Miss Molly's Tea Room

MollyDolly

50 Shades of Cray
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Posts
37,681
Welcome to my cozy corner of The Playground!

This is a place to drop in, say hello, and share- jokes, pictures, news, blurts, good conversation, a cup of tea (or a margarita!), and whatever else is interesting!

Best manners only… don’t make Miss Molly have to smack a bitch ;)

modern-tea-house-homedit1.jpg
 
I'll start the sharing with one of my paintings! Here is my take on a 1964 Frank Stella piece. I'm still learning! :)
 

Attachments

  • Stella Inspired Piece.jpg
    Stella Inspired Piece.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 258
Hi Molly - nice place you have here!!!

Like one of my photos for the wall??
 
Welcome to my cozy corner of The Playground!

This is a place to drop in, say hello, and share- jokes, pictures, news, blurts, good conversation, a cup of tea (or a margarita!), and whatever else is interesting!

Best manners only… don’t make Miss Molly have to smack a bitch ;)

modern-tea-house-homedit1.jpg

Hi!

I would LOVE to have a living room just like the picture, except change one of the walls with full length mirrors and install a couple of floor to ceiling poles along the middle. ;):)

Just thought I'd say hi. :)

A hello to Don as well.
 
Hope this exclusive photo of the hilltop village of Gordes in Provence, France will look good on the wall!:)
Oh, it's beautiful, Don! Thank you! And I assume, with it being an exclusive photo, that you were here! You are very lucky to have travelled to such a lovely place! :)
 
Hi!

I would LOVE to have a living room just like the picture, except change one of the walls with full length mirrors and install a couple of floor to ceiling poles along the middle. ;):)

Just thought I'd say hi. :)

A hello to Don as well.
Hey Minxi! :) We'll definitely have to redecorate a little. It's tough to find a picture of a modern tea room/stripper hangout/discotheque/bar! :D
 
Good morning/afternoon!

I like Black teas. Earl grey or Darjeeling if you got it. ;):D
 
Oh, it's beautiful, Don! Thank you! And I assume, with it being an exclusive photo, that you were here! You are very lucky to have travelled to such a lovely place! :)

We spent the afternoon there - it was amazing...It's where they filmed "A Good Year" with George Clooney:D
 
Good morning/afternoon!

I like Black teas. Earl grey or Darjeeling if you got it. ;):D
Anything you like- I'm partial to a fruity herbal tea myself, but I stock many different types for company! :)

We spent the afternoon there - it was amazing...It's where they filmed "A Good Year" with George Clooney:D
Oh boy. I need to travel a little. I mean, Canada is beautiful, but maybe I could even see more of Canada! I never get the time or money to really go anywhere. Someday :)

A real bookworm's paradise. :)

Ahaha! No, don't redecorate it, it's lovely the way it is. :)
So... a portable stripper pole to bring out for parties? :D
 
Oh, wow! I so lurrrrrrrrveeeeeeeee this place ... and especially the instructions someone has left on how to make tea ....


  • First of all, one should use Indian tea. Chinese tea has a virtue - it's economical, which makes it more tasteless than telling someone suffering depression to 'pull themselves together'.

  • Tea should be made in small quantities - in a teapot. Tea out of an urn is horrible. Tea-bagging means dipping testicles into the open mouth of another person - nothing to do with tea at all.

  • The pot should be warmed beforehand. Better done by placing it on the hob than by the usual method of swilling it out with hot water.

  • The tea should be strong. One spoon of loose tea for each person present, and one for the person you're expecting.

  • The tea should be put straight into the pot. No strainers, muslin bags or other devices to imprison the tea. If the tea is not loose in the pot it never infuses properly.

  • Take the teapot to the kettle and not the other way about. The water should be actually boiling at the moment of impact. The water in the kettle will go far too cold if you carry it the two paces to the teapot.

  • After making the tea, one should stir, and afterwards allow the leaves to settle.

  • Pour the cream off the milk before using it in the tea. Milk that is too creamy always gives tea a sickly taste.

  • Tea poured first. All you milk-first school can bring forward your arguments, and I'll be happy to debate the subject until it's decided I'm right in saying one is liable to put in too much milk if one goes the 'milk first' route
 
Can I have a spot of tea? :)
It seems Kylan is the resident tea expert here. *whispers* I wouldn't argue the milk-first route with him ;)

Oh, wow! I so lurrrrrrrrveeeeeeeee this place ... and especially the instructions someone has left on how to make tea ....
Boy, I'm glad you found those and not the other instructions...

  • Call Miss Molly.

  • Ask her to make you tea.

:D
 
Back
Top