femboi make up

so this is for all the fembois, CDs, trans gurls I guess, or anyone actually!! how long have you been applying make up to make yourself look more feminine? how did you learn, are you self taught or did someone give you some help?

I would love for someone to help me with it. I don't get much opportunity to try it and the few times I have tried I've not been happy with the result. I've tried using lipstick, mascara and eyeshadow, nothing too crazy just a bit. I'm sure that practise makes perfect but omg even the basics!!

so this is for all the fembois, CDs, trans gurls I guess, or anyone actually!! how long have you been applying make up to make yourself look more feminine? how did you learn, are you self taught or did someone give you some help?

I would love for someone to help me with it. I don't get much opportunity to try it and the few times I have tried I've not been happy with the result. I've tried using lipstick, mascara and eyeshadow, nothing too crazy just a bit. I'm sure that practise makes perfect but omg even the basics!!

I find eye shadow ( I guess that's what it is called above the eyes and below not to hard, just pick a not to showy color at first and go easy on it. then a skin toner and slight blush on cheeks again go light at first. Lips are easy but omg eye liner is impossible.

You know in the U.K. you are so lucky because if you check you will find Bi friendly hair and beauty shops listed. We have them in the U.S. also but our country is so large they can be hundreds of miles away.

i have had help in the past but i have been wearing make-up for 40 years and have got quite good at it now , p.m. me if you want to chat ,i see you live in my area ,xxx

Youtube has a wealth of great tutorials, a number specifically for fembois, CDs etc.

Buy a good quality foundation such as dermablend, and setting powder, the rest while you are learning can be cheap drugstore stuff. Before you apply foundation anywhere you have 5 oclock shadow or blue/grey skin apply an orange concealer, then when you put the foundation on it will look a lot more even and a lot less patchy.

For classic makeup styles with lots of shortcuts and hints look at the Lost Pinups group on FB too.

Eyeliner its a personal thing but the brushes in the cheap bottles are crap and its hard to apply tidily, I prefer gel eyeliner. Don't be afraid for eyeliner etc to use homemade stencils, a lot of makeup artists use them, and for shaping eyebrows.

two more tips:
get a set of reasonably decent make up brushes and look after them
once you have a look your happy with if going somewhere hot like a club or bar, close your eyes and spray your face with hair spray, it laquers it and will prevent most make up run due to sweat etc.

Here are the links for two youtube channels I recommend to many, but using it as a starting point:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCweP4QK9KQRt6r-Jo6fY09Q

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvoAe__WFYMNAEN-C-CtYA

Last edited:
Awesome Advice.

I was going to suggest a few youtube links but you not only beat me to it you gave ME some pointers I had never thought about. I never would have thought that orange would be a concealer. Thanks.

I have an ever-present 5 o clock shadow because I have dark body hair so orange concealer is a great idea!

I think most of my problem is a lack of opportunity to sit down and have a proper attempt. or a proper few attempts when I get it wrong!! being able to watch a tutorial and apply makeup at the same time would be a good idea I suppose.

it'd just be nice to be able to fem my look up a bit more from the neck up!

I have an ever-present 5 o clock shadow because I have dark body hair so orange concealer is a great idea!

I think most of my problem is a lack of opportunity to sit down and have a proper attempt. or a proper few attempts when I get it wrong!! being able to watch a tutorial and apply makeup at the same time would be a good idea I suppose.

it'd just be nice to be able to fem my look up a bit more from the neck up!

It takes time and practise, lots of practise, for best results, keep it simple, don't use too many colours, and if wearing a wig which is a different colour to your hair remember when you put that on, the colours will look different. Also makeup will look different under different lighting conditions, so take that into consideration when putting it on for a particular occasion.:rose:

Also before you compare your own efforts to those on line remember most will have been photoshopped after application.:rose:

Mallory69, I have been doing my own makeup since the 1970s and still pick up tricks, I have a whole copy and paste document of the ones I find online and wish to keep, my own little beauty bible. :rose:

thank you for all the advice. I think if I'm going to do it I need to do it properly. get my own stuff rather than use the wife's, as she hardly wears make up and it's mostly quite old!

not giving up hope just yet!

thank you for all the advice. I think if I'm going to do it I need to do it properly. get my own stuff rather than use the wife's, as she hardly wears make up and it's mostly quite old!

not giving up hope just yet!

Definitely invest in your own, old eyeliner and mascara is horrible and the brushes clump and block. I doubt if you and your wife need the same colour foundation and pressed powder either. You need to get the concealer/ foundation/ powder balance right before you put on anything else or it wont look right. Take it slowly and keep redoing it till you are happy, use makeup wipes if it starts to go wrong, its faster and simpler to start a fresh than correct a makeup error. :rose:

I work on stage as a burlesque performer so my makeup fortunately is tax deductable, and allows me to buy decent stuff, unfortunately every female I know raids my makeup and "borrows" it, so I am forever buying more, as they much prefer my expensive stuff over what they buy for themselves. When working my 3 makeup boxes weigh about 6 kilos, so much simpler when I was a teenager and just carried an eyeliner and lippy in my pocket:rose:

Back