Rancher's Daughter (Closed for Misssweet)

When he pulled her against him, a slight shock ran threw her. She putted her arms around his neck and danced along with him. His strong arms wrapped around her, and the slight smile he had on his lips. She wondered if he might have a thing for her. He held her against him, not too tightly but still firm.

The music ended and she saw Marie and Taylor get lost in a sweet embrace. She wondered if one day, it would be her in a sweet embrace with her husband. She brushed those thoughts. To have an husband, she would need to have a steady boyfriend. And the way her dating life been going, that is not gonna happen anytime soon.

The song changed, another slow song. She figures to go get them some drinks, thinking the sweet moment has passed along with the previous song. When she felt him grip her hips and bring her close against him. Her eyes grew wide and she felt a shock of excitement run threw her body has he held her against him. Leaning over he whispered in her ear "What do you say we dance again?" Shivers ran all over her feeling him this close. There's no doubt, he has a thing for her and a slight smile of delight appeared on her lips at her discovery. She tilted her head back, resting the back of her head against his chest. She looked up at him and purred. "I say let's dance."

For a moment he held her like this, her back against him, his hands resting on her hips. She then turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck. She made sure to feel his broad shoulders has she did so. She felt his hands wrapped around her waist and little of her back. Their bodies close together started to sway. Occasionally he would tighten his grip and felt like holding on a bit tighter. "I never thought of you as a guy that liked dancing Luke." She purred softly, getting lost in the music and the words of the song. She missed being held like this, and often it does not happen. The city people are so much colder. She felt warm and good in his arms. To realize how close she actually was. She couldn't help but to blush. "I'm sorry Luke if i'm too close against you. I hope you don't mind.just tell me if i am." She said shyly, hoping he didn't feel odd about this.
 
Luke had pulled her back against him and it would have been easy for him to wrap his arms around her and feel those lovely mounds that a few moments ago were pressing into his chest. Instead he opted to grab her hips and hold onto her while she thought about his question. He smiled when she said to dance and then turned to put her arms around his broad muscled shoulders.

He pulled her against him once again, feeling her ample breasts pressing against him. He was listening to the music as they swayed together and then she purred softly into his ear, "I never thought of you as a guy that liked dancing Luke."

He was about to answer when she added, "I'm sorry Luke if I'm too close against you. I hope you don't mind. Just tell me if I am."

He pulled back a little so he could look at her face. "First off I like to dance and there are a lot of things you don't know about me." He watched her eyes sparkle at him and then added, "Secondly. You are not too close Shiloh. In fact I like having you dancing close to me."

Once he said it, he realized that he made an error when he told her there were things she didn't know about him. He silently cussed to himself for having said it. She very well could try to pry some things out of him that he didn't want people to know about. Hell he had just met her yesterday and there was no way he could tell her he was once in prison even if he was wrongfully accused.

He figured the best defense was a good offense. Something that would change the subject before he regretted something he said. "Shiloh I like dancing with you." He moved his face to within inches of hers and then he kissed her lightly on the lips. He wondered if he was being too forward and would she reject his kiss.
 
His arms holding her tightly against him. She felt herself fluster at his touch. When he mention that there was a lot she did not know, her mind went into a series of questions. She wondered what he meant exactly. Before she could analyze it too much, he pulled away a bit and whispered softly to her. "Shiloh, I like dancing with you." Her eyes gazed into his, before any other thoughts could invade her mind he leaned in and gently kissed her. Shiloh never saw that coming. When he broke the kiss, she found herself flustered and lost in the feeling he just created. She stood there, incapable to make a move, she finally whispered to him. "I like dancing with you too...,"

The song ended and when she turned, Marie was standing there with a big grin on her face. Luke excused himself and went to order them some drinks. Leaving Shiloh and Marie alone on the dancefloor. "So....looks like you guys are getting along!" She teased, shiloh rolled her eyes, not ready yet to know what to say about the kiss. They sat at their table, Shiloh saw taylor and Luke ordering more drinks at the bar. Then the waitress comes by with a few drinks and placed them in front of Shiloh. She look at the women confused. "We didn't order those." She said politely. The waitress just smiled and said. "You didn't but he did." Has she pointed to a man playing pool. The girls both turned around to see who was buying her drinks. He stood tall and turned around. Shiloh faced got blank when she realized it was Johny. He looked their way and with his seductive smile and a wave, there was no avoiding him now. "Uh oh! You know i bet he's doing that cause him and
Crystal broke up. That's karma for you, he cheated on you with her and now she cheated on him with his brother." Shiloh looked at the juicy gossip her friend had just provided. "Oh i know, but after what he's done to me, i'm not interested!" She hissed. She turned away showing him she was not interested in even coming over to say thanks. She was still mad for what he made her go threw. She felt a bit of relief when she saw the guys heading back with their drinks. She snuck a peek to see if he was noticing the guys and smiled when she saw the expression on his face. "Thanks Luke." She purred.
 
The kiss was totally unexpected and Luke could tell when he pulled back from the soft kiss that she was uncertain as to what to do. They stopped dancing and she stood in front of him looking at him. He wondered if what he did was wrong and then she told him she liked dancing with him too.

Luke was trying to figure what to say when the music ended. He was about to tell her he was sorry and didn't know what came over him when she turned and he saw Marie standing nearby with a big grin on her face.

Taylor was also watching them. The two walked to them and Taylor suggested they go get some more beer.

