Books

No. I'll try it. Thanks for the recommendation. Do you think it would be a good pick for the BDSM BOTM?

:rose:

women tying up men bump

this is some of the synopsis

An English novelist, a tale of brief sexual slavery and the years of dissipation that follow.

After 18 days of forced sexual slavery by 3 women, during which the unnamed protagonist is chained to a wall by his punctured foreskin and forced to dance portions of "Swan Lake" (chain and all), used as an hors d'oeuvres platter for a swanky dinner party at which his penis is the dessert, crudely tattooed on his hip and sodomized with a strap-on dildo, the man is dumped, safe but spent, on a lawn in an Amsterdam, Netherlands, suburb.

"The Book of Revelation" Rupert Thomson

An English novelist, a tale of brief sexual slavery and the years of dissipation that follow.

After 18 days of forced sexual slavery by 3 women, during which the unnamed protagonist is chained to a wall by his punctured foreskin and forced to dance portions of "Swan Lake" (chain and all), used as an hors d'oeuvres platter for a swanky dinner party at which his penis is the dessert, crudely tattooed on his hip and sodomized with a strap-on dildo, the man is dumped, safe but spent, on a lawn in an Amsterdam, Netherlands, suburb.

Have you read it?

If so what did you get out of it? I hesitate to ask did you enjoy it without knowing whether you have a sadistic lean practicing physical and psychological torture or masochistic, being the recipient.:devil: As I am being encouraged to explore my sadistic leanings through RP I wondered if it might give a good perspective of what the man endures.

The reviews on Amazon are very positive.

As some americans would say (I think) "my bad"

Have you read it?

If so what did you get out of it? I hesitate to ask did you enjoy it without knowing whether you have a sadistic lean practicing physical and psychological torture or masochistic, being the recipient.:devil: As I am being encouraged to explore my sadistic leanings through RP I wondered if it might give a good perspective of what the man endures.

The reviews on Amazon are very positive.

I've read it. Loved it. There is far to much stuff in here that has the woman tied up! This book has the tables turned. I would struggle to overpower a guy in real life, but there is more than one way to skin a cat, (as the book shows). Do we want to ape male behaviour (excuse the image) or improve on it?. I don't want to sound like a raving feminist (I'm not), nor I don't want to relinquish control. Neither do I want a pansy! which is why the book is pleasurable. The male lead doesn't want to be tied up. He has been kidnapped. Raped. Why shouldn't the female take everything and leave the man with nothing!
I'll be dishing out the physical and psychological treatment. It's not torture, it's redressing the balance of power.

Redressing the balance of power

I've read it. Loved it. There is far to much stuff in here that has the woman tied up! This book has the tables turned. I would struggle to overpower a guy in real life, but there is more than one way to skin a cat, (as the book shows). Do we want to ape male behaviour (excuse the image) or improve on it?. I don't want to sound like a raving feminist (I'm not), nor I don't want to relinquish control. Neither do I want a pansy! which is why the book is pleasurable. The male lead doesn't want to be tied up. He has been kidnapped. Raped. Why shouldn't the female take everything and leave the man with nothing!
I'll be dishing out the physical and psychological treatment. It's not torture, it's redressing the balance of power.

I like the way you think.:rose: The way you describe it makes it sound believable and not like it's trying to satisfy a cliche.

I have noticed there is a huge void, and from what I can ascertain, a need for well focused, and possibly sadistic:devil:, female domination here on Lit.

Time to restore equilibrium.

And I am definitely going to read this book. Any other suggestions in this niche genre will be immensely appreciated.:rose:

The Marquis de Sade is acquired reading

I like the way you think.:rose: The way you describe it makes it sound believable and not like it's trying to satisfy a cliche.

I have noticed there is a huge void, and from what I can ascertain, a need for well focused, and possibly sadistic:devil:, female domination here on Lit.

Time to restore equilibrium.

And I am definitely going to read this book. Any other suggestions in this niche genre will be immensely appreciated.:rose:

Sade's 120 Days of Sodom is interesting to say the least. Approach with caution. Unfortunately not in the same fetish due to the time it was written. He's hardly an espouser of the feminist movement. As for other writers I'm going to have to go back to my bookcase and see.

Life is the lesson learned.:rose:

Marquis de Sade

Sade's 120 Days of Sodom is interesting to say the least. Approach with caution. Unfortunately not in the same fetish due to the time it was written. He's hardly an espouser of the feminist movement. As for other writers I'm going to have to go back to my bookcase and see.

Life is the lesson learned.:rose:

I did wonder where I should start with de Sade. I'm expecting to be disgusted from what I've heard, or maybe that was my mindset before I had my eyes opened to Lit.:D

I guess it goes without saying that reading the books are more effective than some directors perspective and a limited technology film.

Do you recommend any of Sacher-Masoch's work?

