Geek Pride Day! Official Support Thread

The problem with putting your characters in a life or death situation is that they want to spend all of their time trying to live instead of having hot, desperate end-of-the-world sex. I'm 6K words into this story and nobody's naked yet.

Are you willing to let your fictional world be silly enough that your characters need to have sex to survive? They need to jump-start the orgone accumulator somehow, after all.

Are you willing to let your fictional world be silly enough that your characters need to have sex to survive? They need to jump-start the orgone accumulator somehow, after all.

From what I've read of his, Loqui is going full Apollo 13/Expanse/Gravity.in his story. No handwavium like in mine :)

Blind_justice is right. I'm going hard science. All my math adds up.

I was close to needing them to fuck for their lives for a little bit. You can't electrolyze oxygen out of pure water. There has to be some salt in it. My characters were going to have to sweat. But urine is a better source of sodium, so that idea went out the window... er, air lock.

I just mercilessly went George R.R. Martin on one of my sweetest characters.

Humiliated them?

Mutiliated their genitalia?

Gave them crippling diarrhea?

Let their story get away from you so you never finish it? (George’s specialty)

(I bet your answer is, “Yes.” :devil::heart:)

silly enough that your characters need to have sex to survive? somehow, after all.

What's silly about that?

You think the people would have had enough of silly sex tales
I look around me and I see it isn't so
Some people want to fill the world with silly sex tales
What's wrong with that . . . I'd like to know . . . 'cause here I go . . . again . . .

Humiliated them?

Mutiliated their genitalia?

Gave them crippling diarrhea?

Let their story get away from you so you never finish it? (George’s specialty)

(I bet your answer is, “Yes.” :devil::heart:)

No, more along the line of "horribly murdering her"

Well, my tale IS long, but I have a handle on the plot and an idea on the ending. Unless I fuck up in a very bad way or my Muse decapitates me for screwing up my characters, I should be done around May 10th.

Blind_justice is right. I'm going hard science. All my math adds up.

Hm. Sexy and hard sf make strange bedfellows (just pretend I said something actually clever just then, rather than what I really said, if you please).

And then there’s Gravity, which threw hard sf out the window and went fully allegorical for the last 15 minutes as the main character is reborn a woman of faith.

I would think that in any serious Humanity vs. Nature story, the prototypical role of a sex scene would be an affirmation of Our Heroes’ humanity in the face of the malign indifference of the cruel Universe. So I’m thinkin’ it’s not going to be the dangerous situations the characters find themselves in that will get them nekkid together, but the character’s motivations and personalities.

I would think that in any serious Humanity vs. Nature story, the prototypical role of a sex scene would be an affirmation of Our Heroes’ humanity in the face of the malign indifference of the cruel Universe. So I’m thinkin’ it’s not going to be the dangerous situations the characters find themselves in that will get them nekkid together, but the character’s motivations and personalities.

Hmm, you been reading my story? It's a bit of that - a contemplation of humanity, a bit of motivation, and I hope, three engaging characters, only one of which is human...

Hmm, you been reading my story?
Which one? I’ve read your Songs of Seduction - Water, and let me tell you...

electricblue66 said:
Sweet creation, could two creatures be made better for each other, a solid dry man and a sinuous wet woman?

...is the smutmonger’s question for the ages. You answered it in a few thousand words where I took a few hundred thousand. I’m jealous of your lyricism and economy.

Which one? I’ve read your Songs of Seduction - Water, and let me tell you...

Originally Posted by electricblue66
Sweet creation, could two creatures be made better for each other, a solid dry man and a sinuous wet woman?

...is the smutmonger’s question for the ages. You answered it in a few thousand words where I took a few hundred thousand. I’m jealous of your lyricism and economy.

Thank you.

The next Song of Seduction (the one I alluded to) is for the Geek Anthology.

Unfortunately, it's not quite so economical, but hopefully just as lyrical. Damn world building and science keep getting in the way…. Still (Loqui, cover your eyes), 22k in, and we're getting down to business.

Someone said sci-fi readers don't mind a bit of world-building before the sticky bits. I sure hope so :).

Still (Loqui, cover your eyes), 22k in, and we're getting down to business.

One of these days, I'm going to retire, and they're going to put me in a home, and I'm going to have all the time in the world to write as much as I want to. Won't that be nice.

One of these days, I'm going to retire, and they're going to put me in a home, and I'm going to have all the time in the world to write as much as I want to. Won't that be nice.

Until then you wait for those moments when the thoughts and the images flow. Maybe you need to wait for the moment. Wait... wait... And there it is! Then you have to edit. Oh God, then you have to edit.

Bump it!

Less than a month before we need to start submitting, geeks! So quit watching hockey and start writing!

I've done nothing but write for the last three weeks or so. Heading for that 50k words mark and still no sign of fatigue.

Heh, I guess that's my cue. :D

In Order of Appearance:

PuckIt (Currently swearing by goddesses whom I think are in charge of 5 moons (way too many for it simply being a good night in the pub), and teasing with imagery like, "buxon adventuress is getting boned in a graveyard." >.> I'd read that.)

