasons he had to leave four years ago.

However, he had accepted to work for the Sullivans but not under Ashley's supervision. Knowing he would have to spend the day with her was bringing back memories, good ones and bad ones....He was not sure if he wanted to work on the Sullivan farm anymore.

He saw that Ashley also had objections, obviously not even aware of his decision. Was this proposition a mean for the father to bring the couple back together? He always had considered Richard Sullivan like a second father, a man he could confide into and he knew that the farmer had been affected by his departure and by the end of the relationship with his daughter.

When Ashley moved away from the two men, Brian had the reflex of trying to go after her. Rapidly, he remembered that he wasn't her boyfriend anymore and that she needed some time for herself. He took the opportunity to talk with his new boss, talking about the job he had to do and about the city and what had changed in it.

When the conversation ended, the prodigal son chatted with some of the locals but spent most of his time alone, thinking about his return. He was not sure if it was a good idea to return finally....Too many souvenirs....Lost in his thoughts, he somewhat managed to return close to Ashley without realizing it. Suddenly, he noticed her.

"Hey, sorry about the surprise. I was sure your father had told you. If you are against it, tell me and I will inform your father. I don't want to impose myself on you. I hurted you once, I don't want this to happen again..."
 
Whenever things got to be too much for Ashley Sullivan, she walked away. Sometimes that was a good thing, and other times, it didn't work to her benefit. But damn it, Brian's arrival was just thrown at her, and she knew that if someone had warned her, she would have had time to mentally prepare herself. But then again, who really could prepare themselves for the reunion with an old love? One that perhaps wasn't still old; her years of getting over him seemed unsuccessful now that he was standing in front of her. She hated that her heart still raced, and his smile still warmed her. And why did he have to look so damn good?

Ashley needed a few minutes of space to be away from him and her dad right now, so she took use of that time by talking to her friends and other people in that large backyard. That's when she had found out the reason for Brian needing to work on the farm. Money. Immediately, Ashley felt lime the biggest bitch in the world. Of course he'd need it. He was taking over the payments of his family's house now that his dad had passed away, and the Sullivan's farm was probably the best pay in town.

When Brian returned next to Ashley, the two made eye contact before he started apologizing. For something he had no control over.

"Don't be ridiculous." She shook her head, giving in with a little sigh. "I'm not going to lie, it still hurts a little having you around again." She admitted, looking down at her beer in her hands. "But we'll just...try to stay out of each other's way, unless it's work related. How's that?" She offered, shrugging her shoulders. Ashley was just trying to lay out the lines between them, scared as he'll to get too close to him again. She'd soon find out how easy it really was to cross those lines.
 
Brian looked into Ashley's eyes for a few seconds before he started talking. God her eyes were exactly like he remembered! He could be lost in them and he actually did more than a few times before his enlistment. Her blue eyes were one the things that had made him fall in love with her in the first place....The eyes, the body to die for and of course, the attitude....Gentle, calm but also very passionate.

To him Ashley was like a force of nature. So calm, she was the only person able to calm him when he was enraged about his dad, yet so intense, so ardent....He remembered the hot nights they had spent together....It took a few seconds to Brian to return to reality. He was thinking about the past, now the only thing he could hope with her was friendship and even then...he doubted she would be willing to go that way.

It was confirmed when she proposed him to work with him like her father wanted but to remain out of each others way. It was clear, she was still resentful about his decision and wanted to have minimum contact with him. Brian nodded.

"I understand. Thanks for accepting, I have to be honest, your father is one of the best employer in town and I have to pay the bills...I will do everything to make your life as easy as possible and as soon as I can, I will find another job. I will leave you alone Ash...I don't want to hurt you again."

Deep inside, Brian wanted to make things right with her. Maybe it was because it was still sad because of his father's death but he felt that she was the only person in the world in could really confide in...Again dismissing this possibility, Brian politely walked away, his face clearly showing the pain.
 
God, Ashley almost hated herself! She was absolutely torn, and beside herself, and she couldn't fucking stand it.

All at once, she felt pain, confusion, regret, and now guilt as Brian turned away from her with a face that hurt her from the insides. A deep pain inside her that she felt when he first left was now returning. It made her feel like her chest was caving in, like someone was grabbing onto her heart and squeezing it tightly. It was hard to breathe, and it took her a second to realize that she wasn't breathing.

