The Last Daughter of Krypton - IC

TearsoftheWorld

Radical Dreamer
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Posts
16,002
On the doomed planet of Krypton, a wise scientist placed his infant daughter into a spacecraft and launched her towards Earth.

You will travel far, my little Kara.
But we will never leave you... even in the face of our death.
You will make my strength your own.
You will see my life through your eyes,
As your life will be seen through mine.


Kara Zor-El was but a mere child while rocketing through space, chunks of her home planet following her ship as they shuttled towards a distant world. Life in Smallville was about to change. As the people went about their daily routines, their little world would be shaken to the core as meteor fragments rained down on their town, causing destruction and mayhem everywhere.

Driving home in their new truck, Jonathan and Martha Kent veered off the road in order to avoid a collision with one of the falling rocks. As they struggled to catch their breath, having panicked from the sudden events, their eyes watched as one of the mysterious meteors created an extensive and destructive path in the ground. Getting out of the truck, the Kent's ran over to the part where the meteor had finally stopped. Amidst the smoking ruins, they discovered something far more startling... a ship.

===

~ 10 YEARS LATER

===


"Kara, it's time for dinner." Martha yelled out as she stood on the porch of their house. The sun was slowly starting to dip below the line of trees that surrounded their farm. Inside her husband finished setting the table, pouring cold milk into the glasses.

"I'm almost done." a young girl of 14 years responded, her voice carrying over her families property as she worked out in the middle of a field. Kara picked up another wooden fence post and slammed it into the ground. A smile crossed her face as she realized she was practically done before she had even started. Looking to her left she glanced at the dozen or so other wooden beams that she had fixed into the Earths surface, putting into position a brand new pen for some newly arrived livestock. What would have taken a small handful of workers to do in several hours had only taken her a few minutes.

"You know, one day she's going to forget about dinner and come inside when it's time for dessert." Martha said as she came back into the house, walking into the kitchen and checking on the food. Her husband Jonathan simply smiled as he leaned back in his chair.

"Sometimes I wish we'd just skip dinner and have dessert first. Nine times out ten cake is better than your cooking." he teased, earning a quick smack to the back of his head from his wife. Kara pushed the door open and set her jacket down on one of the stools.

"All finished?"
Jonathan asked.

"Yes Dad. They're all in. I even had time to put the wiring up. We can go get the animals from Mr. Wilkins tomorrow if you want." Kara added as she sat down at the table, running a hand through her shiny blond hair.

"Work can wait till later. Right now let's eat." Martha said, ready to appease the hunger of her family that the long day had worked up. She started filling up their plates before finally sitting down. Kara picked up her glass and starting guzzling down the water inside.

"And besides, you have school tomorrow so it's off to bed early tonight." Jonathan added, a smile coming across his face whereas a surprised look swept over Kara's. With this sudden news she practically dropped her glass.

"Wait, are you serious?"
Kara asked out loud, her heart beating a bit faster at the prospect of having a life outside of the farm. Jonathan nodded his head. Kara glanced over at her mother and she nodded her head too. She practically knocked the table over as she gave her parents hugs. Thoughts and ideas began filling every corner of her young mind, but they were quickly squashed as the Kents began telling her about her responsibilities as a student and how different life would be. She was reminded not to use her abilities at all while at school, and was to come straight home after the end of classes.

"Deal." she said, finally giving into their demands and then proceeding to finish up the rest of her meal.

---

Kara woke up rather early the next day, her eyes hazily opening up to the increasing light of the sun as it slowly crept up over the horizon and pouring into her bedroom. As she sat up on bed, the smell of breakfast downstairs invaded her nose and stirred her senses. Dressing herself in a light blue t-shirt and pajama pants she went downstairs and made her way to the kitchen.

"You're up pretty early." Martha said as she noticed her daughter enter the room.

"Yeah. I guess I'm just really excited about school, that's all." Kara said with a yawn, sitting down in a chair. Martha fixed her plate and set it before her.

"You think they'll like me?" she asked, a hint of nervousness filling her voice as she bit down into some pancakes. Martha smiled warmly and nodded her head.

"They will. Just be careful, though. High School can be a scary place sometimes. I remember my first time going. I thought the teachers wanted all of us to suffer. But I made a couple of friends and well... it was all uphill from there." she added. Kara finished up her meal and scrambled upstairs to get ready. She showered and dressed herself in rather casual clothing, mostly a navy blue shirt, faded blue jeans, and a dusty red jacket. For some odd reason she just liked that color combination...

