Love at First Sight? (closed)

musicankane

I blew a monkey once.
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Posts
15,633
The odds of getting through to a radio station on normal circumstances, to suggest a song or something. But when there is a contest going on, the odds drop to near impossible. So when ESPN radio was holding a contest to win tickets to a Lakers game courtside, I knew that my chances of actually getting through was nay on impossible.

Yet here I was, staring at a pair of Lakers tickets in my hand. I glanced up and looked at Staples Center and wondered how fucking lucky I had to be to get here through the methods I used to get here. Perhaps it was fate that brought me here tonight, fate wanted me to be courtside for Kobe's return to the court after weeks of injury.

Thirty minutes before tipoff I was sitting in my seat with a beer in my hand and a hotdog in my lap. I watched the Lakers girls dancing about and I marveled in their beauty. God the girls that they got to be professional cheerleaders weren't even fair in beauty. It was like they carved these chicks out of stone or something. I enjoyed the dances the way a red blooded guy would enjoy sexy chicks bouncing around.

I was watching this brunette girl on the end, furthest from me. Something about her just caught my eye far more than any of the others. I don't know what it was about her, something about the way she moved and held herself that pulled me toward her. I don't know how long I was watching her when she looked my eyes.

Suddenly my world went black. In that brief instant our eyes locked, that infinitely small moment everything clicked. My heart beat seemed to stop, as our eyes locked. I needed her more than anything I've ever needed in my life, more than food, water, fucking air itself. I need her, I wanted her. More than a simple wave of lust, this was more powerful than that. I wanted her in my life, I wanted to be with her, to hold her, and love her.

Was this love?

Love at first sight?

How could that be? That was something that only happened in stories right?

Then the world came crashing around me again. I snapped back to reality and I realized that the game had started. Dear lord how long had I been staring hopelessly at a cheerleader? What in the world happened to me.
 
Layla, was feeling a little run down, not only was she a cheerleader for the Lakers and had to be at each game, she also did performed with the cheer team at many other events and venues, and when the season was over she loved returning to her job at Hooters. it sounded so odd when people asked her what she did, telling them she was a Laker's cheerleader was the mind blower, then once she told them she also was a waitress at Hooter's they seemed to think she was kidding them.

She had the job before she even became a cheerleader for the team, she always said she would never leave and worked there mainly when she had down time during the end of the season and still met with the cheer team to get ready for the following season. The deal with cheerleading was every season they had to re-try out again and again to keep their place on the squad, nobody was safe. Which was why she kept her other job, plus they worked with her cheer schedule. She had a college degree and one day she'd use it, for now she just went with the flow while the river was still moving fast.

Yesterday they made an appearance for a biker rally, who was raising money for a certain organization for children. The cheer squad was always available for anything when it came to raising money for charity on behalf of kids. If it wasn't the whole squad it was those who could make it.

The game was about to start, the squad took their place center court and began their routine. Layla glanced around, she watched as the girls were large and in charge on the jumbo-tron above their heads. They moved in sync, the routine was practiced over and over, they moved swiftly and didn't skip a beat.

It was the last cheer, the longest as they fell into a straight line side by side. Layla had a habit of focusing on one person in the crowd, she scanned the seats again and noticed one guy that just stood out to her. He wasn't one of the classy business man types, he looked more down to earth and that was a look she loved on a guy-casual.

She watched him, his eyes moved along the line of her fellow cheerleaders from left to right. Like most of the people in the stadium were doing. His eyes seemed to stay on her, she glanced away and then back, that was when she smiled bigger, feeling a flutter within her stomach and they stay locked in a look from half way across the stadium.

Layla had never felt like this, it was crazy but there was an instant connection about him, everything else shut down as if it were only them there alone filling the huge space. There was time she couldn't count for, she did the routine as always, kept in step but didn't remember it. Hell for all she knew, maybe she wasn't in step and that was why he was starring at her.

As they ended their routine, she took one last glance at him and headed off the court. each step she took, the short uniform skirt bounced against her upper thighs. They shook their pom poms all the way off the court.
 
The basketball game went on, and Kobe was in peak form which was something we hadn't seen from him in a while. It was good to see the Lakers actually winning for a change. This season had been nothing but shitty for us, but now that people were coming back from injuries, things were starting to look up. Despite how great the game was and how exciting it was to be this close to all the action, I couldn't get my mind off that girl.

Okay most people would simply say that I was just crushing hard on a pretty face. But I didn't think that was the case. Not this time. I've seen beautiful women before, stunningly beautiful women even. Yet when my eyes met hers it was like a spell had been cast on me. My stomach hurt now that I couldn't see her on the court anymore, the thought that I might never see her again just made me absolutely sick.

I couldn't explain it, I couldn't even comprehend it. But it was almost like that woman was the other half of my soul or something. Which if that was really a thing, then I was completely fucked. I mean, what chance did I have in getting a girl that hot? I was a fucking accountant. I did paperwork for a living, and she wouldn't ever look at me twice. Hell I probably would never see her again, unless the girls came out again at halftime, and then that would be it.

