Wanted: Anyone dead or alive looking for a chat

Perhaps google will know, otherwise we'd have to venture out to find a sage who doesn't speak in riddles. A puzzling message may lead to yet another voyage.

"How does one tell if one is dead or alive??"

I suggest emailing the social security system for an opinion: they're occasionally wrong, but never in doubt. (See, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_Death_Index for details.)

The only problem I can foresee is if you find you have a difference of opinion; in that case, you're probably screwed...although it would give you an interesting defense to a charge of tax evasion...or any other future criminal charges.

I will use my subsiding deathly cold as an excuse for my ditsyness. Had one too many smack my head moments today.

Last edited:
Necro-Lotus is resurrecting this thread.

That reminds me of Brian Lumley's Necroscope books. The hero, Harry Keough, had the ability to communicate with the dead (could have used that recently when I went to the Registry to renew my driver's license).

That reminds me of Brian Lumley's Necroscope books. The hero, Harry Keough, had the ability to communicate with the dead (could have used that recently when I went to the Registry to renew my driver's license).

I've heard of the books before but never read them. I first learned of the books when watching a game play of Resident Evil. I bet you had to wake up bright and early. If you didn't then may the force be with you!

I bet you had to wake up bright and early. If you didn't then may the force be with you!

Waking up bright and early is not my best thing. I like to think that I wake up bright, but seldom early, and when I do wake up early, I may not be quite as bright...

As for the force being with me, I'm pretty good with the persuasion, so I seldom need the force. ;)

The whole tall, dark and handsome is only a joke. Cliches are fun to play with :)

"Zealously stand guard against the rising tide of clichés, which looms ominously, ever-threatening to engulf your writing in a sea of banality."
- Tio Narratore

But what's with this dualism? No need to be even the least Cartesian about it all; why not be dead AND alive?
-Schrodinger's Cat

"Zealously stand guard against the rising tide of clichés, which looms ominously, ever-threatening to engulf your writing in a sea of banality."
- Tio Narratore

Leave it to a professor to caution me with cliches. Definitely brings me back to my early undergraduate years.

Dead or alive......do zombies chat? From what I have seen they mostly stagger around a lot and make moaning noises. Kind of like my hubs after a night out and I am the one driving him and his drunk buddies home.

Dead or alive......do zombies chat? From what I have seen they mostly stagger around a lot and make moaning noises. Kind of like my hubs after a night out and I am the one driving him and his drunk buddies home.

Well if that zombie can muster an email then great! They're creatures of action and seldom ever speak. Yes, they're socially awkward but I promise you, oh boy can they eat a girl out! :D

Actually, the idea of being dead and alive seems pretty compatible with many versions of dualism: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_(philosophy_of_mind)

Yes and no...

Leave it to a professor to caution me with cliches. Definitely brings me back to my early undergraduate years.

Early undergraduate years? Were there middle and even later undergraduate years? How long did you spend getting your Bachelor's?

And speaking of dead and/or alive, might we try a little time/space shift and get into some good old-fashioned Thanatos/Eros dualism?

Well if that zombie can muster an email then great! They're creatures of action and seldom ever speak. Yes, they're socially awkward but I promise you, oh boy can they eat a girl out! :D

I don't know...the coeds tell me they've stopped dating zombies - they only want girls for their brains...

Back