Overcoming CHYOO2 Errors.

Kaitou1412

Really Experienced
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Posts
210
Since the restoration of CHYOO isn't full, several problems have arisen. Methods of working around these problems have been posted on the forum, but they're buried within topics and not easily found. Therefore, I will be confining these techniques to this post and addressing concerns within this topic until the site is back to normal.

In order to Add Threads: http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.thread.addedit/0/{THREAD_NUMBER}

In order to Link Threads: http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.story.map/{STORY_NUMBER}/{THREAD_NUMBER}/link

In order to navigate a story without a white page, use one of the following three step tricks:

A.) The Story Map: http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.story.map/{STORY_NUMBER}

A1.) Use this link to access the story map directly.
A2.) Click on any one thread. You'll be directed to a blank page.
A3.) Remove the very last forward slash in the thread number and enter this link.

This trick is only necessary if the story map is accessed via this link or the link supplied on a user's list of stories. The extra forward slash is meant to separate the target thread's number from the previous thread's number, the latter of which is absent if accessed in these manners.

B.) Backwards Navigation with the Browser:

B1.) Click the back/previous button of the web browser, not the CHYOO site.
B2.) If the browser asks you to "confirm form resubmission" or anything similar, reload the page.
B3.) When a pop-up window asking to confirm this order and cites the previously supplied information (navigating the story), click continue, and the thread is reloaded.

Since CHYOO only supplied a proper link to the thread if accessed from the story map or a list of threads, backwards navigation with the browser is needlessly complicated, which is why the story map is the preferred method. However, if the direct link was for the previous page, then backwards navigation is easier than the story map.

Notes:

1.) {STORY_NUMBER} stands for the story's number. This number is available in the link to the cover page of any story. For example, the link to the cover page of "The New Housemate's Secret" is:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.cover/9060

Therefore, the story number of "The New Housemate's Secret" is 9060. Should I wish to access the story map, the link would be:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.story.map/9060

2.) {THREAD_NUMBER} stands for the number of the thread to which users wish to add. This number is available in the link to the thread. The link can only be found by selecting the thread from the story map, a user's thread list, or an advanced search that displays results as threads. Pressing "<<Prev" or "Next>>" will not give you a direct link. For example, the direct link to the thread "She'll make it to dinner" in "The New Housemate's Secret" is:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/196112

Therefore, the thread number of "She'll make it to dinner" is 196112. Should I wish to add a thread to "She'll make it to dinner," the link would be:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.thread.addedit/0/196112

Should I wish to link another thread for "She'll make it to dinner," the link would be:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.story.map/9060/196112/link

If there are any additional problems that are not addressed here, please post the problem here. Someone should answer, and I'll update the post once that happens.

We're currently working to establish a means of rating and reviewing threads that are also the last thread in the story line. So far, we're not having much luck.
 
Last edited:
One issue I have noticed is that some threads show up as empty. This is due to a problem with the address. For example:
- http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/195971/ shows up as an empty white
- http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/195971 and http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/195971/195971 both show up the correct thread. No idea what the cause is, but I have seen it happen in several different stories. If it happens to you just remove the / at the end of the address
 
white screen when I hit 'previous'

Trying to read stories, but whenever I hit previous to go back a page, I get a white screen. Is there anyway to avoid this?
 
Log in and access the story map. You can also click your web browser's "Back" and then reload the page.

Hopefully you won't need these tricks for much longer.
 
Last edited:
One detail about the story map:
If you access it by going to the list of stories you have contributed to and clicking the [view story map] button then it will show you a story map but each thread you click on will come up blank (due to the above mentioned trailing '/' character).

Instead you should click on the name of the story to get the first page, hit begin and then click on the 'view story map' button at the bottom of the page. This takes you to a story map which looks the same but will show you the threads when you click on them.
 
One detail about the story map:
If you access it by going to the list of stories you have contributed to and clicking the [view story map] button then it will show you a story map but each thread you click on will come up blank (due to the above mentioned trailing '/' character).