This game would be over and I would never see that woman in person ever again. The very thought of that just made me dizzy and depressed.

I shook my head and tried really hard to enjoy the game. To get her out of my mind.
 
The first quarter half of the cheer squad sent out a couple girls to try and get the crowd cheering for their teams. Layla wasn't one of them. She sat in the locker room and studied, she was trying to take a few college courses on top of everything else she was doing, so spare time wasn't something she had much of. While other girls perused different paths, hers was college.

Half time came and the whole squad returned to center court, once in a line it all began..."Dribble it *clap clap*, Pass it *clap, clap* We made a basket *clap clap* they continued to get the crowd involved, simple regular cheers always did it. The cheers that were easy to remember that they could carry from game to game. Those who attended the games knew them well.

They began forming a pyramid, Layla was on the middle layer standing on shoulders of two of her teammates while another stood on hers and the girl aside her. "We got pride on our side...you know it...we show it..we've got pride...Go lakers!" The fans clapped and whistled. As the pyramid came down, Layla looked for the guy again, she eyed the crowd until she found him, and again he was watching her like a hawk and it wasn't that creepy feeling but it was intense as their eyes looked locked for the last cheer.

Once half time was over she knew she had to return to the floor for a quarter to rally the crowd up again. Her and three other squad member ran out and stood on the side of the court behind the players and started to cheer. Once more, she looked for 'him' and knew where to find him. This time she offered a friendly smile in his direction and began their cheers.

As the Laker's scored thanks to Kobe the fans went crazy, yelling, whistling, hollering his name. Layla forgot all about the game behind her and continued cheering till her time was up. Every now and then she would return her eyes to 'him' and he was doing the same. She chuckled within wondering how much of the game her actually saw when she was on the court, it was a flattering feeling.

After a couple years you got to know the creepy feelings from men, verses the not so creepy ones. It was really hard to explain in words, but more and inner gut feeling. Her time on the court was over, so she waved a goodbye using her pom-poms to the crowd and offered another smile to 'him' as she headed back. The second squad would finish of the rest of the game whether they won or lost.

Layla showered and changed into a pair of jeans, tee and sneakers. She packed her bag up with her uniform and tossed it over her shoulder and headed up to grab a bite of food. it had been since this morning that she had eaten anything.

The lines were short, most fans were watching the last quarter, sending their kids, wives, friends or girlfriend to get food while they sat in their seats. Layla left her long hair up in a ponytail till she would get home, she waited, chatted with fans who recognized her, signed a few autographs for them too. Just as many people loved the cheerleaders as they did the players. It was an honor to Layla to be asked.

Once she reached the counter she rattled off an order of a burger, fries and a diet coke. She paid for it and found a seat by the window where she could watch the tail end of the game. From where she sat she couldn't see 'him', she wouldn't know him anyways from just seeing the back of his head. maybe she would wait...or wander down into the seating area...or...just chalk it off as nothing but her gut was telling her different.
 
I felt like a moron really. Every time that girl came out to cheer with the other girls and get the crowd going, the basketball game just faded into white noise. I saw only her, as if everything around me was dark and she was the only source of light. I was blown away by all how well she moved and I would be lying if I didn't admit that I thought about how good she probably was in bed. Those hips! Dear Lord, those hips!

During the in between moments when she wasn't on the court cheering I was able to follow the game. Whatever spell was cast on me while she was around, faded when she left. However i found myself always checking the cheerleading group for her. It pulled me out of the game, but luckily I didn't pay for the ticket and she wasn't always on the floor so I did see some great plays and enjoyed the parts of the game I got to pay full attention to.

Toward the end of the third quarter she made her final appearance on the floor. I smiled at her like a moron, but was genuinely shocked and delighted that she saw me and smiled back. It wasn't like a smile that was generic toward the rest of the crowd. I don't know how I knew, but I knew that when she smiled at me, it was absolutely meant for me.

Then again, perhaps I was just being a fool.

After that she left the court for what would be her final time. As the game drew to the final quarter I knew the cheerleaders where done when they kind of packed up and left the court. I sighed and sat back in my seat. Well I guess it was over right? I'd never see her again, unless of course I bought more Lakers tickets, but the seats I could afford would be nowhere near courtside.

I wondered if she noticed me the way I had noticed her. I mean she gave me a very deliberate smile, that had to mean she at least noticed me. Right? Then again maybe she had just seen me staring at her like a jackass and was simply being nice. I sighed and clapped as Kobe made a basket.

Maybe I would get lucky though. If this feeling was real in the pit of my stomach, perhaps fate would pull some strings for me.
 
Layla took her time and ate, as always there were whispers from people walking by trying to figure out if she was a Laker's cheerleader or just looked like familiar. Sometimes it was a little annoying but she knew that of it wasn't for the teams fan base she wouldn't have the job. She liked to travel, but she would have to admit, if her friends asked her about joining she wouldn't encourage it.

Trying out she could sum up in one word...mayhem, because that's what it was. She had watched so many girls struggle through auditions over the past couple years. She hated to see those leave with dreams shattered and in tears. They had no clue how much hard work went into it, or the low pay and the drama bullshit. This was why she kept her Hooter's job and took college classes. This wasn't going to last for ever. Plus not having time to date was getting old.

