The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

The good vibes antenna farm has a new addition, aimed your way (the good vibes will reflect off you toward your aunt and cousin's cousin). My second wife's father had stage 2 and 3 Hodgkins, for over 20 years, so cousin's cousin's outlook could be pretty positive, especially with all the good vibes, thoughts, prayers, etc., coming from the FYC thread.

Thank you. :)

I'm hoping that a lump I've had for a few months in my low back isn't cancer. I've ignored it for a while thinking/hoping it would go away. It hasn't gotten bigger, but I'm finally going to the clinic about it tomorrow. I'm hoping to get it's all in your imagination kind of response.

OK, cancer, it's my turn.

Mom escaped you twice in the 70's, even though she was given less than 6 months to live. Now there's a "spot" on her right lung.
She quit smoking 12 years ago, has endured the COPD diagnosis, and has made incredible progress in the 6 years she has been living with me, getting super care locally.

DO NOT FUCK WITH HER NOW.

She's 76, and doesn't need this shit. The tests begin next week.

Umm...I think I'll be asking for some of those super-positive antennae vibes shooting my way, folks!

And Dad, if you're listening out there, you said that you knew the cancer would never come back. Please don't renege on that promise...

FYC

Brand-shiny-new antenna planted at the farm, labeled "Gypsy's Mom," powered up and beaming your way.

I can feel the positive-ness already! Thank you SO much, SW. You are the epitome of, well all things wonderful and kind!

Beaming back at you, too!
:rose:

My vibe antenna is up and running.
It's sending out masses of healing pulses (and cyber hugs) to those who need them.

And may I add a big Fuck You to meningitis. My daughter had a suspected case (thankfully it wasn't) but we have been in the hospital all week and she has been pretty poorly.

My vibe antenna is up and running.
It's sending out masses of healing pulses (and cyber hugs) to those who need them.

And may I add a big Fuck You to meningitis. My daughter had a suspected case (thankfully it wasn't) but we have been in the hospital all week and she has been pretty poorly.
Meningitis can be some pretty bad shit. Glad she didn't have it... but what was her final diagnosis? Hope she's on the upswing and feeling better day by day. :rose:

Meningitis can be some pretty bad shit. Glad she didn't have it... but what was her final diagnosis? Hope she's on the upswing and feeling better day by day. :rose:

It's a mystery! She had so many tests and everything was negative. I am glad she is on the mend, but it would be nice to know what it was!

It's a mystery! She had so many tests and everything was negative. I am glad she is on the mend, but it would be nice to know what it was!
I'm sure you'd be much happier knowing what it was, but - sad to say - it's a fact that even with all the knowledge we've gained over the past couple of generations, there are those illnesses that the docs just can't pinpoint, even when what they do (treat the symptoms) seems to "cure" the problem. It just goes to remind us that there is a LOT we don't yet know...

I'll keep the "Daisy & kidlets" antenna up and beaming.

Mom's CT scan is this afternoon.
*fingers crossed*

Thanks for all good thoughts/prayers/wishes sent this way. It's so very appreciated.

Soooo...

They've classified it as a "mass", and they'll want a biopsy of it. Radiation was mentioned, as well as a "small spot on the right kidney". Could be part of the emphysema. Everything is proceeding very quickly, as I'm taking her to the new pulmonologist on Monday. This is forty years since she had the big C. Twice. And twice she was given six months to live.

Although she IS one tough cookie...

My brothers? They're so wrapped up in the swirling vortex that is their lives, that as usual, they're no help at all. Self-freakin-centered.

"New England woman's head explodes - Film at eleven." Yup.

FYC

Soooo...

They've classified it as a "mass", and they'll want a biopsy of it. Radiation was mentioned, as well as a "small spot on the right kidney". Could be part of the emphysema. Everything is proceeding very quickly, as I'm taking her to the new pulmonologist on Monday. This is forty years since she had the big C. Twice. And twice she was given six months to live.

Although she IS one tough cookie...

My brothers? They're so wrapped up in the swirling vortex that is their lives, that as usual, they're no help at all. Self-freakin-centered.

"New England woman's head explodes - Film at eleven." Yup.

FYC

Gypsy, until they know for sure try not to fret. The "what if's" are harder on the mind and the spirit, than the true knowledge for the most part.

Keeping the vibes flowing xxx

What Daisy said ^^^^. The "maybe's" often seem to be more stressful than the "this is what it is."

So...I guess it's my turn to join the party here. For the last ten days I've been bouncing from doc to doc and now the course is set: I'll be going into the hospital next Wednesday to have a tumor removed from my colon. So far just about all the data and testing has come up pretty positive. The blood work didn't show anything alarming, the CAT scan showed no metastisis, and the tumor is located in such a place that we won't have to do any radiation before surgery. The prognosis is excellent at this point, though we'll know more after the surgery and when the lymph nodes are tested.

So that's that: I have a mass in my ass but I'm still kicking.

So...I guess it's my turn to join the party here. For the last ten days I've been bouncing from doc to doc and now the course is set: I'll be going into the hospital next Wednesday to have a tumor removed from my colon. So far just about all the data and testing has come up pretty positive. The blood work didn't show anything alarming, the CAT scan showed no metastisis, and the tumor is located in such a place that we won't have to do any radiation before surgery. The prognosis is excellent at this point, though we'll know more after the surgery and when the lymph nodes are tested.

I'm sorry to hear about the tumor but happy to hear that the prognosis is good.
I'll be sending good thoughts and a lot of FYC.

MWY, If there is such a thing a good cancer, you have it. The colorectal surgeon who removed my polyps said it is amongst the easiest to treat with a very high success rate for no re occurrence.

Sending lots of positive vibes.

Thanks. So far the news is definitely leaning positive. And, if you have to have a tumor, it's best to have one that's accessible and not so likely to spread throughout the neighborhood.

Thanks. So far the news is definitely leaning positive. And, if you have to have a tumor, it's best to have one that's accessible and not so likely to spread throughout the neighborhood.

Sending positive thoughts to you, whilst giving the stink eye to the lump :mad:

Positive vibs being sent your way

Sending positive thoughts to you, whilst giving the stink eye to the lump :mad:

All my best thoughts and wishes, and a Yank antenna added to the farm, full power!

Positive vibs being sent your way

Thanks. I'm grateful for the support of friends and I feel blessed that I have so many friends here. I've checked and I'll have wi-fi access at the hospital so I ought to be able to check in occasionally once I'm on the mend there.

Back