Luke made a feeble excuse and then he and Taylor walked away to the bar. At the bar he saw Shiloh and Marie talking and Marie seemed to be very animated and more than once glanced in his direction. He knew they were talking about him and the kiss and he felt a bit embarrassed about it. It was a spur of the moment kiss and he thought she wanted it too but they were interrupted by Marie and Taylor.

The bartender was busy and they had to wait to order their beers. The interlude gave Luke a chance to look around the bar for any familiar faces. Seeing none, he felt a sense of relief that maybe, just maybe he would not run into any of his uncle's men. He did however notice a man playing pool who seemed to be interested in Marie and Shiloh. He watched as the waitress delivered a couple of drinks to their table and then Shiloh looked in the direction of the man.

Taylor saw Luke's gaze. "That's Johnny. He was he one who dumped Shiloh for Crystal and from what I hear, she started running around on him with his brother." Luke was a little concerned about the whole situation. Not that he couldn't whip Johnny's ass. He didn't want to start any confrontation that might expose his past. While in prison, he had to learn to defend himself and he was pretty confident he could handle Johnny.

Luke and Taylor finally got their drinks and then headed back to the booth. He saw Shiloh look at the man at the pool table and then she smiled when she looked back at them. Maybe he didn't need to apologize to her. The look on her face seemed to say she was glad they were coming back.

When she purred thanks, there was an inflection in her voice that was sensual and friendly. "Hey no problem. I see you gals already got a drink," he said looking at the pool table area. He slid into the booth and was surprised and pleased when after he was settled, Shiloh moved closer to him. They were sipping their drinks when he felt her hand on his thigh. squeezing it. At first he thought she was being forward but then he glanced in the direction where her eyes were fixed.

A man was putting his cue stick back in the rack. He said something to another man and they turned from the pool table and headed directly toward them. Luke put his hand on top of Shiloh's and felt her squeezing it tightly. No words were spoken but he knew this was not a person she was looking forward to seeing.
 
Hearing the sounds of the cue sticks, she turned to noticed they were putying them away. She felt nervous and anxious. So many years she's been avoiding him and all this drama and he just had to be there. She wondered how it could get worst. Her answer came when she noticed him coming toward them. All eyes fixed upon him, since everyone either then Luke knew of him. Marie most of all since she had to be that crying shoulder Shiloh had when everything happened. She held on to Luke, not sure why she did, but she felt comfort with him around. She feared being blind sided by jonny's lies and she did not wanted to go down that road again. Johny was a talented smooth talker but she knew him, she knew he did it once, he will do it again.

He got to their tables and all head looked toward him. He flashed that million dollar smile that all the girls in the valley melt for, but not Shiloh, she felt rage and anger toward him "Marie! You're looking as beautiful as always," he says charmingly and his gaze set upon Shiloh, occasionaly looking at the man that sitted next to her. "Shiloh! My it has been years since i last saw you..." The expression on Marie face was discomfort, no one knew if they should just brush him off or be polite. But Shiloh told herself its been many years since his betrayal, and if she showed any negative signs, he might think she still has a weakness for him. It was hard for her not to have mixed emotions about him. At the sight of him, memories of when they were in love came flowing back. He was afterall the only man she ever loved but he totally broke her heart and those old feelings came flooding back also.

She kept her cool and decided to play a different card. She kept her hand on Luke's thigh, and she flashed Johny a gorgeous smile."Well hello Johny, it has been a long time since i've seen you." She said smoothly, with no indication of her nervousness. "So what brings you back to these neck of the woods?" Johny says, ignoring the dirty looks the guys were giving him. "I came to help my parents with the barn." "Oh yes! How is that mustang of yours? Is he trained well enough to win at the horse show at the end of the month? I heard your father's last trainer did not do a good job taming the beast." She forced a polite smile, how she hated that everyone knows everything in these small towns. "I'm sure midnight will do just fine Johny. My father fired that guy but now he has a more capable trainer, he will have midnight in shape in no time. Right Luke?" She said in a confident tone, looking at Luke. Johny then noticed her hand on him, but instead he gave her one of these looks along with his sly grin. "I'm sure he will, well i have the guys waiting for me, I just came to see how you've been Shiloh. I hope to see you again soon. Was nice seeing you Marie and Taylor." He then looked at Luke, "Oh i'm afraid i didn't catch your name." He says towsrd Luke.
 
Luke watched the man and his friends approach the booth. The man Shiloh called Johnny had a smile on his face as if he was happy to see her and Marie again. When he arrived at the table, Luke listened to his banter with Marie. He could tell right away that this man was con-man. He had all the smoothness of a very friendly guy in his voice but Luke had run across men like him in the past. They were all talk of promise but no substance.

When the man talked to Marie and then to Shiloh, Luke noticed he occasionally looked in his direction. It was as if he were sizing him up as a competitor sizes up his foe before an important match.

Shiloh's hand stayed on his thigh and he rather enjoyed it. Every so often she would squeeze his hand and thigh and Luke could tell she was nervous about seeing her old flame once more. Luke didn't know the whole story behind the two of them but the way she was acting, it must have been serious. He was surprised when she acted like it was no big deal to see again after all these years.

Taylor likewise was keeping a keen eye on Johnny. He and Luke exchanged glances and both of them didn't care for this character standing in front of the booth. Both men listened to Johnny asking Shiloh about the ranch and in particular the mustang. Luke had the animal well on his way to being trained for the upcoming show. He was surprised to hear Johnny ask about her dad and he knew a lot about what goes on in the area. Luke had a clammy feeling that Johnny may know about his past. He acted nonchalant, letting Shiloh answer his questions.

