Jungle Mystery (Closed)

Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

Again with this dark spirit protectors. He had in front of him one of the so-called spirits and she looked very human to him. He said in English

"Well seems like the spirits is human, so maybe he just has a dedicated bodyguard"
 
She tilted her head looking to him for a moment... then speaking.

Human.. yes... maybe... Not like me.

This confused her more at how she could understand him.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He looked up at her, he really didn't expect her to know English. But her words was even stranger.

"They are human, but not like you? Well at least I know that I don't have to try and kill a ghost or something"

He tucked the charm back under his suit

"The old woman, the witch? She asked me if I could free the villagers, do you have any idea how I can get a signal or message to them to get away before I blow up the place?"

He had moved over to his assault rifle and slung it back over his shoulder and settled it onto his back, cautiously taking in her reaction to him retrieving his weapons
 
They are all soldier now... minds not their own. I will explain to her.

Watching him go for weapons she leaped back some with a snarl. Eyes warily watching him.

How do you think you will do this... Killing Gom~Nie?

She knew the pain those weapons can cause when not sounding like thunder. Other soldiers mistook her for some fragile weak little native and tried to take advantage of that much to their own demise. She had however not come away unscathed from it either.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Relax, I'm not going to harm you as you clearly aren't trying to rip my throat out anymore"

He picked up his sniper rifle and then looked back at her as he squatted in the shadow of a tree.

"First I am going to shoot him through the head, then blow up his house with powerful explosives. That usually works to kill other people"
 
She watched him closely for a bit longer.

You think that will kill him? Maybe it will...

She looked around.

There are no others here with you? Why?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Elders don't say, they send me alone to kill Gom~Nie, say it easiest way"

He nodded towards the village

"Witch said that many other groups of soldiers passed here and they got killed by Gom~Nie and you"
 
Soldiers try to bring harm to more than they were sent for.

She watched him carefully not sure what his reaction would be to the fact that she had killed some of the soldiers.

They tried to harm villagers... animals... hunt me instead of going after Gom~Nie.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He looked at her, actually intrigued at how the groups of soldiers would actually go after her. Then he shrugged

"Then they were stupid, not doing what they were sent to do"

He looked around, then back at her

"I need to get to Gom~Nie's place, you are sure that you don't want to kill me anymore?"
 
She gave you stone... you are safe. I can help you.

She watched him still unsure about the rifles and guns but the old woman gave him a stone so the ancients must deem him safe. standing she began to move...

Lets go.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He followed her, interested how her skins helped her to melt into the shadows and grass. He felt more like he was some kind of beacon as both the old woman and this Keira have found him without much of a problem. He flexed his shoulder a bit, Keira landed quite hard on him, he could see how she killed the other soldiers.
 
She seemed to move like the animals leaving little disturbed around her. Quickly moving towards the west of the compound towards more jungle and stopped at the edge of the tree line near one of the fences of the compound.

There is Gom~Nie's camp...this area soldiers not frequent too much... old part of compound... Too many wild animals try to get through here. Make it easier to get in here.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He nodded, silently slipping out of his camouflage suit which would make a noise, he activated the thermal imaging on the goggles of his mask. He followed the movement of the guards he could see and after a while switched to the less power draining night vision. So far this mission was a milk run, but he figured that with these "dark spirit" guards protecting the war lord, he would have to strike from a distance. Pulling wire from his suit, he bypassed a part of the electric fence, cutting a hole in the safe area, he slipped inside. He had to be extremely careful, the only weapons he had with him was his blades and pistol. He stuck to the shadows, the moonlight would have made him stand out if he didn't. Pretty soon he was busy setting the explosive charges, true to his name he didn't have to kill anybody as he slid past them unseen and unheard.
 
She watched him and the guards wandering around. Realizing they were getting a little too close to him she moved over and intentionally activated one of the traps in the opposite direction from him and knew well the guards would move to investigate. Flailing in the trap she hissed and slashed at the guards as they began to surround her leaving him wide open to continue his work.

The guards cut her down and guided her away and as she played along... it was clear she had "something up her sleeve" as she followed them for now.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

From the corner of one building he watched as she got captured, he shook his head and disappeared into the shadows again. He had a job to do and he would get to helping her as soon as he could.
 
