A Sweep?

Do you two have any idea how long I've been carrying those trolls around? They are harder to get rid of than plot bunnies.

AP, good idea. A couple of drops of garlic juice on the tip, too?

Well you know how impervious Internet Trolls are. Im thinking powdered silver in a hollow tip filled with crushed garlic and a miniature cross blessed by the Pope or Saint McAfee or something

Well, folklore says they die in daylight, so perhaps a bit of photoflash powder too? Wouldn't do to miss a trick.

Well, folklore says they die in daylight, so perhaps a bit of photoflash powder too? Wouldn't do to miss a trick.

This is what you use at night...... (12 Gauge Dragon's Breath....)

Do you two have any idea how long I've been carrying those trolls around? They are harder to get rid of than plot bunnies.

Not with this they're not, Tex. Although I need a hand ... well, maybe a couple of hands ... to help carry it. And position it ... And aim it ... And load it ... And ... And ... maybe someone else can pull the trigger coz I hear the kick is wicked ....

Chloe with her Lahti 20mm, out Troll Hunting..... no photoflash powder needed, this one lights up the night....

IMG_4528-vi.jpg

I am a threat to nobody. Two of mine got bombed and lost their hot status. Oh well... :eek:

Point us at 'em :D

Last edited:
Most likely won't matter. It's always the final sweep that truly erases the garbage. By the time that one comes around, most of the bad actors have outed themselves, and the type of garbage they're dropping on your doorstep won't matter when the Hoover makes the final round to pick it up.

Heh. Whenever someone talks about 'bad actors', all I can think of is Tommy Wiseau.

"Anything for my princeeesss."

* drops some ones on a few competition entries *

I am a threat to nobody. Two of mine got bombed and lost their hot status. Oh well... :eek:

That happened to me too! It went from 4.5 after the sweep yesterday to 3.8 today. I came over to ask what happened and saw this. My story isn't a threat to anyone in the competition so I think maybe someone just really, really hates it! :D
I've been reading my way through some of the other contest submissions and discovered some really amazing writers and wonderful stories. I'm definitely no competition for those!

That happened to me too! It went from 4.5 after the sweep yesterday to 3.8 today. I came over to ask what happened and saw this. My story isn't a threat to anyone in the competition so I think maybe someone just really, really hates it! :D
I've been reading my way through some of the other contest submissions and discovered some really amazing writers and wonderful stories. I'm definitely no competition for those!

No, it's more that you're new and there's trolls that like to find new writers and one star bomb their stories so they pick on new authors. :rose::rose: It's a kind of generic hobby for them - just ignore them. It's unfortunate, it happens to us all, and it's a pain but there's nothing we can do about it and the site will do nothing.

Look at it as a psychological toughening process. Survive LIT trolls and if you publish, comments on Amazon will be so lightweight compared to the hazing your get here that you'll laugh. :cool:

No, it's more that you're new and there's trolls that like to find new writers and one star bomb their stories so they pick on new authors. :rose::rose: It's a kind of generic hobby for them - just ignore them. It's unfortunate, it happens to us all, and it's a pain but there's nothing we can do about it and the site will do nothing.

Look at it as a psychological toughening process. Survive LIT trolls and if you publish, comments on Amazon will be so lightweight compared to the hazing your get here that you'll laugh. :cool:

Thank you for explaining that! I was thinking I had somehow really pissed someone off and they felt like they needed to bomb the hell out of it! But simply the fact that someone, or more, took that much note of it almost made me feel like a "real" author! I'm just a bit surprised that I don't have any negative anonymous comments. Come on, tell me what you hate! :rolleyes:

Yes, you are. Congratulations on your first story! :rose:

Thank you very much! I appreciate your kind words, I tend to disagree, but then again, it's hard to judge your own writing. ;)

It has nothing to do with whether you are competitive or not. The idiot trolls think they can drive off new authors by bombing them. They don't realize that they are doing just the opposite. Piss an author off and he or she writes more and better stories.

The ones that come to the AH learn quickly from the ones who have been around. I hate to think how the writers who never make it here fair.

In a lot of cases, the bombing has nothing to do with dropping the scores. It is the oldest game on Lit instead. Make people think the system is broken and the contests are rigged. This has been going on since the days of scouries and his best author on Lit claims. The only problem is that he never won a contest or any awards on Lit at all. He may not be around or he may still be around but someone is trying the same things he did way back when. The only thing missing is the colorful oversized fonts and egotistical posts.

Think of it as terrorist attacks.

It has nothing to do with whether you are competitive or not. The idiot trolls think they can drive off new authors by bombing them. They don't realize that they are doing just the opposite. Piss an author off and he or she writes more and better stories.

The ones that come to the AH learn quickly from the ones who have been around. I hate to think how the writers who never make it here fair.