When she said that Midnight would be ready for the show and then looked at him and saying, "Right Luke?"Luke smiled and responded. "You can be sure Midnight will be ready." His answer was direct as if no one could argue the point with him. Johnny looked at him with a quizzical grin as if he knew something.

Luke felt the hairs on the back of his neck go up when Johnny asked his name. It was said in a sarcastic way that seemed to indicate that he had not seen the last of him. "Luke .... my name is Luke," he repeated. He didn't offer a last name but Luke knew that it wasn't needed. If Luke was from the area and if someone dug hard enough, they would eventually uncover the truth about him and his uncle. Luke looked at Johnny as he turned to leave and felt that this man was the type of man who enjoyed destroying someone's life. He would have to be careful with Johnny or his whole world at Mr. Robertson's ranch would come crashing down. And now it seemed his daughter, Shiloh was part of the equation.

When he left, Luke looked at the others in the booth and there was a sense of relief that Johnny had gone. Luke noticed Shiloh's hand was still on his thigh and he was not about to ask her to remove it. Instead he picked up his beer and smiled. "Well I think this calls for a drink." He put the bottle to his lips and then drained the bottle. Signaling the waitress, he ordered another round.

Turning to Shiloh, he grinned. Her fingers were moving in small circles on his inner thigh. If she kept that up it wouldn't be long before she felt something else besides his thigh. He put his hand on her thigh, squeezing it lightly. He wanted something more but now was not the time nor place for it. He smiled into her sparkling eyes thinking that he saw the same sign. "So the big bad wolf is gone. What do you say we have another dance?"
 
The relief flew over her when Johny left. She hated the rush of emotions that rushes in when faced with an ex, even worst, with your ex fiance. She started to see Luke under a new light. She started to understand her father for trusting him. Luke was a good man. She felt safe with him. When he laid his hand onto her thigh, her eyes met his. She noticed something different in his glare. A glimmer in his eyes that prevented her to look away. He smiled and asked her to dance again. Without any hesitation, she smiled and purred, "Of course!" She purred, removing her hand from his thigh and scooting out of the booth. Marie had that silly grin and winked at her. Shiloh knew what Marie was thinking at that moment.

On the dance floor, Luke wasted no time grabing her and bringing her close to him. Their bodies swaying to the music. "I'm sorry for Johny, Luke. I did not mean to get you involved in any way. He can be such an arrogant asshole, hopefully we won't see much of him." She whispered to him. Looking deep into his eyes she said out loud what she's been wondering. "Luke, Why did you kiss me?"
 
Marie's smile and wink were not lost on Luke. He smiled to Taylor who likewise gave him a wink and nod of approval. Johnny was gone, at least for the moment, and all his thoughts were on Shiloh who was walking a few steps in front of him. He watched her ass swaying seductively as she headed to the dance floor. He wondered what it would feel like to cup those gorgeous globes in his hands.

When she turned to him on the dance floor, he pulled her into his arms again loving the feel of her body against him. It was as if their bodies were meant to be together. She fit so well into his arms and Luke started to sway to the music. He was enjoying listening to the soft strains of the melody and the lyrics of the song when he heard her soft voice in his ear.

"I'm sorry for Johnny, Luke. I did not mean to get you involved in any way. He can be such an arrogant asshole, hopefully we won't see much of him."

She pulled back and looked deep into his eyes and he could tell there was a question coming. He just hoped it was not a question about his past. "Luke, Why did you kiss me?"

Luke was stunned for a moment. Here he was thinking of his past and Johnny seemingly acting as if he knew something about him. Relieved he smiled at her. "First don't apologize for the asshole. He will get what is coming to him sooner or later. And if he messes with you again, just let me know I know how to take care of guys like him." He learned in prison to stick up for himself and there were a few bullies that he had to contend with in order to gain respect amongst the rest of the prison population. He put those thoughts behind him and looked at her questioning face.

"Why did I kiss you?" he teased her. He stopped dancing, his hands on her hips, and his eyes staring directly into hers. "I kissed you because I wanted to Shiloh. I wanted feel what your lips tasted like. I thought of kissing you when we were in the north forty fixing the fence and gate....." He paused for a moment wondering if he really should be saying all these things. For all he knew she would tell her father and he would be out of a job. He could tell she was taking in all his words as he continued. "And tonight with you dancing with me and the music playing I couldn't help myself. If I offended you I'm sorry and it won't happen again."

There was a tense moment while he continued to look into her eyes wondering if she would slap his face.
 
His answer were so sincere to her, she could tell it was just slipping out of his mouth and he was unsure whether he should be saying anything.

A tense moment of unsurity fell upon them, has he posed for a reaction or answer. Shiloh broked the tension by pulling him closer and kissing him deeply. His arms tighten around her as their kiss deepen. She then broke the kiss and with a soft smile whispered to him. " You have not offended me Luke...." She purred, resting her head on his chest. Taking in this peaceful moment.
 
Luke was watching Shiloh closely wanting to see her reaction to his words. The answer was given to him when she leaned close and then kissed him passionately. His arms left her hips and circled her waist, squeezing her tightly against him.

Her kiss was soft yet demanding as it deepened and he did not want the moment to end. She felt so good in his arms. It was as if they were made for each other. One hand pressed into her lower back while the other roamed up and down her upper back.

