The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accent is a lot to do with not being too self-conscious. It's probably no coincidence you're a thrall, too...

Given the entente (dis)cordiale, I'm perfectly happy for them not to know I'm English... :D
*gasp* Don't let my secret out! ;)

Yeah, I've had times where I've used my Canadian address to advantage. Fortunately, most of the people I know there are more interested in intelligent discussion than name-calling.

Thank you - accents can be easy or difficult depending on the area
Well, the area and the ear of the person trying to learn the accent. I did "Witness for the Prosecution" a few years back and the guy playing the lead prosecutor just could NOT wrap his mouth around certain words properly. It sure made rehearsals interesting, especially when both our director and the woman brought in as a vocal coach told him why he had to be sure to say "burglary" correctly.

Hello, Naked People. :)

Would you all mind keeping me company while I tackle cleaning the office? I swear there are more papers here everytime I come in.

Andy, if you are better, may I have one of those :kiss: too? I could really benefit from a few of those today.

<TACKLE HUG!>

That is all. As you were... :D

Anna, you would have loved the view of the Olympic Mountains while crossing westbound on the 520 bridge today. Perfectly sunny and clear. Best of all, no wind or chop, so you wouldn't be hanging on for dear life. ;)

:kiss: for Di, good luck on the room.

Well, the area and the ear of the person trying to learn the accent. I did "Witness for the Prosecution" a few years back and the guy playing the lead prosecutor just could NOT wrap his mouth around certain words properly. It sure made rehearsals interesting, especially when both our director and the woman brought in as a vocal coach told him why he had to be sure to say "burglary" correctly.

Hi, Anna. :)

That reminds me...that movie is sitting in my 'to watch' pile. I should get to it.

<TACKLE HUG!>

:cattail:

<HUG> back.

Anna, you would have loved the view of the Olympic Mountains while crossing westbound on the 520 bridge today. Perfectly sunny and clear. Best of all, no wind or chop, so you wouldn't be hanging on for dear life. ;)

Hi, johne. :)

Thanks for the good wishes. I know you feel my pain. And a :kiss: back. :cattail:

Last edited:
<TACKLE HUG!>

Aww, isn't he cute?

john, I always love the view of the Olympic Mountains. No wind crossing that bridge is simply a bonus.

Hi, Anna. :)

That reminds me...that movie is sitting in my 'to watch' pile. I should get to it.

:cattail:

<HUG> back.
Greetings Di! Yeah, it's an interesting movie and stage production as well. It was the first time I'd been given a tape to help me with an English accent and the coach was impressed at how I picked it up.

How've you been? Good luck with the office cleaning. I need to do some of that today too.

Greetings Di! Yeah, it's an interesting movie and stage production as well. It was the first time I'd been given a tape to help me with an English accent and the coach was impressed at how I picked it up.

How've you been? Good luck with the office cleaning. I need to do some of that today too.

I'm home sick today but trying to find the energy to do a few sitting tasks to keep from going stir-crazy.

My daughter and I used a few of those tapes for accents...we got them from the library. I found they work really well.

I'll let you know when I watch the movie. :)

Hey guys! Sorry for dropping in and out just then, I had to cook a second tea (don't ask :rolleyes:)

Hey, handsome Andy :kiss: to you. I'm glad to hear about the manflu being on its way out. I don't have to chase you down to the clinic for a checkup as well, then.

Di, anna, I see John has disappeared but I strongly advise you get him to put his jeans on (just the jeans <sigh> :p) and help you. My study was transformed with his manly assistance!

:kiss: and a snug <hug> for Steve too.

:rose::kiss: Always

Whoo!

:rose: :kiss:

Hey guys! Sorry for dropping in and out just then, I had to cook a second tea (don't ask :rolleyes:)

Hey, handsome Andy :kiss: to you. I'm glad to hear about the manflu being on its way out. I don't have to chase you down to the clinic for a checkup as well, then.

Di, anna, I see John has disappeared but I strongly advise you get him to put his jeans on (just the jeans <sigh> :p) and help you. My study was transformed with his manly assistance!

Hi, Naoko. :)

I'll take any help that I can get. There's enough work here for everyone. The office is the tip of the iceberg.

You are quite tireless in your duty of herding the men to the doctor. It's a bit like herding cats, imho, and you do it so deftly. :rose:

Hi, Naoko. :)

I'll take any help that I can get. There's enough work here for everyone. The office is the tip of the iceberg.

