What Will the GOP Do About the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Roy Moore?

But with Strange having been so soundly rejected in the primary, it’s hard to see a huge surge of Republicans writing in his name, outside of the suburbs of Birmingham.
The write in piece is hard to overcome. Still Strange's "sound rejection" by the electorate got him a bigger share of the vote than Trump had in the Presidential primaries at the point he locked up the nomination. (Trump was a little shy of 42% when he locked and then ran the total up a bit.) Getting a Republican in the seat might be enough of a motivation if there's enough support for a write in campaign from state GOp leaders.

Pulling a Harry Reid style threat to not seat the IL appointment in 2008 raises a tough Constitutional law issue. Reid may well have been making a threat that the courts would overturn. After being seated, expulsion is an option. It would have to get recommended by the Select Committee on Ethics (composed of 6 members, 3 from each party.) Expulsion takes a 2/3 vote from the entire Senate which may well be possible; that's about 1/3 of Republicans plus all the Democratic Senators. That would kick things back to Alabama to again fill the vacant seat. Alabama allows appointments by the Governor until a special election is held meaning it wouldn't be vacant long. The current appointee might even be willing to take some off and then accept reappointment. His name is Sen. Luther Strange.
 
Nothing, it's too late to pull his name off the ballot. The plot to unseat Moore will continue but without credible evidence of criminality I don't see anything happening.
 
This is unusual. "The Republicans are facing a lose-lose proposition."

Another Democrat in Congress is their best option ?
 
It's interesting to note the differences between the way Republicans act when they've been found out sexually harassing women/girls, and the way Democrats react.

Look at Bill O'Reilly and Roy Moore. In both cases they claim it's all a plot to destroy them, that God let them down, they're being persecuted, and so on. Not a gram of personal responsibility anywhere. They and their supporters drag it out for months, if not years.

Compare that to Weinstein, Spacey and Louis C. K. Immediate and unequivocal severing of all ties by people associated with them. Movies not being shown, shows being cancelled, removal from associations, police investigations, and so on.

As we have also seen, supporters or Moore are rallying round him whereas these same people are jeering C.K. and the others even though in both cases, there are only accusations.

Just shows the hypocrisy of the uneducated. But Clinton!

It's also interesting to note Moore was a Dem. when these incidents allegedly occurred. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore
 
If Moore had seduced an under age, trans gender, half sister, black goat, he would win in a landslide - cos this is Alabammy. ;)
 
they'll do what they're already doing......bash on clinton and weiner, all the while denying it ever happened and if it did, it's just normal behavior. then, in a couple of years, they'll nominate him for president.
 
What's most appalling to me is all the people who back him knowing full well he has clearly stated he is not interested in upholding the US Constitution.

That an unprovable accusation is worse that what he says he takes pride in.
 
What's most appalling to me is all the people who back him knowing full well he has clearly stated he is not interested in upholding the US Constitution.

That an unprovable accusation is worse that what he says he takes pride in.
'
There isn't a Democrat alive who isn't advocating violating the Constitution.:rolleyes:
 
MARK LEVIN Exposes WaPo Hit Piece on Judge Moore As Complete Fabrication
November 10, 2017 by Jim Hoft

"Mark asked his audience: How did the WaPo know there were four women, who they were, and how to contact them?… A Washington Post reporter just happens to be in Alabama talking to Roy Moore supporters… And he happens to hear what no one has reported in 38 years, no political opponents – No one… That Roy Moore, 38 years ago, made advances to teenage girls. Four of them. Now, the four girls do not know each other, they have never met. Yet the person who the Post reporter happened to run into and speak to, the person who supposedly told the reporter the story about the four girls, happened to know all four girls and how to contact them?
Seriously?"

Also, Mitch McConnell is asking Roy Moore to step aside if he is guilty of the accusations against him. But McConnell says NOTHING about Bob Menendez a sitting U.S. Senator who is on trial for corruption charges and lewd behavior with minors? Why is it that Republicans don’t demand his resignation? Isn’t it amazing that Republicans knew what to say right on cue? They are ready to recruit Luther Strange as a write-in guy.