He looked into her eyes and then smiled as she told him he had not offended her in a soft sexy voice. The relief he felt from her kiss and now her words was welcoming. He felt oblivious to everyone else around them as they swayed together to the music.

They were still swaying slowly when the music ended but it did not seem to matter. He loved having her head on his chest and it had been a long time since he had held a woman in his arms.

His eyes were half closed when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked at Taylor and Marie standing close by with big grins on their faces. "Ahem ...." Taylor said chuckling.

"If you guys want to be alone go get a room," Marie joked winking at him and Shiloh.

Luke laughed and looked at Shiloh. "Well it looks like we have been caught red-handed." The music started again but it was a country line dance. "Let's go back to the booth. If you see me dance to this you would have nothing to do with me."

Taylor grinned and then agreed. "I agree with Luke. Let's have the pros take over the dance floor."
 
They walked back to the booth, giving each other glances and smiles. The guys sat at their spot but before Shiloh could sit down, Marie grabbed her arm "Excuse us guys, we have to go to the girl room." She says. Dragging Shiloh to the washroom. Shiloh knew Marie was gonna start her questions.

"So...What was that about?" She says with that grin on her face. She's already analyzing the situation. "I'm not sure....I mean, I didn't see that coming." Shiloh says not sure what was the right answer. "Well it sure looks like he likes you. So, what do you think? Is he a good kisser?" She said giggling. Shiloh suddenly felt like highschool again. "I'm not sure Marie, I mean he is a great kisser and he's really hot, but I just met him yesterday, i hardly know anything about him...." She trailed off. Marie expression soften and she took shiloh hand and said softly. "Well, take advantage of your time here to get to know him. Ask him about his origins. He seems like a good guy to me, and i'm sure you'll figure it out before you leave." Marie paused, "Hopefully he'll convince you not to leave." Shiloh looked at her friend a bit surprised. Never before has she expressed that she wanted her to come back. "We'll see. We better get back." They hurried back to their booth.

Once there they realized the guys took advantage of their absence to order more drinks. Shiloh scooted next to Luke and they exchanged a glance and smile. Marie sat down and looked at the drinks. "Are you guys trying to get us drunk?!" She joked, "Either way it's the last drink, we should be heading out after this."

At that, Shiloh's ears perked up. She wondered what would happen next. She also wanted to avoid bombarding him with questions about himself.

They shared a few more stories and laughs when the drink soon were gone. Marie hugged her friend and so did Taylor. Taylor gave Luke a good handshake and told him to give him a call sometime and they would go fishing. Marie gave Luke a good hug and whispered in his ear. "Be good to her!" She said softly and warmly. And with a smile, and a wave goodbye, they both exited out of the bar. Shiloh grabbed her jacket and purse, "Well i hope you had fun at the 'Oasis' tonight." She said to him jokingly.
 
Taylor and Luke talked about ranching and cars when the women went to the restroom. Luke found the two of them had a lot in common and he took a liking to him. He realized Taylor was one of the few men he felt comfortable talking about different things. Taylor did not ask him about his past and seemed content to not meddle.

The waitress came and the men quickly downed their drinks and ordered another round for everyone. They were sipping their new drinks when the women returned. Luke saw a different look on Shiloh's face and wondered what the two women talked about in the restroom. He was pleased when she scooted into the booth and sat close to him. He smiled at her and then laughed when Marie asked if they were trying to get her and Shiloh drunk.

Taylor smiled at Marie and then put his arm around her shoulders. "If that's what it takes to get you into bed, then you should have one more," he said teasingly.

Marie elbowed him in the side and answered, "Taylor you're such and asshole." She nodded her head toward Shiloh and Luke as if to say it was not the right thing to say with them around.

"Ohhh don't worry honey. I was just joshing," he said with a sly chuckle.

After some stories Luke saw Marie stand and then hug her friend. Taylor offered his hand to Luke and the two of them shook hands. "I hope we will be seeing more of you. Give me a call and we'll go fishing," Taylor said.

"I'm sure you will and I love to fish," Luke responded.

Then Marie gave him a hug and whispered in his ear that he should be good to her. He didn't quite know what she meant by that but it probably had something to do with what the two women talked about in the restroom.

"Well I hope you had fun at the 'Oasis' tonight."

"I did," he responded as he helped her with her jacket.

The night air was cool and Luke was glad he had come to the Oasis with Shiloh. He had thoroughly enjoyed himself with the exception of meeting Johnny. There was something about him that Luke did not trust. They arrived at Shiloh's car and Luke noticed there were only a few cars left in the lot.

He was about to open her car door when she turned to look at him. He smiled and took her into his arms. " I really did have a great time tonight. Thank you for inviting me." He leaned toward her and kissed her softly on the lips and then with more passion. Her lips felt so soft and tender and he wanted to feel her luscious body against him.

He leaned back against the car door, feeling her body press against his. A spark of lust ignited in his body and he felt his manhood respond. He wanted her but did she want him. He had a pretty good idea she liked him from what Marie told him. His hands slipped further around her, drawing her tight, loving the feel of their kiss growing deeper and more passionate.
 
Shiloh felt herself melt into his passionate embrace. His arms held her so very close and she just let her arms tangle around him. She held him close without breaking this kiss. Her mind and body filled with Lust. Just then her mind went back to reality and she did not wanted to mess things up for her father. She liked him but she had no idea what all this was. But she did not wanted to stop this, she wanted to know where this could be. She figured to keep things on low at home until she knows for sure.

