Weekly artistic challenge

A balanced stobe will be the easiest way to get a mix of the Xmas lights and your skin. Just figure out what shutter speed the Xmas lights look good at and dial in your fstop to accommodate the flash exposure. Probably f8 and 1/8th to 1/16th power on a flash head.

Christmas lights ... a few from a couple trees that I have.

Beautiful and very interesting Christmas lights BonBon.

I'm still experimenting. It's hard to get dark enough to show the lights well and light enough to show the skin well. I shot this with a small light off to the side and no flash. Anyone have any suggestions for a better balance with less noise?

I'll have to go back to work now, but I'll check back in later.

12-11-13me_zpsc50fa540.jpg

12-11-13mebw_zps3c42af35.jpg

Now thats something to unwrap

A balanced stobe will be the easiest way to get a mix of the Xmas lights and your skin. Just figure out what shutter speed the Xmas lights look good at and dial in your fstop to accommodate the flash exposure. Probably f8 and 1/8th to 1/16th power on a flash head.

I'll keep practicing and see if I can figure it out. Thanks!

Now thats something to unwrap

Thank you.....now I need to get a bow ;)

Christmas lights ... a few from a couple trees that I have.

Beautiful and very interesting Christmas lights BonBon.

I'm still experimenting. It's hard to get dark enough to show the lights well and light enough to show the skin well. I shot this with a small light off to the side and no flash. Anyone have any suggestions for a better balance with less noise?

I'll have to go back to work now, but I'll check back in later.

12-11-13me_zpsc50fa540.jpg

12-11-13mebw_zps3c42af35.jpg

wowie!!!:D:D

Regents Street, London

I'm hoping to take some in Oxford next week - meantime here is one from London last year.

LondonXmas009_zps65bae7e4.jpg

The next challenge

I am off to Scotland for Christmas...so the next photo challenge is...

Scotland!!!

No I'm kidding..lets make it Christmas - nice and easy!!!​

Question

Does it have to sex related or could it be anything? I like to do some digital illustration so it can be quite wild images.

The current theme is "fun"...:D

A new one for the next fortnight...mmm...we could consider snow, although the southern hemisphere may have problems!!:rolleyes::D

We got rain down in the valley overnight. I got a pleasant surprise driving to physical therapy this morning, though. The mountains are about 70 miles NNE of Phoenix, our beloved Four Peaks. (Not the best pic, grabbed it with my cell phone.)

LowSnow_zpsa21cd097.jpg

C'mon people! That pic was snapped 15 miles due east of Phoenix AZ! We DO NOT GET SNOW. It's something we admire (maybe) from a distance. Master says this is damn close enough. (LOL He hates sn*w even more than I do.)

We got rain down in the valley overnight. I got a pleasant surprise driving to physical therapy this morning, though. The mountains are about 70 miles NNE of Phoenix, our beloved Four Peaks. (Not the best pic, grabbed it with my cell phone.)

LowSnow_zpsa21cd097.jpg

Looks very pretty

A few years ago my mom sent me the ornaments I have painted and made as a child ...here are a few of them and a few favorites.

I tend to add a new ornament or two every year. Any set colour theme is out the window, I have a mish mash of everything!

This was fun to make...I think this ornament is 30 years old ... yikes!!!

A ceramic bell circa 1982 lol

A wooden block set I inherited with this house when I bought it...feels right to have it out this year...

Just a pretty pattern...

This was Christmas Day last year...the snow was light and fluffy and I just love this pic...

Merry Christmas to all and all the best in the New Year!!!

BB

Last edited:
Back