BiscuitHammer

Antryg Windrose

electricblue66
(22K and counting, "not quite so economical as only now are we getting down to business". Don't worry, EB66, the readers really do like world building so long as it's not an "infodump." And I know you're experienced enough to know what that is.)

Blind_Justice (50K+ and counting. I like "Eventually Marooned on Gorgon IX" as a title, but the piece is not quite satiricle/humorous enough to get away with it. Equal measures Mass Effect, Guardians of the Galaxy, Babylon 5, and Firefly. Except, fuck, and now young Ridley Scott and young James Cameron inspirations are seeping into my glass, turning the nuclear-blue color a disturbingly familiar color of green. Indiana Jones had the right line in "Ark of the Convenant." :eek: Minimal application of the whip has been needed; he's been doin' good! :D

lovecraft68

ChloeTzang (John Ringo/ e e doc smith but a version where the Chinese are doing the heavy lifting. Note: the name of the ship is NOT the SLAP Happiness. Addendum: Slight detour to 3K words on antiquity puns with so many cleverness modifiers, it broke my d20.)

Voboy (FIRST FINISHED! Quote the author: 21K words, and yes, it includes penetrative sex with an alien who has a prehensile penis and can cum on order.") Apparently the Prehen-Penis' owner can also do so "vengefully." :D Oh, the image.

YouDidWhut - Alas, must bow out. Computer went down and understandably not typing a 10K+ word story on a phone. (I mean, come on, he's not E.L. James!)

xelliebabex

rutger5

LoquiSordidaAdMe
(In Progress, 6K, And all the math adds up. You can ask Sandra Bullock. )

Alice_Rosaleen (In progress. Cyberpunk triple-distilled, topshelf. )

PrettyLilPussy

JasonClearwater
Ideas being rebooted via Mad-Libs. "Get ready for some serious leaking."

ShyChiWriter - the muse is glancing over 2 pitches while waiting for the writer to sit down.

Loquere

RjThoughts

MSTarot
(PIRATES! YARR! AT LAST! I seriously wants pirates.)

weftandwarp (SECOND FINISHED! Dark Horse sweeps in with 10K words of Botany, love, and autism.)

SimonDoom: "I'm in. There will be tentacles." :cool:

Oblimo:
Something about cherry-fuck!-flavored consentacles :devil:

I'm contemplating adding a "furry" story to the mix, but need the time to work on it. It would also involve a young man in a kilt because...

Kilt! :rose::kiss:

Last edited:
It's so quiet in here. Did someone eat all the D20s and stole the nachos? Or did the evil space dragon roll five crits in a row?

While I love the mental image of the first one, sadly, it's more the second one for me, all this week. :eek: Just need to survive the next 14 hours and maybe I can cobble together another spaceship from the other being blasted to pieces.

Stupid evil space dragons.

After much deliberation, I decided to set my story on Earth. No lunar bases or orbiting colonies, no terraforming or space travel. Sigh. Maybe next time.
Hope everyone's muses are being cooperative collaborators!

I've been head-down over the keyboard. I'm at 9k words and this is shaping up to be my longest story yet.

Watchoo wasting time here for, mate? Get on with it.

I'll shut up about my word-count, other than to say, my god, world building is word building.

Watchoo wasting time here for, mate? Get on with it.

I'll shut up about my word-count, other than to say, my god, world building is word building.

I've got this "job" thingy that I go to every day. They don't mind if I pop in here and tap out a quick message or two every so often, but they don't like it when I spend all day typing up naughty stories instead of clearing my inbox.

After much deliberation, I decided to set my story on Earth. No lunar bases or orbiting colonies, no terraforming or space travel. Sigh. Maybe next time.
Hope everyone's muses are being cooperative collaborators!
Damn. :( So no Gibson heiress story? Nertz.

I've been head-down over the keyboard. I'm at 9k words and this is shaping up to be my longest story yet.
*scrtch scrtch*

Good lord, and I was crowing about having written my "shortest" story in years (the Mystery Tour) at 11K... :eek:

But then, I really do admire the soul of brevity, even if I do not possess it. My bookshelf proves it, and NotWise's "Third Ring" recently reminded me again why. ^_^

:D I'm looking forward to it. *pen hovers expectantly*

I've got this "job" thingy that I go to every day. They don't mind if I pop in here and tap out a quick message or two every so often, but they don't like it when I spend all day typing up naughty stories instead of clearing my inbox.
Lol! Yeah, that job-thingy, indeed. I only just sat down after executing an 11-hr event with measurable success. I can now expect a pat on the back and a "Knew you could do it! Bet you will do even better next time!" Sigh. My muscles have commenced stiffening up as we speak. Time to write this weekend. I've earned it.

At least my Geek Pride furry story had a week to gestate at the back of my brain and I can feel it wants to come out. :D A good sign, and a good feeling.

Even better, though, I found out a buddy is planning a story for this event, too, on the sneak. But I've been given instructions that I'm not to add him to the list. Damn it. Even more mysterious...wanna read it!! :eek:

Last edited:
Even better, though, I found out a buddy is planning a story for this event, too, on the sneak. But I've been given instructions that I'm not to add him to the list. Damn it. Even more mysterious...wanna read it!! :eek:

Me too. Might be the same guy.

Should be good.

Back