Watching her friends marry, settle down and have children could sometimes be painful, she envied them. It just didn't seem to be in the cards for her lately. Heck, finding a man that would put up with her cheerleading, traveling around, working at hooters and college would be hard. He would need to be goal oriented, hard-working, trusting and most of all loving. Adding into that they needed to be very compatible. She had seen to many relationships go down the drain when the 'honeymoon' period was over and all they had left was hallway sex. Which was when you passed each other in the hallway you said fuck you back and forth...that was hallway sex and something she never wanted to go through first hand.

The game was almost over, The Laker's had it in the bag, she was glad. It wasn't because there would be a victory party in about an hour but more so, the squad and players would be in a great mood. She didn't ride with anyone, she drove herself which she liked to do most of the time. it gave her time to clear her head and just relax listening to music or a recording of a lecture for class.

Layla finished her food, leaving half the burger on the paper plate and she walked it over to the trash can and slipped it in. She grabbed her bag and headed out the door to the seats and found an empty one to watch the last play of the evening. Her bag slipped off her shoulder and she placed it on the seat aside her and watched again as Kobe had the ball passed to him.

The guys were great, there was a few that asked her out but, she didn't want to be involved with players in all senses of the word. Layla sipped her soda as the fan began to hoot and holler as he moved down the court with the ball. Glancing around she caught 'him' sitting to the right side of her about twelve rows down. She wanted what his name was, he looked like a Mark, Dave, Mike or maybe a Jason. he was neat, not sloppy, but not in a suit of course, casually comfortable like she likes to be at a game. She may have been a Laker's cheerleader but football was more her sport, or boxing and even hockey and NASCAR.

Layla watched him from afar, was she acting creepy? She chuckled and took a drink, her eyes went to the last play and then back to him. There was the oddest of feelings, Layla could see the stranger and it was like he was tempting her, calling her nearer...she was stumped. Was the feelings she was having fate? Kismet? Love at first sight? Were any of those things even real?
 
The game ended with a Lakers' win, something that we really needed this season. The crowd cheered, hell I even cheered allowing the thoughts of the cheerleading beauty to fall from my head for a moment. After the celebration, the crowd began to shift toward the exits. I grabbed my trash and turned toward the exits and froze.

There she was! Right there. Not ten rows, fifteen rows maybe from me. My heart skipped a beat as I noticed her. She was wearing plain clothing now, no longer in her uniform and if it was possible she was even more beautiful than before. I watched her get out of her seat and start for the exits, but before that our eyes met again.

The crowd broke our eye contact and suddenly I realized that if I ever hoped to speak with that woman, I needed to push my way through the crowd and get to her. I shoved my way through people, I think I even pushed passed Adam Sandler on my way. I managed to get into the main hallways, but there were so many people I had no idea which way to go to best get to her.

"Fuck." I muttered and shoved my way right, lifting up onto my tip toes every now and again as I tried to get a look at her. I thought that she was this direction, or at least she would be coming out from this direction, the hope was that I didn't go too far.

The throng of people was far to thick so I pushed to the side of the walk way and decided to climb up onto a trash can to get a bird's eye view of the crowd. I hoped that I would be able to spot her in the crowd this way. Again I was pulling at fate in the hopes that something would pull for me.

"Come on, where are you?" I asked myself.
 
Layla watched the last play, Kobe took the shot and she watched as the ball sailed through the air with ease and hit the backboard and fell down into the hoop and through the net. The crowd was already standing as the yelling and cheering began. The voices were female as well as male and even kids screaming at the top of their lungs.

She smiled, yelled out a hoot and holler for the team and then reached down, grabbed her large bag and tossed it over her shoulder. It was impossible to see him any longer with the crowd all over the place. Most of them male and most way taller than her. She sighed out, she could either wait to see if he would come this way or exit the other direction, she chose to walk out as she hated to get pushed around in the crowd especially with her bag causing her to easily be pushed down with its bulky size. If you have never been to a game, you have no ides how rowdy fans can be regardless if their team won or lost.

As Layla turned she froze for a few seconds, there he was behind a crowd of guys all heading her way. They connected again with their eyes and then he was lost again. She quickly stepped out before the men and hurried as best as she could up and through the propped open doorway.

Layla stepped aside hoping she would see him go by, she didn't know why this was so important to her but it just seemed to be. The hardest part of leaving the games were when the famous stars made an appearance and moved through the crowd with their entourage around them. Layla shook her head, as the she watched large groups of muscle bound men surrounding Jack Nicholson, Ice cube, Penny Marshall, and Arsenio Hall. She could have swore she heard somebody yell about seeing Adam Sandler which wouldn't surprise her as there were many stars that loved to show up and sit front row at the games. Layla got over being star struck after her first few games, to her they were just regular people with wealth.

The party for the win would be at the normal restaurant, she wasn't sure if she wanted to even go. She didn't need to make an appearance, not like it was mandatory so she decided to just leave, fight to find her car and go home.

