Vote for your opinion on chapters in the 2012 Survivor Contest

What do you want to do about chapters in the 2012 Survivor contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrimsonMaiden

Pretty in Pink
Please only vote one time. The poll is public, so everyone can see who votes which way. Please vote quickly so we can get the rules finalized. I set the deadline for the poll to close as 3 days. Thanks! :) (poll will post shortly after thread shows up)

Last edited:
Please only vote one time. The poll is public, so everyone can see who votes which way. Please vote quickly so we can get the rules finalized. Thanks! :) (poll will post shortly after thread shows up)

I vote for not having chapter stories.

I voted to retain the current rule, even though a good many of my previous stories would have been disqualified. These include the series about Marian and Ryan, Brenda, Strider, and Angel Jones and probably some others I can't think of now. I see nothing really wrong with stories such as these, which were all about 5,000 words, but I believe it's necessary to avoid the abuses we had a few years ago. :(

I will still write about these people, but not for points, unless the stories end up entered in theme contests. Chapters are not supposed to be entered there either, but the definition is a lot tighter.

Last edited:
I said vote once. Not 6-10 times using all your different IDs. And no mouthing that they aren't cause at least six votes were cast by IDs that have been admitted to belong to the same person.

Yes, it looks to me like the vote to go back to allowing chaptered stories is leading 4 to 3 to 2.

K.

I said vote once. Not 6-10 times using all your different IDs. And no mouthing that they aren't cause at least six votes were cast by IDs that have been admitted to belong to the same person.

If people are voting more than once on different IDs then perhaps none of their votes should count? This isn't vote early, vote often as it were.

Wow - Why vote under your different IDs (especially openly admitted ones) and pad the score, the person surely knew their vote would be seen. It's very disheartening to witness that something as simple as a Literotica poll is not free from obvious attempts at manipulation - a joke to them - because they knew they'd get caught - probably, but for those that take the poll seriously it's just a waste of the moderators' time.

Yep.

Twelve of the fourteen votes for that option are the same person.

Yikes and they are all admittedly from the same person?

I have a few alts, but haven't used them in ages and for the most part they were contained in the SRPs of Lit. Though two did submit stories to Lit. at one time. I also have one that is a co-name with another Lister and one did post on the forums, but most every one knew who she was. I miss saucy Babette_____. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's that high, but it might be as many as eleven. :eek:

If so, that would mean four votes are legit.

If all this discussion that was done puts either the second or third choice as the winner, I'm a happy camper either way. Eleven is way too many personalities to control. :eek:

Yikes and they are all admittedly from the same person?

I have a few alts, but haven't used them in ages and for the most part they were contained in the SRPs of Lit. Though two did submit stories to Lit. at one time. I also have one that is a co-name with another Lister and one did post on the forums, but most every one knew who she was. I miss saucy Babette_____. :rolleyes:

The only thing about said IDs in question that ticks me off is that the person won two prizes in a previous years contest (one money, one GC) and kept someone else from placing in the top 15. Of course, there was no confirmation those IDs belonged to the same person until awhile *after* that contest had past (said person also had a *third* ID that didn't place, kind of makes you wonder why on earth they didn't put all of those stories on the higher placing ID and maybe win? I am clueless on that one). And if I have even a whiff of a hint that said person is attempting to do that again, I will figure out a way to prove it and have those IDs disqualified from the contest.

The only thing about said IDs in question that ticks me off is that the person won two prizes in a previous years contest (one money, one GC) and kept someone else from placing in the top 15. Of course, there was no confirmation those IDs belonged to the same person until awhile *after* that contest had past (said person also had a *third* ID that didn't place, kind of makes you wonder why on earth they didn't put all of those stories on the higher placing ID and maybe win? I am clueless on that one). And if I have even a whiff of a hint that said person is attempting to do that again, I will figure out a way to prove it and have those IDs disqualified from the contest.

I appreciate all of the work you mods do and I am sorry folks take advantage of the contests and you all are left to clean up the mess. It'll be a long year for you guys. :rose:

(and I agree with another poster from a while back - several days back - mods should get some sort of compensation for putting up with the drama)

Doesn't Laurel ask the proper names and address f the winners? She has always asked me mine. Wouldn't she be able to prevent a person from winning two prizes?

Here it is 2012 and you're still going on about 2009, when I entered PositiveThinker, CarBuffStuff, and WmForrester in the Surivivor contest, in the same way that many contestants in the contest had done before me.

Boxlicker still talks about "the person" who wrote too many 800 word chapter stories. Again, I've never written an 800 word story, Box. Go find my 800 word story, Box, and I'll eat it. Okay?

The only ones who wrote 800 word stories were MungoPark, PrincesErin, and BakeBoss, not me. I write real stories, not shit stories.

I apologized then and I'm aplogizing again now for not reading and memorizing the rules of the contest three fucking years ago, Crimson. This year, I plan on tattooing the rules on my ass, once the rules are complete, so that every time I bend over and look in the mirror, I'll think of you in the way that you've flashed me your panties to everyone for years.

Believe me or not, I really don't give a shit but I truly did not know that having more than one alt in the contests was against the rules. What did it matter anyway, I would have had a larger prize had I combined all three alts together as one.

So, why did I vote more than once in the poll? Why not? Most of my alts are attached to stories. Most of my alts participated in the Survivor contest. Why can't they have a vote in the decision whether we have chapter stories or not?

