When does SNL mock the North Korean cheerleaders?

You might note the US Constitution 1st Amendment grants people and the media FREEDOM to say whatever the fuck we/they want.

SNL doesn't claim to present news, unlike FauxNewz bullshit. SNL is a humor and satire program. The Faux propaganda channel spews bogosity with a straight face. Approach FauxNewz with as you would SNL and you won't be disappointed. Except Faux has better graphics while SNL has better music.

FauxNews execs and staff report they're instructed by upper management to "make stuff up". They work at that. SNL need merely echo Faux and WH pronouncements to be funny. Some jokes write themselves. (Hey, Donnie!)

You are readily willing to except and exhibit that FOX news has a political bias in opposition to what is expected of a news outlet but are completely unwilling to except that SNL has a political bias where it has no requirement to remain unbiased. How do you expect anyone to to take you seriously when you are oblivious to the obvious?

You are readily willing to except and exhibit that FOX news has a political bias in opposition to what is expected of a news outlet but are completely unwilling to except that SNL has a political bias where it has no requirement to remain unbiased. How do you expect anyone to to take you seriously when you are oblivious to the obvious?

It's not called SNL news. Nor does it have "Fair & Balanced" as a tagline. Just a thought.

;)

Conservatives have a hard time distinguishing satire television shows from actual news media outlets. MAGA indeed!

Conservatives have a hard time distinguishing satire television shows from actual news media outlets. MAGA indeed!

Television shows can be political biased. Yes it's allowed. And yes, it exists. Rolling Stone magazine is politically biased, also entertainment media. News outlets can be politically biased. Not supposed to be by the old rules, but they are.

I think I just made that distinction pretty clear. Do you think SNL has a political bias?

Well of course some of their skits do. They always have. And what is your point? They've been making fun of politicians and politics since its inception. Ford's falling, Clinton's sex issues, Bush's language, Obama's straightlaced-ness and Trump's... well Trumpiness.

Do you think they should handle Trump with kid gloves? If so, why? Why should Trump be excluded from their tradition of political lambasting?

Fox is ostensibly a news program that falsely claims to be fair and balanced.

SNL is an entertainment skit comedy show that makes no such claim of being a news show, and in fact has a long history of political mischief making.

So again, what's your point? Do you think SNL and Fox News should be held to the same standards? If so, Fox fails far more than SNL does.

Well of course some of their skits do. They always have. And what is your point? They've been making fun of politicians and politics since its inception. Ford's falling, Clinton's sex issues, Bush's language, Obama's straightlaced-ness and Trump's... well Trumpiness.

Do you think they should handle Trump with kid gloves? If so, why? Why should Trump be excluded from their tradition of political lambasting?

Fox is ostensibly a news program that falsely claims to be fair and balanced.

SNL is an entertainment skit comedy show that makes no such claim of being a news show, and in fact has a long history of political mischief making.

So again, what's your point? Do you think SNL and Fox News should be held to the same standards? If so, Fox fails far more than SNL does.

Do you think SNL has a political bias or not? And once again, I made the distinction between the accepted entertainment and news political bias expectations clear. This is not an attempt to equate them.

Do you think SNL has a political bias or not? And once again, I made the distinction between the accepted entertainment and news political bias expectations clear. This is not an attempt to equate them.

I already answered that some of their skits do. Do you want me to critique the political bias of the show against skits like the bass-o-matic or Eddie Murphy's neighborhood skits? Or Subliminal Man?

I think they have a money bias and play to their audience. Do they have a political bias when they make fun of Trump? Does that same political bias come into play when they make fun of Clinton? How about Obama? You seem to be having an issue specifically with the way they play Trump and how it resonates with their audience.

They are an entertainment show that has comedy skits that lambasts politicians.

Again what's your point?

I already answered that some of their skits do. Do you want me to critique the political bias of the show against skits like the bass-o-matic or Eddie Murphy's neighborhood skits? Or Subliminal Man?

I think they have a money bias and play to their audience. Do they have a political bias when they make fun of Trump? Does that same political bias come into play when they make fun of Clinton? How about Obama? You seem to be having an issue specifically with the way they play Trump and how it resonates with their audience.

