Con artist to Pentagon: "No money for you!"

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
Washington (CNN) Defense Secretary James Mattis has privately told Congress the Trump administration's Pentagon budget request isn't sufficient to cover the cost of rebuilding the military as President Donald Trump has vowed to do, four sources familiar with the conversations told CNN.

Trump has repeatedly said he would rebuild the military with a massive defense spending increase, but the funding planned for next year's budget is less than what the Pentagon sought, according to sources with knowledge of the deliberations.
. . .

Trump has said he wants to boost the military by adding tens of thousands more Army soldiers, grow to a 350-ship Navy and add supply the Air Force with more fighter jets.

A question not answered is who is the U.S. going to war against? The con artist colluded with Russia during the campaign so to consider that country an enemy seems remote, especially when one considers the fawning, almost devotional platitudes the con artist regularly gives to Russia.

China? Other than nuclear weapons, its military only has large numbers of inexperienced personnel. Its navy wouldn't last more than a week or two on the open seas.

That leaves Europe. As it appears the European Union is breaking down, if not dissolving entirely, the con artist might use that as an opportunity to expand the empire. Being able to knock off an individual country is much easier than having to take on an entire continent.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/21/politics/mattis-military-spending-trump-budget/index.html
 
Perhaps he wants to regress the term to it's 1850's meaning.

"
The term "filibuster" ultimately derives from the Dutch vrijbuiter ("freebooter", a pillaging and plundering adventurer), though the precise history of its borrowing into English is obscure.[2] The Oxford English Dictionary finds its only known use in early modern English in a 1587 book describing "flibutors" who robbed supply convoys.[2] In the late 18th century, the term was re-borrowed into English from its French form flibustier, a form that was used until the mid-19th century. The modern form "filibuster" was borrowed in the early 1850s from the Spanish form filibustero, and was applied to private military adventurers like William Walker who were then attacking and pillaging Spanish colonies in Central America.[2] Over the course of the mid to late 19th century, the term "filibustering" became common in American English in the sense of "obstructing progress in a legislative assembly".[2]

William Walker (May 8, 1824 – September 12, 1860) was an American physician, lawyer, journalist and mercenary who organized several private military expeditions into Latin America, with the intention of establishing English-speaking colonies under his personal control, an enterprise then known as "filibustering." Walker usurped the presidency of the Republic of Nicaragua in 1856 and ruled until 1857, when he was defeated by a coalition of Central American armies. He was executed by the government of Honduras in 1860.

Only three years of Filibustering till Death. Wonder if Donald will last that long?
 
When he got angry, his voice would go up really high, so some of us would try to piss him off by leading him somewhere and running away.

But then Thorin said to me, "Stop trying to get rid of Fili, buster!"
 
Back
Top