Rest here:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...o-hit-piece-judge-moore-complete-fabrication/

And here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5N8mnI4sv0
 
According to a former prosecutor who used to work with the pedophile Moore:

"It was common knowledge that Roy dated high school girls, everyone we knew thought it was weird," former deputy district attorney Teresa Jones told CNN in comments aired Saturday. "We wondered why someone his age would hang out at high school football games and the mall ... but you really wouldn't say anything to someone like that."​

A former boyfriend of one of the victims had this to say:

Mike Ortiz, an ex-boyfriend of Corfman told CNN she relayed the story to him when they dated for about two years around 2009. Corfman's description to the Post fits what she told him to a tee, he said.

"But I believed her when she told me and I still believe her," he said on CNN. "She wouldn't lie about something like that."​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teresa-jones-says-roy-moore-common-knowledge-dated-teens/
 
If Moore had seduced an under age, trans gender, half sister, black goat, he would win in a landslide - cos this is Alabammy. ;)

Matter of fact, it might help Moore politically if it turns out his youngest victim is a first cousin.

But don't worry, in any case, the sanctimonious GOP will solve all of its problems by sending out its all powerful and all healing thoughts and prayers.
 
The National Republican Senatorial Committee is ending its fundraising agreement with Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/republican_senatatorial_commit.html#incart_big-photo



AL.com

@aldotcom
·
7h
.@IvanaSuzette tried to get Roy Moore to answer questions this morning, but he left through a side door

(link to facebook video)

Alabama Still Loves Roy Moore!

Moore spoke at the Mid-Alabama Republican Club around 9 a.m. Saturday as about a dozen protesters gathered outside. He declined to answer reporters' questions as he entered or exited the building.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/i...re_in_vestavia_hills_fo.html#incart_big-photo

Lamblast the Swamp, Take money from the Swamp, Get rejected by the Swamp

After chastising the Washington establishment for funneling money to Republican primary opponent Luther Strange, GOP nominee Roy Moore appears to now be seeking some of thThe 2017 Alabama Senate Victory Committee is a political action committee formed Tuesday that brings together Moore's campaign, the Alabama Republican Party, the NSRC and the RNC as a "joint fundraising committee," according to a filing with the Federal Election Commission.

Moore will also be the beneficiary of a Nov. 1 fundraiser in Washington hosted by U.S. Sens. Rand Paul and Mike Lee, who have both given Moore their endorsement in the Dec. 12 race.

Armistead said in the statement. "Judge Moore welcomes the support of Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, John Cornyn, and other conservative senators who are committed to cutting taxes, securing our borders, and preserving our Constitutional rights.

"As we head towards December 12, Judge Moore's message is resonating with voters in Alabama and across the country.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/10/is_roy_moore_jumping_in_the_sw.html
 
But in an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity on his radio show Friday afternoon, Moore did not outright deny dating teenagers when he was in his 30s, giving several conflicting answers after being pressed by Hannity.

When Hannity asked Moore if he had ever dated 16-, 17- or 18-year-olds, he answered "not generally, no" and added that dating a girl in her late teens "would have been out of my customary behavior."

"I don't remember dating any girl without the permission of her mother," Moore also said.

Later the former Alabama chief justice said he did not recall ever dating a girl in her late teens and agreed that it would have been "inappropriate."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-in-sexual-misconduct-moore-says-in-statement

The guy is a pedo!
 
If a 32 year old guy came anywhere near a 14, 16 or 18 year old daughter, most guys would hurt him bad.
 
Not as interesting as the fact that all the "lying" girls in on this "plot" to take down Moore are good Southern Republicans, and voted for Dump.

So they all turned Antifa overnight, did they?

Good point.

Kinda funny how some conservatives are as happy as pigs in shit at the Hollywood scandals but are breaking their butts to defend this sleazy perv.
 
Not as interesting as the fact that all the "lying" girls in on this "plot" to take down Moore are good Southern Republicans, and voted for Dump.

So they all turned Antifa overnight, did they?

How do you know that? :confused: And they're all in their fifties now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top