The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

Ah reminds me of my days in College in Santa Fe New Mexico,,,,,,,,,,,,Ah school days. I did love that town. It was the state capital but you really could not call it a city S F well at least then.;)
 
Sgt BigRick reporting for duty I salute CG Can't get my head round this time difference. We're 8 hours in front of England who are 6 hours ahead of Austin. So it gone 1930 here and we've got nite monouvers.

Spoke to my folks, the inlaws are enjoying themselves, our dads have bonded and my mom and GG's mom are talking baby names. We've been given a home on the estate for when we're home and they've agreed our baby will be born in Austin so he or she will be Texan. Don't bother asking us! What is the Brits say? 'Bloody Women!'

So my beloved is in her hasmat? I get the feeling they'll soon be out here. It's so tense here everyone expects the fat boy to do something stupid. No one wants a war but if he starts one I hope he's the first one killed in it.
 
Rick mothers always seem to long to be grand mothers. Not sure if it is their desire is for their children's happiness or for pay back when we younger. Their love is the only real constant. ;)

I believe that the Little Fat Man will have us in a shooting war before the end of the year Rick.
 
That it is Shiva. So how was your week? It has been rather quite here at the Inn this week.
 
That it is Shiva. So how was your week? It has been rather quite here at the Inn this week.

First week back at work. It went alright, but it was a long week! Now I'm relaxing at home for a little while, before going out to the shops.

How have you been?
 
A little writing here. Some work on l3ectures for a month long series on the road Shiva and one coming up this coming weekend.

It can be hard shifting back into work mode after a vacation Shiva. ;)
 
A little writing here. Some work on l3ectures for a month long series on the road Shiva and one coming up this coming weekend.

It can be hard shifting back into work mode after a vacation Shiva. ;)

What are you lecturing on this time? I want to know if there is a way I can read it without having to be there.

It was hard on Monday, but fine after that. I'm already not bothered by it.
 
Sorry Shiva my lectures are not on line. The subject is French colonial America.

Boring right?;)

Glad work is settling down for you.
 
Sorry Shiva my lectures are not on line. The subject is French colonial America.

Boring right?;)

Glad work is settling down for you.

How does one get to hear one of your lectures, anyway? It doesn't sound that boring, at all.

Work is work.. blah lol.
 
Well being in North America helps Shiva. And being in the Pacific Northwest in Mid August would also be necessary. ;)
 
Well being in North America helps Shiva. And being in the Pacific Northwest in Mid August would also be necessary. ;)

What part of the Pacific NW? I've been meaning to visit some friends in the Seattle area for some time now.
 
Sgt BigRick reporting for duty I salute CG Can't get my head round this time difference. We're 8 hours in front of England who are 6 hours ahead of Austin. So it gone 1930 here and we've got nite monouvers.

Spoke to my folks, the inlaws are enjoying themselves, our dads have bonded and my mom and GG's mom are talking baby names. We've been given a home on the estate for when we're home and they've agreed our baby will be born in Austin so he or she will be Texan. Don't bother asking us! What is the Brits say? 'Bloody Women!'

So my beloved is in her hasmat? I get the feeling they'll soon be out here. It's so tense here everyone expects the fat boy to do something stupid. No one wants a war but if he starts one I hope he's the first one killed in it.

Jeez, baby names already? Least they could do is let you get pregnant first. :) Well if you do move on to the family estate, you will have plenty of babysitters. From the sounds of it, you may need to build a house for GG's parents, they may decide to stay there forever. LOL

I don't see how he can start a war, he can't even make a simple decision to deal with the wars he has going on right now.

I hope the temperatures even out in the Pacific NW, before you get there, CG. Right now they are having record highs, they are hitting way over a hundred. One expects that in the southwest, but the northwest is supposed to be a few degrees cooler.

I think if I was in the military, I would just give up on trying to figure out the time. You guys move around so much, in a couple of weeks, you will probably be in a different time zone. Nice thing about Lit is that you can post 24/7.

Internet has been working today but occasionally cuts out and then right back in, but everything is much slower than the usual way too slow. I finally got mad enough that I used my online time to order a new service from a different company. I don't know how bad or good they are, but they can't be as bad as this one.