Layla turned and snuck into the crowd, she headed towards one of the exits and into the parking lot where she didn't feel so cloister phobic. reaching into the small zipper pocket on her bag she fished out her keys which had a small can of pepper spray on it and looked for her row so she could get the hell out of the mad house.

In her head was his image, she chalked it up to just a moment in time with him and walked down the row shuffling her bag about her shoulder as she felt the weight up it anchoring her down with a slight inkling of pain.
 
There she was! I almost cried out to her in relief as I spotted her in the crowd. Though I only caught a view of the back of her head, I knew it to be her. I don't know how I knew, I just knew that she was the person I had been searching for. I leapt from the trash can and darted into the crowd yet again. Pushing and shoving my way through the crowd to try my best to catch up.

I was panting by the time I reached the parking lot. I looked around frantically for her. But I didn't see her. My stomach dropped as I realized I might have lost her yet again, after coming so close. Was I just meant to be taunted, almost catching her over and over again but never getting a face to face? Like some nightmare.

Determined to try until it was hopeless, I pushed out into the parking lot. I turned my head back and forth looking for anyone that might be her. Every moment that passed in which I didn't see anyone, or at least anyone female, my heart increased in panic.

I rounded a corner and suddenly there she was. Her car keys were in her hand and she was unlocking her door. There was still time, there was still a chance. I moved carefully forward and reached out for her.

"Uh....excuse me." I said, my voice a little hoarse. "Err...Hi. My name is Jason I was sitting courtside tonight and I umm...." I chuckled, "Okay this is probably going to sound like the stupidest thing you've ever heard, but I saw you tonight and something just pulled at me. Would you believe me if I said that it seems like fated demanded that I meet you tonight?" I asked, letting my hand fall in a slump.
 
Layla felt the bag slide quickly down her shoulder and thud upon the macadam of the parking lot. She sighed softly trying to convince herself she needed to go to the victory party, yet really didn't want to. The decision was made, she was sticking to her original plan to just grab a coffee at the closest place and head home.

A sound like a drawn out whine caught her attention as she looked up and watched as a security guard whizzed by on a white segway. he offered her a wave and a smile as he went on his merry way policing the lot. Layla offered a quick wave and smile in return and watched as he moved along.

Putting the key in the lock, the door locks popped open. She reached down and grabbed her bag, and got ready to toss it into the back seat. Layla heard shoes upon the blacktop, running and coming closer. The lot was patrolled heavily but it only took a second for something to happen and nobody would even see it.

Her hand went up as she turned, her pepper spray was ready and as he startled her she hit it with her finger allowing a very small bit to release from the small key chain can. Layla then realized who it was as she heard him talking and felt bad if she got it in his face.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry..." she said as she heard his words and felt flattered but was more concerned with possibly spraying his face. She dug in her bag and offered a tissue, it was the other thing she had to help if her aim was on the money.

The whirling and whizzing sound of a segway was getting closer and closer by the second. Layla must have missed his face as she pulled it all together, her heart beat was back to normal but he was still a stranger to her.

"Hello Jason, I'm Layla." She looked over his face wondering if his eyes will tear or turn red since she never used the thing before. She had to admit it she knew exactly what he meant. "It doesn't sound stupid, I saw you just as you did me and the pull thing, I felt it. maybe its chance, kismet or fate I don't know."

The segway pulled into the empty spot aside her car, and the security guard spoke, "Everything okay Ma'am?"

Layla looked at Jason, she studied his face quickly and then nodded, "Everything is fine here. Thank you for coming up and checking." She answered back to the guard. He nodded, said goodnight and whizzed off again. Layla had a feeling he wouldn't be far away from her car.
 
I was lucky that she must not have squeezed her little pepper spray can very hard. I saw it puff at me, but the mist fell short of me altogether. I let out a sigh of relief and jerked when a security guard wheeled by on a segue. The woman said that everything was fine and the guard wheeled away, leaving me just staring at this girl would had completely consumed my thoughts.

She confirmed that I wasn't crazy and even admited that she had felt the same kind of pull that had overcome me. I smiled at that, wondering if fate truly had pulled us together. "Layla." I said, testing her name on my lips. It felt right, felt good. I cleared my throat before I sounded stupid and said, "Nice to meet you Layla. Listen, how about we go snag a cup of coffee or something and see if fate pulled us together for a reason?"

I let myself look at her up close for the first time. Her skin was flawless, her face smooth and jaw dropping. Her body, holy fuck her body, with large and firm breasts, a tight flat tummy and a fucking ass that looked like it could crush my skull, this was a well built woman that had no business talking to a dork like me.

Yet she had felt the pull of it all as well. When our eyes met, the world vanished, even standing here in the parking lot with her our eyes would meet and everything faded around us.

I took a step closer to her, "Layla, I want to buy you a cup of coffee and a stack of pancakes." I told her with a smirk. "But please put that pepper spray away. I don't believe I felt such a pull toward you solely to be blinded." I teased.
 
Layla watched as he spoke her name, just her name as if he was testing it out upon his lips. She watched how his tongue showed slightly between his lips when he pronunciated the 'L' in the beginning and middle. She smiled brightly, and could feel her cheeks warm with a slight blush in color.

