Writing Goal for the Day?

You're tough on names. You want me to change the vampire's name, now I can't say the K-word... You are high-maintenance. :p

Hey! I changed Jools to Jules when you said it made you think of "drools". True, I kept Ephraim, but my husband poo-poo'd it as a name for our kid so I had to give it to someone.

And now for the actual purpose of this thread:

I'm about 1,200 words into a summer lovin' story. I'm usually a really slow writer, but this one is flying out.

I also have four pages in scribbles scrunched in between dresses in an Anthropologie catalogue to transcribe (I can't write on a computer when the kid is around since she tries to pound the screen and keyboard, so I grabbed the closest thing when inspiration struck). Writing around frilly dresses and drool-worthy shoes is a new thing for me, and I have to say, I kind of enjoyed it. :)

I can't argue about Princess Mononoke; it is breathtakingly beautiful and haunting. I also am a fan of Porco Rosso, another one that I had an old subtitled bootleg but I think that Michael Keaton and Cary Elwes were brilliant in the translated Disney version. Best fight scene since John Wayne in McLintock!

I just added a bunch of Miyazaki movies to my Amazon list and I forgot that one. Grrr. Should I add Wizard of Earthsea, anybody know? I have the books and have read them.

Good to know. I'll have to watch it soon.

By "it" I'll assume you meant "True Grit," as I honestly think you can give "Tron: Legacy" a miss. If you must watch Bridges deal with computers, watch "Tron." :D

Hey! I changed Jools to Jules when you said it made you think of "drools". True, I kept Ephraim, but my husband poo-poo'd it as a name for our kid so I had to give it to someone.

Well, yes, but -- it does. :) And why, if her name is "Juliette," would you go for "Jools" when "Jul" is half way to "Jules." There's no "O" in there. Well, not in the name, anyway. ;) As for Ephraim, those old-fashioned and Biblical names seem to be popular these days, so okay, I'll let that one go.

Stop distracting me. :eek:

And now for the actual purpose of this thread:

I'm about 1,200 words into a summer lovin' story. I'm usually a really slow writer, but this one is flying out.

Yes, back to the purpose. Off to write on reindeer and hockey... might possibly get the former done in time for the Summer contest. I can't win, but heck, I'll take the quicker posting time. ;)

Yes, back to the purpose. Off to write on reindeer and hockey... might possibly get the former done in time for the Summer contest. I can't win, but heck, I'll take the quicker posting time. ;)

Best of luck!

Finished 37 today and did a couple of shots to celebrate. 36/37 were back to back non consent chapters. Everyone here knows how I really loathe the category but these gems were in my outline six months ago and the muse demanded them. They are done and put to bed however and now I can move back into my normal level of depraved (but consensual) sex.

I just added a bunch of Miyazaki movies to my Amazon list and I forgot that one. Grrr. Should I add Wizard of Earthsea, anybody know? I have the books and have read them.

I was disappointed by Earthsea. I found it covered too many books in a single short movie - it tried to do the whole series in the one film. A lot was missing or done too quickly. My exwife and son watched it not having read the books and were quickly lost and honestly laughing at it as it didn't make enough sense to them.

Stop distracting me. :eek: ]

Sorry, back to movie watching/writing with you!

Epic failure, I had one too many margaritas last night and was a hungover hot mess today. Sweet jesus, tomorrow (so long as I don't hear from an unmentioned gentleman) I will be writing the first chapter to a new story.

I decided to move to the family room and write while putting on a movie. I put on "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." This may have been a strategic error.

I decided to move to the family room and write while putting on a movie. I put on "The Rocky Horror Picture Show." This may have been a strategic error.

Oh my god! I love that movie!! do I even say that I have a limited edition poster? Movie geek at heart and even have Timewarp on the ipod!

Major strategic error lady! Mayjah :)

Tim Curry is never an error.

Then again, I don't think sweet transvestites from Transsexual, Transylvania would like hockey sweaters, let alone all the pads. They don't go well with corsets.

Oh my god! I love that movie!! do I even say that I have a limited edition poster? Movie geek at heart and even have Timewarp on the ipod!

Major strategic error lady! Mayjah :)

hahaha. But it's so much fun... I couldn't resist... I needed fun after the last ep of Torchwood.

Tim Curry is never an error.

Then again, I don't think sweet transvestites from Transsexual, Transylvania would like hockey sweaters, let alone all the pads. They don't exactly go well with corsets.

No, but they'd probably love the bodies underneath. ;)

hahaha. But it's so much fun... I couldn't resist... I needed fun after the last ep of Torchwood.

ooh, aren't you so sad to see Torchwood no more? ....that brief chunk of periods is me being sad! I swear, my mother died and probably thought I was a 'weird girl' when I came home looking like hell after watching Rocky Horror at a city movie theater...I'm not sure about CHI but there are theaters that act the movie out. Loves this...seriously loving that!

Who wouldn't?

Thank God I'm not the only one. I think it's a sign of geekiness when you know the timewarp better than the electric slide/macarena/pick your generation's dance.

It's just a jump to the left....

I AM SO LOVING THIS!!! hahaha, but yeah, looking the other way because we're totally geeks together ;)

Yup!

ooh, aren't you so sad to see Torchwood no more? ....that brief chunk of periods is me being sad! I swear, my mother died and probably thought I was a 'weird girl' when I came home looking like hell after watching Rocky Horror at a city movie theater...I'm not sure about CHI but there are theaters that act the movie out. Loves this...seriously loving that!

This DVD has "instructions" for acting the movie out. That strikes me as really funny.

Actually, Torchwood is in the middle of a fourth season, showing on Starz. It's called "Miracle Day," and so far has been excellent. Special mention has to go to Bill Pullman; I've never seen him play such a weird character before.

Who wouldn't?

Hey, that's why we write the stories. ;)

Thank God I'm not the only one. I think it's a sign of geekiness when you know the timewarp better than the electric slide/macarena/pick your generation's dance.

It's just a jump to the left....

I don't have an iPod but would be happy to put Timewarp on if I did. And hey -- no dancing! I'm trying to write here!

This DVD has "instructions" for acting the movie out. That strikes me as really funny.

Actually, Torchwood is in the middle of a fourth season, showing on Starz. It's called "Miracle Day," and so far has been excellent. Special mention has to go to Bill Pullman; I've never seen him play such a weird character before.

I had no idea that it was on Starz, and will have to check it out. Shows how much I watch the tele...Bill Pullman is one of those types of actors that can pull just about anything off. I loved him in 'Lost Highway' so random.

I don't have an iPod but would be happy to put Timewarp on if I did. And hey -- no dancing! I'm trying to write here!

I dare you to toss it into a Pandora mix and see what happens! Note to self...send a memo out to get PL an iPod :)

Back