"You better hurry up or you'll miss the bus." Martha called out from downstairs. Kara grabbed the keys to her house and ran downstairs, kissing her mother on the cheeks before darting outside. She saw the roaring yellow bus make its way down their street and off for the bend.

'Shoot' Kara thought to herself, watching it continue on its way. A sudden idea came into her head and using her quick speed she ran down the road, catching the bus at a different intersection. When the doors opened Kara climbed aboard, drawing an odd stare from the driver. She was about to apologize but was told to quickly find a seat. Shrugging her shoulders the blond Kryptonian walked down the aisle and found an empty seat, drawing quick looks from the other students. She felt a little out of place, but as the bus lurched forward the typical noise and clatter of a High School bus once again filled the air.

'Phew' Kara said with a sigh.
 
Last edited:
Bruce was woken early that morning from his butler Alfred. The sun was just coming up over the corn fields that grew just out side of the small town.

Master Wayne, it's time to get up. School is waiting for you. Alfred said as he laid down a tray next to Bruce's bed. A stack of pancakes and a glass of orange juice sat on the tray.

Alfred, it's too early. Why can't school be during the night? Bruce complained as he rolled over and sat up.

Because Master Bruce, the Nocturnal hours are not the hours for young men such as yourself to be running around foolishly. Alfred said, grinning. But, in any matter, it is time for you to great the world. Your first day of school in Smallville awaits you Master Bruce Alfred finished as he rose from the chair, and walked out of the room to allow Bruce to get ready.

Bruce was a little nervous, which was suprising, seeings as how he never really got nervous. But he knew why he was nervous; he was a billionare teenager, getting ready to go to a small high school in Kansas. He didn't really expect to see many other billionare "playboys", in Smallville.

Bruce ate his breakfast, got up, and put on khaki's and a black t-shirt, and headed downstairs. Alfred was waiting for him, dressed in a tuxedo looking outfit. Bruce grabbed his back pack, and headed out to the Mercades Benz outside, heading off to school, with a knot in his stomach.
 
Misty woke up extremely early after tossing and turning all night long. Today was her first day of high school and she had never been so exited in her entire life. She decided to get out of bed after struggling to sleep all night at 4am and began getting ready for school.

She went into her private bathroom that was one of the benefits of her dad being a high ranking employee in Lex Luthor's new business. She had gotten to meet Lex a couple times and he was an incredibly charismatic and handsome young man. As she got a quick shower and washed her hair then brushed her hair and toweled herself dry.

She then went to her walk in closet that was full of clothes. She had all kinds of dresses skirts pants etc. "Now what should I wear. Today is very important and I want to impress everyone but I don't want to dress to nicely." after much debate the honey blond haired girl decided on a black skirt and a Pink blouse. She got dressed and then went back to her bathroom to style her hair and to apply her makeup. After that was all taken care of she went downstairs and grabbed a strawberry yogurt and headed out the door to catch the bus. Her parents forced her to ride the bus saying it would build character until next year when she could drive herself.

As Misty got on the bus she quickly found the only seat with any room left it was next to a blond girl she didn't recognize. "Hi, I'm Misty you must be new."
 
Last edited:
As he had done for the past ten years, Var-Sen sat on the balcony of his split-level apartment near Metropolis and looked at the morning sky. It was not quite daylight yet, and the stars were still shining. He held a cup of coffee, to which he had developed a fondness for over the years. As he sipped at it, he gazed up into the sky and hope to catch a glimpse of it.

He knew he would not see it. He knew it was no longer there. Yet, he hoped.

The red star that was his homeworld's sun was gone. And that meant Krypton was no more. It had been inevitable, just as Zor-El had told them it would be. Had they only listened to Zor-El. Had he only listened.

He had been warned that to stay behind on Earth would strip him of his powers. The crystal that he had kept made sure of that. But, it had been his choice, and he still believed he had chosen rightly. To live among them, he must live as one of them.

He wondered if anyone had been able to flee Krypton's destruction? If so, which of the 28 known galaxies would they have chosen?

