Doctors to Join Gun Control Battle?

akatrex

Literotica Guru
Doctors in gun control effort by asking patients about firearms in homes.

Hell they don't need to ask.......I just show the Doc the one i'm carrying. :cool:

Hell they don't need to ask.......I just show the Doc the one i'm carrying. :cool:

Can't wait to see your paranoid source.

Your doctor makes house calls? Or didn't you realize that if you have the gun with you at the doctor's office, it isn't in your home?

Can't wait to see your paranoid source.

A true, No Information Voter.....Though they Paranoid Source, was holding a pen yesterday when he..King Santa Barry signed an Executive order.....telling doctors to ask Firearms questions.... when the meet with patients....eh, that wasn't on TMZ, so you missed it..

I will agree, Paranoid and Obama in the same sentence makes total sense

Last edited:
true No Information Voter.....Though the Paranoid Source, was holding a pen yesterday when he..King Santa Barry signed an Executive order.....telling doctors to ask Firearms questions....

It's like they read the memo from RWCJ HQ and it just supplants all reality. Stunning.

It's like they read the memo from RWCJ HQ and it just supplants all reality. Stunning.

blinded by your gaming....you certainly watched the edited version of your Kings Great speech while using children as shields....and waking today and reading from LWCJ.....or your update from Media matter for Marx and Engles... or Was it What would Che do.

A true, No Information Voter.....Though they Paranoid Source, was holding a pen yesterday when he..King Santa Barry signed an Executive order.....telling doctors to ask Firearms questions.... when the meet with patients....eh, that wasn't on TMZ, so you missed it..

Hmm, yeah, I can see how the clear and concise writing could confuse you.

“Doctors and other mental health professionals play an important role in protecting the safety of their patients and the broader community by reporting direct and credible threats of violence to the authorities. But there is public confusion about whether federal law prohibits such reports about threats of violence. The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits these reports in any way

Oh, and to answer the question posed in the thread title:
Only if they choose to.

So, if you don't like them asking, find another Dr.

fo0115_gundeaths940a.jpg

Those gang members are turning out to be younger and younger, aren't they?

You're a moron of colossal proportions. Never accuse me of being low-information on this topic as I am a practicing licensed mental health professional. It's our job to ask these questions and it always will be. Nothing in the executive order alters any of that. Speaking of low-information, let me show you the order itself since it's clear that you haven't read it:

16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

So you're just plain lying. The order doesn't tell doctors to do anything at all. It just clarifies that doctors are not prohibited by the ACA from asking firearm questions. And it was an unfortunate necessity as right wing bullshit media outlets (see Vetteman's posts over the last 1-2 days) were spreading the lie that mental health professionals are not allowed to ask patients if they have weapons.

Under Obamacare laws they can't. :cool: They can ask, but you don't have to say. ;)

Is this thread about the efficacy of the assault-style weapon vaccine?

Under Obamacare laws they can't. :cool: They can ask, but you don't have to say. ;)

You lie. Plain and simple, you lie and you willingly repear the lies of others. Vette peddled this lie last night and had his ass handed to him. Even Bra_Man had to step up and tell Vette he's confused.

The law says the government can't use medical records to create a gun tracking database. It does not forbid mental health professionals from asking mentally ill, suicidal and/or homicial people if they have a gun. That question is required and if it doesn't get asked and then the patient goes out and starts shooting, well the mental health worker has a whole lot of explaining to do for their negligent patient work.

I'm a psychiatrist working in a large mental health facility. We ask patients that question all the time and we document it in their medical records.

You lie. Plain and simple, you lie and you willingly repear the lies of others. Vette peddled this lie last night and had his ass handed to him. Even Bra_Man had to step up and tell Vette he's confused.

The law says the government can't use medical records to create a gun tracking database. It does not forbid mental health professionals from asking mentally ill, suicidal and/or homicial people if they have a gun. That question is required and if it doesn't get asked and then the patient goes out and starts shooting, well the mental health worker has a whole lot of explaining to do for their negligent patient work.

I'm a psychiatrist working in a large mental health facility. We ask patients that question all the time and we document it in their medical records.

How do you tell if they're lying?

*views post* I posted the link in another thread and you ran like the coward you are, MORON.

Back