You are quite tireless in your duty of herding the men to the doctor. It's a bit like herding cats, imho, and you do it so deftly. :rose:

I would put my frilly apron on and help you but I fear it won't have the same appeal for you as John in his jeans <snerk>.

LOL, Mom is always getting in the way of ILF for me. I have had to admit defeat with TheeGoatPig though. He's hiding out in other threads now, refusing to answer mine and HP's plaintive appeals in Isolated Blurt to get a checkup. ROFL.
:rose:

(You are under the weather too, I notice. I hope you're going to get some good rest as well as do your clearing out. Sternfacedsmiley.)

My study is almost finished. If I can finish it tonight, I'll post a piccie...of the room. ;)

I'm home sick today but trying to find the energy to do a few sitting tasks to keep from going stir-crazy.

My daughter and I used a few of those tapes for accents...we got them from the library. I found they work really well.

I'll let you know when I watch the movie. :)
I watched YouTube clips of various Irish comics and interviews for the last show. I spend too much time without a car to get to my local library, however, I'll keep it in mind for the next two shows I plan to audition for. Both require what will be a new accent for me.

Hope you feel better soon, and good for you keeping up with the tidying despite not feeling well!

*sigh* Does he have to have his jeans on?

No. I'm mean 'n' 'orrible. And smelly.

Anything else is just a vicious rumour put about by my enemies... :D

Incidentally, "thrall" should have read "thesp" - feckin' autocorrect...:rolleyes:
Your secret is safe with me. ;)

Ah, so you were commenting on my acting ability? *shrug* "Thrall" works too. :D

My study is almost finished. If I can finish it tonight, I'll post a piccie...of the room. ;)
In that case, you can come over here to help me with moving furniture so I can paint my office....

I've never seen you act, so I can't comment. I was commenting on your lack of inhibition... ;)

Ooooh, do you have the collar, too...?

My_Thrall__s_Collar_by_uab.jpg

I've never seen you act, so I can't comment. I was commenting on your lack of inhibition... ;)

Ooooh, do you have the collar, too...?

My_Thrall__s_Collar_by_uab.jpg

Wow, I just saw that episode not long ago! I must find one of those collars. :)

"Lack of inhibition?" I like that. :kiss:

I watched YouTube clips of various Irish comics and interviews for the last show. I spend too much time without a car to get to my local library, however, I'll keep it in mind for the next two shows I plan to audition for. Both require what will be a new accent for me.

Hope you feel better soon, and good for you keeping up with the tidying despite not feeling well!

*sigh* Does he have to have his jeans on?

In that case, you can come over here to help me with moving furniture so I can paint my office....

Sure, I'll help with the furniture. I'll even help with the painting too. You could probably use an extra hand. Crap, except I'm wearing my nice jeans. Might need to paint without them so I don't ruin them with paint. ;)

Really sunny day today. If I didn't get off work so late, it would be perfect for hitting the pool or taking a swim in the lake.

I watched YouTube clips of various Irish comics and interviews for the last show.
Both require what will be a new accent for me.

You need some sort of Irish accent?. Oh Boy, are you gonna have fun.
Which part of Ireland is the source, AND
Is it a country or city accent (city is a great deal harsher)

Suddenly, I'm wondering whether twins would be considered murder or suicide at my age. :eek:

I'd not thought of that. Either way it's an interesting way to go.
The Death Report might make an interesting read. . .

Suddenly, I'm wondering whether twins would be considered murder or suicide at my age. :eek:
Or just fun. ;)

Sure, I'll help with the furniture. I'll even help with the painting too. You could probably use an extra hand. Crap, except I'm wearing my nice jeans. Might need to paint without them so I don't ruin them with paint. ;)

Really sunny day today. If I didn't get off work so late, it would be perfect for hitting the pool or taking a swim in the lake.
Excellent! Help moving all my bookshelves and my computer desk will never be turned down. However... we definitely don't want to ruin your nice jeans, so yeah, maybe you should just take them off.

Swimming in the lake? In this weather? :eek:

You need some sort of Irish accent?. Oh Boy, are you gonna have fun.
Which part of Ireland is the source, AND
Is it a country or city accent (city is a great deal harsher)
No, I attempted an Irish accent for the last show. I tried to stay Dublin or north, but probably ended up floating all over the place. However, the adjudicator recognized it as Irish, so it doesn't matter what anyone else thought. :D

Maybe the lake would be a bit too cold, but definitely up for dipping my toes in it.

Couple bits of good news. Got my test results back, cholesterol is a bit high but everything else looks good. :D I also got my 55-200mm telephoto lens in and lens hood for my kit lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back