She took advantage of the fact she was not home to take in more of him. Her mind and body lost into this deep kiss. She knew if she didn't stop soon, she would be doing a lot more then just kissing. Beside, she was pretty sure she could feel his manhood threw his jeans, and threw what she felt, he seemed to be quite equip for pleasure. She took all her strenght and broke the kiss. She looked at him and whispered softly. "We should maybe go home, i don't want my parents to get worried." He smiled back and opened her door letting her in. He then took the wheel and drove on the road to go home. Shiloh was trying to wrap her mind around what had happened, his sudden kiss, johny, Luke display of affection toward her. She wondered what this was gonna be. "Luke, Maybe we should keep this on the low in front of my parents. I don't wNt to get them talking you know...." Hoping he wouldn't feel offended.
 
The erotic moment was lost when she told Luke, "We should maybe go home, I don't want my parents to get worried."

Thoughts of Ben firing him instantly ran through his head. He smiled at Shiloh and nodded his head. "Let me get the door for you," he said opening the door and watching her slide into the passenger seat. Her skirt rode up on her creamy thighs and when he slid behind the steering wheel, he noticed she had not bothered to pull the hem of her dress down.

They drove to the ranch in silence, each lost in their own thoughts. He wondered what she was thinking as he thought over the last few hours. They had fun dancing and drinking with Taylor and Marie. The only bad part of the evening was being introduced to Johnny. There was something about him that Luke didn't like. Then he thought of the two kisses on the dance floor and in the parking lot. As he pulled into the long dirt road leading to the house he wondered if maybe he read more into the kisses than Shiloh did.

She broke the silence as he pulled up to the house. "Luke, maybe we should keep this on the low in front of my parents. I don't want to get them talking you know...."

"I understand Shiloh," he replied getting out of the car. He saw that the lights were still on in the house and assumed her parents were still up. He looked at his watch, seeing that it was almost midnight.

"I have a busy day tomorrow Shiloh and had better get some sleep. Thanks for the fun time," he said handing her the car keys.

He turned to walk to the bunk house and heard her say she enjoyed the evening too. The thoughts running through his head as he headed to the bunk house were mixed. He needed to clear his head before he went to bed. Grabbing a beer from the refrigerator, he walked to the backside of the bunk house and sat on an old tree stump.

He liked to sit out under the stars when he had a problem and now he contemplated what happened tonight. It was clear to him that she was the boss' daughter and if she said anything to her dad he could be fired on the spot. Luke knew he could probably land work somewhere else but he really liked working for Ben. He trusted Luke with the work around the ranch and so far Luke had not let him down.

Sipping the beer, he looked at the house and saw Shiloh's light on in her room. He saw shadows dancing on the walls and then she was standing at the window. It was then that he made up his mind that he had been wrong to kiss the boss' daughter. She acted as though she liked the kisses but he was convinced that was the extent of their relationship. He finished the beer and headed to bed knowing what he had to do. Be friendly to the boss' daughter and keep his distance.
 
Once home, he handed her the keys, she hoped that it didn't mess anything up, but when he handed her the keys and retrieved to his place, her heart sank. He didn't attempt another kiss, not even a hug. She watched him walk away, and with a sight of disappointment, she retrieved to her room. After changing from her clothes and into her night dress. She looked out the window, looking down on the house that Luke was in. She wondered if she might have said or did something wrong.

She thought of the night, but mostly of him. She did not expect that when the night started but now she's in her room with feelings that were not there this morning. Or were they and she was too oblivious to notice. She finaly hop into her bed and laid down to sleep. Her mind filled with questions and thoughts of Luke.

In the morning she went downstairs to meet up with her parents. Her father sitting at the table reading the paper as always, while her mother cooked up breakfast for them. Shiloh says her good morning and sat down, wondering if Luke came in yet.

"Sweetheart, you're mother and I are gonna go away for two days. There's promiss of a prize winning mare and i would like to have her. When your mustang will be trained, we could breed them and make good money with them." Shiloh smiled at him, knowing that means a bit of alone time with Luke. "Oh okay daddy, so when are you guys gonna be back?" Her mother brought her some pancakes and rest them in front of her. "We willbe leaving this afternoon, should be back by tuesday evening sweetheart." He answered warmly. "Did you guys have fun yesterday?" She tried to hide herself blushing a little when he asked. "Yes dad, it was a good night. Where's Luke?" She asked wondering why he has not showed up yet for breakfast. "Luke? He's in the barn, he came in to have breakfast early this morning."

Shiloh wondered why? Did he not wanted to see her at all? She finished her breakfast and headed to the barn. She was curious to see how things would unfold.

She saw him tending to midnight. He didn't noticed her and she took advantage to admire him. How she felt warm and nervous around him. "Hey!" She exclaimed to get his attention. He turned around looking at her but there was something different. There was a distance between them and she knew she said something wrong. "How are you this morning? I didn't see you at breakfast." She went over to her horse and patted him. She saw him taking a few steps back from her and the question was just burning her lips. "Is everything okay Luke?"
 
Luke rose early after a fitful night of sleep. Thoughts of Shiloh danced in his head all night; waking him up every so often. He thought of their arrival at the house and with the house lights on he didn't know if anyone was watching them. He didn't take the chance on giving her a kiss or hug for fear that either her dad or mom may be awake. He didn't need Ben seeing them hugging or kissing and so he felt it best just to leave.