With a sigh, Var-Sen stood and returned to his room where he finished dressing. The drive to Central Kansas University was almost an hour, but he enjoyed it. He liked the open areas around the town of Smallville, and even the campus itself felt peaceful. He worked there as the college librarian, where he could read, and read, and read, and occasionally help some young, fresh mind with the abundance of Earth literature.

Of course he was known as Professor John Smith, Library Curator.
 
Kara had been staring out the window as the bus drove down the street, stopping now and then to pick up a few students before making its way to Smallville High. She hadn't exactly been day-dreaming, but Kara wasn't exactly paying attention to what was going on in the bus. She kept to herself, for the most part, until someone sat next to her.

"Hi, I'm Misty you must be new."

"Huh? Oh, hi." Kara said, somewhat surprised that someone was talking to her. The girl next to her had honey blond hair and deep, blue eyes.

"New? Oh, yes. This is my first time going to school." Kara admitted.
 
TearsoftheWorld said:
"Huh? Oh, hi." Kara said, somewhat surprised that someone was talking to her. The girl next to her had honey blond hair and deep, blue eyes.

"New? Oh, yes. This is my first time going to school." Kara admitted.

"Oh how fun! Well this is my first day of high school. Do you have a name? What did you do before if you didn't go to school before" Misty rambles on as she looks over the blond hair blue eyed girl that sat next to her. Misty could talk someones ear off and enjoyed making new friends. "Your really pretty but whats with the fashion sense?"
 
Bruce sat silently in the back of the Mercedes Benz as Alfred drove him to the school. As the car pulled up to the front of the school, his stomach jumped. He didn't like being nervous, but he couldn't help it.

Getting out of the car, Bruce noticed a red sign in the front of the school, reading: "Smallville High Home of the Crows". Bruce chuckled. Never pictured myself being a Crow, Alfred. Bruce said as he grabbed his backpack from the back seat.

Yes Master Bruce, I know. But it is for the best. Enjoy your day at school young master, and I will pick you up later Alfred said as he smiled at Bruce. Bruce smiled back, and had a warm feeling in his stomach. He loved Alfred. The Mercedes Benz drove off, leaving Bruce Wayne standing there, in front of the Smallville High, just as the buses approached.

Ok Bruce, just go with the flow of things. Maybe they won't really notice that you are a billionare Bruce said to himself. Then he thought about what he just said. Oh, like the Mercedes Benz didn't show that much already.

Bruce threw the back pack over his shoulder, and moved onto the sidewalk, out of the way of the oncoming bus. He did not know what to expect. There he stood, wearing a black t-shirt and brown Khakis, and everyone else wore jeans, t-shirts, and even some flannel button up shirts. He didn't fit in, he stuck out, and he knew it. But that's ok, he thought to himself, things have been worse before. He could survive this place.

And he always had his martial arts to calm him down. Bruce had taken up Jiujitsu when he was a freshman, and found that it was easy for him, and it made him at ease. Every night before he went to bed, he would practise on his Bag, and then do some excersise, and finally, in the middle of the night, he would sleep. Sleeping wasn't easy for him, because of extreme insomnia, but he seemed to manage.

Bruce didn't know what exactly to do. He just stood there as the buses pulled up behind him. He turned to see who was stepping off of the bus, to see who he would be working with for the next six months.
 
John Smith walked into the library, snatched a post-it note off the book counter, and read it while he walked to his office.

He stopped just long enough to turn the coffee maker on.

He then re-read the note again.

JOHN -

DON'T FORGET - LECTURE TO SMALLVILLE HIGH HISTORY CLASS ON TUES @ 10.

-CHARLES

He sighed. Charles was Charles Cromley, the Dean of History at CKU. And John was a history buff. In truth, the history he knew the most about was the history of the planet Krypton. However, he doubted a group of high school students would believe him if he told them how Sor-El, the first in the House of El, brought all the Houses together and ended Krypton's 100 Year War. He had become fascinated with Earth history, however, and being Kryptonian he had lived through much of it so far. Even though he was without the powers of a true Kryptonian, his lifespan was considerable longer than a human's. And still, to this day, he appeared to be only in his mid-30's, though he was much, much older.

And it was because all of this John had agreed to give a lecture to a class of high school students on the great accomplishments of the 20th Century. In two days, no less. Well, he was a scientist in truth, so he was sure they would find him incredibly boring.