In a lot of cases, the bombing has nothing to do with dropping the scores. It is the oldest game on Lit instead. Make people think the system is broken and the contests are rigged. This has been going on since the days of scouries and his best author on Lit claims. The only problem is that he never won a contest or any awards on Lit at all. He may not be around or he may still be around but someone is trying the same things he did way back when. The only thing missing is the colorful oversized fonts and egotistical posts.

Thank you! I wondered what was going on. I've been a reader here for many, many years...I'm not sure exactly how long, but I think way back to somewhere near the beginning. I came over from another erotica reader/writer site. I just never created an account, but I remember some of that..**** times...:rolleyes:

I sometimes ponder that, too. We can be a cantankerous bunch of opinionated ass hats here on AH, but generally speaking we're kind and helpful for newbs, and battle for the common good of writers against the clowns and numb-nuts of the Lit sewers. I can see why someone battling alone might lose heart and stop writing.

One must really feel sorry for the crab-bucket set.

Briefly.

Between sharpening spears and axes.

Last edited:
Now, if they can just take out anything below a five in those sweeps, I'd be most appreciative.

You might be surprised at what does come out during sweeps including 5's.

I've seen a contest story lose almost 500 votes and 99% of them were fives. At the time, the strategy was to vote a certain persons story up but also vote two or three others that had nothing to do with it to show that everyone was cheating. The person doing it was trying to cover up that he was the only one losing very large numbers of 5's during the sweeps. It didn't work believe me but it was fun to watch.

I sometimes ponder that, too. We can be a cantankerous bunch of opinionated ass hats here on AH, but generally speaking we're kind and helpful for newbs, and battle for the common good of writers against the clowns and numb-nuts of the Lit sewers. I can see why someone battling alone might lose heart and stop writing.

Well, I was writing on Literotica for about six months before I discovered the AH and what a revelation that was when I started reading the threads here. I thin I'd even posted in my first Halloween competition too. I was lucky tho. My first stories here were in Interacial and First Time and they all got a good reception. Good categories to start in I think. But even with that I got trolled - fortunately not badly enough that I noticed. Lol. But discovering the AH was so nice.

:eek: You said the "S" name! :eek:

But, nah. I don't think it's actually anything that elaborate. From just kicking tin cans down the sides of gravel roads, I've pretty much developed the theory that there are some people that just can't have a good day unless they fuck up someone else's. Like the dickhead that sees you walking in the rain and just has to adjust their speed and swerve to make sure they hit you with the greatest amount of splash. They don't even fucking know you, but it just makes them laugh their ass off they managed to get you wet(ter).

I can remember early on in my first iteration, I'd already developed a pretty tough skin just from life experiences. But, the first couple of times my story efforts got drilled down under 4.0, it actually bothered me. (Granted, those weren't actually that good and only 3 of the 19 have even yet crawled over 4.5)

Eventually (being more of a numbers nerd than a grammar geek), I figured out that one *1 bomb hurt a whole hell of a lot more when you had fewer than 50 votes than it did when you crossed over 150 or 200 or higher.

On the downside, that means that fresh-faced neophytes without much in the way of name recognition are prime meat for the more thuggish trolls since the fewer number of votes means they get some instant gratification from watching a story plummet from H to below 4.0 and they do their troll victory dance and move on to try to see if they can fuck with nine more people too.

So, about the only real way to counteract really is to build a large enough following that their little bombs don't damage much unless they are prepared to come out from under the radar to do it.

And as Tx says, the only way to do that is to decide to knuckle up instead of knuckle under. And slam up more and more efforts that are good enough your goon squad will take care of the trolls for you.

On the other hand, I've noticed that no troll does as much damage as annoying a group of followers when you head off in a different direction suddenly. That's a lot of 4s this time 'round. :cool:

But, for me, I've pretty well gotten past the vote average and even the number of comments. I'm pretty much all about the number of followers these days. My goal is to pick up 3-5 new followers for each story. I'm still toying with when I hit 1000 trying to actually sell something on Amazon or Smashwords. (Of course, I'm only at 43, so I've got a hella long way to go.)

You might be surprised at what does come out during sweeps including 5's.

I've seen a contest story lose almost 500 votes and 99% of them were fives. At the time, the strategy was to vote a certain persons story up but also vote two or three others that had nothing to do with it to show that everyone was cheating. The person doing it was trying to cover up that he was the only one losing very large numbers of 5's during the sweeps. It didn't work believe me but it was fun to watch.

Muahahaha. Brilliant. :D

Maybe this would do it?

Probably, but your 20mm solution is more satisfying in the long run, Chloe. There's something viscerally charming about helping A-hole joining the Pink Mist Society. :)

No, my bad. Not socially acceptable anymore. Sorry.

Back