Looking at the clock on the nightstand, he saw it was 5:00 am. He felt like he had not slept all night but there was work to be done. The first rays of sunlight were lighting the sky in the eastern horizon. Chores needed to be done no matter if he was tired or not. He slipped out of bed and stretched, trying to loosen his muscles. Thoughts of Shiloh filled his head and he was not sure how he would be able to avoid her. It was not what he wanted but he didn't want to lose his job. He didn't know how Mr. and Mrs. Richardson would take to him, a hired hand fooling around with their daughter.

Luke dressed quickly and headed to the house. Mrs. Richardson was already in the kitchen cooking breakfast and Mr. Richardson was seated in his usual chair drinking coffee and reading the paper.

"Good morning Luke," the old man commented. "How was your night out with Shiloh?"

"I think we had a good time Ben. We went to the Oasis with Marie and Taylor. They seem like a really nice couple. We all had a few beers and danced a bit and then came home." Luke did not tell him about Johnny; figuring Shiloh could fill them in on his visit to their booth.

Luke saw the look on Ben's face when he mentioned dancing. "So you're a dancer Luke?"

"Just slow dancing Ben. I have two left feet when it comes to trying to keep up with the fast songs" The two men laughed and Mrs. Robinson joined in. "Just like a man," she called out.

Over breakfast the men talked about the work to be done and then Ben told Luke that he and Lisa were going to be gone for a few days to look at a mare he heard about. He talked about breeding the mare with Shiloh's mustang. "I'm sure I can trust you and Shiloh to take care of the ranch while we're gone," he added as he sipped on his coffee.

"Ben you can count on me to take care of the ranch." He thought of a few days with Shiloh alone and wondered what that would mean. He saw Ben looking at him and he decided to get out of the house quickly. "I had better get going on the morning chores. Thanks for breakfast Lisa, " he said as he got up to leave. As Luke walked to the stable, his thoughts again turned to Shiloh and he wondered how she would react to the news. Just last night she talked about keeping a low profile in front of them. With them gone for a few days, would that change things. He wasn't sure. Last night she said she wanted to cool things and he figured it best to do the same. He didn't want to open a can of worms with the Robertson's.

He was brushing Midnight's mane when he heard her call out to him. It startled him a little as he was deep in thought, trying to figure out what happened to Shiloh last night. She seemed to like him kissing her and then she acted distant.

Luke turned toward her and saw her eyes searching his face. "I'm fine Shiloh. I had to get some work done this morning so I had an early breakfast," he said stepping back so she could pet Midnight.

"Is everything okay Luke?"

The words burned into his head. Not everything was alright. He had made an advancement toward her and she told him she wanted to cool it around her folks.

"Everything is fine Shiloh," he said looking at her bright eyes. He really wanted to take her into his arms again but her words about keeping a low profile in front of her parents rang in his head.

"I think I overstepped my bounds last night and I apologize for putting you in an awkward position. I hope you didn't tell your dad I kissed you last night. He probably would have me fired and I really like my job here. And your dad told me he was leaving with your mom today for two or three days. If it makes you uncomfortable with me around here while they are gone I'm sure I can find a room in town until they come back."

He watched her eyes as she brushed the mane on Midnight. He didn't know if she would ask him to leave or not as he waited for her answer.
 
Shiloh listened to him, and wondered if he took what she said the wrong way or he is not interested anymore. But what have changed that? She was gonna get her answer while her parents are gone. "Don't worry Luke, I told him nothing of that. I think thats between you and me,..." She purred," And yes it does make me feel uncomfortable that my parents are leaving...." She watched has his expression fell to disapointment, she felt a bit of joy in teasing him. She walked to him and stopped aside him, she turned and looked in his eyes, giving him her naughty grin. "I'm disapointed because i'm not used to sleeping inside a house all alone. But if you feel kissing me last night was a mis step, then its maybe better that i sleep alone in this house, because what would happen would just be sinful...." She purred at him. And without a word more, she walked out of the barn, leaving him to wonder.

The afternoon was reaching its end and she helped her parents pack the car. Luke was busy with the horses but Shiloh was happy to help. With goodbyes, they left waving to her. Her first thoughts were what will happen once Luke gets home? She wondered if he would take in on her words, or if he was gonna stay away. She hoped he would come by to at least check up on her.
 
Luke listened to her tell him that she did not tell her dad about the kiss and that made him feel some relief. As least her parents didn't know about it so his job was safe for a few days.

Then she told him that she felt uncomfortable that her parents were leaving. He was sure that she saw the disappointment on his face. But then she sidled up to him and in a sexy naughty voice told him. "I'm disappointed because I'm not used to sleeping inside a house all alone. But if you feel kissing me last night was a misstep, then its maybe better that I sleep alone in this house, because what would happen would just be sinful...."

He tried to decipher her words and answer her but then she just turned and walked out of the barn without another word. He was going to call out to her but she was in the yard and he saw her mother and father waiting for her. Luke looked at Midnight and sighed, "We need to think this thing out boy." He put a harness on him and led him out of the barn for his morning exercise.

Luke took Midnight and the other horses to the training corral and began his daily workout with them. Ben came by in the early afternoon to see how he was doing and tell them would be leaving soon. "Luke thanks for everything you are doing. I couldn't do this all myself and you have been a blessing. Lisa and I want you to know we trust that you will take care of the place while we are gone."

"But what about Shiloh? I'm sure she can take care of things," Luke asked.

"Luke she has been in the city a long time with her brother. You and I both know that someone has to be here all the time and I think she may not remember all the things that have to be done around here. Besides ....." he paused for a moment and then gave him a huge grin. "She can't break a horse the way you can and we need Midnight ready for the show at the end of the month."

