The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new furniture is a rich, deep brown. The husband wanted light brown walls. :rolleyes: It would look like a dung hill exploded.

I got blue paint.

One should only move furniture under protection from vermin. The dust bunnies tried to stage another coup and took up arms against me. It was the fluffy dog to the rescue. She chased them from the premises.

Brown on brown from hubby. :eek:

Blue with brown from you.

I'm going with the dust bunnies. :cool:

Rescuing Molly from being trapped in the wall.

Thank you. After all, the paint on the trim is still wet.

Brown on brown from hubby. :eek:

Blue with brown from you.

I'm going with the dust bunnies. :cool:

it's a very pale blue, almost white, to brighten the furniture and other furnishings.

If it ain't a picture, I ain't paintin'.

Ah, but it is a picture. I'm painting a picture of a perfectly appointed, warm and comfortable living area.

Man, I hate painting. Ugh. I don't even have the color picked out yet. :rolleyes:
I love painting. I would have been more than happy to help you out. Of course, this is coming from a woman who's been planning to re-paint her office for the last two years. Unfortunately, my mister is using my office as a dumping ground.

Maybe after this show is over, and before I'm cast in another, I'll get the office cleared out and re-painted. I can't stand the nasty gold-yellow in there now.

I love painting. I would have been more than happy to help you out. Of course, this is coming from a woman who's been planning to re-paint her office for the last two years. Unfortunately, my mister is using my office as a dumping ground.

Maybe after this show is over, and before I'm cast in another, I'll get the office cleared out and re-painted. I can't stand the nasty gold-yellow in there now.

I have no problems with the colors I have. It's the years of dirt and handprints.

In the spare room, there is a perfect little hand print of my daughter from her second year. I could never bring myself to wash it away. She's 11 now.

I have no problems with the colors I have. It's the years of dirt and handprints.

In the spare room, there is a perfect little hand print of my daughter from her second year. I could never bring myself to wash it away. She's 11 now.

I didn't choose the colors we have here, so I'm sure you'll understand why I'd want to change the office colors.

No, you're right about not washing away your daughter's handprint. If I had children, I'd feel the same way.

I didn't choose the colors we have here, so I'm sure you'll understand why I'd want to change the office colors.

No, you're right about not washing away your daughter's handprint. If I had children, I'd feel the same way.

I may have to cut the piece of wall out and frame it. The room must be painted soon.

the Princess is eleven? Gawd, you're making me feel old.:eek:

I know. Freaky, no? She's becoming quite the young woman--who's scoring a 95.6 in science. Imagine how well she would do if she would just apply herself. Her science teacher is so impressed with her, he just gushes.

She was 6 when she wrote her first story--about raindrops and riding the sky on a rainbow. She illustrated it and I have to tell you, it was a truly fine story. Her language arts teacher says she has a disturbingly clear grasp of writing and language and if she would just use punctuation, good spelling and capital letters, she would be pulling straight A's. See? She doesn't apply herself.

Oh, SweetWitch, I'm ready to cry now. Seriously. Four years ago today, it was confirmed that I'd miscarried. I'd just about kill to have an 11yo. Even one with a bad attitude.

Oh, SweetWitch, I'm ready to cry now. Seriously. Four years ago today, it was confirmed that I'd miscarried. I'd just about kill to have an 11yo. Even one with a bad attitude.

I'm sorry for your loss. I remember what it feels like.

I'm sorry for your loss. I remember what it feels like.

Thank you. After the second, and deciding that it just wasn't going to happen for me... well, I'd like to say it got easier, but at least I have a completely adorable nephew that I get to spend time with a couple times a year.

Also, I hate absinthe. I've never liked the taste of black licorice.

I may have to cut the piece of wall out and frame it. The room must be painted soon.

I know. Freaky, no? She's becoming quite the young woman--who's scoring a 95.6 in science. Imagine how well she would do if she would just apply herself. Her science teacher is so impressed with her, he just gushes.

She was 6 when she wrote her first story--about raindrops and riding the sky on a rainbow. She illustrated it and I have to tell you, it was a truly fine story. Her language arts teacher says she has a disturbingly clear grasp of writing and language and if she would just use punctuation, good spelling and capital letters, she would be pulling straight A's. See? She doesn't apply herself.

Sounds like a perfectly normal GATE kid to me. Why put out the effort when you can cruise to success. I did that for the first twelve years of my school career and graduated with honors. Then I got to the University and realized that I'd never learned to study. I didn't even come up for air for the first two years . . .

And I didn't learn to write until I got in the Army where my office manager had a MA in literary crit.

Being a polymath ain't all skiddles and beans, kiddies.

Thank you. After the second, and deciding that it just wasn't going to happen for me... well, I'd like to say it got easier, but at least I have a completely adorable nephew that I get to spend time with a couple times a year.

Also, I hate absinthe. I've never liked the taste of black licorice.

The lovely drink is a wonderful medicine for my aching back. I only take it medicinally. I've never been drunk on it.

There were 14 years between my two. The first--well, he was born far too early. The second--the princess--came along much later. Although it was a fairly dangerous (albeit unplanned) gestation, I wouldn't take it back. It was funny that I never worried about losing her. I felt far too fat, pregnant and sick the entire time. The doc said that was because it was a strong pregnancy. That kid nearly kicked my kidneys to death during her time in the womb. She was strong and had a desire to live. The child she is now has an incomparable zest for life.

Sounds like a perfectly normal GATE kid to me. Why put out the effort when you can cruise to success. I did that for the first twelve years of my school career and graduated with honors. Then I got to the University and realized that I'd never learned to study. I didn't even come up for air for the first two years . . .

And I didn't learn to write until I got in the Army where my office manager had a MA in literary crit.

Being a polymath ain't all skiddles and beans, kiddies.

I did the same thing, bear. College was shit. I realized I couldn't do anything, but left high school at the top of my class and never turned in my homework. Why bother? I could just ace the tests from what the teaches said in class. I remembered every word with perfect recall. Why study?

No wonder she's so smart, she clearly takes after her mother. :D

Do we get to see a picture of the completed room once it's painted and furnished?

Had fun in Portland today. Visited the Saturday market and found a really good pizza joint, yummy. I really wanted to try Voodo Doughnuts, but the line was out the door and down the block. Oregon coast tomorrow.

Morning all nakeds!

Wish I could stay long, but I have to work this afternoon and evening (1-9:30 PM, ugh!), and on top of that, it's Remembrance Day and I just get the dollar extra for working on a Sunday, instead of the 2.5 x my rate of hourly pay for working a holiday and 4 hours of regular pay tomorrow cause I got the day off!

Morning all nakeds!

Wish I could stay long, but I have to work this afternoon and evening (1-9:30 PM, ugh!), and on top of that, it's Remembrance Day and I just get the dollar extra for working on a Sunday, instead of the 2.5 x my rate of hourly pay for working a holiday and 4 hours of regular pay tomorrow cause I got the day off!

I spent a lot of my morning today on a Remembrance Day parade.
For a small village, we do all right for attendance.

The wet season has finally arrived and with it low temperatures. Lows in the forties (yeah, yeah, I know we are weather wimps) and highs in the low sixties. It won't be so bad once the heater is cleaned and usable but our heater guy is at his grandmother-in-law's funeral in Las Vegas this weekend and won't be able to get to ours until next Saturday. Good thing bears is furry!

Holy shit, batman. I'm worn out. Walls are now painted and the carpet thoroughly shampooed. Now I just need my new furniture. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back