"Brian," She spoke out, exhaling heavily as she reminded herself to breathe in again. Without even thinking, she reached forward and grabbed onto his hand. Once he had stopped and looked back at her, the only thing Ashley could do was let her smaller hand hold on to his while she tried to think of why she had grabbed it in the first place. There was nothing she had planned on saying, though she knew he was probably expecting her to.

She wanted to tell him that she was there for him. That she missed him. That even after everything, she still cared about him.

"I'll see you in the morning." She said, instead. Slowly, she let go of his hand and let him walk away like she had watched him do four years ago.


In the morning, Ashley woke up around the same time the sun was rising. She knew that if she slept in any longer than that, the Alabama sun would be so hot, and she would have regretted not doing some of her chores when the air was still cool.

After a shower, Ashley slipped on a pair of jean shorts and a tight white t-shirt that clung to her form. Her long blonde hair was pulled up into a ponytail, and it bounced behind her pretty head as she stepped down the stairs to that old farm house and walked outside the back porch. Almost immediately, she spotted Brian, leaned up against the back fence, looking as good as ever as he was talking to her dad.

Ashley approached with a smile, her small hands in her back pockets as she stepped beside her dad. The two stopped talking, and both looked down at her.

"So, you ready to do some work?" She asked Brian with a smile, hoping things wouldn't be awkward.
 
Brian remained at the barbecue to be polite but remained mostly away from the crowd, drinking a beer or two and answering questions when someone was dumb enough to go to him and did not understand that he wanted to be left alone.

After an hour or so, Brian took his car and left after having politely thanked the host and Mr. Sullivan. The others he did not care....except Ashley but he had promised to stay away from her. After a long shower, Brian went to sleep, nervous about his first day at the Sullivan farm.

That fateful morning came awefully fast and Brian had to rush to the farm to be in time. He didn't took the time to eat and didn't even drank his coffee. He had slept badly, assaulted by nightmares about his father and about Ashley.

He was receiving his first briefing from his boss when his former girlfriend came into view. Brian stopped listening to Sullivan has his eyes stared at the girl. In her tight little outfit, Brian understood why he had fallen in love with her years ago. Her body was perfect, her hair radiant like the sun and her eyes peaceful as the sea. He then realized he was staring at her and returned his attention to his employer, fortunately without him noticing anything.

When Ashley asked him if he was ready to start, Brian smiled and nodded, adding: "Sure but if you dont mind, I would take a cup of coffee...I forgot to bring it with me this morning....If you want one, I can go pick one up for you too..."

Today was going to be a rough day.....He would certainly need more than one cup of coffee....
 
Ashley could feel Brian's eyes on her as stood there next to him and her dad. It made her feel warm, a little excited, and her cheeks blushed a little. She wished that being around him wouldn't feel so odd to her. She'd been with him for so long when they were younger, so with him next to her, he still felt so familiar. Sometimes her instincts wanted her to reach forward and touch him, hug him, and kiss those perfect lips that she remembered so well. But then reality was slapped in her face when she remembered their break up and how much pain and heartbreak she went through when he left four years ago.

When he mentioned needing coffee, Ashley smiled and nodded. It did sound pretty damn good.

"Yeah, c'mon babe. We'll get you some breakfast too." Fighting the urge to take his hand, Ashley said goodbye to her pops and led Brian back up to the house, her hips swaying all the way. Once they were inside the kitchen, Ashley went right over to the coffee pot and let it start to brew before she headed over to the stove.

"When's the last time you had some blueberry pancakes?" She grinned over at him, then laughed. She knew she wasn't exactly getting them in the Army, at least not like anything she made.

Leaning against the counter, Ashley's arm reached up toward the cupboard to grab the coffee mugs, and she laughed when she was too short, as usual, to grab them.

"A little help?"
 
Brian smiled when she offered coffee and even breakfast, surprised by her proposition. He had in mind to take his truck and drive to the closest restaurant to grab himself something to eat and a large cup of coffee. He had broken her heart four years ago and she was offering him breakfast? Maybe she was over him now. He doubted that, especially with her attitude at the barbecue and by the way she looked at him right now.

He followed her inside, his eyes staring at her butt encased in her incredibly tight pairs of shorts. God what a body she had! He wanted to take her in his arms and hug her and kiss her passionately. Then he returned to reality, realizing he was walking strangely thanks to a building hardon.

