BDSMFriendbook

It's starting to get some traction. I like that profiles can be "verified" (hopefully this will shake out the wannabe Doms and spammers).

I know a few people who use FetLife, mostly local people, but I'm not really active on it anyway.

Yes, it´s slowly but surely gaining momentum. I think that it´s a good feature too, but only time will tell if it can weed out the unwanted elements.
 
I don't think any sites are competing with other sites. They all seem different enough that you will go with what works for you. Lit is different from Fet, and BDSMFriendbook is different from both of those. You spend time on a site and make friends but when it comes to certain things, you go where those things are.

I like the people on Lit, for the most part, aside from a few who sometimes get out of hand. I've got my stories on Lit. On Fetlife, I have local people where there are no locals on Lit. I also have a couple stories on Fetlife. This new place hasn't had time to gain much momentum, but it shows promise. I'm DVS on Fetlife and BDSMFriendbook, too.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on this MsQuote.

Had not come across friendbook before.

Just joined, there are exactly two of us in the UK over the age of 40!

Hopefully that number will increase. :cattail:

I'll have a look now and possibly make it 3 :)
 
I can't decide. I'm reluctant to sign up because I didn't like facebook. I do like Fetlife though. Meh.
 
I am on Fet and ust signed up for Friend, not many in my area. But I'm NikiCole on both of them. At least I'm not getting game requests like on facebook
 
I've tried to log on this morning and my browser has thrown up a warning saying the site is not secure and could be an impersonator? Does anyone know if this is just because the genuine site hasn't sorted out its security features yet?
 
I've tried to log on this morning and my browser has thrown up a warning saying the site is not secure and could be an impersonator? Does anyone know if this is just because the genuine site hasn't sorted out its security features yet?
I've just logged in a couple of times, this morning. I didn't see a problem except the site is still pretty show. I'm assuming that's because of all of the new members kind of overwhelming the site's servers.

I don't know why this would have happened. Maybe some recent automatic update on your computer that has happened without your knowledge or maybe the fact that the site is so slow. I know I did an update to something recently on my computer and after that, my browser said Google wasn't a secure site.

I'd verify that you have the correct address to make sure you don't have some malware redirecting your browser to another site, but other than one of these reasons, it seems like the site is OK.

I don't know if this is related, but a message in the "Welcome Back" area says this...
"It's been a hectic 48 hours to say the least, but everything should be running fine now, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

If you experience any problems with login or the site in general, please message Admin or Badmin and we will have a look at it right away. "
 
Last edited:
Thanks for that.:D I logged on fine last week, so it may be a security update from over the weekend. I'll give it another try.
 
Every new site has to start somewhere. If nobody joined because there was nobody on there nothing would ever get off the ground. I've joined. Not sure I'll be active on there, but will instead wait and see what happens and whether it takes off.
 
I'm trying it out. We'll see how it goes! My handle on BDSMfriendbook is the same as my fetlife one: PrisonerOfDoubt
 
Thanks for that.:D I logged on fine last week, so it may be a security update from over the weekend. I'll give it another try.
I don't know what happened in your situation, but I deleted all of my cookies (calm down gracie...) so when I went into sites I normally frequent, I had to put in my password once again. When I went to BDSMfriends, I got the same warning you probably got that the site wasn't safe. I use Firefox. I selected that I understand the risks and wanted to add an exception which means the browser will add the website to a list of sites you consider OK, even if it thinks there is a risk.

I don't know what happened, but something went wrong with that process and it still wouldn't allow me in to the site. So, I exported the certificate of authorization from the site and saved it to my computer. When I viewed the certificate during that process, my browser said there was no need for an exception, meaning the certificate was valid. DUH!

Anyway, I tried to import it into my browser where the exceptions are kept and it said it was already there. I thought that was strange, because if it's there, the browser shouldn't give me any warning about the site. Since it was already there, I tried logging in again. Once I had logged in and told the site to remember my login (which also adds or updates the cookie to my browser), I was able to get into the site.

I'm assuming it could be an issue with Firefox, because I had a similar situation with Google, a while back. That time, I was able to add an exception and continue, but Google doesn't require a login to get in. There could be something not quite right about how the site's certificate is viewed by Firefox. This could also be a problem with other browsers, but as a rule, I don't use any others. I might do a test with I.E., just for fun. Aren't computers fun? Sometimes I wonder just who is in charge.

ADDED INFORMATION:
Internet Explorer does the same thing. Actually, Firefox was more informative (unsavory dig at I.E.). Once I had logged in and saved the cookie, everything was happy again. Because IE and Firefox both do this, there could be something small wrong with their certificate. Normally, you should believe a browser when it says there is a risk like this, but sometimes it's more fun to be a risk taker. :D
 
Last edited:
I saw they were apologizing the other day for the site being slow, after this influx of new people joining. Ah, the problems of success! :D

Succes is not always a good thing, but it seems they have beefed up the server to manage the hordes from Fetlife :D
 
site is...

The Site Is Offline??? Tried Registering W No Avail
 
I really love okcupid for the vanilla crowd, but would be great to have something similar for just us kinksters.

I agree! I use OKC because I love all the questions ..( wish more people would answer them!) and some of the quizzes are fun to do and compare with a potential partner. I too am in Fetlife and keep thinking I'd love a cross between the two.

Ooops... sometimes helps if one reads the entire thread before posting! :eek:
Yayy for BDSMfriendBook ... I'll be there too.
thanks everyone. :)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top