She was brought before Gom~Nie and his personal guards hissing and fighting the entire way as she thrown into the make shift building. Her capture seemed to distract the whole camp from their normal duties as various soldiers cleared out of places in his path and almost marking a path for him to follow to strike many sensitive areas.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

It was early, two hours before daybreak, when he finally ran out of explosives, he was sure that when he pressed that detonator, nothing would come alive out of the compound. Not even a spirit. The four guards on duty at the building where they had thrown her in was drowsy, it seems like they thought, she was the only threat in these parts. Fools. Drawing his machete and pistol he sneaked up on them, shortly afterward and at the cost of only one bullet, he opened the door to crude building. The guard inside didn't know what struck him as a bullet took half of the back of his head away. Moving quickly he got the keys, unlocked the door to the only room they had and pushed it open, he saw that she was tied up, but if he was a bit late, she would have been free. He gave her a grin and tossed her the machete,

"Let's get out of here"
 
She shook her head no and moved to what looked like a wall and shoved hard at it opening a hidden door but was surprised to find the room she had watched Gom~Nie enter was empty and hissed.

Fine lets go... We hunt him later

She had been smacked around a little and had the beginnings of a few bruises on her and she licked at the blood on her lip as she moved to follow him pulling her own dagger from the body of one of this personal guards.

Dark guardian... She said pointing to the body. A fairly massive in size communist Chinese soldier lay there dead his hands still on the belt of his pants and a shocked look on his face.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He grinned

"Well kind of human after all"

He gently pushed the door open, making sure everything was still quiet and then he moved out. Quickly and silently making his way back to where his gear was, there was a small rise just outside the compound, he could kill the guards stationed there, then kill the warlord and detonate the explosives. As they waited at the corner of one building he looked at her and found that she had some bruising on her face. He reached out and ran the thumb of his gloved hand over the bruise under her cheekbone,

"Soon they will pay for that."

The whisper was so soft that only she could have heard it, the guard moved away and they slipped past him.
 
She said nothing in reply for now but kept moving till they could exit the grounds of this place and away from whatever his plans were for it.

Once far enough away there by his gear she crouched low wanting to see what he had in mind for this place. Her eyes intent as she stared in at the camp still not happy that Gom~Nie had escaped again.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

After gathering his gear and slipping back into the suit he set off, aiming for the rise, when the sun rose, it would be behind him and he would also not have to deal with reflection from his scope. There was two guards, he sneaked up close to them, the pistol coughed twice and the bodies fell lifeless to the ground. Setting up his rifle he looked down, yes he had a very good view even through the night sights. He switched off the night vision on his mask and settled down to wait, the detonator just an inch from his left hand. He looked at Keira and found her nearby, looking down towards the compound.

"You have a great hate for Gom~Nie,"

This time he spoke in the native tongue as it was something she seemed more familiar with.
 
She nodded but remained quiet for now. However her mood seemed to be echoed in the noises of animals waking around them. She called out in each of their unique sounds and possibly told them to leave the area as their calls and cries seemed to move away from their location.

She listened to them then nodded to him that the animals were safely away.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He frowned as she seemed to imitate every creature that he had ever heard about. It was not just strange, it was unheard of. This woman truly was an enigma and unless he spent more time with her, he would only know that she could literally speak to wild animals, moved like a shadow and hated most people unless they had a charm. Interesting to be honest. It was several minutes later that the sun started to come up, it's rays casting a myriad of colors through the sky. Below them people started to move about, Ryan settled in behind the scope, adjusting his sights to incorporate the changing light and waited patiently. Finally he was rewarded as the sliding door on the second floor opened and Gom~Nie stepped out, cigar in one hand and a mug of coffee in the other. Ryan sighted carefully and stroked the trigger, Gom~Nie was busy taking a sip from his coffee and suddenly his head snapped back, splattering the door behind him with blood. Ryan grabbed the detonator and pushed the button, the explosion was huge as ammunition, fuel and gas all erupted at the same time, he shielded his eyes from the explosion and felt the shock wave along with heat washing over them. He looked down at the compound and found that some of the buildings was still standing, but there wasn't much left of anything or anybody down there.
 
She crouched there with him watching what all happened. Hissing when she saw Gom~Nie until his head snapped back and the blood splattered behind him. A smile came to her lips almost like that of a predator finally seeing their prey fall for the last time.

She nudged him and smiled watching the camp burning.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Wasn't that difficult after all, thanks for the help though. If you didn't get caught I would probably still be down there setting charges"

He looked at the area, watching the devastation and smiled to himself, the chief got to be happy with this result.
 
Back
Top