The morning copy of the Daily Planet told him little about anything he wanted to know. More stuff about LuthorCorp stocks, and some insignificant tidbit about Dr. Virgil Swann and his space telescope.

It was going to be a long day.
 
Bruce set his bag down on the bench, then proceeded to sit on the bench. He thought if he could remember anything about the people in this town, from what Alfred had told him. He couldn't remember anything really, just a couple of last names, but no reason to remember them.

He thought a little bit more. Alfred's voice rang through his head. Remember Master Bruce, there are kind people here that won't judge you. The Kent's for instance, I have heard some great things about the family. The Kents. It was the only name that he could remember anything about. 'Well, I don't see any chances of meeting one of them here. If they are as great Alfred suggested, they probably won't really have anything to do with me.' Bruce thought. He didn't even fit in for them.

Bruce tried to think harder. There must have been something Alfred said that could get him through the day. He remembered the name Luthor, but nothing more then that. He remembered something about the Johnson's, and the Reynolds, but nothing that would help him.

Bruce glanced at his watch. The time for school to begin was getting close, and he did not want to walk into those doors alone. He looked around again at all the people walking by. Here we go then. No turning back now.
 
Tymeless said:
"Oh how fun! Well this is my first day of high school. Do you have a name? What did you do before if you didn't go to school before" Misty rambles on as she looks over the blond hair blue eyed girl that sat next to her. Misty could talk someones ear off and enjoyed making new friends. "Your really pretty but whats with the fashion sense?"

"Kara Kent. I live out on a farm near the outskirts of town, helping my Dad with the work around there. It keeps us pretty busy, so I haven't had any time to go to school before hand. Just picked up with I could from books and such." Kara admitted, somewhat embarrassed that she hadn't any real education prior to today. She looked down at her clothes with a bit of confusion.

"My fashion sense?" Kara asked, not exactly sure what Misty was asking about. She had put on, at least what she considered, normal clothes to wear.

"I kind of like it. Why, is something wrong?" she asked, perhaps maybe gaining a better understanding of how high school kids normally dressed.
 
"oh nothing is wrong with it honey, just different for a pretty girl like you." Misty said with a smile on her face, as she offered out her hand. There was something interesting about this girl.

Misty then continued her conversation with Kara while she felt her head start to hurt. She thought nothing of it and continued the ride and conversation with Kara.
 
Slinging her bag over one shoulder, a 17 year old girl with jet black hair and somewhat over done dark, eye make-up, trudged up the isle of the school bus. She glanced around at all of the faces and saw nothing but an annoying sea of freshman. Erin definitely didn’t care for any of this new faces already. There were a good few high-heel wearing, young blondes giggling away in their little groups; all in all in made Erin sick to think that she had to put up with such cheerfulness for a whole damn year. Well there was always teaching them the ways of high school, i.e. keep your mouth shut or else.

The black haired teen slumped down into a seat opposite two blondes, one talking a thousand miles an hour about fashion and the other asking what was wrong with her choice of clothes. Erin rolled her eyes, took a deep breath and tried her hardest not to get angered.

Regardless she couldn’t stop herself from muttering a sarcastic comment, ”The red jacket just makes her eyes pop, don’t you think?” She shook her head and looked back out of the window. School sucked. Life sucked. She just had to get on with it. And to top it all off there was an irritating tingling in her stomach. Each time her attention was caught by the motor mouth across the isle, Erin’s eyes fell on the blonde next to her.

She just couldn’t shrug that annoying pain in her tummy. It was the burn. Of all the days it chose to play up it had to be today, the day she was to be plagued by all these new faces to Smallville High. It’s gonna be one long day, she thought, pressing her palm against the spot she knew all too well... the physical reminder of that day 10 years ago.

She could hear her mother’s screams, her dad trying desperately to save his only child, his daughter… her. But she couldn’t see their faces. They’d just faded away into a blur along with all that was her life before the meteor shower. She could remember getting everything she ever wanted for her birthdays and more, they were a happy family, a rich family. Last year on her 16th birthday, the lawyers had told her that not a single one of the deceased members of the Hughes family had thought to leave their little Erin anything. She had nothing. Nothing but that bundle of scar tissue, forming swirling shapes across her skin…

Erin’s attention was drawn back once again by a question directed at her. She didn't even bother to turn her head and grace them with a look, only replying with a bitter, “What’d you want small fry?”
 