He was sweet she thought, loved how he almost seemed to stumble over his words. He reminded her of a schoolboy trying to ask the little red headed girl to be his friend. "Fate works in mysterious ways Jason. Haven't you hear that statement sometime as you were growing up by an adult?"

Stepping aside she grabbed the strap of her bag and picked it up, she leaned in, flipped her seat back and tossed it in with a shove and pushed her seat back as stood up and their eyes connected again.

"Layla, I want to buy you a cup of coffee and a stack of pancakes." I told her with a smirk. "But please put that pepper spray away. I don't believe I felt such a pull toward you solely to be blinded." He said making her laugh softly.

"Okay, Okay, Coffee will be fine, I just ate in there." She pondered asking him to the after party but wondered if that was to much at first. Least there she had many around her, he was a stranger, she was taking a huge chance. Pondering it she gave him the offer of being around a lot of people and players verses her and coffee. "There is a victory party the Lakers always throw after they win a game. Would you like to go to it or just have coffee?" Giving him a choice any man would jump at, which was the party.

Layla may have been testing him, she wasn't sure if it was that or for her own safety. The whirling and whizzing sound came around again as the security guard did another round and smiled, making sure she was okay. Layla nodded and he continued his rounds.
 
A party? Well that would be awesome, I mean getting into a party with the Lakers and a chance to meet Kobe Bryant. That would be insane. However I didn't want to go, not now. I wanted to get to know this girl what seemed to call me from within our very souls. We needed to talk, to get a feel for each other, and maybe figure out if this fate pulling thing actually could become something serious.

I chuckled, "Now that is a tempting offer Layla." I loved saying her name. "I'd rather drink some coffee and get a chance to get to know you better. Just you. Maybe figure out why we've been pulled toward each other."

I gestured over my shoulder, "I'm actually parked in the VIP lot, since it came with my ticket. I know this great coffee shop on Vine and 7th. How about I meet you there in twenty?" I suggested.

I really didn't want to let her out of my sight, but leaving my car in the arena seemed like a terrible idea. Besides this was a good test of fate. If it really wanted us together, then she would show up. I hadn't had a girlfriend in three years, maybe I was just so desperate that fate decided to throw me a chance.

Dear God please don't let me blow this.
 
Layla watched his face, she could see he was thinking of which choice he would make, meeting some of the L.A. Lakers, perhaps all or spending time with just her. She for some reason had this huge trust in character in him and would hope her instincts were right and he chose coffee and just her.

She listened to him chuckle, and almost did back because even under just the parking lot light she could see he had slight dimples and to her that was attractive. He spoke and she could feel her stomach got into a big ol' knot till he spoke his choice.

Layla grinned wide, her eyes must have sparkled like two of the brightest stars in the evening sky when he picked the right, well what she thought was the right one...her. "I'm impressed, most men if not all would have chosen the Laker's party."

Listening to him, her eyes went from his to his mouth just watching how he spoke, the way his lips moved and nodded. "Okay, that sounds great." Layla replied. "In twenty it is. maybe we'll figure this all out."

It had been a long day and now it was turning into a long night. She locked eyes with him for a few stolen moments in time and then turned to get into her car. She watched as he turned and began to walk away. Her one brow raised as she caught a good look at him from behind and smiled. For some damn reason, he was just so sweet, or seemed that way.

Layla turned the key and listened to her car start right up. She turned on the stereo and pushed in a CD ad listened to The Airborne Toxic event fill the car. She had mood music and this CD was for her good moods, surprisingly enough her dad turned her on to the group and she liked them.

This was it as she put the car in gear, she could either show or go. She knew that he could never track her down only at a game and from there she could be extra careful or she could run with that feeling within her.

Thirty minutes later she made her choice and pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop. She sat there a few minutes and decided ..'why not?'...and got out, grabbed her purse and headed towards the door. She knew she was a little late but that was how traffic was when leaving the Center.
 
Getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare. I sat behind people who didn't understand how to drive and I was becoming anxious. If I was late would Layla just take off altogether? I don't know why it felt like my entire life depended on coffee with that woman, but I knew that I needed to make a showing.

When I finally got to the coffee house I looked around frantically for her car. Seeing nothing I felt my stomach turn into a knot. What if she had already come and left after seeing me not here? I parked and went inside. I figured that she probably had the same trouble getting out of the parking lot as I had.

I got a booth with a veiw of the door so I could see her if she walked in. The waitress brought me a coffee and I held my hands around the mug to keep them warm. My eyes darted out the window everything I caught even a glimpse of a set of headlights. With each car came hope that it would be Layla.

I was beginning to worry, when she finally walked into the building. I smiled and stood, walking over to her so I could lead her to our table. "That parking lot is the worst thing in the world." I told her as I waited for her to be seated before taking my own seat across from her.

"Well Layla tell me. What does a Lakers girl do for fun when not at a game?" I said smiling and trying to get the conversation ball rolling.
 
