What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I was lazy through boot camp soaking up tax dollars, lazy in Iraq (well mostly Kuwait) used the GI Bill to go to college all on the tax payer dime. I also went to public school growing up and when I started my own business I took the bus a lot of places to save money. But you are right that I was a drain on the tax payer.
 
in the spirit of obama, when kids come to your door for Halloween you must take 1/2 and say thank you, and this is what they have to look forward to when they go up thanks to obama
 
US economy growing at 2.5%, even accounting for a 1% drag due to a shrinking government. 3.5% looks pretty good.:cool:

so Mr Genius

you are CONTRA DICK TING the FED who said there is NO DRAG?

where do you see 2.5%.....ObamaSTOOGE:confused:

show me 2,5%

show me 1% drag

when YOU or OTHERS say the PRES has nothing to do with it, you are in effect saying, OBAMA IS A LOSER and INCOMPETANT

cause he has EVERYTHING to do with it

hey ObamaSTOOGE

still waiting for the 2.5% and the 1% drag:confused:

2.5%


Take that to the bank.


I should charge you for my insights.

U.S. Economy Expands at 2.8% Pace in 3Q

link

It's hard being right all the time. Very hard...
 
October BLS data through the shutdown:


- +204,000 jobs created (214k pvt sector minus 10k government job shrinkage)

- August and September revised upward +60,000

- Average earnings rose 2 cents per hour

- Average workweek unchanged so I guess Obamacare isn't reducing hours

- A bunch of the metrics are whack due to the furloughs.
 
Fannie and Freddie all paid up, Treasury made whole. $188 billion paid back to us. It's all profit from here on.
 
Employers added 204,000 new jobs last month, the Labor Department said on Friday. The unemployment rate, however, rose to 7.3 percent from September's nearly five-year low of 7.2 percent. Expectations called for payrolls rising 125,000 in October.
 
Updated Nov. 7, 2013 7:36 p.m. ET

Fannie Mae FNMA -2.49% and Freddie Mac FMCC -1.76% will pay $39 billion to the U.S. Treasury by the end of the year, the companies said Thursday, putting the firms close to having paid as much as the government injected in the mortgage-finance giants—nearly $188 billion—to keep them afloat through the housing bust.

While Freddie should remain profitable for the foreseeable future, the recent level of earnings "is not sustainable in the long run," said Donald Layton, chief executive. "At some point, home-price growth will moderate as housing markets reach the end of their recovery cycle."

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303763804579183454001715882
 
Oh wow. I don't normally look to koala for wisdom. I guess I should pay more attention to that adorable ball of fluff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top