I'm coming (back)

BusterGonad

Experienced
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Posts
47
I've been away for a while, and I have just posted my first story in a few years. I don't consider myself much of a writer, and I want to read something to remind me a few of the tricks I used to know.
Please recommend some stories to me, not just for their sexiness, but the writing.

Oh, and hi. Probably none of you know me. I mostly write cheating wife stories. I'm about as prolific as Robin Thicke.
 
Last edited:
Sure it is OK to recommend your own. Might make you look a bit full of yourself, but I don't mind.
Never bothered to read poe. I'll give it a try. I think I have stopped reading recently, and read loads of comics. Might be a good idea to read a book or two, lol.
 
I've been away for a while, and I have just posted my first story in a few years. I don't consider myself much of a writer, and I want to read something to remind me a few of the tricks I used to know.
Please recommend some stories to me, not just for their sexiness, but the writing.

Oh, and hi. Probably none of you know me. I mostly write cheating wife stories. I'm about as prolific as Robin Thicke.

Welcome back! Are you looking for examples of anything in particular? I could probably come up with more specific examples if I think about it. In the mean time, here are few recommended reads off the top of my head.

Since "not just for their sexiness" was something you were particular about, The Third Ring by NotWise is just great story telling.

If you're going to be hanging around the AH, you'll get to know MelissaBaby, so you should read her My Fall and Rise. It's a tragic/triumphant memoir and the author has loads of raw talent.

If you don't mind Gay Male stories, sr71plt's The Aviator's is great historical fiction set in WWII.

For over-the-top sex and amazing stream-of-conscious, you can't do better than ChloeTzang. Honestly, anything of her's, but Haley's Party is a favorite of mine.

Bebop3's Montauk stories are a great example of stand-alone stories that all tie together.

For slow-simmering romance, check out electricblue66. It all has that signature style, but Rope & Veil is a good example.

For a lesson in brevity, oggbashan is the master. Siblings is his most recent series of 50 word stories.
 
Thanks Loqui.
As for particular things, my description of a sequence of events always comes off like a list of 'she did, he did' and I know that I should know how to avoid that, but I have forgotten.
But I do want to just read stuff and pick up some tips. I could do we a general workout.
 
For a lesson in brevity, oggbashan is the master. Siblings is his most recent series of 50 word stories.

That was interesting. Not a style I would have thought of, but one I might try as an exercise. I don't think I could affect emotions with it though. Let's see...
 
Yeah, my latest story has the lowest scores I have ever had, so far. I guess it's not great... :'(
 
....For over-the-top sex and amazing stream-of-conscious, you can't do better than ChloeTzang. Honestly, anything of her's, but Haley's Party is a favorite of mine.

Purrrrr. :cattail: Thank you for the compliment Loqui. Over-the-top Sex? What do you mean? That's all real life experience? :D

But seriously, some more so than others. Anyhow, if Buster wants a few hot stories to read, I don't object to a bit of shameless self-promotion. Link in my signature, but if it's LW, I don't write cheating ones but I have written a couple. "Happy Birthday to Me" and "On the Beach".

Which kind of inspired me to think which of my stories is my favorites and it's almost always the last one I've worked on.
 
...my description of a sequence of events always comes off like a list of 'she did, he did'...

Ok, so it sounds like you need examples of good sentence structure variation. Tricky. Sentence structure only stands out when it becomes repetitive; good variety is invisible. I'll think about it and see if I can recall a particularly well done sequence of events.
 
Black Shanglan only wrote 7 stories for four green E's plus a competition win. He/She hasnt submitted for 12 years but if anybody ever wrote a better story than "Meer Kass" I haven't read it.
 
Black Shanglan only wrote 7 stories for four green E's plus a competition win. He/She hasnt submitted for 12 years but if anybody ever wrote a better story than "Meer Kass" I haven't read it.

Four E's!? I thought those were unicorns. Honestly, I've never seen one anywhere on anyone's submission list. I'm going to have to make time to read Black Shanglan, if only to gain some insight into Laurel. Thanks for the tip, ishtat.
 
Just posted a story with varied sentence structure. Would be interested to hear if anyone thought it read well or not. It's a LW, so don't put it in the comments.
Its actually a sequel to my first story on here.
 
Just posted a story with varied sentence structure. Would be interested to hear if anyone thought it read well or not. It's a LW, so don't put it in the comments.
Its actually a sequel to my first story on here.
Linky-poo?
 
My god. Its a two. I've never seen a rating so low. OMG!

Yeah, but you already have 7 favorites, and you've got two very typical Loving Wives commenters, one questioning your choice of a "manly" pseudonym and the other saying your wife character should have fessed up to her hubby that she was a selfish slut. Another typical day in LW.

My LW story was in the twos for a while. That was over 2 years ago. It's worked its way up to 3.66 and will not go much higher than that, I reckon. It's .77 lower than any other story I've written.

The thing is, there really are a lot of readers who like these stories. You just can't tell that from the scores they get.

Hang tough.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reassurances everyone. Still no one telling me my sentence structure variation has improved, so I'll just assume it still needs work, lol.
 
Back
Top