The China Pearl Inn part 7

Very wise advice lovingfingers.

A small pout bows my lips as there is not naughty little posts for me to answer.

Oh well Time fro coffee and to start the day.

Last edited:
Love that term ‘gridiron football’ or ‘gridiron match.’ I’d never heard that phrase until meeting you English ladies here on Lit. The closest I’ve heard is referring to the field as the gridiron.

What’s the title of the TV series, and when is it expected to be aired? I’d love to check it out. I’m assuming we should be able to stream it with the Firestick.
:eek:

Good morning everyone!

I'm just leaving a little pile of cookies and love here for you all.

Hey Robyn, you go get 'em girl! I guess it's getting serious if you're meeting his mom!!:eek:

Mmmm, cookies... :)

Robyn, there is always trouble in some part of the world, and the bow which is always strung loses its strength, so Enjoy Yourself!

Morning All!

Very wise advice lovingfingers.

A small pout bows my lips as there is not naughty little posts for me to answer.

Oh well Time fro coffee and to start the day.

Awwww it was so nice to meet Steve's Mum in the flesh yesterday especially as we'd spoken on the phone a few times. His sister is lovely and her little girl is like a dolly. Been invited back next week and I'm taking them all for dinner at the weekend.

Watching the scenes from Houston on TV and wish I could help. I think I saw some of my colleagues among the rescuers but it was very blurred. LovingFingers and CG I take your point and I know I need rest but CG you've served, you know what I mean and I know you'd be there helping if you could.

The TV series is called 'Honour' or 'Valiant' or something like that. I'll try and find out. Ok, off to see some of the sights of Chicago (well I can't spend ALL day in bed :devil:)

Yes Robyn I do know what it is like being and old war horse myself and still chaffing at the bit when ever trouble raises its ugly head. Yet I also know we must take time for leave and R&R to recharge our batteries so to speak so we can do are best when duty calls. Anyone who has served or has been a first responder knows this and will support those on the line as best they can.

Sound like your having a goodtime in Chi-town. ;)

Do I hear wedding bells in Robyn's future?! *grins*

Hi CG! I'll take my usual please, and one for you as well.

Awwww it was so nice to meet Steve's Mum in the flesh yesterday especially as we'd spoken on the phone a few times. His sister is lovely and her little girl is like a dolly. Been invited back next week and I'm taking them all for dinner at the weekend.

Watching the scenes from Houston on TV and wish I could help. I think I saw some of my colleagues among the rescuers but it was very blurred. LovingFingers and CG I take your point and I know I need rest but CG you've served, you know what I mean and I know you'd be there helping if you could.

The TV series is called 'Honour' or 'Valiant' or something like that. I'll try and find out. Ok, off to see some of the sights of Chicago (well I can't spend ALL day in bed :devil:)

We went to Chicago when I was around 11 or 12. I really enjoyed the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium. The museum has a T-Rex skeleton. :eek:

Lots of great things to see in Chicago Robyn. I grew up an hour from there. Enjoy your time there, but don't get hoodwinked. Plenty of people selling stolen stuff on the streets. :D

The shed aquarium, museum of science and industry, Brookfield zoo, all great places to see. I saw phantom of the opera there as well. It was great!

We met up with Steve's sister and took her little 4 year old girl to the zoo. Really had a great day with her and watching her little face light up as she saw the animals.

Took her to Macdonalds and and then took her home. Glad to be able to help Steve's sister. Some runt made her pregnant and then ran off. That bastard hasn't got a clue what a beautiful little girl he deserted.

LS I have no idea what our future will be, I'm way too young to think about marriage or anything, just one day at a time.

We met up with Steve's sister and took her little 4 year old girl to the zoo. Really had a great day with her and watching her little face light up as she saw the animals.

Took her to Macdonalds and and then took her home. Glad to be able to help Steve's sister. Some runt made her pregnant and then ran off. That bastard hasn't got a clue what a beautiful little girl he deserted.

LS I have no idea what our future will be, I'm way too young to think about marriage or anything, just one day at a time.

Sounds like a great day, Robyn.

Do I hear wedding bells in Robyn's future?! *grins*

Hi CG! I'll take my usual please, and one for you as well.

It would be my pleasure Shiva. ;)

I smile as I pour Shiva her libation and one for myself. Cheers.

Huh. So apparently I need to throw out poorly formed ideas in the seeking thread more often.

I almost never have any active ideas for stories. The last one was so formed it burned through 3 writers in the planning stages.

This one I expected very little interest in, but have already had quite a bit of interest. Go figure. Sometimes less is more I guess.

Huh. So apparently I need to throw out poorly formed ideas in the seeking thread more often.

I almost never have any active ideas for stories. The last one was so formed it burned through 3 writers in the planning stages.

This one I expected very little interest in, but have already had quite a bit of interest. Go figure. Sometimes less is more I guess.
I find that too specific can detract from the interest because people either can't see themselves in the role, or they feel there is no room for their ideas. But the reverse is true also I've been too vague e.g. Seeking a partner to brainstorm with and gotten no replies. Sometimes the seeking thread can provide fickle results lol.

Cheers Glad...I hope al goes well.

F D I quite agree with you less is can be more. I know when I am working with a co-writer other than finding out what peeks their interests, and establish what thing ARE TABOO for them, all that a story really needs is a basic plot line or concept as my style of writing is to react what has been written by them. Stories often take on a life of their own and leads us to some surprising places. Just a though F D . ;)

Cheers Glad...I hope al goes well.

F D I quite agree with you less is can be more. I know when I am working with a co-writer other than finding out what peeks their interests, and establish what thing ARE TABOO for them, all that a story really needs is a basic plot line or concept as my style of writing is to react what has been written by them. Stories often take on a life of their own and leads us to some surprising places. Just a though F D . ;)
I am usually like you CG, although I have had some other stories that were well planned out as well that did very also
I have also had stories where I had it mapped out and introduced twists to an unsuspecting cowriter and that is fun too. But some of the best stories are where you build off what the other wrote you get lots of twists that way.

The initial part of the story was planned out, but from there it was very open ended. I think what intimidated most writers was the challenge of the story. I was asking them to write a very difficult role. I thought that would motivate more people than it did.

Eventually I got the story going though, which is good because I wanted to write the story for a really long time.

I have been finding myself writing a few different styles of stories lately that don't conform to my norm. It has been a nice change.

The initial part of the story was planned out, but from there it was very open ended. I think what intimidated most writers was the challenge of the story. I was asking them to write a very difficult role. I thought that would motivate more people than it did.

Eventually I got the story going though, which is good because I wanted to write the story for a really long time.

I have been finding myself writing a few different styles of stories lately that don't conform to my norm. It has been a nice change.
change can be really good. I have recently spoken to a few more players to start new stories that I believe will push my writing ability. I really need that especially if I do desire to write a book. I wrote a 16 hundred word thread intro today.

No, because mine is terrible.
That sounds jind of like a cop-out :(
Cos you know everyone loves your writing. I wouldn't be writing with you if I didn't like it.

Oh hog wash. Enough of that.

I will read it eventually Shiva, sorry I haven't read it as of yet.
That's okay. It was only mediocre at best, but at least there weren't any glaring grammatical errors.

If you want Shiva I could do it for you.
If you would like to!!

Morning all just got on to Lit as the days demands have set in in earnest.:eek:

heya yeah it was down most of the day

and trust me shiva I am sure your story is better than much of the drivel that gets posted in the story section. there are some impressively bad writers over there.

Back