Crafty Litsters show your work!

Keroin

aKwatic
The idea for this thread belongs to midwestyankee. Anyone on here who builds, sews, paints, draws, knits, macrames, welds, sculpts or in any way crafts something, please feel free to share your work with us.

This is a fence I built with my *small* crew. It was a bitch of a thing to build because of the rocky terrain and the tight deadline we were under but I think it turned out nicely.

We used cedar, locally milled and harvested in an environmentally sound manner.

Who's next?

Big or small, show 'em all!

Last edited:
This is a lousy picture taken with a camera, but this is the bust I made in my sculpture 1 class. I've still gotta finish the one I'm working on currently, a bust of Medusa, and she's WAY better. But then I made her for sculpture 3. *shrugs*

12-09-08_11481.jpg

This is a lousy picture taken with a camera, but this is the bust I made in my sculpture 1 class. I've still gotta finish the one I'm working on currently, a bust of Medusa, and she's WAY better. But then I made her for sculpture 3. *shrugs*

Wow, Gracie, very nice!

She looks so serene. What material do you use to sculpt with?

I don't do as much as I'd like from lack of space (and an over developed perfectionist complex), but I've started teaching myself bookbinding. I took the boards off an 1898 pocket dictionary, recovered them in handmade paste paper, then did a 'lost Belgian binding' in waxed linen thread... which is all quite fun and loverly, except for the fact that I hate hate hate sewing in the signatures, so I've not yet finished the book [I started back in February]. :eek:

Jan19_book2.jpg

I will try and come up with some stuff that doesn't out me completely. I know that sounds grandiose and paranoid, but bear with me.

Gracie, she's lovely.

The idea for this thread belongs to midwestyankee. Anyone on here who builds, sews, paints, draws, knits, macrames, welds, sculpts or in anyway crafts something, please feel free to share your work with us.

This is a fence I built with my *small* crew. It was a bitch of a thing to build because of the rocky terrain and the tight deadline we were under but I think it turned out nicely.
Damn, that's nicely done. I hate dealing with outdoor factors while building/painting etc.

I don't do as much as I'd like from lack of space (and an over developed perfectionist complex), but I've started teaching myself bookbinding. I took the boards off an 1898 pocket dictionary, recovered them in handmade paste paper, then did a 'lost Belgian binding' in waxed linen thread... which is all quite fun and loverly, except for the fact that I hate hate hate sewing in the signatures, so I've not yet finished the book [I started back in February]. :eek:

Jan19_book2.jpg

Sewing signatures freaking sux. Treat yourself and make a fast stab-bound Japanese book.

Sewing signatures freaking sux. Treat yourself and make a fast stab-bound Japanese book.

I keep telling myself that's a much better idea... although I could just as happily hang out drinking wine and painting paste papers all day. LOL

I keep telling myself that's a much better idea... although I could just as happily hang out drinking wine and painting paste papers all day. LOL

The paste papers are gorgeous, did you do those too?

It's funny, I had a residency at the Book Arts center, but I spent it doing monotypes and I'm still terrible and inept at books.

The paste papers are gorgeous, did you do those too?

It's funny, I had a residency at the Book Arts center, but I spent it doing monotypes and I'm still terrible and inept at books.

Yep - first attempt. Much much much easier (messier, funner) than my attempts at marbling. 30 minutes of making messes and I fell in love with it.

attachment.php

Ok, this won't out me at this point.

This is a digital illustration, very much in progress. That's going to be a bluebird on her head. There's going to be a tattoo-flash style banner in front saying "deux amis"

I won't say it's my first, but it's one of my first. When I got sick, M got me a tablet for Christmas, and that was three years ago. I used it for a few minutes, got fed up and let it sit for a couple of years. Recently I picked it up again.

I have no idea what makes digitial painting good or bad and I'm still kind of trying to get over that rubbery toy story look of it.

Attachments

• digipaint.jpg
    digipaint.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 736
There's some great knit and crocheted works in The Big Lit Knit Thread which is somewhere around the cafe...