When Ashley proposed pancakes, Brian grinned. How could he refuse her awesome blueberry pancakes! He had missed it so much these four years! Back in the day, he could eat ten of them on the same meal with just a drop of brown sugar. Ashley was such a good cook....

"A little help?" When she asked, Brian quickly moved behind her and grabbed her waist, lifting her off the floor to help her reach the mugs. He could have easily grabbed them for her but he had chosen to lift her, taking her into his arms and feeling her body close to his.
 
Last edited:
If Ashley really wanted, perhaps she could have found a way to get those mugs on the top shelf in their cupboard. But now that Brian was around again, why not make good use of him? He was a couple inches taller than her, and those long, strong arms of his could reach much higher. So, after asking for his help, she expected him to step up beside her and bring those mugs down himself. But inside, he surprised her by stepping up behind her and lifting her off the ground. Ashley gasped with surprise, then laughed as she grabbed two mugs and Brian gently set her back down.

Ashley carefully placed the mugs on the countertop as she slowly turned around to face him, finding herself pinned between that tall, strong hard body, and the kitchen counter behind her. She tilted her head back to look up at him, finding that her heart was racing so fast, she swore he could hear it pounding in her chest.

"You, uh--Yeah, thanks." Her cheeks blushed deeply, turning a shade of pink as she cleared her throat nervously. She remembered like it was yesterday just how good those strong hands of his felt on her soft body, and it was hard to ignore that they both still had the same connection they did four years ago. As well as physical attraction.

But before she did anything stupid, Ashley slipped away and moved to the fridge to grab the fresh blueberries she had put in there only yesterday.

"So, uh, my pops tells me that you're back at your dad's place. Is that a permanent thing, or just temporary?" She asked curiously as she got started on the pancakes, letting him look after the coffee. She was only suspicious as to how long he was staying, or if he'd be taking off again. Ashley had always guessed that after his time was up in the Army, he'd stay away from that small town in Alabama and live somewhere else.
 
As soon as he had her back down, Brian noticed the weird position they were in. By moving that close to her, he had pinned Ashley against the counter, their bodies almost touching each other. She was clearly nervous, maybe imagining he was making a move on her. He was not, even though his body was reacting to her awesome shaped and her smell. Fortunately, they were not close enough for her to feel the hardon in his jeans but she could have...

As she thanked him nervously and moved to the stove to start the pancakes, Brian poured the two cups of coffee and added: "Still taking your coffee as before? Two drops of milk only?" He still remembered, even after four years and lots of unit partners who had different preferences for coffee.

"So, uh, my pops tells me that you're back at your dad's place. Is that a permanent thing, or just temporary?"

Her question took him by surprise. Actually, everything that was happening now was freaking him out a bit. He had assumed that she wanted to stay away from him, still angry at him for his decision four years ago and there she was, asking if what were his plans!

"Honestly I don't know. Coming back here was rough....Too many memories...Good and bad. I might stay....but I would need a good reason..."

With that last sentence, Brian looked directly into Ashley's eyes, almost hoping she would understand his feelings for her....
 
"Honestly I don't know. Coming back here was rough....Too many memories...Good and bad. I might stay....but I would need a good reason..."

Some fucking nerve!

Ashley could feel her cheeks growing hot, turning a pink shade that she didn't care for. She wasn't sure if she was blushing, or if she was just pissed off. This whole time she had tried to be polite, even calm about their situation as she just accepted that he was back and thought he could walk right back into her life again. Maybe it wasn't all about her, but it was hard not to take it personal. She'd been kind, especially after knowing he was already going through a hard time as it was since his father's passing. But this was just too much, and Kate said what was on her mind, for once.

"A good reason, Brian?" She stared back at him, her hands pausing their task on breakfast. "So now you need a good reason, huh? Was I not good enough reason for you four years ago? I begged for you to stay back then, and don't you look at me like that. Because I'm not going to beg again. If you're thinking about leaving, I'd do it soon, before people get attached again and you hurt someone else." She said harshly, placing a hand on her hip. It was a defense mechanism.

Ashley's chest tightened, feeling just as much pain there in her heart as she did when he first left that small town in Alabama. God, it hurt to even look at him, remembering what this strong arms felt like wrapped around her. She'd always felt so safe and protected when he held her, but now...she didn't have a right to be in those arms again.

