What's for dinner?

Tonight was salads and venison cheese hot dogs.
We had elk meatballs and venison cutlets for T-Day dinner but I haven't seen venison hot dogs. Have you a specialty supplier, or do you grind them yourself?

This was One Of Those Days at eventide. An easy dinner of leftover baked gourmet mac-n-cheese and a pre-cut kale salad, washed down with a decent red, and the last loaded brownies to finish. Then sit back and strum 'ukuleles.

I don't think it has a name... But a can of pork and beans, a 1/4 pound of beef, heated in a skillet, seasoned and eating.

Oh fuck, I must whop-up a meal in a couple hours. Baby red potatoes will be involved and maybe spinach and mushrooms but turkey teriyaki meatballs and jalapeño sausages are vetoed. I'll think of something. When I have the strength to stand and cook, anyway.

We had elk meatballs and venison cutlets for T-Day dinner but I haven't seen venison hot dogs. Have you a specialty supplier, or do you grind them yourself?

This was One Of Those Days at eventide. An easy dinner of leftover baked gourmet mac-n-cheese and a pre-cut kale salad, washed down with a decent red, and the last loaded brownies to finish. Then sit back and strum 'ukuleles.

Yeah, there are a couple shops nearby that will make them. We supply the venison.

A couple really good recipes today. Lunch was apple and sage pork chops. The recipe can be found here. Served with roasted acorn squash.

Dinner was turkey meatloaf made with oatmeal, sauteed celery, onion, sage, and thyme. Served with baked potato and green beans almondine.

I had some friends over for the playoffs so we had some St. Louis ribs and a wagyu tri-tip.

Good stuff.

A plate of romaine, iceburg, spinach, raddichio, shredded carrots, dried cranberries, and slivered almonds with half a chicken breast stuffed with feta, spinach and oregano on the side, both drizzled with EVOO and balsamic vinegar.

Dessert is a small brownie.

Cottage Pie, with steamed green beans and buttered carrots, and Chocolate Orange pannetone bread pudding with chocolate custard for dessert

Cottage Pie, with steamed green beans and buttered carrots, and Chocolate Orange pannetone bread pudding with chocolate custard for dessert

LOL. Cottage pie (turkey mince) with snow peas and honey-glazed carrots and bok choy - with vanilla custard, supermarket surprise pie (coz I took the cardboard box off and threw it away before I put it in the freezer and now I have no idea what it is) and caramel-pecan icecream for dessert.

I haven't cooked it yet, but it's looking like it'll be something shrimp & pasta-ish.

Last night was homemade pizza with onions, red bell pepper and pepperoni.

Tonight is homemade turkey soup with carrot, celery and wild rice.

Last night was homemade pizza with onions, red bell pepper and pepperoni.

Tonight is homemade turkey soup with carrot, celery and wild rice.

Ooh the Turkey soup sounds great, the homemade pizza sounds good too but personally I'm staying away from pizza these days, so im not gonna be fantasizing about that.

Ooh the Turkey soup sounds great, the homemade pizza sounds good too but personally I'm staying away from pizza these days, so im not gonna be fantasizing about that.

I was regretting the pizza a bit myself today so I am forced to agree.

I was regretting the pizza a bit myself today so I am forced to agree.

I'm sorry, don't listen to me, don't regret it. I've just eaten too much over the last few months due to stress eating, & I've gained a bit of weight. So I've stopped eating pizza.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, don't listen to me, don't regret it. I've just eaten too much over the last few months due to stress eating, & I've gained a bit of weight. So I've stopped eating pizza.

:D I'm not regretting it because of your opinion, it's the sodium. ;) Back to Paleo for me!

Pasta, red sauce, meatballs, all mixed up and baked in the oven with cheese.

A plain hamburger on top of a mélange of zucchini, onion, red bell pepper and tomato seasoned with Mexican spices cooked in olive oil. Toasted pecans and ginger lemon tea for dessert.

Chicken in tomato basil sauce with broccoli, carrots and pasta and he cooked!!!! Yaaay :D

Back