How to ... write a PM to a woman

KimGordon67,

I read some of your posts, including this one. They are both the fun, intuitive, and also advisory. I find them interesting and fascinating. They are fascinating from the point of view that they make so much sense, especially for those who care to get the point.

It reminds me of what one of my bosses during my corporate carrier days said at one of our annual division meeting, quoting him "...young man, your idea makes a lot of sense, and that's precisely why we are not going to use it..." Of course, he was being very sarcastic to illustrate how ridiculous some of the events happening in the organization at the time were.

In applying the example above to your posts, I am in agreement, and I say "...a word is enough for the wise". Enjoyed reading your posts.

Thanks ... and yes, of course I'm aware that none of this is likely to make a difference. Still, it's amusing me and apparently a few other people.

I think I needed to perform some more editing before I submitted that as I see an error in my FIRST SENTENCE! It's not enormous messages. Its enormous VOLUMES of messages. Doh. My most creative moments come when I am half crocked yet my proofreading skills erode immensely during those times.

I might add that those, me included, posting or PMing on phones really need to proof read before sending as autocorrect and the use of our opposible digits makes us prone to more mistakes.

See Point 9. :)

It's all good and well, bu this thread should really be renamed into "How to write PM to KimGordon and what ticks her off."

I don't think there's any reason to write PM's to women in general - unless you really need to discuss something that came up in some thread on the forum and don't want to flood the place up.
But if you decide to do so - I believe it's a personal thing and cannot be boiled down to rules.

Actually, on reflection, if this really was just about me, Point 1 would be no virtual roses. However, I'm aware a lot of people love that stuff, and they're usually meant with the best of intentions, so I'm keeping that particular quirk to myself.

When I email a lady, I am looking for a female friend to share with. Not play online or hook up with. I do like to share my stories and chat with those that like them. The reality is even when I was single there is not many easy ways to hook up.

So with that realization my PM's must be pretty lame compared to these that are being discussed. So maybe I should just up my game a little and flirt a little more. Just imagine you got a one liner below from me in a PM and now you are so excited you want to..........

Nice dress. Can I talk you out of it?
I may not be Fred Flintstone but I could make your Bedrock
I wish you were a door so I could bang you all day.
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Fertilized or unfertilized?

:rose:

PS Please read my stories. Just got another Hot rating.

Last edited:
Hi Kim Gordon,
Hmmm? Sorry if my reply wasn't clear, really I try to be a gentleman when talking with a lady. I have found that text sometimes is read in different context, than what the author intended. Hopefully I can clear up what I meant. I meant to tell you, your post of "How to PM a Lady" was something we all should take interest in, so when text communication is exchanged the two or more involved know how to keep it classy, but enjoy the company of each other.

Last edited:
I literally just received a pm from someone which read. ..."do you like it in the ass?". seriously??!!!

This makes me wonder as you did notice the PM.
I have sent two Pm's out in the last month and have heard nothing back.

The wrong question

I literally just received a pm from someone which read. ..."do you like it in the ass?". seriously??!!!

Another fascinating thread - thanks to all who have commented. It is still astonishing to me when one of the other men on Lit reveals his lack of class or imagination like that. It's embarrassing, as well as rude.

Here is the sad truth, however, in my own experience. Even the saner guys, the emotionally intelligent guys, the truly "nice" guys have an occasional lapse into neanderthal land. Given enough pent up desire, even good guys can occasional F up.

This is not an excuse. There is NO excuse to be sexist, rude and crass. Just a touch of explanation from a "tries to be a good" guy.

Another fascinating thread - thanks to all who have commented. It is still astonishing to me when one of the other men on Lit reveals his lack of class or imagination like that. It's embarrassing, as well as rude.

Here is the sad truth, however, in my own experience. Even the saner guys, the emotionally intelligent guys, the truly "nice" guys have an occasional lapse into neanderthal land. Given enough pent up desire, even good guys can occasional F up.

