Tolyk's Gallery

Gorgeous work, glad I stumbled across your thread. I like the way you use natural light to your advantage.

I captured some butterflies with my cell phone while at the local zoo. Take a gander at them over on my tumblr..

Last edited:
I haven't seen butterflies in a long time. Much like lightning bugs, I figured they were getting caught by a bunch of kids, or collectors without a better hobby. Awesome to see some are still around, and a very nice job capturing them.

I haven't seen butterflies in a long time. Much like lightning bugs, I figured they were getting caught by a bunch of kids, or collectors without a better hobby. Awesome to see some are still around, and a very nice job capturing them.

There are in a conservatory, at the zoo. :) But I see them when I'm outside too

There are in a conservatory, at the zoo. :) But I see them when I'm outside too

I did see that you said they were in a zoo the first time. Be glad that you do, as I've lived in over 75 locations in the US and with exception to one year where there was a flood of monarchs (and of course they sprayed the surrounding neighborhoods with pesticides, in retaliation), with rarer sightings each year.

I captured some butterflies with my cell phone while at the local zoo. Take a gander at them over on my tumblr..

https://the-tolyk.tumblr.com/post/176179976535/some-butterflies-i-captured-at-the-local-zoo
I love them. :) I love your whole thread though.
The way things catch your eye is so intriguing to me.

I think it's mostly environmental. The world has changed, not as much space for little winged creatures. I see tons of butterflies, but my family goes out of their way to plant gardens that encourage them as well.

Fireflies are seasonal and regional. I was in Virginia a few years ago up in the mountains and there were so many fireflies that it was nearly overwhelming. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I rarely see them neaer my home though. They don't like civilization, they prefer the wilds.

I love them. :) I love your whole thread though.
The way things catch your eye is so intriguing to me.

I already told you how much this means to me, coming from you, but again, it makes me very happy to know you like my eye :)

Me too :) taking those photos reminded me of my wedding. I made the center pieces, from photos of flowers and butterflies i had taken :) everyone loved them

That is so great! The concept and making your wedding even more personal.

I like the butterfly photos. You really need to add to your tumblr, it’s a bit bare.
Btw, Nice AV.

Wow, Tolyk! I'm so glad that I clicked on your gallery link. Your work is amazing. Just stunningly beautiful. And your ability to actually capture the beauty in an image is impressive. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. :rose:

Angelica

Wow, Tolyk! I'm so glad that I clicked on your gallery link. Your work is amazing. Just stunningly beautiful. And your ability to actually capture the beauty in an image is impressive. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. :rose:

Angelica

Thank you very much :) I love to share my work and I'm glad it's appreciated. I try hard to catch emotion in my nature photos. The mood the area puts me in.

So, I got to shoot a bit while we were out camping a couple weekends ago. I hadn't looked through them yet, and well... I love how this one turned out:

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back