Instead you should click on the name of the story to get the first page, hit begin and then click on the 'view story map' button at the bottom of the page. This takes you to a story map which looks the same but will show you the threads when you click on them.

I'm not having this problem. All my contributions lack the trailing forward slash when I click "view story map" from my contributions page. Is this perhaps associated with only certain stories, or related to the case sensitive log-in? Can anyone else report their success or failure using the story map link on their "My Stories" page?

I'm sorry if this doesn't sound helpful, but right now I'm more interested in identifying why some people are getting a forward slash at the end of the link.
 
That's interesting.

All of a sudden this extra forward slash problem started hitting my navigation efforts. I've never had this problem before, navigating from a story map to a thread without a previous thread number was always smooth, even immediately after "sdffs" landed and we regained the semi-functional CHYOO.

I don't know if there's an internal counter or something, but I've managed to confirm that once it happens it only happens when there's no thread number in the story map link. I've updated the first post of this topic to address this.
 
i tried all those nifty tricks to get the next page to load on a story and got nothing but blank page. I think only once in the last few weeks did the second or "next" page actually opened up to continue the story. Why is there a problem with Chyoo?
 
i tried all those nifty tricks to get the next page to load on a story and got nothing but blank page. I think only once in the last few weeks did the second or "next" page actually opened up to continue the story. Why is there a problem with Chyoo?

Scrolling forward through a story already written doesn't have any problems, the story map trick is only necessary for backtracking. If you're navigating through the story map link posted here, take off the forward slash at the end of the link after you click on a thread. I don't know why that extra forward slash spontaneously showed up after all the successes on the broken CHYOO, but if you get rid of it you'll be fine. Additionally, the story map itself can be accessed perfectly from the link at the bottom; this link is more of a reference than an actual item for copying and pasting.

If you're having additional problems please take a screenshot of the page and link in your browser (instructions here if you need them) and upload it to Literotica (down below the text box, labeled as "Manage Attachments") so we can analyze the problem directly.
 
Let me see if I get this right. As posted elswhere I am having trouble moving my story along past the first page. I have had other stories posted here on Literotica and Chyoo under different names. I will try to see if this link will get me help to move my story past one page.
http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/196876/196876 I hope there is a solution to the problem. It is hell being stuck on one page.
 
First of all, please keep these questions in this topic.

Second of all, to add a thread, you use the base link specified above for adding threads, and substitute in the thread number where I wrote "{THREAD_NUMBER}." Therefore, in order to add a thread to this story, the link should look like this:

http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/member.thread.addedit/0/196876

Third, since someone else is continually posting a falsehood, allow me to add that, at present, Friedman's CHYOO3 is slated to be a rebuilt site hosted at a different URL. As such, there are no updates coming to CHYOO2 in the foreseeable future, and Laurel and Manu are keeping the site in this semi-functional state in this same stretch of time, forcing users to rely on these tricks when using CHYOO2 until CHYOO3 is finally ready.
 
Last edited:
Let me see if I get this right. As posted elswhere I am having trouble moving my story along past the first page. I have had other stories posted here on Literotica and Chyoo under different names. I will try to see if this link will get me help to move my story past one page.
http://www.chyoo.com/index.php/main.story.page/196876/196876 I hope there is a solution to the problem. It is hell being stuck on one page.

The website hasn't been updated for almost a decade (and I wonder how many people have been members since before this was the case), but luckily and rationally, some people have opted to update it. The most fantastic new feature to be planned is "upkeep," which is hard for the current site because nobody has the technical ability to do anything besides moderate it. It seems kind of odd that non-physical code could "wear out" after a while, but there it is.

And me with stories posted that can't be added to until the new site. Here's hoping they somehow become visible again so that anyone can see them to add to them. Personally, I'm holding off my chapters and stories in a word processor until the new site comes.
 
Back
Top