The Rule of Three

twelveoone

ground zero
for ashm and erectus (small case e) in his absence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_three_%28writing%29

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfThree

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2012/07/02/thomas-jefferson-steve-jobs-and-the-rule-of-3/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rule%20of%20three

As applied here, i.e. My rule of three
If someone tells you, something is a bad idea, listen
If two people tell you, and you persist without a reason, something is suspect in your reasoning ability.
If the magic number of three is reached and you persist in making light of the suggestions:
You're a fucking idiot!!! Why are you here?
Now this being Literotica home of the Alts and Anons, you do have to make allowances and ask yourself is 1201 cleardaynow? I would tend to doubt it.
Is 1201 both cleardaynow and Tess? I really don't think so.So you look for patterns, voting, stylistics, etc.
Which all could be avoided with a set of simple questions, like why am I doing it? And what am I a fucking idiot???
And then followed up with the only logical conclusion that your impaired reasoning ability can come up with.
Yep! That's it. Yep, I am that fucking good, because I five and FAVE the greats, sometimes they five and FAVE me back. Comments that say anything suck, and the others are evil, racist bastards, that know nothing of my GREATNESS. YESSS??!!?!?!?!?!!?!????!?
Let's change the subject after all, poetry does not equal soul, humantarian concern, and the fact I like to think about spanking women. I would bet you 1201 never spanked a woman. YES???!!!!????!?? I got him there.
YESSS??!!!!!!!
IM the better POET??!!!???!
I GOT more POEMS??!!!!
MORE exclamation points!!!?????!!
And 1201 admits he may be wrong.......
THERE???!!!!!!!!! Something no real poet does?!!!?!!!?
SURELY he must be stopped??@!@!

Which I just did - 1201
Yes, I admit, I don't even think about spanking women, and I don't even like to think about kicking ass...a miserable failure on both counts
I am wasting my time
ANONS AND ALTOONS RULE
don't they?

the threes have it

from sound to sight to ideas triangulating

and let's not forget the holy trinity - propaganda and advertising

twos and threes are something 'duse without realising it, writing as the words suggested themselves. then i'd look back and wince seeing i'd used a particular word more than once. :rolleyes:

i'm big on circles, though. less pointy.

for ashm and erectus (small case e) in his absence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_three_%28writing%29

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfThree

http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2012/07/02/thomas-jefferson-steve-jobs-and-the-rule-of-3/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rule%20of%20three

As applied here, i.e. My rule of three
If someone tells you, something is a bad idea, listen
If two people tell you, and you persist without a reason, something is suspect in your reasoning ability.
If the magic number of three is reached and you persist in making light of the suggestions:
You're a fucking idiot!!! Why are you here?
Now this being Literotica home of the Alts and Anons, you do have to make allowances and ask yourself is 1201 cleardaynow? I would tend to doubt it.
Is 1201 both cleardaynow and Tess? I really don't think so.So you look for patterns, voting, stylistics, etc.
Which all could be avoided with a set of simple questions, like why am I doing it? And what am I a fucking idiot???
And then followed up with the only logical conclusion that your impaired reasoning ability can come up with.
Yep! That's it. Yep, I am that fucking good, because I five and FAVE the greats, sometimes they five and FAVE me back. Comments that say anything suck, and the others are evil, racist bastards, that know nothing of my GREATNESS. YESSS??!!?!?!?!?!!?!????!?
Let's change the subject after all, poetry does not equal soul, humantarian concern, and the fact I like to think about spanking women. I would bet you 1201 never spanked a woman. YES???!!!!????!?? I got him there.
YESSS??!!!!!!!
IM the better POET??!!!???!
I GOT more POEMS??!!!!
MORE exclamation points!!!?????!!
And 1201 admits he may be wrong.......
THERE???!!!!!!!!! Something no real poet does?!!!?!!!?
SURELY he must be stopped??@!@!

