Boston

Why bb's or lead shot as shrapnel? I find that puzzling.

It feels home grown, like Atlanta.

Not that I do not sympathize, but tell me why three innocent people dead in Boston merits more e-space here and on other fora than 16 innocent children sleeping in their homes killed by a US soldier in Afghanistan a year ago?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Afghan-civilians-deadly-shooting-rampage.html

Where was the outpouring of sympathy then?

Can't say. I wasn't on this or any other forum a year ago, so I can't vouch for whether or not there was a thread for it here. I'm guessing you can't either. It was a year ago, after all.

Besides, why bring it up, unless you have some ulterior motive in doing so?

Last edited:
You seem uninformed about SPLC...

The list doesn't necessarily mean those upon it are militant. Some are no more harmful than the local chapter of Lion's Club. But there are quite a few names on there I recognize as having been in the news before, either related to a violent event or supporting one after the fact.

Slyc--

You don't seem to know who The Southern Poverty Law Center is and what they have been doing for the last 40 years. They carefully research their information via numerous sources including law enforcement agencies in and out of the US. Morris Dees has been systematically targeting and bankrupting racists groups around this country. They are a distinguished and knowledgeable group of dedicated lawyers that have been risking their lives fighting hate in this country. You would be surprised at the network of hate in this country...

Slyc--

You don't seem to know who The Southern Poverty Law Center is and what they have been doing for the last 40 years. They carefully research their information via numerous sources including law enforcement agencies in and out of the US. Morris Dees has been systematically targeting and bankrupting racists groups around this country. They are a distinguished and knowledgeable group of dedicated lawyers that have been risking their lives fighting hate in this country. You would be surprised at the network of hate in this country...

You're right and wrong. Right in that I don't know the Southern Poverty Law Center, wrong that I'd be surprised at the hate network in this country.

I'd have to do some more research to actually speak about anything the SPLC reports on. I was merely offering my initial reaction to seeing the list.

You're right and wrong. Right in that I don't know the Southern Poverty Law Center, wrong that I'd be surprised at the hate network in this country.

I'd have to do some more research to actually speak about anything the SPLC reports on. I was merely offering my initial reaction to seeing the list.

Actually, I am right and right again... if you were as knowledgeable as you purported to be on this subject, then you would know about SPLC. They are well regarded authority on hate groups in this country.

Actually, I am right and right again... if you were as knowledgeable as you purported to be on this subject, then you would know about SPLC. They are well regarded authority on hate groups in this country.

Lol, being right doesn't mean you've got all the answers, just some accurate assumptions. You can't be right about what would surprise me -- or what wouldn't -- you can only be right about my responses.

There are a lot of authorities on various things in this country. You appear to have an affectation for this particular group. If they give reliable information, great. As I've said, I would have to look more into them. I don't follow many watchdog groups. I watch the news and do my research when something catches my eye.

So, again, you were right and wrong. ;)

Sucks how bringing up a good point gets you slaughtered by haters.

Oh wait.

Also, @ 3113, I can't believe you think our Government is NOT capable of such things. Wake up out of Zombieland.

Sucks how bringing up a good point gets you slaughtered by haters.

Oh wait.

Also, @ 3113, I can't believe you think our Government is NOT capable of such things. Wake up out of Zombieland.

You are a fucking idiot.

Working for the state I discovered that hate takes many forms, with much of it disguised in good intentions.

Rep Xavier Becerra is an idiot, saying Boston has to make up for shortcomings for the costs of unexpected use of emergency services yesterday.

As if a city shouldn't be fiscally solvent in and of itself and prepared for something like this.

The dude even blamed the sequester on emergency service response times.

That is an idiot, I'm just a thinker and a hell of a lover.

It depends on a lot of factors. For something like this, there is immediate and active cooperation between all the various law enforcement agencies, which generally increases the chance that the perpetrator gets caught.

At this point, it seems that the bombs were very generic, consisting of a simple central explosive and lead pellets or shot (such as you would find in a shotgun shell). The more basic an explosive is, the more difficult it is to track. But right now, there's a lot of speculation as to the makeup of the bomb and whether or not it was a terrorist action.

Personally, I think it's an isolated domestic event, like the McVey bombing in Oklahoma. Just my gut feeling. This is someone making a statement in a very twisted and violent way.

That's what I'm expecting. Some deluded fool in a Reynold's Wrap fedora venting his deranged spleen on the world. As pathetic as it is tragic.

That's what I'm expecting. Some deluded fool in a Reynold's Wrap fedora venting his deranged spleen on the world. As pathetic as it is tragic.

That there still aren't any answers as of Obama's second speech on the bombing really seems to point this way. Of course, the administration could be holding back information, which wouldn't surprise me, so as not to compromise the investigation. But I'm still thinking it's a nut with a grudge and some basic skills in demolitions.

Not that I do not sympathize, but tell me why three innocent people dead in Boston merits more e-space here and on other fora than 16 innocent children sleeping in their homes killed by a US soldier in Afghanistan a year ago?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Afghan-civilians-deadly-shooting-rampage.html

Where was the outpouring of sympathy then?

Because [we] only care for our own (sad though that is), perhaps?

One important thing, though, The 'Mail is not regarded as the best source of hard information. It can get very biassed at times, apparently.

Why bb's or lead shot as shrapnel? I find that puzzling.
It feels home grown, like Atlanta.

Maximum personal injury, not buildings, etc..
And "only" three dead (at the time of writing) would point more, I think, to a desire to cause mass chaos and inconvenience to the authorities and services that to cause maximum death toll.

Sympathy to the injured, condolences to the bereaved, prayers for the dead.

Well, people are a lot easier to damage than concrete buildings so you can put a small charge in the middle of a bucket full of ball bearings and tear the hell out of anyone standing nearby. The use of pressure cookers shows at least a modicum of sophistication. You screw one of those shut tight and you have a pretty heavy-duty containment vessel that when if does fail, throws out some big chunks of sharp steel. It would explain the lower limb amputations, something the ball bearings don't. So you get lots of traumatic injuries, a few deaths and those amputations to permanently mark people's memories of the perp's great power. And since Massachusetts doesn't have a death penalty, the slimeball gets to sit and gloat over his impact and notoriety for years. Probably get some serious status in stir from it.

In case anyone was wondering . . . the BOSTONFICTIONWRITER and his family are all okay. One family member has volunteered for the past 15 years and has always been placed in that tent at the finish line. This year, she chose not to sign up.

Everything happens for a reason.:rose:

.... Because we don't want the AH turning into the GB.

I'm certainly not the first to say it, but it's true...the AH is the GB, but with better vocabulary and only slightly less crazy. It really is.

I dunno, let's look at facts..I see only one word with more than two syllables and it is a very common word, and 8 of 12 words are one syllable.

But up the line, she used "BOSTONFICTIONWRITER," which is six syllables. So . . . wait . . . that falls on the crazy side. :D

Back