Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've never been shaved by someone else before, so there's no association. Until now... Poor fella's not going to know what hit him!

You're right. I've taken the Barbour off now... ;)

You're an ex-rugby player? Me too. I get my vicarious thrills watching my boys play now, and bellowing from the touchline. :D I forget, sometimes, how loud my voice is (a 52" chest is a great amplifier, who knew...?). I terrified one woman a few weeks back by shouting *ahem* encouragement at my eldest's team as I stalked up the touchline to follow the play. Poor lass jumped about a foot in the air! :eek:

You're a north London girl? Oh dear, you're dead to me now... Despite being a Geordie, my dad's family are all south of the river. I'd often heard that north London was full of thugs and rude boys / girls. Now I know it... ;)

Yes, I knew we had a lot in common! I played lots of different positions ;). I was a hooker once or twice ;). But mostly I played full-back. Until I tore my knee up.

:D rugby parents! I was hoping my daughter would take it up but the minis group for her age practice wasn't at a good time and now she's expressing an interest in cricket :eek:.

I've moved a lot further South now! ROFL. Me and my rude boy ways and my Barbour. Which I keep on when I go to the garage! :rolleyes:

:kiss:

Was that exquisitely curved :nana: for me? You are sweet to me. (Pass the sugar? ;))

As a long-standing (-kneeling?) second row man, and you a prop, I'd suggest that I'm in a better position to make use of that sugar, honey. Honey... ;)

Last edited:
Quartet

I have just come back from watching the 2012 movie Quartet with Billy Connolly, Maggie Smith etc.

I enjoyed it, particularly the performances in the minor roles by many people I remember from my earlier years as a theatre and opera-goer in London. Even the younger actors fitted in well as the elderly ones hammed outrageous caricatures of their younger selves.

If you get a chance - see it.

The goddamn morons actually believe that if something is covered by insurance it's somehow "free."

:D rugby parents! I was hoping my daughter would take it up but the minis group for her age practice wasn't at a good time and now she's expressing an interest in cricket :eek:.

There are worse things. Several of them, in fact.
but cricket is a sweet game which demands concentration and an appreciation of surfaces.
It helps to appreciate the theory of spin bowling, as well!

:rose:

There are worse things. Several of them, in fact.
but cricket is a sweet game which demands concentration and an appreciation of surfaces.
It helps to appreciate the theory of spin bowling, as well!

:rose:

I guess you're right. And women invented overarm bowling, so she should get on well, :)

(I'm posting no roses today, Sassenach!:nana:)

Old flames...

It is now a few minutes after midnight on the east coast. But it is just after 9 pm in California. So, in the place where we were together, it is still the 46th birthday of a woman I shared many firsts with... And interestingly, I've been thinking about her all day.

Teri, I haven't spoken to you in something like 25 years and it's been 28 since I I've actually seen you... I hope those years have been kind. I wish we could get together and share a bottle of wine and some good food and just laugh about what fools we were. And maybe we wouldn't see each other again for another quarter century after that... but it would be fun.

It is now a few minutes after midnight on the east coast. But it is just after 9 pm in California. So, in the place where we were together, it is still the 46th birthday of a woman I shared many firsts with... And interestingly, I've been thinking about her all day.

Teri, I haven't spoken to you in something like 25 years and it's been 28 since I I've actually seen you... I hope those years have been kind. I wish we could get together and share a bottle of wine and some good food and just laugh about what fools we were. And maybe we wouldn't see each other again for another quarter century after that... but it would be fun.
I like this. I hope she feels the same way.

Blast! I ran over a piece of metal this afternoon. It shredded the inside wall of a rear tyre and caused a blow out.

The AA (Automobile Association in UK) arrived within 20 minutes and changed it for the usable spare.

I needed a replacement tyre. When I went to the tyre depot they pointed out that the metal had damaged a front tyre as well and the other front tyre, although legal, was considerably worn.

Three new tyres have made a dent in my budget for February which was supposed to be the month that I started saving again.

The good news?

While I was waiting for the new tyres to be fitted a young man arrived with a large SUV with a puncture. His single tyre cost fifty pounds more than the total for my three.

Or [almost] anything.

No.That's too scary to contemplate. If I know what it is, I can change it. 'Anything' isn't quite knowing.

Og, that's why I've put off buying a car here. I simply couldn't be able afford any repairs / issues with it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back