New Poetry Recommendations

Wednesday's Review

.
13 pieces are up today, another Wednesday, now in the middle of August. Nights here turning cool {already?!!}; need to close those windows.

In keeping with this change, Sissy Adele Howells brings us a note on this turn of events with Goodbye Summer 2006. See what you can suggest - if you think it needs it - for tightening up this little piece.

HisHarlot debuts today with The Candle Flame. The piece shows promise; give it a read, comment, and welcome the poet.

Seduceros2 has 3 pieces out today, 2 of which caught my eye. Countdown may be listed as 'Erotic' but I found it to be rather cute and amusing. I found Roadside Vampire Haiku to be especially appealing if it's viewed as a metaphor and not as a purely vampire piece. Interesting thought ~ roses bloom on sheets but not on the pillow; perhaps it's not the neck that's been pierced.

jinnjenn gives us an interesting piece in reverie.

Liar brings us today's best piece {subjective judgement, I must admit} with his High.

So now you know what I think. Now give 'em all a read and see what you think and give the poets some feedback.

.
 
Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 19, 2006

So Hard by lostandfounder I enjoyed the trail of words in this poem as much as I enjoyed it's meaning!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


modus vivendi

by liar what is... 'modus vivendi'...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyramid

by tungtied2u ... wistful thinking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Poems List Have a quality Day (~_~)
 
Monday line-up of tongues sprung from the pens of Sensual

Just 6 new poems and I found 2 to trip the trigger to turn on..Oh..I like that line ...must be a poem there somewhere ....

My picks:

Lingua Intima by KR Deeply passionate lovers tasting the magic of love...cheers on the E
~~~~~~~~~and
Tongue by Vampiredust

strums our strings with one of his best so far .... play on ...Christian...nice attention to detail..


Ta...all..
 
Last edited:
Wednesday's Review

.

With Chocolat playing in the background, let's see what's enticing today. 17 new pieces up, 10 of them illustrated. I'll save the illustrated ones till last; first let's see what the 7 look like.

AnnaVenus69 has a sad and moving piece on display in her Silence.

oregon_gal has an unusual erotic piece, aptly titled, Erotic Poetry. The mind is the most sensual human organ, no doubt.

marvelous4all has a bit of a quirky piece. At first I was about to dismiss it; it doesn't look like a poem's supposed to look {what ever the hell that means}. But I went ahead and dove in and read it and found it to be original, twitching the corners of my mouth. So, by all means try Edit for yourself and see what you think.

Now let's see if I can conjure up an intelligent thought or two for the illustrated poems {whose number have shrunk by 2 - now there's only 8}.

neonurotic has a wonderful piece in Amelia with which any parent can identify. And keeping color out of the illustration is a good idea ~ the words have all the color needed.

Well, these are the ones that caught my eye today. There are quite a few more in today's listing you might want to peruse, perhaps the offerings from RedHairedandFriendly or Tristesse2 will appeal. Give them all a try and see what you think and give the poets your valued feedback.

.
 
Friday Review

I'm pitching in today in Sex & Death's absence (hope you get back on your feet soon S&D). Twenty-one new poems are up today, including Gothica_Exotica's The Wall which is prosey but poetically broken, articulate and hot for those who like domination scenes. A ghostly chapel is revived in Nigel Debonnaire's non-erotic Hickory Creek Chapel. Vampiredust's much reworked Oolichan is up and worth a read, especially to compare to the first and see how he has revised (made much more solid, VD) as well as his foreboding Waterproofing. Sapphos Sister continues the dark thread with her vividly imaged Bruises. On a brighter note, form lovers may enjoy JinnJenn's abstract loops. (JinnJenn had two up today, I just liked loops best.)

Seduceros2 will please nature lovers with his sexy and erudite All Week the Waves. jhulse23 had three prosey pieces (correction: four) with punch line endings that may appeal to those who like that style (I plead guilty to having written a couple of these myself); of these I like The Dilemma the best. Whew! There are many poems not mentioned here that may strike the fancies of those interested in domination or philosophy. (Lots of domination poems! Wow!)
 
Last edited:
WickedEve said:
Oh, you're good!
Great review. Now I'm hot to get to the new poems and start reading. ;)

that was well-done, wasn't it. :)

and i especially second three of cherries-on-snow's choices,

Nigel Debonnaire's Hickory Creek Chapel (and peek at his other poems . . . there is nary a comment there, despite their decent quality).

Vampiredust's Waterproofing.

Seduceros2's All Week the Waves.


some good reading today.

:)
 
New Poem Reviews
Saturday 26

there are 15 poems this day (~_*) ...New Poems List

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mars as a Planet by UBU a jig-saw puzzle of images (my opinion) that lures the reader many places, including Mars...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

conversations by HotKittySpank

clip~ "in arcs through me
let us shine in our
mediocrity, free"

I think you will enjoy Hot's conversation <bigrin'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...and for those who like Hot! poetry <bigrin
August Nights by LadyShambles

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..and for those who love prose...
dream by drab_man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a quality weekend (~_~)
 
Last edited:
Not many up today...

One struck a chord with
Beautiful In Rain by Sex&Death ©
am hoping SD is on the mend...and dancing somewhere in showering elements of liquid sunshine..in cloud resonation...

am off to shore up from the storm...blue
 
Wednesday's Review

.

14 pieces up today, over half by newbies.

Creamella has a number of poems up today, her Cruel seems to be the best one for this first time submitter. Just have to get past all those parentheses and ellipses.

vampiredust has a good pair out today. Check out Love Letter and Brainstorming, the last line of which says it all.

Finally, another newbie, MistressBella, has an interesting piece out today in Mirror Images, praises for someone who'll never leave her.

Give 'em all a read and enrich their poets with some valued feedback.

.
 
Thursday's Review

Thursday's review: 11 new poems including seannelson's interesting crazyquilt about an independent hamburger joint (feels rather tongue in cheek in places), Voyaging to a Hamburger Joint. That last one was awarded an E. Congrats, sean.

WildSweetOne picks up seannelson's bee meme in Watch Out for Bumblebees. And watch out for the interesting acrostic in writermike's Awoke. Do you think he means it? You be the judge. Maybe I just like lesbian poetry, but I was drawn to Sapphos Sister's Mermaids and I liked Diamond in the Black in spite of a minor typo (can happen to anyone). And if you are in the mood for a little angst, check out DilutedPoet's Void.

Happy reading, everyone.
 
Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 2, 2006

These were not out yesterday morning when I came to read. 17 poems surfaced this Saturday... I found delight in these two!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an Ode to Kerouac
by seannelson... I enjoyed this lil' tale of a poetic trail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tick, tock; tick, tock; tick, tock
by sonofmydad this poem's poetic beat (ryhm) tells of time... waiting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

wishing everyone a safe and pleasant Labor Day Weekend (~_~)
 
Happy Labor Day ..Monday Reviews

Swollen
by Victoria_Lucas ©
Has earned an E for a great deal of sex in overdrive...

The Origin of Prayer
one of several by this new author SpectaclesInSkirt this being the most interesting...clever lines and good use of ideas..welcome to lit...

have a rested holiday...blue
 
wow... Don't miss

the handful of poems submitted today by: SpectaclesInSkirt The rousing echo in Klimt had me peeking back at the new poem page looking for an E, while Necks raised the hair on my neck with some very erotic phrasing and the last few lines alone raise the idea of communication to something so much more... read the lines and bask in the afterglow:

"that the trick to communication is language.
but really, it's the propulsion of breath.
and sounds of loosening.
take into mouth, not out.
good.
oh. "


this is poetry, this is erotica, this is Spectaclesinskirt.


this is some of the best I've seen since seduceros wowed me.

Spectaclesinskirt I hope you stick around some and don't let the medocrites run you off.


Wonderful stuff...
 
Last edited:
bluerains said:
Swollen
by Victoria_Lucas ©
Has earned an E for a great deal of sex in overdrive...

The Origin of Prayer
one of several by this new author SpectaclesInSkirt this being the most interesting...clever lines and good use of ideas..welcome to lit...

have a rested holiday...blue

Great call on SpectaclesInSkirt especially. I'll be reading that one a few more times to be sure. Thanks, Blue!
 
Good idea, RainMan. I think Necks is my favorite, but all are worth reading: quite innovative writing, a little wild and reminiscent of Anna's I think. Gorgeous.
 
Back
Top