Beco

I'm Not Your Guru
Can hardly wait to find out.....

infrastructure?
health care, again?
The Wall?
DACA?

what?

It ain't a done deal yet. It's likely there, but not 100%. Never underestimate the power of Tromp to fuck things up. If 3 Gup senators don't like what comes out of conference, it's dead, and so is the Gup future. Expect lots of local pressure on Congresscritters. They get to decide: keep the donor money flowing, or be booted at the next election by pissed-off constituents?

This really is a huge corporate giveaway and a middle-class tax hike, and the portal to destroying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the whole social safety net. That's the Gup goal. As for corporations, they'll use their windfall to buy-up competitors and fire redundant staff. New jobs? At fast-food counters, maybe.

What's floating is that the House will just accept the Senate version (none of them care much what's in it anyway) to avoid any more wrangling.

Don’t forget that it’s going to be called “The Cutty McCutface Act.”

The tax bill isn't done. What got out of the Senate is quite a bit different than what the House passed. It's Conference Committee time to try and hammer out a bill both chambers can pass.

This week is shutdown chicken since the current Continuing Resolution funding the government expires on Dec 8th. The rest of the month is legislatively jam packed just with time critical stuff without taking on something new like infrastructure.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cong...er-taxes-government-funding/story?id=51406282

The Tax Cut is only Step 1 of the bigger plan: Gut the Safety net. It's all they want.

They'll come back whining about the terrible, terrible deficit and spending and go for entitlements.

Oh the GOP just tossed the Country under the bus is all. Nothing big about that just destroy the damn nation. Those moron's got bought off by the fat cats.

It ain't a done deal yet. It's likely there, but not 100%. Never underestimate the power of Tromp to fuck things up. If 3 Gup senators don't like what comes out of conference, it's dead, and so is the Gup future. Expect lots of local pressure on Congresscritters. They get to decide: keep the donor money flowing, or be booted at the next election by pissed-off constituents?

This really is a huge corporate giveaway and a middle-class tax hike, and the portal to destroying Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the whole social safety net. That's the Gup goal. As for corporations, they'll use their windfall to buy-up competitors and fire redundant staff. New jobs? At fast-food counters, maybe.

I am amazed Republicans actually got it to this point. Totally amazed.

Oh the GOP just tossed the Country under the bus is all. Nothing big about that just destroy the damn nation. Those moron's got bought off by the fat cats.

The best that it will do is light a fire for the economy, keep the stock market going and get more jobs, possible corporate growth. But to me, that will burn out. If it works, enjoy a few years of prosperity. then the bill comes due...

Go ahead and vote, nobody is afraid of you/democrats. Take power, either way, our leadership is horrible. Hillary was a warmonger, makes dumb decisions aka, Lybia, Ben-Ga-z, and deleting emails....how in the world did she not think that they wouldnt know she deleted emails? 30k of them, how stupid is this woman?

I think I am in favor of term limits, and also, can we see that list of people that had settlements for harassment? Stuart Smiley RESIGN please....you fraud

The best that it will do is light a fire for the economy, keep the stock market going and get more jobs, possible corporate growth. But to me, that will burn out. If it works, enjoy a few years of prosperity. then the bill comes due...
Corporate CFOs say most tax windfalls will go as dividends to shareholders, many of them foreign banks and sovereign funds. Other cash will go to stock buybacks. Other will go to buy competitors and fire surplus workers -- that's cheaper than developing new products.

What WON'T happen is a USA job surge, because we're already at almost full employment and job openings aren't being filled. Sure, deporting a few million poorly-documented will open up jobs in the harvesting, landscaping, chicken-plucking, and janitorial industries. You'll eagerly jump for one of those, right?

Sorry, job growth promises are slick, steaming bullshit, fresh from the anus.

Corporate CFOs say most tax windfalls will go as dividends to shareholders, many of them foreign banks and sovereign funds. Other cash will go to stock buybacks. Other will go to buy competitors and fire surplus workers -- that's cheaper than developing new products.

What WON'T happen is a USA job surge, because we're already at almost full employment and job openings aren't being filled. Sure, deporting a few million poorly-documented will open up jobs in the harvesting, landscaping, chicken-plucking, and janitorial industries. You'll eagerly jump for one of those, right?

Well, you claimed to have been a successful employer? Did you owe people a job? I mean did you have extra staff just because?

Poorly documented...that's cute. They're breaking the law and you'd know that if you were an actual employer or did you just ignore federal laws you don't like.

Now if anything you claim is true won't you profit by this tax plan?

I'm against illegal immigrants, not immigration. Although I do believe we need a strong border, and we should bring down the limit of LEGAL immigration like it once was, somewhere maybe in the 500k range, NOT a million plus each year, No other country even comes close to that figure."

but, but trickledown will save you :cool:
tumblr_p0g48iHI8J1rx9ovro1_500.gif

On the question of what next (although the tax bill hasn't been finalized yet), next is that Congress has five days now to pass legislation keeping the federal government open.

On the question of what next (although the tax bill hasn't been finalized yet), next is that Congress has five days now to pass legislation keeping the federal government open.
It'll pass, unless Republicans think it's a sneaky way to stall the Mueller investigation.

It'll pass, unless Republicans think it's a sneaky way to stall the Mueller investigation.

You mean the collusion investigation that is now turning into obstruction of justice investigaton? that got its legs with a fake dossier? that investigation?

You mean the collusion investigation that is now turning into obstruction of justice investigaton? that got its legs with a fake dossier? that investigation?

You mean the dossier that has had every part examined verified? Shall we go on to checking out the golden shower hooker section of the dossier? What do you want to bet that that part isn't true too? :D

But, no, the next business of Congress, keeping the government open, doesn't have anything to do with the Russian investigation--unless the treasonous Republican leadership wants to hide something about that in the necessary bill.

What does the obstruction investigation have to do with the dossier? Do tell.

What does the obstruction investigation have to do with the dossier? Do tell.
Oh, it's in there, obliquely.

* The Russia investigation (via Manafort) started long before the dossier or Mueller.
* Tromp definitely has Russia links that he's lied about and is desperate to conceal.
* Mueller was appointed to probe the Russia links and anything falling from that. Look, obstruction!
* Tromp could prove he's not owned by Putin by releasing his financials. Easy-peasy.
* Tromp could end Mueller's investigation by firing and appointing minions till one will fire Mueller. Oops, obstruction!
* Whatever happens with team Mueller, NY state will still dig into Tromp's money games.

Deeper and deeper. It's turtles all the way down.

I vote for passing kidney stones!
Try it some time. I doubt your screams will be of joy.

Which reminds me of the Roche Sisters' rendition of Silent Night. Two sisters sing a nice harmonic background duet whilst the other screams in childbirth. Xians seriously singing that carol are disconnected from biological reality.

Save your passed kidney stones, gallstones, and any other concretions your body emits. Rock-hard boogers, too. Every emission is sacred.

I'm pretty sure the "Silent Night" song isn't meant to start until after the childbirth is over and the silent part is Mary exhausted and the sheep, who don't make much more than a bit of soft lowing (take from the "Away in a Manger" song), babysitting the wee one.

Back