other contexts call a werewolf howl

and one may swear a phantom
surrounds the cottage with black breath
- okay it could be any color
but the subject's diary lettering

chillingly scratchy avers that
the hickory twigs, sick of the winter,
scratched on windows with terrible rhythm,
leaving naught to do that night but shiver.

You're getting right back into the swing of things. :)

Always been something about the atmosphere in these parts that stimulates like no other, like breathing lots of sweet literary fumes. Gotta try and make... hell, make something.

Always been something about the atmosphere in these parts that stimulates like no other, like breathing lots of sweet literary fumes. Gotta try and make... hell, make something.

I'm convinced this is the best place on the web to work on one's poems. We may not have the big workshops others do, but there's something about the nature of the site and the relative anonymity we have that allows people to be more open in what they attempt. It can have a very positive effect for me, like no other writing site can. :)

I'm convinced this is the best place on the web to work on one's poems. We may not have the big workshops others do, but there's something about the nature of the site and the relative anonymity we have that allows people to be more open in what they attempt. It can have a very positive effect for me, like no other writing site can. :)

that I have a funny feeling we've had this kind of conversation before only verifies and maybe double-verifies that it is truer than ever. Maybe a word like Stimulation fits in here somewhere. Spark plugs get to sparking as they don't quite spark elsewhere.

To rudely interject, as she nods vigorously, "ain't that the truth!!!" I haven't been to that many (five, to be exact) sites, and I keep coming back here as the best. It's supportive, intelligent, marred with little egotism among most. And quite welcoming.

Thank you again, to all. I am grateful. I never expected to find this group, right here.

To rudely interject, as she nods vigorously, "ain't that the truth!!!" I haven't been to that many (five, to be exact) sites, and I keep coming back here as the best. It's supportive, intelligent, marred with little egotism among most. And quite welcoming.

Thank you again, to all. I am grateful. I never expected to find this group, right here.

While I did happen to be in the neighborhood, when I began to entertain the nagging question, "hm, wonder if I'd enjoy writing poetry?" it was here I dipped my toes. Might be the latitude. Wide. Very wide, the latitude. Been sitting here trying to imagine where a wider latitude may be, and can't imagine it.

getting one of those feelings that the direction may try to stray and will end up with the upper hand - in other words, if a moderator wonders if this ought to not be relocated to the hangout, that might be a cool move.

Because I think I just discovered something that relates to a broader theme than poetry in such a strict poetic sense. But it needs testing - verification before divulging. Placeholder short version: environment/atmosphere may not be all, but I am as of a couple hours ago convinced it is a bigger player than often credited for.

getting one of those feelings that the direction may try to stray and will end up with the upper hand - in other words, if a moderator wonders if this ought to not be relocated to the hangout, that might be a cool move.

Because I think I just discovered something that relates to a broader theme than poetry in such a strict poetic sense. But it needs testing - verification before divulging. Placeholder short version: environment/atmosphere may not be all, but I am as of a couple hours ago convinced it is a bigger player than often credited for.

Well hmmnmm (I like to write your name cause it took me so long to remember to put that "n" in the middle!), you have options. If you want to keep this as your poem/poem workshop thread and also have a more freewheeling thread in the Hangout you could:

1) Move this thread there and start a new poem oriented thread here;

2) Start a new thread in the Hangout and I could move the non-poem posts into it so we can continue those conversations without your poems getting lost in the midst of um people like me who blah blah :eek: ;

3) Leave this thread as is here; or

4) I dunno. You tell me.

I know that a new iteration of the blankie thread would be a hit, but sounds like you have something new up your sleeve. :)

Well hmmnmm (I like to write your name cause it took me so long to remember to put that "n" in the middle!), you have options. If you want to keep this as your poem/poem workshop thread and also have a more freewheeling thread in the Hangout you could:

1) Move this thread there and start a new poem oriented thread here;

2) Start a new thread in the Hangout and I could move the non-poem posts into it so we can continue those conversations without your poems getting lost in the midst of um people like me who blah blah :eek: ;

3) Leave this thread as is here; or

4) I dunno. You tell me.

I know that a new iteration of the blankie thread would be a hit, but sounds like you have something new up your sleeve. :)

hm, how about leaving this to trickle away and open something in the Hangout, maybe a blankie iteration something or other.

But ...... but .......... but ............ it's my blankie and I ain't sharing! Although come to think of it that could be fun under certain circumstances ;):devil:

But ...... but .......... but ............ it's my blankie and I ain't sharing! Although come to think of it that could be fun under certain circumstances ;):devil:

Annie, your blankie is your blankie forever and ever and ever. :rose:

Back