Nightfall - (Firefly OOC)

a tea ceremony is silent when done correctly.

& his katas are usually done slowly. Though when (& if) we spar I bet everyone comes down to watch.

My guy ain't modded but he did grow up in a monestary full of monks.

& I'm talking the "snatch the pebble from my hand" kind of Monk!

Wan2mei3!

Yes. Rosa likes, and Chas agrees.
 
Thomas has taken this little night blooming flower under his wing and is determined to awaken the beauty the Aliiance tried to kill inside of her.
 
The Battle of Sturges took place before Serenity Valley, correct?

I don't know an exact year, but one can reasonably assume so.

Serenity Valley weren't the last battle of The War, but it was the loss that broke The Independents' back, didn't have much left in 'em thereafter. Most all of the battles woulda taken place a'fore it.
 
1330809872_grimm-nick.jpg


Name:Thomas Kin
Age:26
Home Planet:Beylix
Physical Description:5'11", 175 lbs, Black hair, Green eyes



Bio:

For as long as anyone in the Monistary can remember, Thomas was facinated with how things worked. From the clock in his room to the vehicles in the garage, none were safe from his inquisitive hands.HIs mind was just as agile, taking in the teachings of the old monks, but his heart was out there, out in the stars.

When he was twenty he went out into the Verse on the advice of his Master at the Monestary. He had learned what there was to learn there, and life would be his teacher now. He quickly mastered the art of starship maintenence, and made some friends, and unfortunately some people that were less than friendly with him. He joined up with the crew of the Nightfall about a year ago, and he has learned more about life, the Verse, and himself than he learned in his twenty years secluded in the Monestary.


Abilities/Skills:

Thomas is a expert Mechanic, and is in excellent physical condition. He is also a expert in Martial arts, embracing the art of a Zen Warrior, and has been trained in that art since he was a small child. He is a patient man, and looks for the good in every person and situation. He hates guns, and will only touch one if he absolutely has to.​
 
Last edited:
kate-beckinsale-nsfw.jpg


Name: Julianne McAllister
Alias: Samantha 'Sam' Ranagan
Age: 32
Planet: Osiris
Height: 5'7"
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Brown

Biography:
Julianne hails from one of the central planets, Osiris. She came from a very prosperous family, and although she deeply loved her parents she didn't always agree with their decisions. When it came time for her to be "married", Julianne rebelled, choosing instead to follow her own heart and see what the galaxy had in store for her. Although her younger brother Thomas initially went along with her, he soon returned home and left Julianne to fend for herself.

Although life on the run often left her with very little money, Julianne managed to get by well enough on her own. To keep her family from actively pursuing her, the young adventuress took up the name Samantha, and began working on a few lighter transport ships before she was able to "buy" one of her own. She called her ship Nightfall, and when war broke out between the Alliance and the Independents she used her vessel to transport supplies to the rebel troops. Her ship initially took part in the Battle of Sturges, but it was heavily damaged and forced to seek repairs. She was too late in arriving at the Battle of Serenity Valley, and when the Unification War ended she continued

Vessel:
03-K64-Firefly

Skills:
Relatively proficient with hand-to-hand combat, but she prefers to shoot from a distance and avoid getting herself caught up in melee. When forced to flee, she knows she doesn't always have to be the fastest person... she just has to be faster than the person running next to her.

She is also very intelligent, having received an excellent education when she was a young girl. In addition to being "book smart" she has developed skills necessary to survive in the shadier parts of space.
 
Hah! The guy from "Grimm!" Good choice.

I adore him already.



...and Kim, oh, of course you'd pick her to be the face. :: swoon ::

This is going to be amazing.
 
Subject to change. Going to try re-watching some Firefly this weekend to refresh my memory on some of the details.

Name: Vincent Fisher (Generally goes by Fisher. He'll tolerate "Fish" if he really likes you.)
Age: 32
Planet: Persephone
Height: 6'1"
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

TgPE9.jpg


Bio:

A man with a guarded but seemingly complicated past if certain battle scars are any indication. Vincent Fisher is a bounty hunter, and it seems that's really just about all anyone knows.

Over the past years, Fisher's effectiveness as such has been getting a fair amount of praise via word-of-mouth. At first glance he doesn't seem very vicious or threatening, but few can argue with results. He has yet to fail a job, though mainly because he is careful in which he accepts. While he's skilled in what he does and quite clever, there are some things even he would consider too risky. Potentially running into heavy Alliance or Reavers are two things he likes to avoid in particular.

