Just want to say...

For someone who has got a hundred fifty stories or so published here, and a huge following, for which you don't pay a cent, you sure crap on the site one hell of a lot. Isn't Literotica where your following started? You should be more gracious.

My perspective is different from that. The Web site's unique product is the stories, and the Web site is getting this product for free and making profit off of it--which the authors can only share in by winning contests (and from the perspective of some of us authors the prize money isn't shared equitably over the categories). I wouldn't expect to pay a cent to contribute my stories for free for the Web site to make all of the profit off of. And, as TxRad has posted, authors who also post to the forum have been left for nearly two decades to provide a preponderance of help to others coming here with questions on why the Web site doesn't work in so many ways. The price of pointing out what isn't functioning well and that the forum users are having to ride herd on in the absence of Web site interest/site cleanup is to be called a troll by the Web site editor.

And yet there are authors here--and LC is one, with a significant story contribution--who want to connect with readers enough to provide their stories for free--and for the sole profit of the Web site--even when they are able to sell their stories in marketplace. Thus my perspective is different from yours. I see it as at least a partnership that I, and other authors with long story lists, am providing product for and for which I think I have the right to weigh in on and not just to be ignored and to be given new changes that have little to do with the broken parts of the Web site that continually get queried on this forum.
 
---^^^^^^^---

I see that, but the point remains it's a free publishing platform. To that extent, we are getting what we pay for. Major content providers like yourself and LC are getting significant reader traffic you wouldn't otherwise get, small volume content providers get reader traffic they would otherwise never get.

If writers are putting money where their mouths are, sure, they can be as vituperative as they like if the owners are riding pretty. But sniping constantly seems to me to biting the hand that feeds you. Shouldn't we be grateful the site exists at all? That's the way I see it, anyway.
 
I don't snipe constantly--and I didn't post here until you posted what you did to LC (who you can hardly say is a buddy of mine--so you can be assured that I strongly hold my position on this). I put in a lot of energy to help users maneuver the site and get their stories published here. I stand by my perspective. I and the other authors are providing the product that provides the profit here without charge. We are functional partners in Literotica, and if you don't like us weighing in on what's here and the condition it's in, that will just have to be your problem--unless you'd like to send us checks to have a say in what we post. If we got treated like we were the suppliers of the product rather than, as you say, lucky we don't have to pay to have our stories posted here, I doubt there would be many complaints.

I post to a lot of sites and there are a lot of sites to post to. I wouldn't slit my wrists if this one went away, no. That doesn't mean that it isn't good enough to be among the sites I post at.
 
Last edited:
I wasn't referring to you re snipes about the site. You have your moments doing that but on the whole I understand your feelings towards the site and I do respect the support you provide to newbies. In this instance, it was LC who gave me the shits one too many times: "yes mate, we know your attitude towards Lit not giving a rat's arse, enough already!"

But I guess I don't have the privilege of a decade's history on this stuff. I also recognise when, no matter how much noise you make, things ain't gonna change. I learned long ago, sometimes there's no point fighting City Hall.

I usually draft a response to posts like his and then think, "best not" and don't press the submit button. In this instance, call it a moment of weakness.
 
LC has been active in helping with questions on the forum over the years--certainly more active and helpful than the site admin has been. And I don't believe that "they won't do anything" is a reason not to point out when they aren't wearing any clothes on an issue. If the forum users didn't constantly point out that admin doesn't open e-mails, authors would be eternally spinning wheels trying to achieve contact through the means the site gives them but doesn't actually service, and if no one had said anything about the reality of Web site activity in fighting of stories being stolen here and reposted, authors here still would be floating in the false assumption that the Web site was going to fight this battle for them. It isn't. If users didn't continually point out that the Volunteer Editor program is hopelessly broken with close to zero percent return, users would continue just revolving around the world of "no help" rather than using the Editors forum to ask for help in the workaround provided by the users themselves.

And, today, if no one had pointed out that the Author Index hadn't produced reliable results for several years and you have to use the Member Index instead, a user who came to the forum to ask about that would still be in the dark about an area where the Web site is broken and is being ignored by the site admin.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations.

That yesterday my stories passed 1 million views. Just saying.

I may not be the best author, or the most popular, and I am not competing with anyone but I am very happy to have passed this little landmark.

Thank you for reading.

Congratulations scipioparkins, that's a wonderful milestone to have met. :)
 
I wasn't referring to you re snipes about the site. You have your moments doing that but on the whole I understand your feelings towards the site and I do respect the support you provide to newbies. In this instance, it was LC who gave me the shits one too many times: "yes mate, we know your attitude towards Lit not giving a rat's arse, enough already!"

But I guess I don't have the privilege of a decade's history on this stuff. I also recognise when, no matter how much noise you make, things ain't gonna change. I learned long ago, sometimes there's no point fighting City Hall.

I usually draft a response to posts like his and then think, "best not" and don't press the submit button. In this instance, call it a moment of weakness.

The use ignore or deal with the shits. Life is full of options here mate.
 
Back
Top