What are you fuckers reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fata, I am working my way through S.J. Bolton, and I LOVE her stuff. Thanks again for the suggestion. When I've finished reading all of her books, I'll return to this thread and track down the other authors you recommended. :rose:

You're a vile cunt for sure.

I'm going to write a best seller. The plot will be Robert Plant, Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel, and Steven Tyler all dying in the same plane crash. I'm going to call it 'The Day The Shit Musicians Died And I Said Goodbye Shitty Musicians Goodbye'

Fata, I am working my way through S.J. Bolton, and I LOVE her stuff. Thanks again for the suggestion. When I've finished reading all of her books, I'll return to this thread and track down the other authors you recommended. :rose:

Ooh fab! I finished Naomi's Room earlier and am definitely going to order some more by Jonathan Aycliffe. Loved it, just too short. I think you would like it. Creepy and disturbing like Indie's musical tastes.

I'm trying to decide what to read next. I have The Book Thief (Marcus Zusak), This is Where I Leave You (Jonathon Tropper), The Storyteller (Jodi Picoult), Night Film (Marisha Pessl), Sharp Objects (Gillian Flynn), The Goldfinch (Donna Tartt), and Burial Rites (Hannah Kent). Currently finishing up Storm Front (John Sandford).

The Book Thief is beautiful. Read it quick before the film is out and the characters are tainted by Hollywood. That said, it does look quite good in the trailer.

The Book Thief is beautiful. Read it quick before the film is out and the characters are tainted by Hollywood. That said, it does look quite good in the trailer.

I was leaning toward that one. I doubt I'll see the movie until it comes out on DVD, so I think I'll be untainted. :)

I'm trying to decide what to read next. I have The Book Thief (Marcus Zusak), This is Where I Leave You (Jonathon Tropper), The Storyteller (Jodi Picoult), Night Film (Marisha Pessl), Sharp Objects (Gillian Flynn), The Goldfinch (Donna Tartt), and Burial Rites (Hannah Kent). Currently finishing up Storm Front (John Sandford).

i just finished Flynn's "Gone Girl", thought it was a tepid mystery, not nearly worthy of all the hype

The Still Point by Amy Sackville. Not read much so far but good, ordered on the basis of loving her other novel Orkney which was haunting and gorgeous.

Readme by Neal Stephenson. It's the only one of his I haven't read. Liking it so far.

i just finished Flynn's "Gone Girl", thought it was a tepid mystery, not nearly worthy of all the hype

I really enjoyed "Gone Girl", I thought it was well-written and a good example of the genre. I'm reading "The Book Thief" now. Loving it so far and simultaneously wanting to tear through it and make it last.

I really enjoyed "Gone Girl", I thought it was well-written and a good example of the genre. I'm reading "The Book Thief" now. Loving it so far and simultaneously wanting to tear through it and make it last.

i'm glad you enjoyed it, that's all that matters. i think the hype made me expect a lot.

right now i'm reading "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao", its well-written but his use of language is a little bothersome

I'm just starting The Bell Jar. I went through a box of books I had stashed away in my attic and decided to re-read it. It's one of my favorites and I've not read it in years.

Just started Shiva Naipaul's book on Jonestown and Guyana, Journey to Nowhere: A New World Tragedy as if I didn't have 10 other books to finish first. Moving one block from a NYPL outlet where I can order for online delivery has made me run somewhat amok.

Strip Tease by Carl Hiaasen

Murder She Wrote, The Maine Mutiny by Jessica Fletcher and Donald Bain

Turning the Mind Into An Ally by Sakyong Mipham

I just ordered two (one for myself and one for my beloved)

The End of Your Life Book Club ~ Will Schwalbe

and

The Good Doctor Returns: Alister MacKenzie Comes Back to Golf ~Geoff Shackelford

cfbc7eb4ae4e4c7bd993f69d50de67d4.jpg

Simultaneously reading SJ Bolton's Sacrifice (which is her first book but the only one I haven't read) and The Inquisitor's Key by Jefferson Bass.

Simultaneously reading SJ Bolton's Sacrifice (which is her first book but the only one I haven't read) and The Inquisitor's Key by Jefferson Bass.

I bought her latest the other day, it's one with Lacey Flint in. Looking forward to reading that.

Reading House Of Small Shadows by Adam Nevill at the mo, it's about a creepy taxidermist/doll maker's house. Very odd but enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back