Misty was confused the headache was getting worse and she didn't know what was going on at first then she noticed the black haired girl getting on the bus and soon after giving her dirty looks as she was rambling on. Finally she said something to her that was kinda smart allic like but she wasn't sure.

”The red jacket just makes her eyes pop, don’t you think?” Misty agreed with her though hurt by the girls rudeness towards her conversation. Misty looked at her trying to figure her out why she would be so mean to her when she hadn't done anything wrong when she heard the girls voice but her lips didn't move. "God that girl is a motor mouth i wish she would just shut up." Misty quickly replied "I don't know what your problem with me is but I'm not a motor mouth."

She then turned back to Kara and continued talking to her about stuff Kara seemed to be playing along with but didn't seem to know much about.
 
Kara smiled at Misty, but she could tell that the way she looked really did set her apart from the other students on the bus. Perhaps she should ask her parents to take her out on one of their free days to go shopping? She shrugged the thought aside as Misty exchanged a few words with a dark haired girl that sat in the seat opposite of them. Was it something that Kara had said that might have caused tension between them? She didn't think so... but the notion still bothered her. Thankfully, before any more animosity could potentially develop their bus pulled up to to Smallville High School parking lot. The doors swung open and a mass exodus took place as students of all ages filed out and began swarming the school property. Kara followed out silently, her hands at both sides as she looked all around her.

"Wow." she said, somewhat amazed at the size of the school. To most students it was fairly unimpressive, but since this was her first time at any public school facility she was deeply impressed. Looking around she saw quite a few grouping of students hanging out on some benches or on the grass, their backpacks laying down beside them as they gossiped or goofed around. A football whizzed by Kara's head but she didn't flinch at all. Instead her hand reached up instinctively and she caught it.

"Hey, pass it here." a male voice called from across the lawn. Kara glanced up and saw a blond haired student, wearing a red and yellow jacket with an S emblem on one sleeve, waving at her.

"Come on man, look at her. Probably doesn't even know how to throw a football. Just go get it from her."

Well... not knowing exactly how to throw a football, Kara more or less lobbed it at him. Luckily it was a direct pass, and she avoided embarrassing herself on the first day. What she didn't see was that she had thrown it pretty hard, and it smacked against the football jocks chest before landing on the ground.

"Dude, nice catch."

"Shut up."


Kara scratched her head as she made her way up the front steps leading into the building. She remembered her father mentioning that she should find the guidance office and get her schedule.

"K, so which way is that?" she asked, looking around the hallways. Posters with the Smallville Crow and other assorted flyer's lined the walls, sometimes even covering up a trophy case or two.
 
The bell had rung. The dreaded time had come. The last school bus arrived delivering the final students. Bruce noticed a blonde haired girl, wearing an old red coat, walking, looking as nervous as he was. Amazingly, she caught a football out of the air, with incredible speed.

The bell rang moments later. Bruce grabbed his bag and headed in. The dreaded moment had come. He walked towards the door, not wanting to go in. "K, so which way is that?" a voice came out from behind him. He turned to see the blonde haired girl behind him, looking at a piece of paper.

Excuse me? Where is what? Bruce asked the girl. I don't know where anything is here, only the office so I can get a schedule. But I would love to help you out. Bruce added as she looked up at him.

My name is Bruce. Bruce Wayne. I'm new here, from Gotham City. May I ask who you are? he asked.
 
"I'm looking for the guidance office, I suppose. It's where my father told me to go first." Kara said, looking at a rather... well not exactly preppy but definitely someone who seemed more fit in a board room than a school hallway. He had dark hair and blue eyes, introducing himself as Bruce Wayne.

"My name's Kara Kent. I'm from around here but this is my first time at the school. Guess we're both in the same boat, so to speak." she added, a polite smile lining her face.

"So, you said you know where the office is, right?"
she asked, trying not to sound rude or too pushy, but then again the warning bell had rung and she would hate to be late to her first class.
 
TearsoftheWorld said:
"I'm looking for the guidance office, I suppose. It's where my father told me to go first." Kara said, looking at a rather... well not exactly preppy but definitely someone who seemed more fit in a board room than a school hallway. He had dark hair and blue eyes, introducing himself as Bruce Wayne.

"My name's Kara Kent. I'm from around here but this is my first time at the school. Guess we're both in the same boat, so to speak." she added, a polite smile lining her face.