"I understand," Luke responded and then the old rancher was gone satisfied that Luke would take care of the normal day to day business.

Later he watched from the corral as they said their goodbyes to Shiloh and then drove off in the pickup truck with the empty horse trailer. If all went well the trailer would be occupied with a new mare when they returned.

Luke finished the workout with the horses. After leading the horses back to the stable, he pulled off his shirt which was wringing wet from the hot sun. Walking out of the barn he saw Shiloh up by the house.

He walked toward her with his shirt flung over one shoulder, he noticed she was staring at his naked chest. He thought about her words that if he stayed something sinful might happen. He smiled at her as he approached, seeing her breasts rising and falling with each breath.

"I'm planning to stay Shiloh. Your dad gave me a lot of chores to do while he was gone so it would be better if I stay. Besides someone needs to make sure you stay out of trouble," he teased her. "I'm going to take a shower. What do you want to do about dinner?" He really wanted to tell her to come take a shower with him but he waited for her to answer.
 
Supper was the last thing on her mind. Her eyes fixed at his well cut and toned chest and abs. She looked away trying mot to make it obvious that she was ogling him. " hum... Supper? I'm not sure but i could fix something up." She said to him. He smiled at her making her weak in the knees. He turned around and went back into his house. She wanted to go with him but she still was not sure on what he wanted to do. All she knew is that she was glad he was gonna stay here and not run away to town to avoid her. Either way, she planned to play it cool and see what happens.

She went into her room and picked out the sexiest pair of undies and bra she had brought. Her choices were slim but she did bring herself stocking and garter belt. She didnt remember packing that but she figured she must've grabbed it when she was packing pj and undies. One of those well placed mistake she thought to herself. She put on the sexy lingerie and putted a pair of jeans and shirt over. She planned on making him work a bit for it. But how she wanted him to undress her and let him have his way with her. But she told herself if everything goes well, he will get to see her little surprise.

She put her hair in a ponytail to make it seem more casual. She then went downstairs and into the kitchen to check what they had in the fridge. She found her mom thawed out chicken breast. She decided to make stuffed chicken with a creamy basil sauce. She then whip up a salad and some potatoes.

While Shiloh was cooking, she heard the door open. Trying to play it cool, she smiled at him. "Hey! I just put the chicken in the oven, should be about half an hour. If you want, there beer and wine in the fridge, you can get yourself some if you want." He smiled back and got himself a beer. "Do you want one?" He asked, "If you don't mind getting me a glass of wine, the glasses are above." As she pointed to the covers that hid the glasses. He grabbed one and pourred her a glass. "So we have about 30 minutes before supper is ready. What do you want to do?"
 
The shower felt great on his hot sweaty body. His thoughts were not on the ranch or the horses but rather on the rancher's daughter. He thought again about her sensual innuendo earlier in the day about sleeping alone. She wasn't used to sleeping in a house all alone. If he left it would be too bad because if he stayed it would be sinful. His mind recalled the sensual kisses at the Oasis and he could feel his cock responding to his soapy hands. He wanted her hands on his cock and not his.

Dressing quickly in jeans and shirt, he looked in the mirror, combing his hair. He remembered her gaze on his naked chest when he came in from the barn. If her staring look was any indication, she definitely was interested in being more than just friends. Maybe he read too much into her words last night. Well with the parents gone for a few days he would find out if she really wanted more. Smiling he unbuttoned a few buttons on his shirt; thinking it would be nice to give her something to think about.

When he came into the kitchen, he saw her standing at the stove with a long pony tail hanging down her back. He tight jeans and shirt left little to the imagination and erotic thoughts began to surface in his brain when she turned toward him and gave him a sweet smile.

He grabbed a beer from the refrigerator and then got two wine glasses from the cupboard. He figured he would have a glass of wine with dinner. He was pouring her glass when he heard her say, "So we have about 30 minutes before supper is ready. What do you want to do?"

What did he want to do? That was a loaded question. Her parents were gone and he needed to find out if she wanted more or if he had imagined it. He could wait until after supper or he could try to find out now. In any event, he would know what their relationship would be this evening.

He smiled at her. He gave her the glass of wine and then held up his bottle of beer to her glass. Clinking the bottle against the wine glass, he said, "Let's start out with a toast." He watched her eyes as he made the toast. "Here's to us."

He sipped his beer and watched as she did the same with her wine. He put his beer on the table and then put his hands on her shoulders. "Shiloh I think we need to clear the air about last night. I kissed you because I like you and from the way you responded, I think you liked it too. I understand your reluctance with your parents finding out you liked me and I probably overreacted when you said we should lay low. I've thought about you all day and there is only one thing I want to do before dinner."

He took her glass of wine and placed it on the table. If she was going to resist now would be the time and he would know her answer. He saw her staring at him and figured she knew what was coming. He drew her to him and then kissed her softly but with desire.
 
She felt a pinch of relief when he started to explain. When he grabbed her and brought her close to him, she wrapped her arms around him and returned the passionate kiss. Their tongue meeting each other once more and enjoying the intense feeling that was burning inside of her.

When he loosen his grip and the kiss came to an end. They both knew it was just the begining. She caught her breath and felt the relief flush over her.'So he does like me.' She thought to herself. Her big eyes met his. "I'm glad you'll be sticking around Luke...." She purred to him. His smile told her everything she needed to know, and now she knew she wanted to uncover what they are. Or at least what they could be.

