Does anyone know...

laptopwriter

Really Really Experienced
How long stories are taking to post after submission these days?
The last time I submitted it took about 3 days. I saw where someone said 2 days in a thread somewhere.

I try to correlate the post here with SOL. That's why I'm wondering.

Thanks.

That is answered nearly daily by a sticky thread at the top of this forum.

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=981222

I'm not sure where you're getting the "nearly daily" part. The last three posts are dated 4/28, 5/20, and 5/24.

To the OP: I'd also be interested to know what the average wait time is at the moment and if there are factors that increase it. I've been hearing 48 hours.

I submitted my first piece a few weeks ago, on a Saturday afternoon. I left the submission alone because I'd heard that clicking on the link next to it would send it to the back of the line. It was approved on the following Tuesday afternoon and posted early AM Wednesday. Not sure if the extra approval time there was due to the fact I was a new author.

I'm not sure where you're getting the "nearly daily" part. The last three posts are dated 4/28, 5/20, and 5/24.

There's been a new posting every time I've thought to look. I didn't check further than that. If I'd known it meant so much to you, I certainly would have. :)

The point is that the posting times have been cut dramatically recently, and the editor is keeping us informed on the posting times now rather than letting the forum members be the only ones responding to that frequent question.

There's been a new posting every time I've thought to look. I didn't check further than that. If I'd known it meant so much to you, I certainly would have. :)

Newbies are so impatient and annoying, I know. If only we knew how you old farts had suffered in the past! :p

Newbies are so impatient and annoying, I know. If only we knew how you old farts had suffered in the past! :p

There have been phases of the past. In the far past, everyone asking a question like this (there's a small group of frequently asked questions despite whether they are covered in the FAQs) would be mercilessly hazed. In the nearer past, the old farts mostly just provided a straight answer and moved on.

There have been phases of the past. In the far past, everyone asking a question like this (there's a small group of frequently asked questions despite whether they are covered in the FAQs) would be mercilessly hazed. In the nearer past, the old farts mostly just provided a straight answer and moved on.

Sounds like I picked a fortunate time to be naive and stupid. :D

Sounds like I picked a fortunate time to be naive and stupid. :D

You also picked a good time for submission times. A couple of months ago it was up to 6-8 days.

Whether it was all the griping that has it down to 2/3 days now or the site found a faster way to do things I don't know, but it has never been faster in my time here.

Last edited:
Eh, those young-uns, always trigger-happy and impatient, like they got ants in their pants. Why, when I was new here (about 9 months ago) it took over a week for approval. And we LOVED it!

[geezer wheeze]

No, I hated it. Hated the initial rejections too. But guess what? Rejections meant rewrites, meant much better stories. Waiting meant re-reading and fixing and improving. Patience, kids.

Here's an educational anecdote. A young bull and an old bull are walking along together in the country. They top a rise and look down into a corral filled with cows.

The young bull gets excited. "Hey, let's run down there and jump the fence and fuck us a COW!"

The old, wise bull says, "No, no, calm down. Let's mosey on down there slowly, and mingle nicely, and talk with them a bit. Then we'll fuck them ALL."

Calm and patient can be rewarding.

Last edited:
Man, I'd probably be better off if it HAD gotten rejected.

At least I took the forum's advice and gave it a title starting with a letter near the end of the alphabet so it won't be at the top of my submissions page. Already looking back and realizing what garbage it is.

But hey! That means I can only get better from here, right?

thanks everyone...

I didn't mean to spark a new controversy...
and I didn't realize Laurel was updating lead times...thanks again.

I'm assuming more stories are getting posted daily, which leads to shorter wait times, because the Category Hubrises have expanded. So it's less of a factor if your story is down the list.

I'm a newbie here

My few stories have taken about 2 to 3 days to appear. My problem is submitting modifications. I've submitted 3 revisions per the FAQ, they have been accepted ... but the changes have not been reflected in the posted stories.

My few stories have taken about 2 to 3 days to appear. My problem is submitting modifications. I've submitted 3 revisions per the FAQ, they have been accepted ... but the changes have not been reflected in the posted stories.

Changes approved don't appear immediately.

Wait at least 24 hours after the "edited" submission vanishes from your list, then check again.

I generally only update the thread if the wait time has changed, or if it's been a while since I've updated it. The thread would grow long and tedious quickly if I posted on it every day. :) It's meant as a guideline. So even if the last post is over a week ago, that last post is generally correct as to the current wait time.

This applies only to new text stories. Edits and multimedia submissions (stories with audio or images) are processed differently. :rose:

Changes approved don't appear immediately.

Wait at least 24 hours after the "edited" submission vanishes from your list, then check again.

Correct. Text edits take time to propagate outward (though title and description changes may show more quickly). Please allow 24-48 hours for all text edits to show publicly. If after 48 hours your edits are not showing up, please PM me with the link to the story. :rose:

Back