"So, you said you know where the office is, right?"
she asked, trying not to sound rude or too pushy, but then again the warning bell had rung and she would hate to be late to her first class.

Kent, Kara Kent, as in one of the Kents that Alfred had talked to him about?

Well Kara, it's very nice to meet you. Bruce said smiling back at the young girl. He paused a moment. There was something about this girl, something he couldn't quit put his finger on. Bruce was usually a good judge of character, but he couldn't label anything about Kara.

Oh, the office? Yeah, I know where it is. Alfred showed me around here yesterday, so I had some idea where I was. It's just over here Bruce said, almost forgetting that Kara had questioned him. He looked down the hallway towards the office. A sea of red and yellow lettermen jackets filled the corridor.
 
"Who's Alfred?" Kara asked blankly as Bruce showed her the direction of the office. She shrugged the thought aside as they started off in the direction of the guidance department. They had to weave their way in between crowds of students and teachers, each one trying to get to their respective classes before the bells would ring. Kara finally ducked into the main administrative office and saw an elderly woman sitting at a desk with a phone to her ear.

No, six o'clock would be fine.

"Guess we better wait." Kara said, glancing at a few empty chairs as she overheard the secretary talking on the phone. She had barely taken a seat when her ears picked up the sound of a phone clamping down. She looked up to see the secretary glance over in her and Bruce's direction.

"How can I help you?" she asked, shifting her eyes back and forth between the two.
 
Alfred? Oh, yeah. He's my butler. Bruce said as they walked to the office. A woman looked up at the two, and asked if she could help them.

Why yes ma'am. We both need our schedules. I think we are the only two who don't have any. We're both new here, so... Bruce said as the lady smiled at them. Bruce thought about what she would be thinking. Of course, seeing a young man dressed in a black T with tan khakis, and a young woman wearing blue and an old red jacket, I'd wonder what was going on too. Bruce chuckled to himself, quietly, hoping that no one heard him.

The lady typed something on the computer, and asked for the names of the two students.

Bruce Wayne, ma'am. And this is Kara Kent Bruce said. He felt ridiculous answering for Kara, but it just came out. He liked saying her name. Kent made him feel more welcome.
 
"You have a butler?" Kara asked, a little surprised but she smiled nonetheless. The Kent's were not exactly 'rich', so Kara always found it neat whenever she met someone who was 'well-off', so to speak. She hadn't heard of Gotham City before, and she figured that it had to be in a state other than Kansas. Kara glanced up at the secretary as she started typing into her computer, her fingers moving at a rather rapid rate that amazed her. Kara could move fast... but typing on a keyboard was something foreign to her.

"Kent... Kent..."


"Oh here we are. Just give me one second and I'll print out your class schedule." the secretary said as she pushed a few more buttons. Within a moment or two the printer next to her spat out a piece of paper, and Kara took hold of it when it was handed to her.

"There you go."

"Thank you."
Kara said gratefully. She glanced down at her schedule as the secretary pulled up Bruce's own records. While not a very long list, Kara could tell that she had quite the work load. There seemed to be classes covering a rather general spectrum of topics, from English Literature to a basic science course. Each class was proceeded by a period number and there was a time slot given as well. Glancing at the clock in the guidance office Kara saw that she had a minute or two before her first class started.

"You better get going, dear." Kara heard the elderly woman say as she looked up at her standing there. Kara nodded her head and turned to Bruce as she walked out into the empty hallway.

"What class does it say for you?"
 
Yeah, Alfred is amazing. He's like my father. He's been with me my entire life. Bruce said, answering her question.

As Bruce and Kara walked down the hallway, away from the office, Kara asked him what class she had.

I happen to have a typing class. Just down the hallway, no wait he said, looking at the paper, trying to remember the school. Upstairs. The typing lab is upstairs. Bruce corrected himself. He looked over at Kara, and noticed her eyes. Her red jacket just made them stick out, as much as Bruce stuck out in this hallway.

What do you have? Bruce asked Kara as they began to head upstairs.
 
"Not typing, I'm afraid. I think my first class is... Home Economics. Guess that means I get to learn how to cook. Oh joy." Kara said, sticking her tongue out in disgust. She spent enough time at home cooking with her mother, so at least she'd get an easy 100 for the class. She walked with Bruce towards the stairwell leading up to the other levels, but her own class was still on this floor.