Yet, that's okay. Please for the sake of your imagined fairness and for the decision that you already know you'll be making, do not count any of my votes. You people decide what you want. When you're done endlessly posting your decision, let me know the rules, so that I can tattoo my ass and post my stories, as a complete story or in chapters.

I assure you Crimson, I only have one entry in this years contest, as I did in 2011 and in 2010. I play fair. In the way that I've been treated and continue to be so abused, it's Literotica and their cohorts that do not.

Now, please just go on about your business and I'll go on about mine. I'm not here to antagonize anyone or cause trouble. I just write stories.

Hopefully, unless someone kicks me, this is my last post on the Survivor thread.

I think playing fair goes out the window when you admit to manipulating the votes to influence te rules. I think the simple solution is to only count votes from those registered in the contest.

Your justifying voting multiple times only helps to validate scouries obsession with him/her/itself.

I think playing fair goes out the window when you admit to manipulating the votes to influence te rules. I think the simple solution is to only count votes from those registered in the contest.

Your justifying voting multiple times only helps to validate scouries obsession with him/her/itself.

Huh? Scouries? What does Scouries have to do with anything, especially Survivor, when he or she has never even played the game, unless, of course, you are Scouries.

Having run multi-million dollar businesses most of my career, I've seen a little bit of power go to the heads of those not accustomed to making decisions.

The rules of this Survivor contest change more than the IRS tax code. This is nuts.

What should be a simple contest, the writer writing the most stories in the most categories wins has been ruined by caps, year to year rule changes, and people who hide their scores until year end.

Never have I participated in a contest where you didn't know who was winning.

"What's the score?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"The game isn't over, yet."

Are you kidding me? What is that about? Strategy?

One year chapter stories are acceptable, the next year there's no chapter stories, now this year they want chapter stories. The Survivor rules are like a ping pong match.

Literotca has theme contest that had chapters and now there's no chapters.

Literotica had a Survivor contest that had chapter stories, then no chapter stories, and now they want chapter stories.

We have a monthly contest that always allowed chapter stories.

Then, we have the end of the year contest that allows more than one vote from any alt, so long as that alt has posted a story in the course of the year.

One of the things that I've learned as an accountant and as a manager is consistency. There is no consistency here. Decisions depend on which way the wind is blowing. Rules change depending upon raging hormones of women, who not only can't make a decision but also can't make up their mind.

Reading the rules to the Survivor contest is navigating a legal agreement. Why is this contest so complex and the theme contests, monthly contests, and the end of year contest so simple.

I'm glad you asked because I'll tell you why.

GIVE A MODERATOR A LITTLE POWER AND THEY BECOME A DEMIGOD.

The rules of this contest are overly complex. If anything, the rules need to be simplied.

The writer who writes the most stories in the most categories wins. Period. Done. Over. Amen.

Last edited:
Angry at winning much?

the scourges comment was in relation to the greater lit forum community. The "I've given all my alts personalities so they're real and should vote nonsense--if that was te case any halfway decent writer could justify forum alts on story characters.

What it was us as always, there are suggestions for rule changes, and this year was provided with 3 alternatives for one of the rules. Feeling that you've been screwed by the system in the past you're basically justifying that for you trying to influence this years contest before it has really started.

And you say rules need to be simplified to "most stories in most categories"? You voted against that idea what, a dozen times? Having a rule against chapters is more complex than no chapter restrictions.

So please, just give us small people who aren't likely to compete for winning a chance to be part of the contest too, instead of imposing "the system screwed me so I'm more entitled than most" commentary.

Angry at winning much?

the scourges comment was in relation to the greater lit forum community. The "I've given all my alts personalities so they're real and should vote nonsense--if that was te case any halfway decent writer could justify forum alts on story characters.

What it was us as always, there are suggestions for rule changes, and this year was provided with 3 alternatives for one of the rules. Feeling that you've been screwed by the system in the past you're basically justifying that for you trying to influence this years contest before it has really started.

And you say rules need to be simplified to "most stories in most categories"? You voted against that idea what, a dozen times? Having a rule against chapters is more complex than no chapter restrictions.

So please, just give us small people who aren't likely to compete for winning a chance to be part of the contest too, instead of imposing "the system screwed me so I'm more entitled than most" commentary.

I can't even comment. Have a nice day and good luck with the rest of your life.

I don't participate in the Survivor Contest so I frankly don't give a fig, but I voted anyway. Why did he bother using all his alts (and I think the SusanJillParker ID can probably be associated with Freddie too) to vote on something since he (under the SuperHeroRalph ID) claimed to not be writing for Literotica any more?

Just like he's done posting to the Survivor threads. :rolleyes:

Carry on with the usual insults toward, Freddie. It's about all you're good at.

Please only vote one time. The poll is public, so everyone can see who votes which way. Please vote quickly so we can get the rules finalized. I set the deadline for the poll to close as 3 days. Thanks! :) (poll will post shortly after thread shows up)

I wasn't around yet for most of the previous chapters drama, but it sounded like the main problem was dozens of chapters just rambling on, with no concrete beginning and end and no "juicy" bits... what if a Survivor-viable chapter required at least one scene - of whichever category the chapter was being submitted under - for it to count?
Although sifting through it all would be a LOT of extra work for the admins, and that's not a good thing.

Back