This is not an excuse. There is NO excuse to be sexist, rude and crass. Just a touch of explanation from a "tries to be a good" guy.

Sometimes crass is funny.
Remember, no one is obligated to respond to a PM, ever, even from "nice guys."

I'm so glad I'm boring and don't PM much. lol

Excellent thread though Kim. It will no doubt help the lot of us that are here on a regular basis. Girls and boys, alike.

It is tough getting to know someone online. I have one very close friend here on Lit, but I don't honestly remember how we started talking. I suppose I probably PM'd her because she lives "close" to my favorite city. I most likely said something clever, and now I can't get rid of her (I'm kidding Chica)! But I wouldn't trade our relationship/friendship for the world now. We chat quite often and it always brightens my day.

And, I'd be remiss if I didn't echo MoE's sentiments and apologize to the Ladies of Lit for the Neanderthals and agree that even the nice guys sometimes have moments of questionable clarity of thought.

Be patient with us. We'll regain our composure and come back around. ;)

Thanks ... and yes, those friendship are rare and so random it makes you wonder that they ever happen at all.

Everything else below your post ... I have no idea WTF just happened here ...

I'm so glad I'm boring and don't PM much. lol

Excellent thread though Kim. It will no doubt help the lot of us that are here on a regular basis. Girls and boys, alike.

It is tough getting to know someone online. I have one very close friend here on Lit, but I don't honestly remember how we started talking. I suppose I probably PM'd her because she lives "close" to my favorite city. I most likely said something clever, and now I can't get rid of her (I'm kidding Chica)! But I wouldn't trade our relationship/friendship for the world now. We chat quite often and it always brightens my day.

And, I'd be remiss if I didn't echo MoE's sentiments and apologize to the Ladies of Lit for the Neanderthals and agree that even the nice guys sometimes have moments of questionable clarity of thought.

Be patient with us. We'll regain our composure and come back around. ;)

Really? You do realize she is under no obligation to respond, yes?

Obligation. Yea. There is an assumption that since a guy sent a PM he must be rude I sense. But I was working on the idea that as a nice guy if I send a nice PM saying not rude things is that too boring to reply to?

This thread made we wonder, so I looked at my PM's that I have sent and the few that someone responded to back to 2007. Yes they are still in my sent and inbox. They all are polite and comments on things posted in threads. A few girls replied back. But there is no pattern.

I was under the impression most had no interest in replying back. But I think you just explained it to me.

Obligation. Yea. There is an assumption that since a guy sent a PM he must be rude I sense. But I was working on the idea that as a nice guy if I send a nice PM saying not rude things is that too boring to reply to?

This thread made we wonder, so I looked at my PM's that I have sent and the few that someone responded to back to 2007. Yes they are still in my sent and inbox. They all are polite and comments on things posted in threads. A few girls replied back. But there is no pattern.

I was under the impression most had no interest in replying back. But I think you just explained it to me.

I'm thinking that you don't realize just how many PMs women on this site often receive. Speaking for myself, and for many women with whom I've talked about this or who've posted their experience on threads, if men want to talk to women on Lit, interacting in threads is a better approach. Answering unsolicited PMs often leads to unpleasant results. Hell, many times the initial PM is horrible. I recognize you are a self-described "nice guy" with a "nice" PM, but that still doesn't mean women have to respond to you.

This thread is so spot on. I especially hate the greetings that you know they have saved in a word pad and keep copy and pasting it to any female. Like, really?

I'm thinking that you don't realize just how many PMs women on this site often receive. Speaking for myself, and for many women with whom I've talked about this or who've posted their experience on threads, if men want to talk to women on Lit, interacting in threads is a better approach. Answering unsolicited PMs often leads to unpleasant results. Hell, many times the initial PM is horrible. I recognize you are a self-described "nice guy" with a "nice" PM, but that still doesn't mean women have to respond to you.

Yes. All of this. :heart:

Back