She knew she was being emotional, and perhaps it was a long time coming.

"I'm sorry, Brian." She apologize finally, but the tension was still there between them in that kitchen. "I know you've been through a lot, but so have I. You, my best friend, left four years ago, and your dad's passing hurt all of us. He was like a dad to me too, you know. But...I'm sorry, I just can't stand here anymore and pretend to fall right back in to the way things were. It hurts too much." Losing her appetite, Kate couldn't even thinking about cooking right now. She just left the food mess there on the counter as she turned away and stormed off back toward the back door of her house. She needed to breathe.
 
Brian knew he had made a mistake as soon as the sentence had left his mouth. What a moron! He knew that Ashley would take it personal...that she would not understand that he needed her.....needed to feel her in his arms again....

Actually, she probably understood. And he remembered that HE wasnt there for her four years ago when he had enlisted....A bad move....leaving the girl of his life....Brian had been tired of his dad, tired of his bossy attitude but she would have been able to help him survive him.....Now he understood everything....He felt horrible.

When she left, almost running out of the kitchen, Brian ran after her....his heart beating like a drum in his large muscled chest.

"Babe, wait! I am sorry about all this. I am sorry about what happened four years ago, about what I am doing right now....Its feel like I am an horrible heartless monster, imposing this to you....I should have never hurted you....because it hurts me too...."

He took her in his arms and turned her so she would face him. He looked at her with tender eyes and whispered: "I am sorry sweetie.....will you ever forgive me for this?"

Brian wanted to kiss her, wanted to show her how much he loved her....How his flame for her had restarted as soon as he had seen her in her little dress back at the barbecue.....
 
"Babe, wait! I am sorry about all this. I am sorry about what happened four years ago, about what I am doing right now..."

Ashley could hear him calling out to her, but it all sounded like a blur to her. She barely made it to the back door of her house before she felt his arms wrapping around her and forcing her to turn around.

Her pretty blue eyes glared up at him, showing him now that she was crying. The warm tears streamed down her soft cheeks as her big eyes looked back at him, trying to comprehend what he was saying. He was apologizing to her, clearly having regret in his eyes as he spoke softly to her. Four years ago, they had both did and said things that they regretted to this day. She knew she'd been selfish to not want him to leave, and he'd been selfish to think that she would wait around for him. While he went off to start a new life without her.

He asked for her forgiveness, even though she wished he'd forgive her for some things too. But all she could do was stand there and stare up at him while his hands gripped on to her shoulders, holding her into place in front of him.

"Brian," She said finally, exhaling slowly. It felt a little odd just speaking his name again, his handsome face right in front of her. "I don't know. I'm just really confused, and a little overwhelmed. I really didn't expect you to come back, and this is a little hard for me. I'm sure it's hard for you too." She acknowledged, nodding her head slowly as she tried to keep her voice low. Before she got out of hand again.

"But...you have to tell me if you plan on leaving. Brian, I can't get close to you, only to have you leave again. It will kill me." She admitted, looking away shamefully to hide her face. She could barely even look at him without wanting to break down.
 
When Brian saw his lost love crying, his heart stopped beating for a few seconds as he realized how he had hurt her and how it was hurtful for her to see him back in town.

"I should have returned to close the house and organize dad's funerals and that's it. I should'nt have returned..." Brian stopped listening to her while she expressed her feelings about his return, lost in some halfhearted self-pity. He wanted to leave to stop hurting her but wanted selfishly to stay to keep her for himself. He was returned to reality when he heard her soft voice, broken by sobs saying:

"But...you have to tell me if you plan on leaving. Brian, I can't get close to you, only to have you leave again. It will kill me."

Brian shushed her, bringing his fingers to her cheeks delicately, swiping the tears from them. "The only reason I would ever leave town again would be if you ordered me so baby....I feel bad for what happened in the past and honestly if you let me, I want to rebuild something with you...something strong and intense....maybe even more intense than before...."

Brian leaned against her and brought his lips to her, kissing her softly while caressing her back....He already felt the excitation of having her in his arms, kissing....just that was intensely arousing for him....
 