"Anyways I've got to get going. Maybe we'll meet up later, k?" she asked, wondering if she'd get to see Bruce at any other point in the day. It was nice to have made at least one good friend that she could talk to. Misty on the bus seemed more like the kind of person to do the talking whereas Bruce seemed at least interested what she had to say. With a wave she headed off in the direction of her home ec. class, the smell of baked goods filling the air as she drew closer.

"You're late." an elderly woman remarked to her as she stepped inside the classroom. Kara saw quite a few students already at their stations, aprons around their bodies and their hands covered in paste.

"Sorry." Kara apologized, explaining her situation. The teacher gave her a disapproving nod and then pointed her in the direction of her table. Putting on her apron Kara stood next to a girl who seemed to be the same age as herself, and for the next half hour or so they attempted to make a rather small cake. It didn't come out quite like the picture in the book, but it didn't really matter. At one point during class a small 'food fight' broke out between two male students, apparently disputing over whether or not they'd date this girl named Melissa. Kara couldn't help but smile as the teacher escorted them to the high school office.

When she returned the warning bell had rung, signaling the end of class. Putting away their equipment and washing their hands clean, Kara and the rest of her classmates filed out of the classroom and headed off towards their next class. Kara glanced down at her schedule and saw that she had a history class next.
 
The pain worsened, coming to a climax at the start of the talkative girl's sentence.

"I don't know what your problem with me is but I'm not a motor mouth."

Erin frowned. The weird thing was, she could have sworn she had said nothing of the sort out loud. She simply turned away from the girl and clutched at her stomach, under the cover of her bag of course. Heaven forbid anyone think that she was weak. She knew she should probably take a trip to the doctors after school as well, well, that was if her idiot foster parents decided that she was allowed to go. It mattered not what those old geezers thought, She would probably just climb out the window any.

Reaching into her bag, Erin pulled out a tiny black iPod and turned it on, it was her attempt to rid herself of these irritating freshman. Well, it worked. If only for the fact that the bus had already pulled up outside the High School. Well doesn’t time just fly when your having fun.

First period … History … just great.
 
Misty saw the girl just turn away and put on her ipod. she also was sensing the girl was in pain and agitated about something so realized it was best to leave her alone for the time being.

She said her goodbyes to Kara and told her that she hoped to see her in classes today.

After getting off the bus she ran up to her clique of friends she had for some time. Some of them she hadn't seen since the last day of school last year so their gossip started some of them not being able to get a word in edge wise. Misty's headache which had died down started up again. One of her friends was glaring at her as she was telling her about her date with Johnny one of the most popular boys in their class. Then she heard something again and noticed that her lips didn't move. "I bet she puts out thats why she keeps getting dates with the cute guys."


Misty looked at Leeanna and promptly said "I do not put out Leeanna and i'd appreciate it if you didn't say things like that about me."


"I didn't say anything you freak but if your saying things like that it must be true."
Leeanna countered

Misty just shrugged her off thinking it was strange that people were talking to her without moving their lips. She decided it wasn't worth worrying about as she trotted off to her homeroom to find out where her first class was. After looking at her schedule she realized she had Biological Sciences for first class and grunted at that. God science is so boring.
 
Bruce watched as Kara walked down the hallway, away from him. He smiled. He headed upstairs to his class, thinking about what Alfred had said about the Kents. He was right. Very nice.

Bruce's typing class went ok. He was late, but the teacher didn't seem to mind much. The class was a piece of cake. Typing was easy for Bruce. He had been doing it for a long time, especially when he had signed over Wayne Enterprises to the company board, untill his return.

The bell rang, and Bruce grabbed his bag. He hadn't noticed anyone special in the class, but did hear a name that sounded familiar, but couldn't think of it as he tried. Walking outside of the class, he glanced at his schedule.

History.

Great. Bruce hated history. It was boring for him. He headed down towards the class room to see a girl that he had noticed ealier, listening to a black I-pod, with a "gothic" look on her face. Bruce tried not to stare, but was curious as to who this girl was. She didn't look that nice, but he didn't say anything.

Bruce walked into the History class room, and sat down next to the door, in the front seat. He was not looking forward to this class. But he knew that he had to get through it, and it wasn't going to be the worst part of his day...
 
Back
Top