Illumination or Darkness

JackLuis

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Posts
21,855
Over that last chapters of my writing I have done daylight and darkness sex, but never mentioned the illumination levels, though I did emphasize the view of things during daylight.

Many women are shy about spreading their legs in bright sunlight. Soft shadows are more cosmetic, for both partners, which allows the 'warts' to be ignored.

So question: Does the amount of light make a difference in your libido?

Do you like the drapes drawn, before you disrobe, or do you like to see what you're eating? :)
 
I do like to play with light when writing scenes for my stories.

My favourite light is that long blue summer twilight you get in Northern Europe. We don't always have it in Britain, I think they get it more reliably in France. It's almost impossible to capture on film, they got it in one garden scene in Cyrano de Bergerac (the one with Gerard Depardieu).

I did write a scene where the light gradually became dimmer and bluer and that mingled in with white cotton sheets, golden skin tones and gold jewellery, etc. I enjoyed that. Or flickering firelight, that's sexy.

:nana:
(By the light, of the dancing banana!)
 
I love having my characters in the dark. Also, I use darkness to explore sexual awakening. Shy first times are in the dark. They have a dreamy, half-imagined quality. Everything you ever thought about sex, everything you heard, but this time it's the real thing, and it's extraordinary.

Then the characters are in the light, and they see sex in a more cheerful, realistic way. I use the light to show how they are becoming more comfortable with themselves and their partners.

I've used this light/dark dichotomy in both of my contest stories, as well as Tenderness, and Alone at the End of the World.
 
Early on a sunlit Sunday morning is a good time to tell her you love her and make mad -passionate love.
Otherwise it's a half-light thing.
 
I often play with light too. Often beams of morning sunshine filtering through a gauze curtain and leaving uneven light.
 
I think candle light is damn hot. A few candles spread around a large dark room.

Its enough light to pretty much take in the scenery, but the flickering shadows gives everything a different appearance as well as giving a nice glow to the skin.

And if you're into BDSM the candles can always be used as some fun foreplay
 
I used light in my last lesbian story. It was set around a pool with all other lights extinguished. Just the blue underwater light flickering on the walls around the pool and the bright stars above. It was beautiful in my mind and I hope I conveyed it well in the writing.

I used a fiery red sunset as a backdrop for some pictures in my story "Daisy" It was meant to outline but hide. To show what was really there but to conceal flaws.

Moonlight works good also.

Bright sunlight can be harsh but if the subject has few if any flaws, it can be a great way to make them squirm if they are being looked at for the first time. Sometimes it even works if they have flaws.

Light is fun in so many ways.
 
Over that last chapters of my writing I have done daylight and darkness sex, but never mentioned the illumination levels, though I did emphasize the view of things during daylight.

Many women are shy about spreading their legs in bright sunlight. Soft shadows are more cosmetic, for both partners, which allows the 'warts' to be ignored.

So question: Does the amount of light make a difference in your libido?

Do you like the drapes drawn, before you disrobe, or do you like to see what you're eating? :)

I'm not too self-conscious physically, and I'm very near-sighted with my glasses off, so it doesn't usually matter much to me.

But pitch darkness can be exciting, and in a story it offers all sorts of possibilities - "That's not the flashlight!"
 
I'm not too self-conscious physically, and I'm very near-sighted with my glasses off, so it doesn't usually matter much to me.

But pitch darkness can be exciting, and in a story it offers all sorts of possibilities - "That's not the flashlight!"

I have a story in the works right now that has a nearsighted submissive in it. At one point she is on the sundeck atop a boathouse without her glasses. She is naked and on display. She can hear boats on the lake but she can't see how close they are. It has her motor running big time.

The dark and a very confined space has always been sexy and sensuous to me for some reason. Add some heat so everything and everyone gets slippery and it's even better.
 
The dark and a very confined space has always been sexy and sensuous to me for some reason. Add some heat so everything and everyone gets slippery and it's even better.

January in a Finnish sauna?

Slippery Finns.:)
 
At first I thought that I didn't pay much attention to light, but on further reflection I have used it for effect in some stories. In "Fallon's Final Fling, Ch. 2," most of the action takes place at night in an abandoned warehouse. The only source of light is a single light bulb hanging 20 ft in air, creating a circle of light where the protagonist and her partner are bound and secured to the furniture. The antagonist ventures in and out of the lighted area. The sounds she makes while cloaked in darkness are the only indications of what she is doing while out of sight.

In "Modern Science" an exhibitionist couple likes to make love with their curtains open and the lights on. The voyeur who observes them sticks to the shadows as he gets closer and closer to the action. In the final scene he is in a darkened hallway of their home while they are playing in a pool of light created by a small bedside lamp.
 
I never thought about it. I guess I kinda used it in one story as the bedroom was fairly dark and the bed was on tracks and slid itself to the bedroom balcony where there was moonlight just a little brighter. Dammit now Im thinking of rewriting it. Then the scene is nice enough compared to what was goon on down the hall...
 
Back
Top