I appreciate your suggestions and I agree life is the lesson learned. God forbid that I should ever stop learning, for it will be the end of me.

Far be it for me to say!

I did wonder where I should start with de Sade. I'm expecting to be disgusted from what I've heard, or maybe that was my mindset before I had my eyes opened to Lit.:D

I guess it goes without saying that reading the books are more effective than some directors perspective and a limited technology film.

Do you recommend any of Sacher-Masoch's work?

I appreciate your suggestions and I agree life is the lesson learned. God forbid that I should ever stop learning, for it will be the end of me.

I think I may have over egged the pudding! There are way more qualified people in the BSDM scene here that I. I don't even own a straight jacket :rolleyes:

If you have a recommendation then I'd love to hear it (even if it's not my flavour) along with with you liked it.

With regards to films; A couple of obvious recommendations spring to mind. Bound and Oldboy.

I've just discovered the book club here, so maybe I should wander over there:)

p.s. I would believe de Sade is heavy going for even the strongest of stomachs but still worth the read. Forewarned is forearmed.

Thanks

I think I may have over egged the pudding! There are way more qualified people in the BSDM scene here that I. I don't even own a straight jacket :rolleyes:

If you have a recommendation then I'd love to hear it (even if it's not my flavour) along with with you liked it.

With regards to films; A couple of obvious recommendations spring to mind. Bound and Oldboy.

I've just discovered the book club here, so maybe I should wander over there:)

p.s. I would believe de Sade is heavy going for even the strongest of stomachs but still worth the read. Forewarned is forearmed.

No, I don't think you over egged the pudding. You just piqued my curiosity with "The Book of Revelation" and as I have spent the last 5 years with my head stuck in OU text books it was great to see something recommended that I would really like to get my teeth into before the next course starts.

I don't own a straight jacket either though many people have wished they could put one on me. Would be such a waste, I'm very good with my hands.

I suppose it would make sense for me to check out the book club too.

Thanks for the film recommendations.

As for what I read when not studying - my husband introduced my to the "Odd Thomas" Trilogy by Dean Koontz and I obsessively then read every book of his I could lay my hands on including his biography. I think reading those reawakened my love of horror and the macabre. The "Odd" books are the lighter end of the reading spectrum in comparison to some of his other titles which deal with vivid pathological characters. If your into fantasy psychological horror I recommend his books whole heartedly. Other than that I read biographies. Oh and anything that my husband throws in my direction. He cruelly gave me "100 Years of Solitude" but I still read it and enjoyed it, though I'm not sure I'd use the term recommend in my critique. Then there's anything well written that's recommended by my literary extended family. I think I'm a literary slut. I'll read the back of a cereal box if it's the only thing near me with words on it.

Anyway. Thank you again.

By the way, if you read a book, that would qualify you to give your opinion about it, but I knew what you meant.;)

From the ridiculous to the sublime.

I don't own a straight jacket either though many people have wished they could put one on me. Would be such a waste, I'm very good with my hands.

maybe I should start a sensory deprivation thread:devil:

Ironically I don't see myself as a horror fan, as I was the one starting this thread. however all things on their own merits and the macabre definitely has its attractions.

So now I'll indulge myself with my go to book recommendation. Anything with Calvin and Hobbes. (sorry but what is a girl to do without a sense of humour)

"Confessions of an English Slave" by Yolanda Celbridge is one you might also enjoy. The main character is definitely no sissy but very much enjoys being dominated. It's well written in a vaguely old-English style and was recommended to be by a Dominant lady. My leanings are towards the submissive side yet we both enjoyed it so I think it may be something that could be enjoyed from both ends of the flogger :)

(in the voice of Al Pacino) That's whot I'm talkin ha'bout

"Confessions of an English Slave" by Yolanda Celbridge is one you might also enjoy. The main character is definitely no sissy but very much enjoys being dominated. It's well written in a vaguely old-English style and was recommended to be by a Dominant lady. My leanings are towards the submissive side yet we both enjoyed it so I think it may be something that could be enjoyed from both ends of the flogger :)

I started this thread hoping to get something similar back. Thank you Andy. I'll be sure to check this out today. I'm sure someone else must have a recommendation, where the woman is on top (so to speak)?

(Bumping my own thread; I think I need to go post on the Lit-addict-support group now:D)

It sounds like the perfect long weekend...

I don't understand why anyone would recommend either De Sade or Sacher Masoch except for historical interest-- they each exemplar the worst ways to do it-- Masoch visiting his fantasies on the unwitting, and De Sade using sexual abuse as a metaphor for political tyranny.

bleh to both I say, I would rather read the Story of O which at least has some self-awareness amid a few hot scenes.

I recommend Pat Califia's dyke BDSM-- or any number of online writers who practice what they preach, and preach very well...

it's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

So I'm going to ask if anyone has read
J.G.Ballard : Crash or
Charlotte Roche : Wetlands

Back