Ashley was hurting, she was confused, and she was frustrated. And perhaps there were other feelings that were rushing over her as well, but all of the emotions overwhelmed her, and she couldn't focus on just one. Which was probably why, in typical girl fashion, her mood and reactions to Brian were different with each passing second.

"I want to rebuild something with you...something strong and intense....maybe even more intense than before...."

Ashley tried to focus on her breathing, and what Brian was saying. She exhaled heavily as she looked up at him with confused eyes. Why would they try to rebuild something, when they had both tried so hard over the past four years to get over each other? It just didn't make any sense, and while there was nothing more that she wanted to do than get back together with Brian and find their passion again, Ashley knew better than to let that happen. One of them, or both, would just end up hurt again. Especially if he was already skeptical in how long he planned on staying there in Mobile, Alabama.

But then Ashley felt Brian's arms close in around her, holding her tighter to him as his warm mouth kissed her softly, but made it's own argument that she found it hard to say no to. Within seconds, her own soft lips were kissing him back, pressing more firmly against his mouth as she drove that kiss deeper, but still so slow. She didn't know what had gotten in to her, but the familiarity of his mouth on hers and his hands on her body...it was all like a dream.

But just like any other dream, Ashley woke up.

"No, Brian!" She said against his mouth, and her hands came up to his chest to push herself away from him.

"W--we can't do this. I can't do this again." Ashley shook her head, licking her lips as she could still feel his wonderful mouth on her. God, she wanted to kiss him again. But she didn't think her heart could take it.

"Just, drink your coffee and meet me outside when you're ready to work. I can't do this right now." Ashley quickly turned and hurried out the door before he could protest, tears falling on her cheeks again as she rushed outside and headed toward the horse's stables. She was surprised to find Brian's old high school friend, Jake, already working and cleaning the horse stalls. He had been a good friend to Ashley when Brian had left, even tried to get her to go out with him, but now that Brian was back in town, it seemed no one wanted to make advances to her anymore. They knew Brian would likely win his way back in her heart again, and her in his.
 
Brian had some hopes when Ashley started to kiss him back, feeling the softness of her lips and his, the scent of her perfume bringing back memories of the time they had spent together, of the passion that had united them before....He wanted to relive all of this with her because in the four years he had spent apart from her, never he had found a girl with whom he had such an infatuation.

Suddenly, all his dream of living in peace with her again broke as she pushed him away, saying that this was wrong and that she couldn't do this again. This little phrase hurt more than any other his father could have said...more than any hits he took while in the army. She had litterally broken his heart...just like he had done four years ago. It was just a normal reaction after all the suffering she had endured when he had enlisted.

Lowering his head, Brian left her and walked back into the kitchen, sipping at his coffee, a surge of anger assailing him. He wanted to run, wanted to leave this town behind forever but this would only show her that she had been right! No, he would stay and try to start a new life in Mobile...a life without her....

When he finished his coffee, Brian returned to the barn, noticing the presence of another guy...his former friend Jake. Jake had been one of his bestfriends at school and now he was working with the Sullivans, probably also trying to get into Ashley's pants. Jake was a cool guy but he was also the kind of guy who enjoyed girls... Gritting his teeth, Brian walked towards them.

"So boss, what is my job today? I came for work, give me work!" He said coldly, nodding to Jake as a greeting. The sound of his voice showed that he was wounded, his face also showed it but nevertheless, Brian was trying to focus on work to remove the thoughts about his mistake four years ago.
 
Even after seeing Jake, Ashley's head spun around, looking for something to do. There was a million things that needed tending to out there on the farm, and yet, she couldn't seem to settle on one thing. Her head was still spinning, her heart throbbing in her chest about what happened back there in her house.

Brian had kissed her! God, just the familiarity of his large hands and strong body pressed against her made her cheeks flush hot. So easily, she could have tried to go along with it and go back to the way things were between them. As if nothing had ever happened. As if he hadn't left there there in that small town, and taken her heart with him. A part of Ashley was proud of herself for protecting both of them by saying no. And another part...well, the other parted hated her for pushing him away further than he already was from her.

"Hey, are you okay?" She heard Jake ask with concern in his face, raising an eyebrow as his words interrupted her thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, yeah I'm fine." She nodded after clearing her throat, and that's when Brian soon stepped in after her, going off about getting to work. She turned her head and stared back at him, not liking the tone of his voice.

