Free association thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life in the Fast Lane. !

Speedy Gonzales

speedy-gonzales-A.gif

How many times do I have to tell you? Wash your hands after you've been playing with the coal.

That's another week successfully navigated, Steve :)

Close the Coalhouse Door, Boys (There's Blood Inside)
final_coalhouseheader.gif

I'll drink to that. Oh, wait. I am... :D

Last edited:
There surely was blood inside.
Remember a very good pair of plays on TV called "the Price of Coal" ?

There surely was blood inside.
Remember a very good pair of plays on TV called "the Price of Coal" ?

"These are garments, Mr. Cratchet. They were invented by the human race as a means to keep warm, and once purchased may be used indefinitely for that purpose. Coal burns. It is momentary and expensive. There'll be no more coal burned in this office today."

E. Scrooge

Queenie :D

Indeed, I remember it too. Written by Barry (Kes) Hines and Ken Loach, no less...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Price_of_Coal

"Management recognises it but has to play the game.
Special toilets must be constructed "just in case" and then destroyed after the visit. "

Early in my career as an Airman (early 60s), I was stationed at a unit in the south of England. Certain members of the Royal Family were due to visit and lots of arrangements were put in hand, including the complete ruination of our crew room so it could be converted to a 'comfort' suite for a Royal botty.

The Royal Person visited the unit, failed to need the comfort suite and the whole thing was returned to use as our crew room within a week.
At no time were we permitted to see it, let alone use it.

"Management recognises it but has to play the game.
Special toilets must be constructed "just in case" and then destroyed after the visit. "

Early in my career as an Airman (early 60s), I was stationed at a unit in the south of England. Certain members of the Royal Family were due to visit and lots of arrangements were put in hand, including the complete ruination of our crew room so it could be converted to a 'comfort' suite for a Royal botty.

The Royal Person visited the unit, failed to need the comfort suite and the whole thing was returned to use as our crew room within a week.
At no time were we permitted to see it, let alone use it.

Goodness hides behind its gates.
But even the president of the United States
Sometimes must have to stand naked

(Bob Dylan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back