"Do you mind setting the table for me? I'll get supper ready, should not be too long now." Luke helped her set up the table, has she continued making their meal. Her eyes kept going to him, occasionally meeting his and responding with a smile. Once supper was done, they sat down and he pourred them more wine. Althought she already had a few glasses and it was begining to make her feel tipsy. But she maintained herself for him not to notice. Liquid courage she told herself.

Their meal was delicious but she wanted to know more about him. "So tell me about yourself Luke, where you from? What are your goals? What was your past like?"
 
Luke was happy when Shiloh didn't pull away but rather wrapped her arms around him. Her kiss was full of passion as their tongues danced against each other. He was glad she responded and the fear he had that she would reject him faded as a distant memory. He wanted the kiss to go on but he knew that there was so much promise of more to come.

When she purred like a sensual kitten that she was glad he was staying he smiled and whispered, "Someone has to keep you out of trouble" He laughed at his teasing joke and she gave him a sensual smile.

"No problem," he said breaking their hug to set the table.

The dinner was delicious and during the meal he sensed she had something on her mind. Though they made small talk about Midnight and the way Luke was training him, he feared she had something more on her mind. After dinner, over more wine, she looked at him and he knew that whatever was on her mind was about to be revealed.

"So tell me about yourself Luke, where you from? What are your goals? What was your past like?"

Luke knew someday he would have to give Ben and Lisa information about his past. And he knew from their time together yesterday in the north forty and then last night at the Oasis, she had wondered about the man who was running the ranch for her father.

He pondered her question for a moment. There was no need to give her all the details about prison and he felt it wouldn't hurt to tell her the truth as much as he could.

"Well Shiloh I was raised on a ranch in the next county. My parents died when I was young and I was sent to live with my Uncle and Aunt. I learned to raise and train horses on his ranch and then when I was old enough I decided to strike out on my own since my Uncle and I didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things." He paused to see that she was taking in every word he said, weighing them in her head.

There was no reason to tell her about the beatings and abuse he got from his uncle. He looked into her eyes and smiled. "So I left the ranch and started out to find another ranch to work. I was hitchhiking on the highway and your father stopped and one thing led to another. He offered me a position here at the ranch and I thought I would stay for awhile before I move on. I really like your dad and mom and they have treated me with the utmost respect. Besides if I didn't take that ride I would not have met you."

He gave her a wink and soft smile that said he wanted to be more than just friends. Luke felt that was enough for now and smiled at Shiloh. He could see that the wine was getting to her a little as he raised his glass to her.

"What about you Shiloh? Why did you leave the ranch? You seem to be the kind of gal that would love the open air of the country and not the stodgy stale air of the city. What made you leave? Did you and your brother leave? Did the two of you have a falling out with your parents?"
 
Shiloh listened to his every word. He seemed honest and she sipped her wine listening to him answer her. She then hear him having questions of his own. She giggled hearing him ask about a falling out. "You're kidding right?" Knowing at this point this is the alcohol talking. "My parents are absolute dolls! No, me and Sam love our parents and we all get along great. Sam just does not like this place. He is a few years older then me. He went to study there, and when i broke up with Johny,... Well... I decided to move with him and study and work there. I do love it here, but back then, i had to leave it behind." She hated thinking back but eventually he would find out.

They finished supper and she cleaned up quickly. She looked at him, her eyes gazing at this handsome man that just said he was into her. "Would you like to watch a movie?" She wanted to be cuddled up against him. "You can choose the movie if you want." She knew her mind would be far from the movie. Her body tingle in anticipation to what could be coming.
 
Luke listened to her story of how she left the ranch and made a mental note to ask her more about Johnny. She hesitated when she spoke his name and from the way she acted last night at the Oasis, there had to be more to the story. He smiled at her thinking that they both were playing cat and mouse with their past lives. But he didn't want anything to interfere with the pleasantness of the evening so far.

"Sure. I'd love to watch a movie with you," he said. He had other more sensual things on his mind but he was not going to press the issue right now. He wanted to let the evening be enjoyable and what happens ..... well it happens.

"I'll go see what your dad has in his collection." Luke and her dad had watched some war movies but he wanted something more entertaining and sensual. He looked through the movies and was disappointed to see only drama and war movies along with some girl flicks. He was looking over the collection when he saw the movie "Flashdance" when Shiloh walked into the room.

"Here's one," he said putting the video into the player and then got up and walked to the sofa. He sat down and then she was sitting next to him. He knew the movie was about a girl who wanted to be a ballet dancer but had to work in a club where they danced for the patrons. He saw her looking at him when she sat down next to him. She could've sat that the other end of the sofa but she chose a spot next to him so there thighs were touching.

As the movie started he put his arm around her wondering if she would pull away or get comfortable against his strong frame.
 
Shiloh snuggled up when he wrapped his arm around her. The movie was a classic but all she could think about was him. His fingers would be gently caressing her shoulder and arm.

She wanted more, she wanted to feel his hands and fingers all over her. Her glass of wine was nearing empty and it sure made her feel more daring at this point. "I'll go get us some more wine." She purred to him. She grabbed both glasses and walked to the fridge. She opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle, also nearing empty. She pourred it into both glasses and then she remembered what was underneath her clothes. She stripped off her shirt and jeans. She grabbed the pair of high heels she left at the door from last night and putted them on. They looked great with the garter belt and thongs.

She drank her glass quickly and then called out. "Luke! Can you come here and help me out for a second!..." And waited for him to walk in.
 
Back
Top