Name the asshole

Neville Chamberlain

I wouldn't include him.

He was between a rock and a hard place. France wouldn't fight. The US was isolationist and totally opposed to any foreign war. The UK was rearming and unprepared for war. Many members of his government admired the policies of Adolf Hitler and the work he had done to improve Germany.

He had no choice but to accept Hitler's assurances that the Sudetenland was his last territorial demand in Europe - because neither the UK nor its allies was ready to go to war. The UK couldn't even get to Czechoslavakia without passing through other countries.

While Chamberlain declared "Peace in our time", the UK was rearming as fast as it could. Chamberlain probably knew that war would come but the UK needed more time to prepare. Even Hitler was assuming no war until 1941...

He probably dosen't fit completley, his name should be switched with Maggie Thatcher's. Him I would consider a blind edealist. However I always believed that he had not completely embraced full mobilization. Which is why he further lost the confidence of the commons and was replaced my personal hero Sir. Winston.

Back