Which I just did - 1201
Yes, I admit, I don't even think about spanking women, and I don't even like to think about kicking ass...a miserable failure on both counts
I am wasting my time
ANONS AND ALTOONS RULE
don't they?

I've never felt i'm "GREAT ". ! don't know why all you Americans refer to ! as exclamation points PC Wren's Grammar which the Brits [ Macauley] prescribed for Indian Educational institutions calls ! Exclamation Marks : I have consciously tried to cut down on Exclamation marks after Tess advised me unless I want to needle you particularly but in certain situations the ! + ? combo is warranted by the exigencies of the circumstances .
I've never felt "I'm the better Poet compared to 1201 " : GM , Tod , Harry all respect you so much , your grasp of Poetry's intricacies is too vast'n deep for a midget like me to ever rival !?!
Please do Not suffer from any Misapprehensions that I do Not know my limitations but do Not knock humanitarian Concerns whether in Mumbai or Gaza because I have a firm conviction which I do feel is shared by Dem , Erectus , Magnetron ,OB, Trix, Harry, Tod, GM , Angie & others that Substance trumps Style .
as for Fave-ing & Five-ing GM & Dems poems I do it out of respect for their Craft : OK if you gnash your teeth & think there that fuckin' Asshole goes Facebook style Networking with the Poetic Leaders here you are missing the respect I have for them & affection they have for me ?!
inspite of everything I am still fond of the Grizzly Old Man that you are but you have called me a " fuckin' asshole " @ least 33 times in last 4 years !!?
if you had called me same as a token of Buddyship I wouldn't have minded but you have the attitude of a Boot Camp Sargeant !?!
look unlike a Retiree like you I have a Family to feed , a Company to run & I do not sit around moping all day on comments made or Not made on either FB or Lit [ right now my Govt's Sales Tax deptt is givin' me a rough time with a very demandin' VAT audit[ that's Value Added Tax for U] : so old-Timer I have got off my anger 'n complaints off my chest by writin' this .
BTW in your illustrated 11 years on LIT you must have had @ least 30 fights with various Poets so by the Power of 30 could you please unbend a wee bit & stop callin' us lesser mortals " fuckin' assholes " etc colourful monikers ??----ashesh9

I've never felt i'm "GREAT ". ! don't know why all you Americans refer to ! as exclamation points PC Wren's Grammar which the Brits [ Macauley] prescribed for Indian Educational institutions calls ! Exclamation Marks : I have consciously tried to cut down on Exclamation marks after Tess advised me unless I want to needle you particularly but in certain situations the ! + ? combo is warranted by the exigencies of the circumstances .
I've never felt "I'm the better Poet compared to 1201 " : GM , Tod , Harry all respect you so much , your grasp of Poetry's intricacies is too vast'n deep for a midget like me to ever rival !?!
Please do Not suffer from any Misapprehensions that I do Not know my limitations but do Not knock humanitarian Concerns whether in Mumbai or Gaza because I have a firm conviction which I do feel is shared by Dem , Erectus , Magnetron ,OB, Trix, Harry, Tod, GM , Angie & others that Substance trumps Style .
as for Fave-ing & Five-ing GM & Dems poems I do it out of respect for their Craft : OK if you gnash your teeth & think there that fuckin' Asshole goes Facebook style Networking with the Poetic Leaders here you are missing the respect I have for them & affection they have for me ?!
inspite of everything I am still fond of the Grizzly Old Man that you are but you have called me a " fuckin' asshole " @ least 33 times in last 4 years !!?
if you had called me same as a token of Buddyship I wouldn't have minded but you have the attitude of a Boot Camp Sargeant !?!
look unlike a Retiree like you I have a Family to feed , a Company to run & I do not sit around moping all day on comments made or Not made on either FB or Lit [ right now my Govt's Sales Tax deptt is givin' me a rough time with a very demandin' VAT audit[ that's Value Added Tax for U] : so old-Timer I have got off my anger 'n complaints off my chest by writin' this .
BTW in your illustrated 11 years on LIT you must have had @ least 30 fights with various Poets so by the Power of 30 could you please unbend a wee bit & stop callin' us lesser mortals " fuckin' assholes " etc colourful monikers ??----ashesh9
Where do get this information? My Bio?
And how do you know this? These 11 years and 30 poets? And if so, you must know that I should be approached very carefully.