Layla reached up and yanked the ponytail holder from her hair allowing her long hair to cascade down her shoulders and around her face in long deep brown loose curls. She ran her fingers through her tress and shook it a little so it was flowing freely. Layla hoped she wasn't stood up, but if that was the case she'd still be getting a coffee to go and maybe a slice of pie or some quick dessert.

Opening the door she felt a little ache in her stomach, it felt a bit knotted as she was now feeling nervous and like that schoolgirl meeting a boy on the playground by the slide or swings. Layla looked around and spotted him immediately. She turned to the left and walked towards the booth. Funny, because she sucked in a breath pushing her breasts out and allowing it to release slowly between her slightly parted pouty light pink colored lips.

He stood as she smiled at him, and began walking towards her which to her was a nice gesture again showing his character. She took his lead and agree, "It always is after any event there. I apologize for being late."

He waited for her to take a seat in the booth, she slid in and placed her purse aside her, crossed her legs and placed her hands upon her lap as she looked over to him. She looked over his face, and listened to his question.

"Well, I'm a roller derby girl, I am also a black belt and I box in the female minor league" Layla said watching for his expression as she made a few quick poses with her arms showing her muscles. She laughed softly, "No I'm not those but other than being a L.A. Laker cheerleader I take a couple college courses and I work at Hooters as a Hooter girl. I've been there for quite a few years and it pays my bills. Plus I love the crowd." She kept her eye connection and it was her turn at twenty questions. "Your turn, what do you do other than picking up cheerleaders at games?"

Layla was surprised, she felt really relaxed sitting with him.
 
I laughed as she flexed her girly arms. Beautiful arms and nothing more than sexy femine arms. I wanted those arms around me, I wanted to be nestled in her bosom. Still I listened to her and smiled even wider when she said she was a Hooters girl. I had been to Hooters a few times but had never seen her there, although she could work at any number of those places and I would have no clue. She was certainly pretty enough to work there. Hell she was probably too pretty.

When her little tale was over she turned that question back on me and I shrugged, "Well I mean picking up cheerleaders is such a huge hobby of mine." I winked and shrugged, "I wish my life was exciting. I could make up something wild but the truth is I am an Accountant for a law firm downtown. I keep the books straight and make a decent living looking after everyone else's cash.It is not a job that gets me into Lakers parties or anything like that. Outside of work, I spend my time at home watching movies or playing games. Like I said not very exciting."

I took a sip of coffee as the waitress set down a fresh cup for Layla to have. "Honestly this coffeedate here is the closest I've come to a real date in years. Im naturally shy and just don't have much guts in the date asking department. With you though....this pull...these feelings...the way you seem to make my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. Layla, something has bought us to each other. Hell the only reason I was at the game tonight was because I won a radio contest. Can you just imagine the luck that took. This." I pointed at us back and forth. "This was meant to be. It must have been right?"
 
He laughed as she pulled the whole muscle thing, and told her little joke. Layla thought he had a nice laugh, it fit his personality. Her eyes stayed with his, she loved the specks of colors when the light hit them. There was a part of her that really made her want to run her long slender fingers through his hair or cup his face just to feel the little bit of 5 o'clock shadow on her palms. To let her fingertips slowly move along his jaw line.

Layla laughed softly at the comment about him picking up cheerleaders. They enjoyed a laugh between them which was so nice. There is a big difference between laughing with a 'friend', lover, partner and spouse verses just at a random joke like one that a customer would tell her where she felt she was obligated to laugh. It just felt good to her.

Layla waited before saying anything and just left him talk about himself. She caught the wink and once again she could feel her cheeks flush with a slight warmth from a quick blush. Layla's brow raised when he spoke about a job not getting him into Laker parties and wasn't sure to take that as a hit in the gut or not. She decided she would let it go and roll of her back believing he didn't mean anything about it.

A smile along with a polite "thank you", was offered to the waitress as Layla watched her place her coffee on the table. She added two sweet and low and creamer, stirring it she drifted a moment taking in what he had just said and then returned her eyes to his where they have been most of the evening.

"I have a very hard time thinking you're shy since you chased me around this evening." Layla smiled and said it in jest, she could actually tell he was slightly shy and a little awkward. "I haven't dated much either for quite a long time. I just never found the time in my schedule or a guy that shared my interests. I would have gladly made time for a man, but I just haven't met a guy worth the time. I also work for a charity and do private events for Autism."

Layla took a sip of the coffee, and slowly licked her lips with the tip of her tongue. "I understand the feeling/s you speak of, perhaps its just ...lust?" She offered as an explanation, not really knowing why they had this odd connection.

She thought to herself, "who doesn't want to be in that special relationship where maybe the stars lined up and out of nowhere set two people up to meet and realize they had found the real deal...true love?" But, she hadn't realized she said it aloud to him.
 
I took her comment about our pursuit of each other as lust and I shook my head, "I don't think it is lust. I've lusted for girls before and whatever this is.....it isn't lust...at least not completely." Then she threw out true love as a suggestion. For whatever reason that felt right. I couldn't explain it, but for some reason love was a very fitting word for it. Which was jarring in a way. There was no reason he should love her, nor why she should love him. Nevertheless, love was as good of a word as he could figure.