Damn, that's nicely done. I hate dealing with outdoor factors while building/painting etc.

Oh man, Nelson is rocks, rocks, rocks and more rocks. By the time this job was finished I was about ready to move in with my chiropractor. Ugh.

Ok, this won't out me at this point.

This is a digital illustration, very much in progress. That's going to be a bluebird on her head. There's going to be a tattoo-flash style banner in front saying "deux amis"

I won't say it's my first, but it's one of my first. When I got sick, M got me a tablet for Christmas, and that was three years ago. I used it for a few minutes, got fed up and let it sit for a couple of years. Recently I picked it up again.

I have no idea what makes digitial painting good or bad and I'm still kind of trying to get over that rubbery toy story look of it.

That is really cool looking. I'm digging the rubbery thing going on! Has a very otherworldly quality to it.

I love seeing all the talent here!!

No idea how one even makes a digital painting, but Jesus, woman. She looks like you!

No idea how one even makes a digital painting, but Jesus, woman. She looks like you!

Photoshop + layers + insane.

I set out trying not to let that happen, but yeah, put it next to this lit av and sure enough. They do tend to, my waifs.

the cakes are great - the flowers are amazing too

Thank you! I enjoy making the flowers more than the cakes, lol. The ones on the site are from a class I took a few years ago in Atlanta. I have since made them for various cakes and competitions.

Wow, Gracie, very nice!

She looks so serene. What material do you use to sculpt with?

LOL! When I was pressed to name her, I named her 'serenity'.

I start out with clay.When I have it how I want it, I make a mold. She's made of plaster, poured from the mold I made of her.

Gracie, she's lovely.

Thank you. You know I love your stuff. lol

Do you make paper, too? Reading this made me think of The Time Traveller's Wife.

Gosh, I didn't even notice that. Must get eyes checked.

I decorate cakes as a hobby.

www.chellescakes.com

Ah, yes, how very nice of you to TORTURE me! LOL. I loved the palm tree cake, naturally, and, of course...sigh...the cupcakes.

This one's a before-and-after deck rebuild K and crew did. The house needed to be rebuilt, too.

Before...

Deck1.jpg

After...

Deck2.jpg

I'm surprised we ever finished this one, as the single, female, property manager took a liking to the two guys and was forever showing up with baked goods and cleavage.

Last edited:
i recently did a very large glass painting for over my desk. about 3ft wide by 5ft tall. Master has the pictures on his camera, ill see if i can get him to post them or send them to me. i also have a relatively large charcoal piece hanging over his desk. again, will attempt pictures.

This one's a before-and-after deck rebuild K and crew did. The house needed to be rebuilt, too.

Before...

I'm surprised we ever finished this one, as the single, female, property manager took a liking to the two guys and was forever showing up with baked goods and cleavage.

Oooo ahh. That is so cool.

Do you make paper, too? Reading this made me think of The Time Traveller's Wife.

[Irrelevant] Prior to international fame, Audrey Niffeneger was one of the people we could intern with - when she was purely a weirdo with weird wonderful gothy prints. I didn't wind up working with her, but she was on my radar of people to choose.

So the whole "I liked them before the major label thing, dude" applies to me with her, heh. [/Irrelevant

MIS asked if I would post some of her work.

Here is a drawing MIS did for me before we were even together. The original hangs above my desk. (Apologies for the crappy editing, but I'm working with limited tools right now and don't want her signature showing)

Ballerinamounted-1.jpg

And this is a painting she did recently. There is an old glass patio door against the wall behind the table she uses here as a desk. The cinderblocks behind it were visually blah, so she asked if she could spruce up the door. I agreed, and this was the result.

100_1051.jpg

Here are pics taken while it was being painted, for those who might like that sort of thing.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/HomburgHat/illusions/100_1045.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/HomburgHat/illusions/100_1046.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/HomburgHat/illusions/100_1047.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/HomburgHat/illusions/100_1048.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/HomburgHat/illusions/100_1049.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff83/HomburgHat/illusions/100_1050.jpg

Back