Fisher travels alone, though that does not mean he dislikes the attention of women. Word of his flirtatious nature spread almost nearly as fast as his skill as a hunter. He does have one constant companion, however; His dog, Kang. Kang is fiercely loyal, and an incredible asset when sniffing out his targets.

Fisher isn't very talkative about his past, especially the portion that might indicate how he acquired one notable feature: His synthetic arm. A high tech implant not in common circulation or even the black market, the cybernetic right arm is an incredible piece of work. The few that know about it speculate he lost his arm in an encounter with Reavers, though how he acquired the replacement is still a mystery. He also seems to dislike the subject of the Unification War, and will change the subject the first chance he can.

As of recently, a new and sizable bounty has presented itself to Fisher, and he plans on locating the ship this target is currently residing on... Nightfall.

Abilities/Skills/Disadvantages:

Fisher is a solid pilot. He flies his own personal Errikson salvage craft with some custom modifications. Not exactly an ace, however.

Fisher's claim to fame is perhaps his marksmanship. For bounties that do not require his target to be living he takes a liking to distance sniper shots, having once managed a kill at a distance of 2300 meters. He keeps a shorter range pistol at hand and will likely be able to put a bullet in your head before you can even glance down the sight of your own weapon.

In unarmed combat, Fisher can hold his own fairly well, though he seems to have very little, if any, formal training in that regard. His fighting style is more that of a wild brawler than any master of karate, but this unpredictability can play to his advantage. Additionally, if desperate he can lean on the advantages of his synthetic arm which greatly increases the damage from any blow the right arm gives. The limb is incredibly resistant to damage, fire, shock, or shrapnel and can crush at a strength exponentially higher than that of a normal human.

Unfortunately Fisher's body seems to be experiencing some rejection to the limb's synthetic tissue, often causing him a great deal of pain. This requires him to take regular doses of a high power painkiller. Fighting the addiction alone is an arduous process, and he often fears succumbing entirely.

Fisher is reasonably clever, though not necessarily the most book smart. Some would consider him charismatic, though his ego and chatty nature could just as easily turn off others. Few understand how one as seemingly as social as he is travels with only a dog to talk to.

The dog, Kang, is loyal to Fisher only. He will play nice when master is around but if he detects any foul play, Kang will show little mercy.​
 
Also Fisher's target is vague because as of now I don't actually have one. I just figured it could make things more interesting from the start if he wasn't already a part of the crew but was hunting one of them instead.

Changing his mind from completing his task to joining the crew might be complicated, though. Maybe they offer him more money. Maybe he only plays along until he can set up a trap. Maybe they can appeal to his good side (but it would have to be a masterful performance, hope your Cha stat is high).

If no ideas really present themselves then I may just rework it to him being a part of the crew or him joining for some other reason.
 
Also Fisher's target is vague because as of now I don't actually have one. I just figured it could make things more interesting from the start if he wasn't already a part of the crew but was hunting one of them instead.

Changing his mind from completing his task to joining the crew might be complicated, though. Maybe they offer him more money. Maybe he only plays along until he can set up a trap. Maybe they can appeal to his good side (but it would have to be a masterful performance, hope your Cha stat is high).

If no ideas really present themselves then I may just rework it to him being a part of the crew or him joining for some other reason.

I dig it.

Go "Fish!" (Sorry, hadda say it.)

I like that the cyborg arm will be kind of a blind spot for Rosa Mac's neuropsychic ability.

Maybe one of our characters has committed some infraction in the past, maybe on some border world, like Jayne did in Canton? Maybe they don't even realize what they did was bounty-worthy? Those rimworld baronies gots some funny rules.

Or he could be after Rosa, if The Academy has gotten wise to her still bein' walkin' and talkin'.

EDIT: Or, duh, more obviously, he could be sent by the Cap'n's family to bring her back to that jilted groom?
 
Last edited:
Also: Bradley Cooper! (We have a very pretty cast so far. Way too pretty for God to let us die.)

You can get reference material of him fighting people in "Limitless" and, briefly, in an episode of "Alias."
 
You did notice the picture Tears put up as our valiant leader wearing something a Companion would proudly wear didn't you?
 
Back
Top