"Would that be crazy? True love." I looked into her eyes and asked, "Call me crazy Layla but that is the only thing that feels right in describing what pulled me to you." I swallowed and sat back in the seat. "God if that doesn't send you running, then maybe you and I are meant to be."

I chewed on my lower lip and smiled, "Well who are we to fight fate? Why dont we give it a shot. Trade me phone numbers and lets get together this week for a real date. Dinner. My treat. I know a great steakhouse that I think you will just love." I proposed. "What do you say Layla? Want to give fate a chance?"
 
Listening to him talk she could see in his eyes he was sure of himself and in this thoughts. She wanted to chuckle when he spoke of lusting for others because he spoke of being shy but held it back and just smiled and continued to keep the eye contact to show him her interest in his words. "I believe that lust plays it's role with love, they go hand in hand just on different levels of the relationship...if that makes sense."

Layla wasn't sure about true love, she's never experienced it. "I think the issue I have with titling something those two little words is that i have never felt it, so I personally don't know what it is."

She looked into her coffee and then lifted the cup and took a sip, placing it down she locked her eyes in his..."crazy man. "She laughed softly and then smirked at his following comment. "Takes a lot to make me run Jason, I'm a big girl and have my big girl panties on. Plus remember I'm a black belt roller derby girl with one hell of a right hook."

Layla listened to what he offered and took in a breath and cocked her head feeling the long loose curls fall like a wall from the side of her head as she reached up and pushed the hair back behind her ear. "Yanno, as crazy as this all is. I will agree to that date. You're no ax murderer right?" She grinned but for all she knew he was and for all he knew she could be a black widow in disguise.

Reaching into her purse she pulled out a pen and took an unused napkin and wrote down her number. For all they knew, they could give each other fake numbers and even their names. Layla was all around the internet on the L.A. Laker websites so he could easily check her out.
 
I felt myself smiling as she considered my offer of a date. For a moment I felt that she might refuse going out on a date with me, but fate had spun its web tightly around us it seemed and she wrote her number on a napkin and slide it toward me. I picked up the napkin and eyed her number.

"I've got to tell you something. This is probably the best phone number I've ever seen." I told her, "Check it out, no number repeats. You have seven unique digits in your number, do you have any idea how rare that is?" I said, then saw the look on her face and blushed a bit. "Oh sorry, yeah I kind of like numbers."

I folded up the napkin and said, "Well my phone's battery died halfway through the game tonight," I tucked the napkin into my pocket and grabbed another napkin to write my own number on it. "I will send you a text in the morning though. probably something super cute." I smiled.

I reached over to snag the pen she used to write down her number and jotted mine quickly on the napkin, before sliding both toward her. I ran my fingers through my dirty blonde hair and polished off my cup of coffee. "Well Layla, I think we've got ourselves a plan."

I leaned forward and put my hand on hers. I don't know why, but I wanted to touch her. The physical contact sent a shock up my spine, pleasure shot down my arm as if touching her was the most amazing thing I had ever down. My eyes went wide and I looked into her eyes. Her beautiful, hypnotic eyes.

"Do you feel that?" I asked breathlessly. "Could this be what it feels like when two people meant for each other, finally get together?"

I pulled back and shook my head, "God I'm sorry, I have to sound like a complete fool. How about we call it a night and I'll give you a call to arrange that date."
 
Layla watched as he looked at the napkin, and then laughed as he spoke about his likeness for numbers. "Well then it's a good thing you are an accountant. maybe I will hire you to do my taxes this year." She grinned and then took another sip of her coffee placing the cup back down knowing she would have a hard time finding sleep even though she was tired, caffeine tended to do that to her. Layla seemed to always temp the sandman with drinking coffee late at night, but when a craving for the caramel colored drink was calling she fed it without after thoughts.

She listened and watched him, she loved the way his sandy colored hair fell as his fingers ran thought it. part of it laid and the rest stuck up in a hawk style, it was like a bed-head look that was quite appealing to her.

"Well Layla, I think we've got ourselves a plan." He said as she nodded.

As she took the napkin and folded it placing it and the pen back into her purse she rested her hands back on the table and locked eyes with him, "Seems like we do, and I'm looking forwards to it." She really was, this was the first time in a very long time she wanted the company of another without dread or second thoughts.

He reached across and she felt his hand upon hers and a jolt of electricity flew through her body from head to toe and seemed just to bounce within her. Layla was almost speechless, she definitely felt the same as him, "Yes," she said and laughed, "I felt that more than I can tell you. I have no clue Jason, but I guess we will find out and see where this goes."

He pulled his hand back and she felt a slight sadness that he did, god this was all so weird to her. "Tomorrow I have no plans, I'm and early riser. I have errands to do and I really need to play domestic goddess, my refrigerator is empty. So, I will be around. I may go to the beach for a while but other than that I look forwards to your message. " Layla smiled at him, "Mind walking me to my car Jason?"

