Is it so wrong...

Sculpture?

The Victoria and Albert Museum in London has one of the largest collections of COPIES of world famous sculptures. They have Michaelangelo's David and Hadrian's Column. The copy of Hadrian's Column made in the 19th Century has more detail than the now eroded original.

filename-2nd-floor-view.jpg


Is it so wrong to appreciate copies of famous art works that I can get close to and to prefer them to going to see the originals that I might be unable to get near?

Yes, ogg. Don't be lazy, make the effort! :mad:


:)
 
Yes, ogg. Don't be lazy, make the effort! :mad:


:)

OK. To replicate what I can see in the Victoria and Albert's Cast Courts I'd have to travel to:

Italy; Egypt; Spain; Mexico; India; China; Russia and many other countries.

I'd also need a time machine because some of the originals no longer exist.

If I had that time machine I'd like to go back to Pompeii as I saw it in 1960. A coach party of first class passengers from a ship en route from England to Australia had a specially booked tour. We arrived at Pompeii at 7am, three hours before it opened to the public. For those three hours 36 of us, split into three groups with English speaking guides, went around Pompeii with no other tourists present. We didn't even see the other two groups until we left.

We were taken into the storage areas, the areas off-limits to the public; the laboratories where artefacts were cleaned and conserved; and saw the erotic paintings and sculptures up close. We had the world's experts on Pompeii explaining everything and letting us touch some things - carefully.

That experience is impossible now. But I'll never forget it.

I don't think it is wrong to value such an experience.
 
Last edited:
Yay! An ogg story!

(Just what I was hoping for ;):rose:)

Is it wrong for me to come and post on this board when I am too lazy/uninspired/scared to do any real writing?
 
Yay! An ogg story!

(Just what I was hoping for ;):rose:)

Is it wrong for me to come and post on this board when I am too lazy/uninspired/scared to do any real writing?

No, we all need a break to just have some fun


Is is so wrong to just hide out here on Lit instead of doing laundry?
 
I approve this entire post. :D

Thank you dumpling!

At first nobody really got it. The My I guy really rolled the ball hard. Didn't quote, but nice, demented job!

You can't call it 'black humor' anymore because somebody will call you a racist.

Is it so wrong to think that horrible things can be funny? (as long as it doesn't happen to you and yours).

:D:D:D
 
Sculpture?

The Victoria and Albert Museum in London has one of the largest collections of COPIES of world famous sculptures. They have Michaelangelo's David and Hadrian's Column. The copy of Hadrian's Column made in the 19th Century has more detail than the now eroded original.

filename-2nd-floor-view.jpg


Is it so wrong to appreciate copies of famous art works that I can get close to and to prefer them to going to see the originals that I might be unable to get near?

Not at all: You can't spray-paint on them if you can't get close to them.:)
 
Is it so wrong for me to think that if those Precious Moments figurines suddenly all came to life they would be horribly disfigured mongoloids?
 
There is that "No shirt, no shoes, no service." thing. It could mess up a date. I know--it's blatantly prejudiced against barefoot girls.


Which is it:-

No shirt + no shoes = no service.
OR
No shirt OR no shoes = no service.
?
 
Is it so wrong

To force the asshole trying to pass you on the right to smash into a parked car?
I mean, really?
 
Is it so wrong to entertain murderous fantasies about a government official who makes life unpleasant when you HAVE to deal with her?
 
Is it so wrong to entertain murderous fantasies about a government official who makes life unpleasant when you HAVE to deal with her?

Is it so wrong

To get sick and fucking tired of people bringing Trump (or other government officials) into every fucking discussion?

The one above references HER, so it doesn't appear to be about be Trump, but it usually is, and it usually ends up with two or three pages of people screaming at each other.:(

Of course, everybody can say what they want, but... Jesus!
 
Last edited:
Is it so wrong to always be right?

(Not about anyone in this thread, living or dead)
 
Is it so wrong . . .

That I tied a shoe to my cat's tail?

It won't come out from under the bed, and the pee all over the carpet is kind of a pain in the ass, but the sound it keeps making is really interesting. I haven't heard a cat make that sound before, and I think it's good to experience something new once in a while.
 
Is it really so wrong for women to have children after 35?

Personally I think 35 children is enough. Really.
 
Back
Top