What Will the GOP Do About the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Roy Moore?

Beverly Young Nelson says Roy Moore tried to rape her as a teen: ‘I was struggling and begging him to stop

A new accuser emerged on Monday and claimed that Republican Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore tried to rape her when she was just a teenager.

During a press conference with attorney Gloria Allred on Monday, accuser Beverly Young Nelson said that Moore made sexual advances toward her while he was giving her a car ride when she was just 16 years old.

While the two of them were in Moore’s car, she alleges, Moore started groping her breasts. She then says that she tried to escape the car, but Moore locked her door to prevent her from leaving.

She then said Moore “began squeezing my neck attempting to force my head into his crotch.” She says that she resisted his advances until he eventually gave up.

Upon letting her go, however, Moore warned her to not tell anyone what had happened.

“You are a child, I am the district attorney,” she alleges Moore told her. “No one will believe you.”

Nelson also denied that her decision to come forward was political, as she says she even voted for President Donald Trump last year.

With all due respect, I don't trust you to be the police, judge and jury when it comes to the fate of one of my fellow citizens.
This could happen to you, too, you know.

That's fine I don't trust you either because you clearly are pro-pedophilia. And I'm sure if you're fellow citizens found out that they'd be pretty upset.

It can't happen to me because I'm not a pedophile.

How do I know he did it? Because he signed her yearbook. No 30+ year old man signs a yearbook and if he did he certainly wouldn't sign it like that.

So yeah, he did it and you're supporting him. What a sad day for you.

That's fine I don't trust you either because you clearly are pro-pedophilia. And I'm sure if you're fellow citizens found out that they'd be pretty upset.

It can't happen to me because I'm not a pedophile.

How do I know he did it? Because he signed her yearbook. No 30+ year old man signs a yearbook and if he did he certainly wouldn't sign it like that.

So yeah, he did it and you're supporting him. What a sad day for you.

You're dangerous and clueless.

One thing i really like about trump and bannon is they way they are so fuckingly anarchist.

Trump is like johhny rotten and bannon is sid vicious to me.

Burn that motherfucker down and grab the cash and pussy too attitude.

Right in the face of all the crooked establishment who cant say anything because their dirt is even dirtier.

Best politics ever, yes?

So electing sexual predators that can cast crucial votes you favor absolves them and you. Got it.

The difference between the Parties is manifest in that regard.

You don't know if he's a sexual predator or not. You only hope he is on the basis of what might very well be politically motivated charges. The people in Alabama will decide...on the evidence. Moore's future is up to them not politicians in DC.

You don't know if he's a sexual predator or not. You only hope he is on the basis of what might very well be politically motivated charges. The people in Alabama will decide...on the evidence. Moore's future is up to them not politicians in DC.
How is it that you didn't catch the Hannity interview?

Best politics ever, yes?
If "best politics" includes shock-and-awe, rape-and-pillage, provoking intolerance and insurrection, then yes, it's all pretty nifty. Till the mob burns down your neighborhood behind the security perimeter.

If "best politics" includes shock-and-awe, rape-and-pillage, provoking intolerance and insurrection, then yes, it's all pretty nifty. Till the mob burns down your neighborhood behind the security perimeter.

If the mob has breached the wire it's no longer a security perimeter.

The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming.

..oops

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gadsden_residents_say_moores_b.html

Gadsden locals say Moore's predatory behavior at mall, restaurants not a secret

"These stories have been going around this town for 30 years," said Blake Usry, who grew up in the area and lives in Gadsden. "Nobody could believe they hadn't come out yet."

"It's not a big secret in this town about Roy Moore," he said. "That's why it's sort of frustrating to watch" the public disbelieve the women who have come forward, he said.

Greg Legat worked at the Record Bar, a music store near Sears in the mall, from 1981-1985. The store was just down from the back entrance of the mall, near the three-screen Mall Theatre. It was a popular place for parents dropping off their teens in the evenings and on weekends.

Legat, now 59, said an off-duty Gadsden police officer named J.D. Thomas told him about various people he should look out for when he was working. This was around 1981, and Thomas worked security at the mall.

One of the people was a pickpocket, he said, while another was someone prone to pick fights.

One was Roy Moore.

"I asked him, 'What did he do?'" Legat recalled. "He said, 'If you see him, let me know. I'll take care of it.'"

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

Five other current and former Etowah County residents also spoke to AL.com with similar accounts.

Not true.

They can vote to expel him. Happened a lot right before the Civil War with all the Confederates.

They can because: Federal Gov't. You remember, right?

I wished he was not but too many people have come forward with compelling accounts that he is.

I woudl think his being removed from the Alabama Supreme court, twice, would be compelling enough for the people of Alabama to choose the man who prosecuted the KKK over this dipshit predator.

I woudl think his being removed from the Alabama Supreme court, twice, would be compelling enough for the people of Alabama to choose the man who prosecuted the KKK over this dipshit predator.

It is pretty sad that the teahadists are all bending over backwards to defend this creep just because he's got an R after his name.

Also, if this Moore dude believes in divine justice he'd better bring his fire-retardant cowboy hat for where he's going to wind up.

The Second Amendment destroyed it.
Aw, there are still a few Kennedys left to shoot. But trees help too. Hey, remember a few years ago when trees murdered both a Kennedy AND Rep. Sonny Bono within a week or so? Ski accidents, right. Trees are non-partisan. Anybody can be hanged from one, and they're everywhere. Handy!

RNC just yanked support for the pedophile:
That may or may not be a big deal for his funding. He's certainly getting plenty of free bad attention but may well be able to play off it to get lots of free airtime by offering interviews.

A bigger deal, in my opinion, is in that story. McConnell saying "I believe the women, yes." That's not good news for Moore if he does manage to win despite the allegations. The Senate majority leader thinks he's a sex offender. I wonder if the Ethics Committee rules allow Moore to start being investigated as a Senator elect so the Senate can be ready to vote on expulsion immediately after.

Aw, there are still a few Kennedys left to shoot. But trees help too. Hey, remember a few years ago when trees murdered both a Kennedy AND Rep. Sonny Bono within a week or so? Ski accidents, right. Trees are non-partisan. Anybody can be hanged from one, and they're everywhere. Handy!

This is interesting. Apparently, the Kennedy you referenced was embroiled in the same kind of scandal as Roy Moore: http://www.cnn.com/US/9712/31/kennedy.update.2/

Once viewed as one of the rising stars in his generation of Kennedys, Michael Kennedy last spring became enmeshed in a very public scandal after it was revealed that he had allegedly had an affair some years before with his family's baby sitter, who was reportedly only 14 at the time.

Despite the fact that sex with a person that young constitutes statutory rape in Massachusetts, no charges were filed against Kennedy after the former baby sitter refused to cooperate with prosecutors.

But the resulting wave of bad publicity contributed to a decision by his brother Joseph to withdraw from the 1998 Massachusetts governor's race -- a rare political setback for the Kennedys in the state where they have built a powerful political dynasty.

Under treatment for alcoholism

Kennedy -- who issued a statement after the statutory rape investigation saying that he had made serious mistakes -- had since remained largely out of sight. Earlier this year, he announced that he was undergoing treatment for alcoholism.

In the wake of the scandal, Kennedy and his wife also announced they were separating. But recent reports said they had reconciled.

Back