Put two and two together, if you are needling (and you are doing it here) me, what do you expect? The rules of engagement are you generally get what you ask for (and sometimes a whole hell of a lot more) , I am very careful about this, some unsure newb gets handled a completely different way then someone that has been here for a time. And I am very good at determining demeanour and attitude.

This precious "time" that you speak of, how do you think I feel about wasting it, the advice given to you by Tess was also given to you by me, in a completely different way at first, and in both cases it looked like it was treated as a joke.

I know how things work around here, the little nests, you sent me what 2 emails in my absence, and an anon moves in, on top on that someone tries to bury me.
I don't know you, you don't me, so what little nest do you get this information from? This is rhetorical, I do not want an answer, that would be a violation of trust.
Furthermore, I do know two of my anons, I do not like what they did, I mention that and I do not like the reaction, especially from a former moderator (Pandora Glitters).
So this thing you just posted, what the fuck is it? Most of it looks like more needling, lecture, a little bit of flattery, all of which if you did know me, you would know I am largely unresponsive to.
Now your time is best spent reading that other thread, slowly, carefully, unless you already know it and you are somebodies Altoon.

l I have a Family to feed , a Company to run & I
This is all information, I did not ask for, this may or may not be true, it is offered to lend a credibility as to whatever else is said i.e would subject show the same care he shows for poetry as he does for his Company, if he does not pay attention to punctuation.
Humanitarian concerns? We are dealing with poetry.
These 30 poets, how many are ALTS i.e. would he count bflaggst and WilliamButlerYeats as one or two?
These 30 poets, is he including the discussion between Pat Carrington and myself regarding one of his poems.
There are several other semantic tricks here. i.e.
because I have a firm conviction which I do feel is shared by Dem , Erectus , Magnetron ,OB, Trix, Harry, Tod, GM , Angie & others that Substance trumps Styl .

GM and Angie are firm believers in the edit, and the sometimes high order of the craft is not something that is easily dashed off, the others I am not that familiar with, however all showed evidence of thought behind what was wrote.
i.e. "Think it Though"
This is offered as a defense of indifference to style. This is not the same thing.
Tod is a good case in point, he arrived later and he progressed further, and has the good sense to listen. Correlation does not necessarily imply causation, but it is worth thinking about.
Part of this is also phishing by baiting. Retired? Old Timer? As was the email inquiry as to whether I was Egyptian or Russian.
I am at least eleven, assuming I am the same twelveoone.-conjecture, trust no one, nothing.
Part of this also implies I have more time on my hand then he does.
The only thing I make claim to is not everything you think of deserves to considered as poetry of interest. In that case, I am a more of a rarity, but not unique. And not always right.

the threes have it

from sound to sight to ideas triangulating

and let's not forget the holy trinity - propaganda and advertising

twos and threes are something 'duse without realising it, writing as the words suggested themselves. then i'd look back and wince seeing i'd used a particular word more than once. :rolleyes:

i'm big on circles, though. less pointy.
This is a whole 'nother thread.
But the key is looking back and changng the winceable ones, selectively used it is physiological impressement.
ps, expect a PM within the next few days.

Very interesting things you know and research, so I went and looked at some of my own writing and others that I have enjoyed and what do you know three's appear a lot, thank you for the info it helps with development and analysis of writing and poetry in general!

This is a whole 'nother thread.
But the key is looking back and changng the winceable ones, selectively used it is physiological impressement.
ps, expect a PM within the next few days.

looking forward to it :cool:

Back