"Hey, Brian...you gonna be workin' out here too?" Jake asked with a bit of his southern drawl, greeting Brian as if they were still the same close high school friends that they used to be.

"You can help Jake with cleaning the stalls, I'll get them groomed up. They're goin' riding tomorrow. Pops might have a seller for a few of them." With that, Ashley turned away and headed to the closet where she could pick out a few brushes for the horses. Her cute, round little rear swayed in those tight, short jeans shorts as she walked, practically calling out for the boys to get their hands on her before the gorgeous view disappeared into one of the horse's stalls.

"Hey, Sal. Let's get you all pretty, hm?" She smiled at the old horse that her family had owned since she was in high school. Her soft fingers stroked and petted the long neck of the tan horse, while her other hand brushed and ran smoothly over his back. She was at peace there, and it was even a little calming for her...

Until Brian had slipped into that stall with her to start cleaning up some of the hay. There wasn't much room in there already with the large horse, and she just silently brushed that horse gently while she felt and heard him moving around her. Sometimes bumping against her.

But eventually, that stubborn blonde couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Brian, I'm sorry about earlier." She spat out, finally. Speaking softly, wanting that conversation to stay between them, not for Jake's ears. "I just think we need a little more time." When she turned to look up at him, that look in her eyes probably gave her away. Maybe her heart needed a little more time to heal, and her head needed time to rid of her confusion...but when his mouth had reunited with hers again earlier, all of that seemed to disappear. Like being there with him, like that, was exactly what she needed. And it was exactly where she needed to be.

Like magnets, the two were moving closer to each other, their intense eyes gazing back at each other until their bodies were just inches apart. Tilting her head back, Ashley opened her mouth to confess something, but then an unwanted visitor stepped inside that already-crowded stall with them.

"Hey! Need uh...need any help?" Jake asked with enthusiasm, either too dumb to see the sparks and heat between the couple in there, or too smart if he was purposely trying to put an end to it.

"N--no, I was just getting finished." Ashley replied with a heavy sigh, then brushed passed Brian to move to the next stall. Perhaps she'd have to try talking to him again later.
 
Brian nodded when Ashley told him to clean the stalls. After all, he was the employee here and would have to follow her instructions. Mr. Sullivan had been clear, his daughter would be his boss on the farm and this was hurting Brian even more than anything. Being forced to see his lost love everyday.

Seeing Jake had made Brian jealous. He knew Jake too well not to understand that he had applied for a job at the Sullivans because he wanted to get in Ashley's pants. With his luck, Brian would see the two of them form a couple soon enough and he would be forced to look at the new couple as a reminder of the stupid move he had done four years ago.

Lost in his thoughts, Brian ignored Jake, who took this unpleasantness as a display of grief from his former friend. Brian was doing his job, cleaning the stalls, changing the hay, feeding the horses and removing their dropouts when he suddenly realized he was in the same booth as Ashley. At first, he moved out of the way but realized that he wanted to be there.

When she decided to speak to him, Brian stopped working, listening to her soft voice carefully. Ashley was clearly ashamed of herself and probably wanted to apologize again but she quickly moved closer to him as if she wanted to kiss him back.

Brian was about to take her back into his arms to kiss her passionately when Jake came in, interrupting Ashley's confession. The former solder glared at Jake and cursed, letting her leave.

Brian resumed his work in the stall, furious about his former friend. For him, it was clear that this was a move to make sure that the former couple wouldn't return together. If he had to, Brian would kick Jake's ass to the moon if he stood in his way to reconquer Ashley.
 
Ashley took that interruption as a sign, that maybe she shouldn't get so carried away. She remembered four years ago how easy it was to get wrapped up in Brian. Without even trying, he always seemed to know how to break down her walls. And all it took, really, was a simple smile painted on his lips. Or a gentle touch to her face, or hair. God, just being next to him made her want to constantly wrap her arms around his strong frame and hold her body tightly against his. There was no one else she had such a physical and emotional chemistry with, than him. She'd only seen him back in town for a day, and already she could feel herself giving in to him. All of the pushing she was trying to do would soon backfire, and she'd only end up pulling at him harder.

After she finished grooming the horses in their stalls, Ashley snuck out of stables without another words. She had a feeling if she said that she was moving on to her next task, one of the boys would follow. She needed fresh air that was only hers to breathe in, without the pressure of one of the guys around her.