It wasn't that she couldn't handle the walk alone but she thought it would be nice to say goodnight then. Part of her wanted to know more about him, and the other part wanted to go home and go to bed. She slipped from the booth, left money for their coffee and tip as she turned and waited for him. "This one's on me." She smiled and wondered if she would see fireworks when her lips pressed against his...like the stories you hear say happens. Will her leg bend at the knee and raise with a deep kiss? Will she want to forever drink from his lips...so many questions without answers...
 
I was all too eager to get out of the booth and walk her back to her car. As I moved next to her I found myself having to fight to not lean against her. My whole body desperately wanted to touch her, wanted to feel her against me. I shook with that need and honestly, it scared me a little bit. I felt nervous, like a teenager on his first date, terrified that I might do something that would upset her and push her away.

Though she had admitted to a lot of the same feelings about me, that I was feeling for her. I wondered if she was fighting the same urge to touch me, the same desire to just be near me as much as she could. Maybe that was why she said she was free tomorrow night. So quick to go out on that date with me. Although I figured it would be a few days before we got together before she had mentioned that. I feared that if I had to spend a few days away from her I would go crazy, and I was very much relieved to know that my date was tomorrow night and I would only be away from her for less than twenty-four hours.

As we stepped out into the cool night air I let her go down the narrow walkway leading from the diner to the parking lot surface first. I followed close behind, my eyes uncontrollably checking out HER behind. It was wonderful, and made me smile. It also brought up another scary, but exciting topic. Sex.

This gave me a little falter in my step as I realized something. The pleasure and electric sensations I felt through my arm after merely touching her hand flashing through my mind. If the pleasure was so great from a simple innocent touch like that what would happen if we kissed? Or beyond that, actually copulated. I don't think I would have to stamina not to explode from her simply touching my manhood, let alone putting it inside of her. Yet the promise of that pleasure excited me at the same time. I've heard of mindblowing sex, and for a chance I might be able to experience that with Layla.

We reached her car and I stopped beside her with a smile. "Well here we are. I guess this is it for tonight huh? I'll hit you up tomorrow and we'll set up a time okay?" I told her, feeling really unwilling to let her leave.
 
He moved behind her, standing and coming to her one side as they walked out together. She was sure if people seen them they looked like your average couple out late in the night. She watched him out the corner of her eye and he suddenly seemed nervous for the first time that night.

Layla pushed on the door and held it for him, letting her hand drop once he had it so it wouldn't close back in his face. Inside she felt excited to see him again, a feeling that was really a good feeling. She couldn't wait to call anyone and tell them about him. her mom would be the first, they were close and talked about everything thing under the sun except for her sex life, or at the present time her lack of one. That part of her life had been non-existent for a very long time.

A shiver went through Layla as she stepped into the cool night air. She wished she had grabbed her sweatshirt earlier before leaving her house, but on the same note she would have been home by now. Meeting him was worth staying up late, was worth the late night for sure, a decision she had not regretted and hoped she wouldn't in the future.

Layla stepped first along the sidewalk, she could see him in the window reflection out of the corner of her eye checking her out. She wanted to laugh but took it as a compliment, men will be men and if it were her behind him she would have done the same thing, human nature.

There were times that the squad would talk about one night stands. Some of the girls would brag about the whole almost anonymous sex. maybe knowing the first name, if it's even their real name...that wasn't for her. Layla wasn't Miss. Innocent but she wasn't a hood rat either that slept around. She had a select few of lovers but nothing that ever felt right enough to put a ring on her finger. Maybe this guy was him, what's the chance?

It just felt right, she wanted to lay aside him, feel him next to her, these feeling were so strong. Maybe he was right, maybe this was the man that was to be standing there at the end of her pathway...Mr. Right. She thought about it all the way to the car then this flicker entered her mind, she can't be stupid, handsome serial killers are very handsome and she could name a few. Layla figured meeting in public for a while would tell, she couldn't think negative but she needed to keep some sort of common sense about this whole situation.

She walked along side her car and took her keys out of the small purse pocket and turned to look at him. Her eyes immediately went to his and she felt an instant sadness within. "I'm looking forwards to it, been a long time since I had a decent first date. " She went to turn to open her car and she had to find out, in a swift movement she turned back and leaned in letting her head turn slightly as she placed her lips against his tasting him from them. A soft little sound escaped from within, a soft little 'm-m-m-m-m' sound and that told her almost everything as her foot lifted from the ground letting the kiss linger a little longer.
 
I had expected this night to be over. I figured she would just get into her car and drive off. I wouldsee her tomorrow, she had seemed really eager to go on that date tomorrow. Yet none of that happened, instead she spun toward me and pressed her lips against mine. My eyes went wide as my body ignited. Her lips on mine caused waves of tingled to shoot through me.

I recovered quickly and began to kiss her back. I works my lips with hers, savoring her soft sweet lips against mine. My hands went to her hips as her foot lifted up behind her. We settled into the kiss for a long moment. Enjoying the pleasure of our bodies pressed against me. I don't know how long we stood there kissing, I don't think either of us wanted to pull away just yet.

When we finally parted it was like I could still feel her against me. I blinked and let out a long breath. "Wow. That was something else." I told her a slow smile spreading across my lips.
 
Back
Top