My Wish For Today

It is September 11, 2013!

I stood outside at break today and looked down the street to an American flag that was flying at half staff. No, not for the remembrance of the horrible day of September 11, twelve years ago, that took place in New York City, but for a fallen soldier in Afganistan. He came home today . . . to his loved ones. Twenty-two years old, and just a child as far as I'm concerned. Poor training? Lack of leadership? It was his time? I dunno, but it brought a tear to my eye on this day that I remember what a horrible day September 11th is. May he rest in peace and may his parents find peace in the days ahead of them without him.

I'm greatful that my future SIL decided to cancel his interview on the 102th floor of the World Trade Center that week. Everything happens for a reason and I wish you all could see my beautiful grandson. Honest to God, this kid is so cute!

As I think about my daughter today, out of the country, on a business trip to Hong Kong, I worry about the crap in Syria, and I do mean CRAP. What kind of a sick fuck allows his own people to be gassed? I feel so much loyalty to my country, and to my countryman, and to my fellow man and human beings in general. What kind of a sick fuck wants to hurt a living being? SOB! Yes, I'm pissed, and I don't get this way very often. SOBing men!

And, so, my wish for today is . . . Let there be peace on earth and goodwill toward men, women, children, and little critters, too!:cattail:

I love you!:heart::heart::heart:

Personally, I cannot get my head round the apparent lack of 'decisions' from other Arab countries.
And NO, I do not want the west 'to go to war' again.
God knows, enough of our people have died for a thankless cause.

:rose::rose:
 
I wish I had remembered my hand wraps when I went to the gym yesterday :( (there was a children's party in the way of punching bag day today when I did remember them).
 
I wish I'd read the Rules before making fools of us in a local event.
I fear we'll be the laughing stock.
 
My wish

I wish i will never die
God has make everyone's life so interesting & entertaining, so i want to live forever to enjoy my life and fulfill my other dreams :)
 
My wish for today is for my brother. He has had one cancer diagnosis after another; TWO stem cell transplants, and one from his twin sister. If anyone is listening to me . . . I wish him well.:heart::heart::heart:
 
My wish for today is for my brother. He has had one cancer diagnosis after another; TWO stem cell transplants, and one from his twin sister. If anyone is listening to me . . . I wish him well.:heart::heart::heart:

:rose:


My wish for today is for no rain tomorrow.
 
My wish for today is for no rain round Chicago tomorrow.
Good Wishes to Babs's brother.

A decent day for all.
 
My youngest sister is hospitalized with pneumonia. :(

(That's why I haven't been around.)


I wish her well! :heart:
 
I wish my knee were better so that I could kick everything, yes, everything around me. I really like kicking things...
 
Thank you, Babs and HP. :rose::kiss:

My sister is better and re-gaining her strength at the hospital.


My wish for today...well...

Have a good one. :)
 
Back
Top