I'm buying a car

It won't be raced.
For some reason, young guys love these all done up..... there's a whole sub-group in our car club that have them, and go to every Show'n'Shine.
I call this one the Limo, because all that's missing atm is a mini-bar!

So why in the mother fuck would you tweak that heap of fucking shit engine out to 500+HP then? Ancient slow POS with a fresh paint job and some chrome would have done just dandy at the "I don't have a real car nor can I drive it for shit." weekend circle jerk show??

So why in the mother fuck would you tweak that heap of fucking shit engine out to 500+HP then? Ancient slow POS with a fresh paint job and some chrome would have done just dandy at the "I don't have a real car nor can I drive it for shit." weekend circle jerk show??

Because that's what brings in the money.
It's all about bragging rights re what's under the hood.

Seriously - if we take the way you're thinking, why would anyone buy a car that can do 200km/h, when the most you can do on any road is 110?

Seriously - if we take the way you're thinking, why would anyone buy a car that can do 200km/h, when the most you can do on any road is 110?

I think you're a Dollparts alt...she could never just shutup either

Really? In america unmolested original cars are what brings the money, and bragging rights are earned on the street/track...not at a dyno or circle jerk car show.

Every new car sold today can go faster than 110kph.....if you really were going the way you think AU wouldn't have ANY of the cars they do have.

Really? In america unmolested original cars are what brings the money, and bragging rights are earned on the street/track...not at a dyno or circle jerk car show.

Every new car sold today can go faster than 110kph.....if you really were going the way you think AU wouldn't have ANY of the cars they do have.

We're not targetting people who race or do burnouts....
Most of our cars are sold within the club.

And you are the one who brought up the issue of engine capacity..... so why are you giving me shit about it?
Guys like cars which are capable of certain speeds. Most will never go that fast - they are happy with showing off their car with a dyno reading on the dash that says what it can do.

Big engines and high horsepower isn't necessarily about top speed, but in how quickly you can get there.

Cars are like most things, in that there's no accounting for taste. What someone wants to modify is nobody's business but theirs. It's their car, it's their money and sweat and parts, so who cares. If it makes them happy, so be it.

And, for most projects, there is at least one buyer, and that's all it takes.

Big engines and high horsepower isn't necessarily about top speed, but in how quickly you can get there.

Cars are like most things, in that there's no accounting for taste. What someone wants to modify is nobody's business but theirs. It's their car, it's their money and sweat and parts, so who cares. If it makes them happy, so be it.

OMG!! A voice of reason in the midst of the great unwashed!
I am shocked, I tell you - shocked!

The LTD is up for 9, but we'll take 8.
And we'll get it :D
We've already had three interested people come look, but I think the guy coming on Sat will take her. He already has 2 others, and we've spoken to him on a couple of runs, while the car was not quite finished. He offered us 7 on the last show.

We're not targetting people who race or do burnouts....
Most of our cars are sold within the club.

And you are the one who brought up the issue of engine capacity..... so why are you giving me shit about it?
Guys like cars which are capable of certain speeds. Most will never go that fast - they are happy with showing off their car with a dyno reading on the dash that says what it can do.

I never brought up engine capacity....if I did it would be a V8 slaughter fest as I nitpicked the excessively SHITTY design of big ol' domestic V8's (foreign for you I suppose) and how a class of 3rd graders would put their engineers to fucking shame.

Christ...you must hang out with some overtly pussy "Car enthusiast" down there if they never run it through the gears on an open back road.

^^ this....with 20 grand you can make a Civic run circles around a ZR1 Corvette or F whatever Ferrari. As long as it pushes you into your seat and puts a smile on your face that's all that matters.

I have had a 300ZX TT that pushed 660whp on C16....MR2 Turbo that made 520...and a Datsun 510 with a 417 hp turbo rotary, driven Supras, RX7's, R34 GTR's, Vettes, Stnangs and F body's that were obnoxiously quick.

None of them were as fun as my 11,000 RPM all motor 260whp all motor civic hatch. It wasn't scary fucking fast 200mph 11-10 sec animal of a car blowing the tires off from a 70 roll. It was just well set up/balanced and a blast to hit windy mountain roads with....I have been debating building another, this time with a K series engine and 6 speed. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dZCJ6V9ZV0

Last edited:
congratulations on the new car, pink!!
It's such a peace of mind getting a "new" one, isn't it? I use to worry all the time about breaking down years ago, when I was single and straggling along in a really old car.

--g'lord how'd this thread become wq?

congratulations on the new car, pink!!
It's such a peace of mind getting a "new" one, isn't it? I use to worry all the time about breaking down years ago, when I was single and straggling along in a really old car.

Now you're married and worried about your old husband breaking down?

Maybe your laws are different..... but here, so long as 50% or more of the entire car is still original, then it can be registered as special interest after a certain number of years (effectively making it a classic).
Stop trying to put your American laws onto every other country.

What does the law have to do with it?

Put it in context. I was addressing the Queen.

Sure!!

Originally Posted by warrior queen
Why on earth would you entertain the thought that I am a man?

In the desperate hope that no woman would be so narcissistic or vacuous?

:rolleyes:

Like I said, a desperate hope indeed.

You should get out more it will help you cope with reality.

Sure!!

Originally Posted by warrior queen
Why on earth would you entertain the thought that I am a man?

:rolleyes:

Like I said, a desperate hope indeed.

You should get out more it will help you cope with reality.

Pretty smoked up tonight?:D

It only has 70,000 miles on it.

Jeez. Lot of shit to wade through to warn that 70k is about time when stuff wears out. So, hope they replaced the timing belt, starter, etc. before you bought...or have a warranty.

Maybe your laws are different..... but here, so long as 50% or more of the entire car is still original, then it can be registered as special interest after a certain number of years (effectively making it a classic).
Stop trying to put your American laws onto every other country.

"American laws" have absolutely nothing to do with it: the piece of crap you describe isn't considered a true "classic" anywhere in the world...

...regardless of what a tribe of grease monkey, Tasmanian hillapes may bay to their moon at night, drunk on stale bat piss.

Back