They are an entertainment show that has comedy skits that lambasts politicians.

Again what's your point?

Perhaps your political bias detector is biased. Do you think that it is impossible for a television show to present a political bias? Or any entertainment media for that matter?

Perhaps your political bias detector is biased. Do you think that it is impossible for a television show to present a political bias? Or any entertainment media for that matter?

Still waiting for your point.

At first I thought it was funny. That was until I realized it was mean spirited. Nastiness is not humorous to me.

Like watching Letterman thru the years becoming more bitter and left leaning to the point that humor took a back seat.

Do you think SNL has a political bias or not?
Like all commercial media, SNL's production company has a financial bias. They identify a demographic, find material that will attract eyeballs they can sell to advertisers, and run with it. The US public is mostly liberal so it's not surprising that material they'll watch is presented.

Other media, like FauxNewz, target non-majority demographics to grab THEIR eyeballs to sell. The Faux audience is old and dying; Faux can't last much longer. But I'll bet SNL's producers would turn alt,right in an instant if they thought Nazi and Klan humor would be profitable.

And once again, I made the distinction between the accepted entertainment and news political bias expectations clear. This is not an attempt to equate them.
Easy solution: Move FauxNewz to Comedy Central. Label it a sketch comedy show like SNL. Then we needn't take it seriously. Faux was never a news channel. It is a propaganda outlet, long run by the ex-chair of the (R) party. "Fair and balanced" was always a sick joke. Stop pretending it presents 'news' and the problems vanish.

Like watching Letterman thru the years becoming more bitter and left leaning to the point that humor took a back seat.
See my prior post. Commercial media in USA survive by desperately grabbing eyeballs to sell to advertisers. Content providers target demographics and make shit the suckers will watch, er I mean produce attractive content for their focus-grouped and big-data-tested audience.

That's my verbose excuse for Letterman (whom my conservative dad loved but I never watched). If Letterman became "more bitter and left leaning" then so did his audience, a big chunk of America. He'd have been gone in a heartbeat if he (and his producers and writers) had misjudged his audience.

Mainstream media reflect national moods. Beware bitterness and rage on TV.

Like all commercial media, SNL's production company has a financial bias. They identify a demographic, find material that will attract eyeballs they can sell to advertisers, and run with it. The US public is mostly liberal so it's not surprising that material they'll watch is presented.

Other media, like FauxNewz, target non-majority demographics to grab THEIR eyeballs to sell. The Faux audience is old and dying; Faux can't last much longer. But I'll bet SNL's producers would turn alt,right in an instant if they thought Nazi and Klan humor would be profitable.

Easy solution: Move FauxNewz to Comedy Central. Label it a sketch comedy show like SNL. Then we needn't take it seriously. Faux was never a news channel. It is a propaganda outlet, long run by the ex-chair of the (R) party. "Fair and balanced" was always a sick joke. Stop pretending it presents 'news' and the problems vanish.
Fox News is the number one cable news channel in overall viewership and in the 25 to 54 demo. How do you figure their audience is old and dying?

Fox News is the number one cable news channel in overall viewership and in the 25 to 54 demo. How do you figure their audience is old and dying?

You have to be brain dead to watch fox not news

Do any of you Trump sheep think that Trump would be attacked by comedians if he wasn't the most antagonistic asshole on the planet?

Last edited:
Do any of you Trump sheep think that Trump would be attacked by comedians if he wasn't the most antagonistic asshole on the planet?

I love that your avatar picture shows what the Stable Genius would look like in a minimum security federal prison.

You have to be brain dead to watch fox not news

Doesn't change their ratings. Obviously a lot of people are watching them and not just old people.

I gargle for Fox News demographics and the first hit (from 1.5 years back) says,
The median age of a primetime Fox News viewer is 68, according to Nielsen. That means half of the channel's viewers are older than 68. CNN's median primetime viewer, meanwhile, is 59. Fox News still has more total viewers in the 25-to-54 demographic that advertisers covet, but CNN and others are gaining.
All TV news audiences are older. Faux's are the oldest. Bye.

And if anyone wants something really disturbing, Hannity has either the 1st or 2nd rated show in the country depending on what you read. Hannity.

Back