Yesterday it sprinkled on one half of the house. Rained in back but dry in front. You would think this cabin was too small for a cloud not to be able to reach both sides. :rolleyes:

I have always been interested in Colonial America. I took several classes in college in history and literature. After I had been out of college for a couple of years, I realized I had no idea what happened between 1900 and the 1960. So I took a class on WW2. That was an interesting class. The teacher used newsreels from that time to give us an idea of what the time was really like. As a fifth grade teacher for most of my career, I taught US history up to the Civil War, although, in reality there wasn't enough time for that, I was usually happy if I got to the 1800s. LOL I figured their eight grade teacher could teach them the rest. But I wanted my fifth graders to have a real understanding of the Constitution and how it came to be. So I focused heavily on everything that happened before 1800. One of the first things I would do is have the kids ask their parents if they knew what the Constitution was and was it important today. It was amazing and scary how many parents either didn't know what it was, or thought it was not important. The ones that knew the most about it were the parents that had come from other countries and applied for citizenship. So as we progressed through the year the students were given different assignments where they had to teach their parents things they had learned about the history of this country. What on earth are high school teachers teaching?


Isn't it amazing, Shiva, that you can go on vacation and have a great time, then be back at work for a day and the vacation seems like something that happened a long time ago?
 
Well it's approaching 1430 here and the tension is really building. We've heard about the latest sanctions but they only hit the people not the fat boy. The people are so scared that every time that woman newsreader goes into an orgasm to announce another rocket launch they have to take to the streets and cheer. Here in the South they just wait for invasion. CG, I get the feeling you're right.

Still no news on my wife which means they are taking things very serious.

SF weather can be strange. Seems your home needs a private forecast.

I'd love to hear CG's lectures, we don't know our history. When I took GG to the Alamo she knew more about than I did :D.
 
That's somewhat sad but so true

That even extends into religion. In my high school in one of my literature courses we went to study some poetry that drew heavily from the Bible. I don't recall reading from the Bible in school of course, people would have lost their shit but discussions about it came up and the person in a whole class of christians was the one Muslim girl, who had read the Bible for fun, just to educate herself. To me that just illustrates to me how much people of the U.S. Know about documents they flame to worship e.g. The Bible, constitution, etc.
 
I find that people outside of the US know more about everything related to the US than Americans do.

The rain is weird here, that is for sure. The other day someone asked me if it was raining and I said that it was sunny and dry. Before I could hit the send button on that simple sentence, rain was pouring out of the sky.

The Bible can make for interesting reading, after you get past all that begatting stuff. It is a pretty good take on the history, current events, philosophies of the time.
 
Yes I'd agree with that. One of the few times I went to church as an adult I was sitting there going, you know this is a really good message, if I could just get past the god part.
 
Yes I'd agree with that. One of the few times I went to church as an adult I was sitting there going, you know this is a really good message, if I could just get past the god part.

Haven't really been to church since college. There was so much hypocrisy going on at the time (mid-70s) about born again Christians being the only true Christian religion and the Catholic church had suddenly started making all these rule changes in the past few years. I just was confused. If God set the rules why could the Church change them? What happened if you weren't born again, because you always believed? I figured if God is everywhere, then I could talk to him anywhere, so I might as well sleep in on Sundays. Now, I am not sure what I believe exactly but I don't have much interest in organized religion.
 
Well it's approaching 1430 here and the tension is really building. We've heard about the latest sanctions but they only hit the people not the fat boy. The people are so scared that every time that woman newsreader goes into an orgasm to announce another rocket launch they have to take to the streets and cheer. Here in the South they just wait for invasion. CG, I get the feeling you're right.

Still no news on my wife which means they are taking things very serious.

SF weather can be strange. Seems your home needs a private forecast.

I'd love to hear CG's lectures, we don't know our history. When I took GG to the Alamo she knew more about than I did :D.


Rick despots always seem to get us into a shooting war. They are supreme egoists That believe all will back down from them. That is until they don't and the bullets begin to fly.

Well I hope that G G and the girls' will soon be able to join us again.;)
 
In our written English the spelling of a suit as something you wear is 'suit' a 'suite' would be either hotel, sofa (couch) as in 'three piece suite'
 
Morning Sir my name is C G Raven welcome to the China Pearl Inn. So what brings you to our little corner of Lit? Can I get you something to drink, tea, coffee, or something stronger?
 
Gone midnight and still no news of my wife. I know she's testing the new suits and is on manoeuvres 'somewhere'. Maybe she'll end up here?

Off to bed. Catch up soon.
 
Take care Rick and get some sleep I will keep a good thought for G G and the gals.;)
 
Back
Top