So, Ashley made her way out to the garden. She kneeled down with her knees in the dirt beneath her, and distracted her eyes, mind, and hands on the produce beneath her hovering body. Soon enough, Brian had stepped outside to join her. Her dad had said that she was his boss while he learned the farm over again, but she didn't know if either of them were comfortable with her telling him what to do right now.

"You can help me pull out these weeds, if you like." She offered, her squinted blue eyes looking up at him as she raised a hand to shield the sun from her pretty face. It seemed she was back to business, and wasn't ready to go back to words that she'd almost confessed earlier. The confession of just exactly how much she had missed him. And that even the thought of him having to leave her again, would tear her to pieces.
 
Brian stopped working for a few minutes, angered by what seemed an deliberate act by Jake. He had to concentrate and breathe slowly to stop himself from doing something irrational, Ashley would certainly not like that. Brian punched one of the walls with some force, making his knuckle bleed in the process, before leaving the stall to take some fresh air. Jake stared at him with curious eyes, not clearly understanding what had happened.

When he was outside, Brian rapidly calmed down, maybe because he was not exposed to Jake, and he slowly begun to think that his friend had no bad intentions and that he had overreacted a bit....Jake was clearly a ladies' man but he also understood what Ashley meant for him.

Now that he had returned to his senses, Brian started to search for the blonde beauty, hoping she would not find him tiresome. He finally found her in the garden, removing some weed. When she asked him to join her, he knelt and started to do as she asked, not speaking a word.

However, after minutes of silence, Brian could take it anymore. He stopped pulling at the weeds and took one of her hands. "Please Ashley, you were about to say something in the stall....Please tell me....I cant stand being like this...a simple employee. If you want to know, no I wont leave town again, ever. I realize the huge mistake I did fours years ago and I regret it...I will stay here for you, even if you don't want me back in your life again..."

He stared at her, waiting for an answer....hopefully an positive one or else it would shatter what remained of his world.
 
Ashley busied herself with weeding that garden. Her hands were covered by pink garden gloves, and she pulled out each weed with determination. The more she focused on work, the more she could get Brian out of her mind. Or at least, get the memory of him kissing her out of his mind. She'd just try to forget the fact that she had kissed him back. And felt his hard, strong chest pressed against her, his large hands on her...god, forget the Alabama humidity, the memory alone was making her hot, and her cheeks turned red.

But then he was taking her hand, and begging her to tell him what she wanted to say earlier. The moment that they shared the close quarters of that horse stall was gone, but the words were not. Neither was the feeling behind them. But it hurt Ashley to look back at Brian and see that it was killing him what he did to her, so he tried to make promises that he hoped would make up for it.

"Brian, please." She shook her head, her voice soft. "Don't make promises you can't keep right now. But...I really hope that's true. Because you belong in this town. Everyone loves you, and they're all really glad you're back. I'm glad you're back." She corrected, her blue eyes lifting so she could look back at him and prove that she meant it.

Ashley looked over, and she could feel Jake watching them as he watered the garden, and this was not exactly how Ashley wanted to talk to Brian and fix things with him. This was between him and her, no one else.

"C'mon, let's go inside and get washed up." She nodded, and still holding his hand, he pull her up with him as they made their way back through the back porch, and inside the old farm house. She made sure that he took of his dirty shoes before she led him into the bathroom downstairs. Turning on the warm water in the sink, she held both of his hands in hers and pushed them under the water so she could wash them for him. He hadn't been using gloves, and she just smiled as she looked down, soaping his hands and strong arms up real good as she washed the dirt off of him. "We need to get you gloves next time." She laughed, standing close beside him.

Next, she handed him a towel before it was her turn to wash up. Her hands and arms were also washed, and her knees were dirty from kneeling in the garden in her shorts...so she sat up on the counter with a wash cloth, and ran that warm, wet rag over her thighs as the rest of her long legs dangled over the counter.

"I wanted to tell you earlier that I've missed you." She said finally, her eyes nervously looking down at her moist legs as she ran the soapy cloth between her creamy thighs and down to her knees. "So much that it hurt sometimes. I know I was really mean to you when you left, and I definitely regret the way I acted. But I missed you every single day since you've been gone."
 
Back
Top